Update server problems

drk
drk Posts: 7 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Support Desk
Is anyone else having trouble updating? The patching doesn't even go a inch and it stalls. Than a couple mins later I get a update server error to restart. Any help? Any suggestions? Thanks.

removed links, please use the official manual patch sticky: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=42021

For problems with buff_str.txt, try downloading Codepage.exe:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/winceplatformbuilder/patch/1.0/wce/en-us/codepage.exe

Run that and extract the files, inside there's a file called "CHINAS.ZIP", extract that one and run the .BAT file inside it (thanks Zorin!)
Post edited by drk on

Comments

• xii
    xii Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i've got the exact same issue...i'm guessing yours freezes around elements.data?

anyhow, it seems some lucky few people have theirs up and running. i'm guessing its something to do with their update server. my only guess is to just wait it out...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xbill
    xbill Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    same here T_T what's going onnnnn!?!?!?
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Where did you download your client from? Also what version does it say your game is when you start the launcher?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • esc0rz
    esc0rz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Perhaps waiting a little bit as I'm sure the update server is getting overloaded at the moment. Try waiting a few minutes or so and then try again.
  • drk
    edited August 2008
    Yup it halts there i have no idea why it just stays there....before that it was something else, it was the txt thing it just stayed frozen... I tired messing with my firewall and restart my computer, but still no dice.
  • xii
    xii Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Where did you download your client from? Also what version does it say your game is when you start the launcher?

i downloaded from mmosite, the mirror from this website...

also, upon loading, it says client version 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drk
    edited August 2008
    All it says client as latest version, i got mine off the torrents because the direct downloading one stalled after it hit 1.5 gig. I also found the client version one thing >>.
  • dai
    dai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    drk wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble updating? The patching doesn't even go a inch and it stalls. Than a couple mins later I get a update server error to restart. Any help? Any suggestions? Thanks.

I'm having the same problem. I got to the part where it says:

Updating Files...

buff_str.txt

But then the bars at the top don't change at all. A few seconds later, I get a file download error, then it asks to try again.. I even tried re-installing and restarting. Keeps failing. And I'm sure nothing is wrong with my downloaded client. I got it from the official torrent, and the verifying during installation turned out fine.

This looks like the same problem I had with the PW-MY version. Couldn't patch there either. I never had any patching problems with other games such as Ragnarok Online or Rappelz, just with the Perfect World versions..

I hope it's just a temporary updating problem >_<

I'm gonna try it out on my family's laptops to see if I get the same problem as my desktop..
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    dai wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem. I got to the part where it says:

Updating Files...

buff_str.txt

But then the bars at the top don't change at all. A few seconds later, I get a file download error, then it asks to try again.. I even tried re-installing and restarting. Keeps failing. And I'm sure nothing is wrong with my downloaded client. I got it from the official torrent, and the verifying during installation turned out fine.

This looks like the same problem I had with the PW-MY version. Couldn't patch there either. I never had any patching problems with other games such as Ragnarok Online or Rappelz, just with the Perfect World versions..

I hope it's just a temporary updating problem >_<

I'm gonna try it out on my family's laptops to see if I get the same problem as my desktop..

Having same issue.
  • sachertortecake
    sachertortecake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I too have the same problem. Can't get past "item_exit_desc.txt" I got my off the torrent, game version 1.
  • drk
    edited August 2008
    Ladies and Gentle after some tampering I am now stuck at tasks.data >>.
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    drk wrote: »
    Ladies and Gentle after some tampering I am now stuck at tasks.data >>.

Explain tampering for us.
  • xbill
    edited August 2008
    stuck in Elements.data

HELP PLEASE I WANT TO PLAY!!
  • gem
    gem Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i had same problem antill i dled it from internode. Then i went to setting uncheck manual server/ and uncheck continue update. just keep closing and click continoue update antill it just passes through like i did.
  • drk
    edited August 2008
    Lol, IT WORKS OMG IT WORKS I PRAISE TO GOD IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D, OK, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN CHECK YOUR FIREWALL SOFTWARE I TURNED ALL OF MINE OFF I WAS EVEN TO TURN OFF NOD32 AS WELL. And what i did was restart my modem over and over again. Try to Restart your modem as well as your router, make sure your firewall aren't blocking the ports...other than that OMG IT WORKS PRAISE GOD! O yeah i was presistant i restarted this thing like a couple hundred times already. GOOD LUCK. If you would like to contact me pm i might be able to help in some way other than that keep restarting the update it worked for me >>...sadly... my parents thought i was insane for doing that...
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    i don't even use firewall.
  • xbill
    edited August 2008
    it's unbelievable that an Administrator can answer this!
  • xarfox
    edited August 2008
    Please check your firewall settings and and also try restarting your router. We have our engineering team looking at the issue to make sure any problems on our side are being corrected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    Please check your firewall settings and and also try restarting your router. We have our engineering team looking at the issue to make sure any problems on our side are being corrected.

I don't use firewall or router. I've restarted computer, modem and reinstalled the client.
  • xbill
    edited August 2008
    im crying..literally
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    2008/8/19 02:46:44Download file=./configs/buff_str.txt
    2008/8/19 02:46:44Decompress files fails

Some reason it's failing decompress, if this helps fix the issue..
  • dai
    dai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hmm, PWi works perfectly with my laptop but fails to connect with my desktop. No idea why; maybe different security settings x.x
  • da1ca
    da1ca Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm stuck at Updating files... buff_str.txt

No firewall whatsoever.
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    da1ca wrote: »
    I'm stuck at Updating files... buff_str.txt

No firewall whatsoever.

Apparently the engineers are hard at work trying to fix the problem..
  • xarfox
    edited August 2008
    To those who are having issues patching their client, specifically getting stuck on buff_str.txt, try uninstalling and reinstalling your client. Please be sure to let us know if that does not resolve your issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • da1ca
    da1ca Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I just installed the game on another computer that is running windows XP and it works fine. My windows Vista is the one that doesn't work.
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    God speed PWI engineers. I went from "item_exit_desc.txt" to the dreaded "Elements.data" after resetting my modem and reinstalling. Can't go past element.data.
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    To those who are having issues patching their client, specifically getting stuck on buff_str.txt, try uninstalling and reinstalling your client. Please be sure to let us know if that does not resolve your issue.

I've already reinstalled the client twice, this does not resolve the issue.
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    Could it be that Vista user are the only one having problems? I'm running Vista and I heard other Vista are having trouble too.
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    Could it be that Vista user are the only one having problems? I'm running Vista and I heard other Vista are having trouble too.

Running WinXP here.
This discussion has been closed.