Update server problems

Comments

• geko
    geko Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    baenganftw wrote: »
    I've got the same problem, i can't even begin to update...

"Update server connection fails, Please try another update server"

This happens when i try to verify, and yes i've chosen "Patch" As update server.

This happened to me too. I think its saying this because the engineers are working on it, but I'm not sure.
  • dothacker
    dothacker Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm glad to see most of us who were working on the elements.data problem finally got in! Gratz to you all! :D As for everyone else (especially if you haven't read all 42 pages of this thread... >.>) Please look to pages 35-39 for some useful info and link scattered around there, including some manual patches if you want to look into them. Good luck to all of you, especially the Mods and Admins, along with the tech teams! Thank you, GMs!
  • bael
    bael Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    tried all that no luck update is stuffed i'll wait if not i'll uninstall return to Rohan :/ so much for PW I
    give it some time first tho
    Crown the Wise, Harness the Talented, and Cherish the Lucky......
    The Dragon Lofwyr.
  • nubbie
    nubbie Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    I just logged into my home PC and tested it with the same results. Unfortunately, none of my contacts are online yet. I'm sure the bulk of the staff will be in the office shortly though, and they'll sort it out.

Or maybe they are already working on it, and that's why it's offline....

http://pwipatch.perfectworld.com/patch/ seems to be working fine, and is accessible. Strange.

Would've thought it could be a good way to actually download these files manually and shove them in their respective folders to fix update problem but... element folder redirects you to a page that says '403 Forbidden', was worth a shot now lingering here on my PC and still haven't tested the game 3 days after CB =_="
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dothacker
    dothacker Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    nubbie wrote: »
    Would've thought it could be a good way to actually download these files manually and shove them in their respective folders to fix update problem but... element folder redirects you to a page that says '403 Forbidden', was worth a shot now lingering here on my PC and still haven't tested the game 3 days after CB =_="

Try the link on page 35, by Kithy, I think.
  • nubbie
    edited August 2008
    Well just tried that post by Kithy i ended up having the exact same files as him/her and still no progess ok now gonna test out by dling the files in the actual patch server... good luck to me :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bael
    bael Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    dothacker wrote: »
    Try the link on page 35, by Kithy, I think.
    tried that still nothing i cant dl the whole not 1 file so 2 files aren't enough...
    need a whole manual patch not stuck on files cant dl any
    UPDATE SERVER CONNECTION FAILS, PLEASE TRY OTHER UPDATE SERVER
    Crown the Wise, Harness the Talented, and Cherish the Lucky......
    The Dragon Lofwyr.
  • nubbie
    edited August 2008
    You know its either the patcher or the game launcher... if you press 'Start' button in launcher and wait for awhile the launcher disappears and your like wtf?... if you check inside your taskmanager in Processes tab, an Image Name called elementclient.exe is running and using alot of memory. In theory the game is running but not showing a tab of its window linking to it... i experienced a problem like this before with Steam(Counter-Strike: Source) ended up fixing after a few patches...
    *prays PATCH SERVER BE UP SOON PLEAAAAAAASSSSEEE~...*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shawndibble
    shawndibble Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    bael wrote: »
    tried that still nothing i cant dl the whole not 1 file so 2 files aren't enough...
    need a whole manual patch not stuck on files cant dl any
    UPDATE SERVER CONNECTION FAILS, PLEASE TRY OTHER UPDATE SERVER

I am having the exact same problem. I went through all the manual downloads on pages 34-39. But I can't even get a start downloading. Can't download a thing. Can someone who is able to connect upload their folders?
  • baenganftw
    baenganftw Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It's working for me right now, i didnt have to do anything. Just tried it now.
  • roadrunner
    roadrunner Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    yup, started working couple mins ago.. i just patched ok
  • diz
    diz Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Ok so I've loaded PW on 4 computers sucessfully with not much problem, 3 Vista and 1 XP.

When I try to update and patch at this computer at work, XP, all I get is server update error and it freezes on elements.data., I have made sure all the files were verified each time I tried to install.

I have tried unistalling and reinstalling, I have disabled my firewall completely while trying to do all this, I have tried deleting the elements.data file and updating after that, all to no avail.

I'm ready to give up! Any suggestions will be appreciated!
  • sachertortecake
    sachertortecake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    If your having problems with element.data just look at page 35-39. There should be a link to download those file. That's what helped a lot of us here. I think the file is named hopethishelps.zip.
  • sachertortecake
    sachertortecake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    kithy wrote: »
    OKAY! Guys, I'm back. I got elements.data and tasks.data from my friend in Virginia, put them both in the Perfect World International\element\data folder, restarted the patcher, and it zipped by like lightning! xD

I pressed start, logged in, got to the character creation screen and then jumped out and rushed back here so as not to leave you guys in the dark. I don't know if the admins will like if I host those two files on filefront or someplace and let you guys have at them, but since they're not doing it themselves, I don't see why I can't.

