Update server problems

Comments

• bzalthek
    bzalthek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Thank you for posting the element and tasks data files. I am finished patching now.
  • kithy
    kithy Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'll try and find where buff_str.txt is. And omg I've been congradulated by a mod. xD *major happiness*

I decided I'd log into the game and play for a while with a friend, but Skype freaked out after half an hour so I decided to come back here. The game is awesome, and totally worth it. I'm glad I've helped so many people! xD

Edit: I can't find buff_str.txt. But like I said, I'm glad to have helped those I could. *bows* The rest is up to the admin, I guess.
  • nasuki
    nasuki Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    This gave me the blue screen of death, and made my computer restart every time I go to the character selection screen. ; 3;
    ~Whip pic don't work D:~
    Every MMO needs to have the weapon "Whip." [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lamboo wrote: »
    nope di`dn`t helped me out =( plz ryuukzaki can you post youre sugestion ???? i reale want to play now most of the others can do it =(

Shoot, well OK.
    I believe some of the files like buff_str.txt are contained within configs.pck, so I've zipped it up and uploaded it here: http://files.filefront.com/configszip/;11556465;/fileinfo.html

Download, unzip... put it in your \Perfect World International\element\ folder (the folder where the elementclient.exe program is)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    nasuki wrote: »
    This gave me the blue screen of death, and made my computer restart every time I go to the character selection screen. ; 3;

Eeek, well that's no good.... did you try Zorin's possible fix?
    zorin wrote: »
    While monitoring the patcher.exe process i noticed there were some errors on a file it could not find called "C:\windows\system32\c_936.nls".

I fixed the problem by downloading the following codepage files from Microsoft:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/winceplatformbuilder/patch/1.0/wce/en-us/codepage.exe

Run that and extract the files, inside there's a file called "CHINAS.ZIP", extract that one and run the .BAT file inside it.

Now my patcher didn't hang on buff_str.txt and continued patching.

Hope this helps you lot!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kithy
    kithy Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    callandor wrote: »
    OMG OMG IT WORKED!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH :D:D:D See you in game!!!

'kay. My character is Kithy, and its a fox/venomancer thing. Again, I'm happy to help a good portion of you.

I wish the rest of you lots of patience, as it is well worth it!
  • lamboo
    lamboo Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    it still doesn`t work ... well annyways tyvm for your help i guess i be sticking around tha forums for a bit longer ^-^;
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    kithy wrote: »
    'kay. My character is Kithy, and its a fox/venomancer thing. Again, I'm happy to help a good portion of you.

And which server are you playing on? ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    it still doesn`t work ... well annyways tyvm for your help i guess i be sticking around tha forums for a bit longer ^-^;

Which file is yours getting stuck on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lamboo
    edited August 2008
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    Which file is yours getting stuck on?

it`s gettinmg stuck att Buff_str.txt
  • lamboo
    edited August 2008
    btw i re-installed the game like 4 times now and i have no firewall so thats also not it and i realy do`nt think that the modum here has somthing 2 do with it either ..
    also all my palls from here ( neaterlands) can play it without a truble ..
  • lamboo
    edited August 2008
    Ohohoh !! when i hit verfy it getting stuck at console_cnd.txt meybe that has somthing 2 do with it ?
  • kudaaj330
    kudaaj330 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    K well its as easy as ABC, mine was doing the same thing as all of you guys today and i fixed it in an instant.
    heres how you do it in a simple 3 step method

1. Disconnect your NEW Telus modem
    2. Connect your OLDER (last modem} in replacing your NEW one
    3. Enjoy watching the D/l Complete.

i ordered a dsl modem from telus and got a router type modem, which has a constant non-accessable firewall on it. so tons of games will not complete d/ling for this reason.
    try out ur old modems pplz.
    oh and i should mention, my "old" modem is a D-link DSL-300G ADSL
    DL pplz
  • nasuki
    edited August 2008
    Mine is getting stuck at the element and tasks. I can't get one without the other so I don't know which ones I can use, and the buff one isn't a problem for me.
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    nasuki wrote: »
    Mine is getting stuck at the element and tasks. I can't get one without the other so I don't know which ones I can use, and the buff one isn't a problem for me.

Use the file that kithy made? http://files.filefront.com/hopethishelpszip/;11555786;/fileinfo.html

It has both of those files in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    So basically we still have no fix except for a manual patch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magoo
    magoo Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    fr8train wrote: »
    I have been trying to upate this game since the 18th.. no go, have tried all suggestions. always thesame file that it just cannot get past... Tasks.data. I have wasted so much time and bandwidth in repeat downloads... Please, is someone really working on this???

Your problem could be fixed by the deleting the tasks.data file in the Perfect World Folder.
    Not sure but it cant hurt to try if you havent already. If you have and it still failed then disregard this message. ^_^
    Ohohoh !! when i hit verfy it getting stuck at console_cnd.txt meybe that has somthing 2 do with it ?

I think thats the first part it tries to download when you go the verify route , just like buff_str is when
    you go the update route.

