Update server problems

Comments

• dothacker
    dothacker Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Can we get the name and port number of the PW servers? I can try to add them to my firewall exceptions...
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Then again, I think someone's tried with the firewall completely off, and it didn't help... ^^;
  • sachertortecake
    sachertortecake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I turned off all of my security setting and that didn't work.
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    I turned off all of my security setting and that didn't work.

Yeah, that's what I thought...
  • aaddron
    aaddron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    dothacker wrote: »
    Can we get the name and port number of the PW servers? I can try to add them to my firewall exceptions...

You shouldn't need the name or port number to add it as an exception you should just have to add perfect world as an exception and you dont need the name or port number for that..
    IRTPTP <
    Can you figure it out.
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    aaddron wrote: »
    You shouldn't need the name or port number to add it as an exception you should just have to add perfect world as an exception and you dont need the name or port number for that..

I've already added Perfect World as a program, but my exceptions tab also has an options to add a port exception. I was wondering if that would do anything...
  • aaddron
    edited August 2008
    I've already added Perfect World as a program, but my exceptions tab also has an options to add a port exception. I was wondering if that would do anything...

Sorry idk the port. idk if that would help either.
    IRTPTP <
    Can you figure it out.
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Sorry idk the port. idk if that would help either.

Meh, 'tis okay. If only an Admin would get back to us on this one, but they're probably busy with the HijackThis report that Koz did for them...
  • aaddron
    edited August 2008
    Meh, 'tis okay. If only an Admin would get back to us on this one, but they're probably busy with the HijackThis report that Koz did for them...

They'll be back I'm sure there just busy trying to fix this.
    IRTPTP <
    Can you figure it out.
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    They'll be back I'm sure there just busy trying to fix this.

Well, I guess it's back to waiting... I'll probably log into some other MMO while I wait. ^^;
  • lamboo
    lamboo Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well, I guess it's back to waiting... I'll probably log into some other MMO while I wait. ^^;

yeap same here ^-^
  • xansteel
    xansteel Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well I didn't feel like reading all 35 pages. lol

But if this issue is still happening and it only happening with Vista users, make sure you have the client set to run as Admin, there may have been an update that changed it to needing it.

Xan Steel
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    xansteel wrote: »
    but if this issue is still happening and it only happening with Vista users, make sure you have the client set to run as Admin, there may have been an update that changed it to needing it.

Xan Steel
    Been said and done already, didn't work.
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Wow. Page 35! :eek: Holy S**T!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fr8train
    fr8train Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I am using Win XP sp3 and am having this issue. For just an update this sure seems to be a huge issue. I am not going to even attempt to update anymore until I see some results. Have wasted way to much of my monthly Bandwidth to try to get this thing going for the last couple of days.:(
  • lifewithnoreason
    lifewithnoreason Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You think by now the problem would have been solved. Manual patch FTW!
  • kithy
    kithy Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    OKAY! Guys, I'm back. I got elements.data and tasks.data from my friend in Virginia, put them both in the Perfect World International\element\data folder, restarted the patcher, and it zipped by like lightning! xD

I pressed start, logged in, got to the character creation screen and then jumped out and rushed back here so as not to leave you guys in the dark. I don't know if the admins will like if I host those two files on filefront or someplace and let you guys have at them, but since they're not doing it themselves, I don't see why I can't.

If you get confused, read the directions.txt. That's what I wrote to help you, you can delete that when you're done. ^^;

http://files.filefront.com/hopethishelpszip/;11555786;/fileinfo.html

This -may- not work for you. I'm -really- sorry if it doesn't, but it worked for me. All I can say is, its worth a shot. It's not official, but like I said, if the admin won't put up the files for you, I figured I would. If your patch stops at places other than elements.data or tasks.data then PM me and I'll try and get you a copy of those. But once I had those two files, everything else zipped by in blur of completion.
  • lamboo
    edited August 2008
    kithy wrote: »
    OKAY! Guys, I'm back. I got elements.data and tasks.data from my friend in Virginia, put them both in the Perfect World International\element\data folder, restarted the patcher, and it zipped by like lightning! xD

I pressed start, logged in, got to the character creation screen and then jumped out and rushed back here so as not to leave you guys in the dark. I don't know if the admins will like if I host those two files on filefront or someplace and let you guys have at them, but since they're not doing it themselves, I don't see why I can't.