If you get confused, read the directions.txt. That's what I wrote to help you, you can delete that when you're done. ^^;

http://files.filefront.com/hopethishelpszip/;11555786;/fileinfo.html

This -may- not work for you. I'm -really- sorry if it doesn't, but it worked for me. All I can say is, its worth a shot. It's not official, but like I said, if the admin won't put up the files for you, I figured I would. If your patch stops at places other than elements.data or tasks.data then PM me and I'll try and get you a copy of those. But once I had those two files, everything else zipped by in blur of completion.

This is it for those of you who are too lazy to look for it.
  • kithy
    kithy Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    And which server are you playing on? ;)

Sorry, I forgot that last little detail. I'm Kithy on Lost City(PVP).

And as for those still having problems, I know this thread is HUGE, so I'm going to refer you back to what I said on page 35 that helped a good handful of people. Ryuu even said I was awesome. =3
    kithy wrote: »
    OKAY! Guys, I'm back. I got elements.data and tasks.data from my friend in Virginia, put them both in the Perfect World International\element\data folder, restarted the patcher, and it zipped by like lightning! xD

I pressed start, logged in, got to the character creation screen and then jumped out and rushed back here so as not to leave you guys in the dark. I don't know if the admins will like if I host those two files on filefront or someplace and let you guys have at them, but since they're not doing it themselves, I don't see why I can't.

If you get confused, read the directions.txt. That's what I wrote to help you, you can delete that when you're done. ^^;

http://files.filefront.com/hopethishelpszip/;11555786;/fileinfo.html

This -may- not work for you. I'm -really- sorry if it doesn't, but it worked for me. All I can say is, its worth a shot. It's not official, but like I said, if the admin won't put up the files for you, I figured I would. If your patch stops at places other than elements.data or tasks.data then PM me and I'll try and get you a copy of those. But once I had those two files, everything else zipped by in blur of completion.

I really hope that helps some people. If it doesn't, just keep your faith up in the technical team. It's well worth it.
    ninja wrote: »
    Thx kithy and zorin, as always, the publishers support sux and players gotta find solutions on their own, wonder where the **** these companies get these fktrds.

....you're welcome, but like Darth said:
    For one, your attitude is not conducive to being a productive player ;) Why the name calling? Game development is a very technical field, and with the PC platform, will always have headaches.

I'm just a normal player/beta tester. xD

I got some skillz (which mostly consist of common sense). I'm not part of their tech team, and definitely don't think I'm as capable as the are. They're looking for a more permanent fix, I just supplied a temporary one. Even if I was asked to be part of the awesome team of admins, mods, tech, and GMs they got goin' - I'd have to refuse. It's time consuming and I'm awfully lazy. Just HAVE FAITH in them.

Sorry for the mini-rant, hope I helped more people, sorry if I page stretched a tad, etc. xD;

I'll be in game,
    ~Kithy
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    We appreciate our community members very much, especially with helping out others.

The end goal for all of us is to get everyone in to play the game.

There a LOT of people playing the game, and only so many of us. Soooooo many PC configs, so little time.

Other game communities could only wish they were as nice and helpful as you all are!

Just a thanks to you all, and we are reading and checking things out that you all put here. We just can't always respond back in a timely way.:D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • tyddraig
    tyddraig Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Sadly the help that has been offered isn't helping me :(

I can get passed the element and task data fine....

but cant get passed createinfo1.stf :(
  • nasuki
    nasuki Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I know that Kithy got her friend to upload the elements and Tasks but I'm back to square one and those two files are giving me the blue screen and making my computer restart itself. I was wondering if anyone else could upload these for me. I've been from blue screen to frozen screen to can't update to font error back to bluescreen. I tried what I saw (Move both the element and task from the folder.) and that didn't make any difference in my update. So its either I need different Element and tasks files or I can't play.