Im gonna try install on our other router as this seems like a decent explanation.
    Will update you guys later.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nasuki
    edited August 2008
    Use the file that kithy made? http://files.filefront.com/hopethishelpszip/;11555786;/fileinfo.html

Those are what give me the blue screen of death and make the computer restart.
  • avengedsoul
    avengedsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008

Thanks a bunch it works perfectly the first time!! I <3 you right at the moment lol:D:D:D
  • dothacker
    dothacker Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2008

I'm Ikarus, if anyone wants/knows how to look me up. See you all there soon, hopefully!
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm hoping they will still work on this problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marble
    marble Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    yeah, it's great that some ppl were able to get in. But I have buff_str problem and the fonts didn't help.
  • taste
    taste Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hey the files configs.zip didn't work for me, but the CHINAS pack did!!!

I think zorin's explanation was missing something, it confused me anyway... after you unzip the codepage.exe to whatever folder you choose... double click on the "CHINAS.ZIP"

THEN extract all the files contained in CHINAS.ZIP to C:\Windows\System32

THEN run the CHINAS.bat file while it's in System32.

That worked for me... although I was hung up on buff_str.txt the whole time... soooo yeah... I'm going to play! Hope This helps.
  • sachertortecake
    sachertortecake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I tired everything so far from downloading "hopethishelps.zip" to "configs.zip" and it got me to precinct.clt. Anyone know how to get past this?
  • dai
    dai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    My patcher always got stuck at buff_str.txt, but it's solved now :)! I don't know which solved my patching problem, but all I did was follow these 2 posts, and then successfully patched and logged in-game :D. Many thanks!!

Here is what I followed -
    OKAY! Guys, I'm back. I got elements.data and tasks.data from my friend in Virginia, put them both in the Perfect World International\element\data folder, restarted the patcher, and it zipped by like lightning! xD

I pressed start, logged in, got to the character creation screen and then jumped out and rushed back here so as not to leave you guys in the dark. I don't know if the admins will like if I host those two files on filefront or someplace and let you guys have at them, but since they're not doing it themselves, I don't see why I can't.

If you get confused, read the directions.txt. That's what I wrote to help you, you can delete that when you're done. ^^;

http://files.filefront.com/hopethishelpszip/;11555786;/fileinfo.html

This -may- not work for you. I'm -really- sorry if it doesn't, but it worked for me. All I can say is, its worth a shot. It's not official, but like I said, if the admin won't put up the files for you, I figured I would. If your patch stops at places other than elements.data or tasks.data then PM me and I'll try and get you a copy of those. But once I had those two files, everything else zipped by in blur of completion.
    zorin wrote: »
    While monitoring the patcher.exe process i noticed there were some errors on a file it could not find called "C:\windows\system32\c_936.nls".

I fixed the problem by downloading the following codepage files from Microsoft:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/winceplatformbuilder/patch/1.0/wce/en-us/codepage.exe

Run that and extract the files, inside there's a file called "CHINAS.ZIP", extract that one and run the .BAT file inside it.

Now my patcher didn't hang on buff_str.txt and continued patching.

Hope this helps you lot!
  • magoo
    magoo Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Shoot, well OK.
    I believe some of the files like buff_str.txt are contained within configs.pck, so I've zipped it up and uploaded it here: http://files.filefront.com/configszip/;11556465;/fileinfo.html

Download, unzip... put it in your \Perfect World International\element\ folder (the folder where the elementclient.exe program is)

Ryu could you upload this zip to megaupload or another host other than filefront or mediafire. And also the Hope this helps file. Mediafire always gets stuck at 99.9% for me.

Thx muchly ppl.

Edit:// congratz dai , i shall try this method also once i get the files and confirm.
    Thanks in advance for everyones help.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    Here is the megaupload link for the configs.zip
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6JL381V2
  • nasuki
    edited August 2008
    Okay, I've just spent the better half of 12 and a half hours trying to get this game to work on this computer, I put EVERYTHING from my Vista computer onto 5 disks and put it onto this computer and it got me from the blue screen of death to frozen screen and I can actually see my character. So I've deleted everything from PW : I and I'm downloading it again, which is going to take 4 hours and 45 minutes. So if it works in the patch I'll have spent 17 hours and around 30 - 40 minutes. X_X This is killing me
  • marble
    marble Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    taste wrote: »
    Hey the files configs.zip didn't work for me, but the CHINAS pack did!!!

I think zorin's explanation was missing something, it confused me anyway... after you unzip the codepage.exe to whatever folder you choose... double click on the "CHINAS.ZIP"

THEN extract all the files contained in CHINAS.ZIP to C:\Windows\System32

THEN run the CHINAS.bat file while it's in System32.

That worked for me... although I was hung up on buff_str.txt the whole time... soooo yeah... I'm going to play! Hope This helps.

HOLY COW! It works. Thx much!
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    I don't know what did it but somehow I'm all patched up and ready to go! Thanks for all the help everyone! See you all in game ^_^
This discussion has been closed.