If you get confused, read the directions.txt. That's what I wrote to help you, you can delete that when you're done. ^^;

This -may- not work for you. I'm -really- sorry if it doesn't, but it worked for me. All I can say is, its worth a shot. It's not official, but like I said, if the admin won't put up the files for you, I figured I would. If your patch stops at places other than elements.data or tasks.data then PM me and I'll try and get you a copy of those. But once I had those two files, everything else zipped by in blur of completion.

nop dind`nt worrked by me patching is still stuck att Buff_str.txt annywyz ty for ya effort m8 =) i hope it will work by other players
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    kithy wrote: »

Oh my god, I love you! It worked like a dream. Thanks so much for hosting those files! <3
  • silkark828
    silkark828 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    wow.. I try to download that files, and it show up... HTTP/.........Access Forbidden. Anyone got this error too?
  • sefomi1
    sefomi1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Oh my god, I love you! It worked like a dream. Thanks so much for hosting those files! <3

Ditto!!!:D
  • callandor
    callandor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    OMG OMG IT WORKED!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH :D:D:D See you in game!!!
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    No luck for me here
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    silkark828 wrote: »
    wow.. I try to download that files, and it show up... HTTP/.........Access Forbidden. Anyone got this error too?

Perhaps FileFront is blocked for you. Happens for some people...

I'll mirror it on MediaFire.

Nice work btw, kithy. :) If only we could figure out which file buff_str.txt is associated with. =\

MediaFire link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ilwnmzdzpfy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    can someone post the gshop data and any other after that? I reinstalled the game before I found out someone posted the element data and had to start over again T_T
  • taste
    taste Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yeah this is great for people stuck on either elements.data or tasks.data

But I've been stuck on buff_str.txt since the game came out! No luck getting any further at anytime.

For people who have gotten it to work... try searching in your game folder for buff_str.txt and see if you can find where it is, then you can just host that file!
  • zorin
    zorin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    While monitoring the patcher.exe process i noticed there were some errors on a file it could not find called "C:\windows\system32\c_936.nls".

I fixed the problem by downloading the following codepage files from Microsoft:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/winceplatformbuilder/patch/1.0/wce/en-us/codepage.exe

Run that and extract the files, inside there's a file called "CHINAS.ZIP", extract that one and run the .BAT file inside it.

Now my patcher didn't hang on buff_str.txt and continued patching.

Hope this helps you lot!
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Good work, Zorin! I hope it helps too. ^_^

If not, I think I have another way to get past buff_str.txt... but I'll wait and see if your method works for everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lamboo
    edited August 2008
    zorin wrote: »
    While monitoring the patcher.exe process i noticed there were some errors on a file it could not find called "C:\windows\system32\c_936.nls".

I fixed the problem by downloading the following codepage files from Microsoft:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/winceplatformbuilder/patch/1.0/wce/en-us/codepage.exe

Run that and extract the files, inside there's a file called "CHINAS.ZIP", extract that one and run the .BAT file inside it.

Now my patcher didn't hang on buff_str.txt and continued patching.

Hope this helps you lot!

nope di`dn`t helped me out =( plz ryuukzaki can you post youre sugestion ???? i reale want to play now most of the others can do it =(
  • cherrypopper
    cherrypopper Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    does any1 have any suggestions for the patch not working at all?!?! because when ever i start the patch client it just says "Update server connections fails Please try other update server" and i cant even use the verify button either... and i have also fixed my firewall option to make the game an exception aswell it still doesnt work..:(
This discussion has been closed.