I know this is beta but trying to fix this has been ALL I've been doing the past two days j 3j
    Much love if you can do that for me. <3<3<3<3<3
    ~Whip pic don't work D:~
    Every MMO needs to have the weapon "Whip." [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • geko
    geko Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    All of you who can's seem to patch just need to follow the instructions on the "Server Connection Failed? Can't log in? Can't patch?" thread by ryuuzaki. It works!!
  • steb
    steb Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    wooow this is the only option that worked right....thanks for your post :D
  • finkster
    finkster Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    installed the game, made sure to verify all files integrity before install of course. installed just fine, updated and everything. looked to be going alright, then when i click 'Start' i get this:

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5168/untitledup2.jpg

i dont know if downloading from Filefront.com has anything to do with it, im sure it doesn't. i've tried the going to game folder and removing the element.data and tasks.data, still doesn't work. tried w/out removing still get the same message, tried with removing element, put element back and tried it removing tasks, still nothing. i added PW to my security exceptions list. i make sure to right click the icon for the game and click 'Run As Admin' and still i get the same message... im running on Vista btw, idk if that has anything to do with it either. oh and i made sure to click verify from the update client as well, EVERYTHING checks out ok! and still nothing! has anyone else gotten a message like this? or can help me in some way? if the servers are down and thats why im getting this message ill gladly wait, but this is really pissing me off. thnx in advance
  • synamyhn
    synamyhn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I am getting stuck halfway through updating the precinct.clt file :/ I have tried restarting the patcher and everything. Any ideas?
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    finkster wrote: »

Weird. That message looks like it would be in Chinese if you had East Asian language pack installed. If you had East Asian language pack installed (Control Panel->Regions/Languages->EastAsianLanguage or Display Chinese), then those who can read Chinese would be able to read the message if you were to take a screenshot then.
    It's strange, because I think they would have translated all the runtime error messages into English. Hopefully, you don't have an error. Errors can also get by CRC by the way, though rarely. If it were an error,... well it's a huge download. Is it getting through to the patcher at least?

synamyhn wrote: »
    I am getting stuck halfway through updating the precinct.clt file :/ I have tried restarting the patcher and everything. Any ideas?

Have you tried deleting precinct.clt file and then trying to patch again?

From ryuuzaki:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=12951
  • seneca
    seneca Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    so can someone please let me know...

Has the patcher hanging on buff_str.txt had a working fix found yet?

I have tried other solutions but it still has not worked
  • iyakov
    iyakov Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    synamyhn wrote: »

Have the same problem.Try restart more times. and try to find and delete file you need (there're a lot of precinct.clt files)
    [../element/maps/world/ precinct.clt]
  • magoo
    magoo Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    seneca wrote: »
    so can someone please let me know...

Has the patcher hanging on buff_str.txt had a working fix found yet?

I have tried other solutions but it still has not worked

I think ryuuzaki may have put it in his cant log in thread , i havent checked yet.
    But about page 35 - 39 of this thread you will find a link to a thing called codepage.exe
    download , extract and then run chinas.bat from the chinas file.
    Thats what solved the problem for me.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • finkster
    finkster Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    made this thread a lil while ago, i confirmed it not just on my comp, but 6 diff ones

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=23291
  • eniac
    eniac Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Adding my voice to the many who are having problems. My patcher gets stuck on the elements file like other folks'. I got the client using the direct downloader from the perfectworld.com site itself. I'm running Windows XP, tried turning off Windows Firewall altogether (since I'm protected by a router), and made sure my router had port 29000 UDP and TCP forwarded to the right computer. Nothing helped. This is on a separate computer from one on the same household network that I use to play the Malaysian English version. (I didn't install PWI on the same computer as PW MY because I don't want there to be some sort of configuration clash having two versions on the same computer.)

I gather that the PWI patcher or server is just plain broken. I hope they get it fixed soon!
  • magoo
    magoo Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    eniac wrote: »
    Adding my voice to the many who are having problems. My patcher gets stuck on the elements file like other folks'. I got the client using the direct downloader from the perfectworld.com site itself. I'm running Windows XP, tried turning off Windows Firewall altogether (since I'm protected by a router), and made sure my router had port 29000 UDP and TCP forwarded to the right computer. Nothing helped. This is on a separate computer from one on the same household network that I use to play the Malaysian English version. (I didn't install PWI on the same computer as PW MY because I don't want there to be some sort of configuration clash having two versions on the same computer.)

I gather that the PWI patcher or server is just plain broken. I hope they get it fixed soon!

About page 35-39 is a file called hopethishelps.zip download that one and then follow the instructions provided in the text file.

That should help with your issue.
    Hope it works.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eniac
    eniac Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    magoo wrote: »
    About page 35-39 is a file called hopethishelps.zip download that one and then follow the instructions provided in the text file.

That should help with your issue.
    Hope it works.

Found it on page 35, and it worked! I can play! Thanks so much to kithy for supplying the file, and to magoo for telling me about it. Seeing players helping each other like this gives me great hope for the PWI community.

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.