OLD "Report a Bug" Thread -Being closed in a few days.

Options

Comments

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Not really a bug, but despite playing in MY-EN, I was confused by the menu of the Pet Master. There's a 'Pet Skills' menu option that I assumed was where I would learn my vm's skills to be used on pets, but it's for teaching skills to the pet. The menu it opens is identical to the one to get your vm's skills, but it's empty. It wasn't obvious that I'd made that mistake until I hit the 'skill tree >>'. The vm's pet skills (taming, healing, reviving) were under 'Tame Pet' which I thought was help information on taming. In MY-EN, it's 'Pet Taming Skills' and 'Learn Pet Skills', which I thought was easier to figure out, though perhaps it should be 'Teach Pet Skills' or 'Train Pet'.

Also I was wondering if you could increase the character limit in names and chat. I wanted to use my tag, Twinkletoes, but that doesn't fit as a character name. And I frequently have to type long sentences in two separate chat lines. That's especially irritating in world chat, since no one wants to pay for two trumpets to finish a sentence.

Other than that, besides better translations, and sometimes wildly different names on everything, it was an easy transition from MY-EN.

Thanks,
    --TT
  • kasumi17
    kasumi17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    If i can't find it soon i will exit out an go back to Malaysia an top up an carry on there so where can i buy some an

Problem 1 .It seen some lag about
    Where in the USA is it base then ...
  • grim05
    grim05 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    dont know if said ,but the skill interrupt thing is relly bad, in combo skills and regular hit. monter seems never got skill interrupt:). spe. if i EP and got low HP its not good at all:(
  • nyissa
    nyissa Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The scands doesn't work in chat. Could you please add scands to the game? So that we scandinavians could write in the chat in our own language?
  • gird3r
    gird3r Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hmm lets list everything I'm annoyed at so far:

*Buggy when you jump up against something sliding (For example the ship yard at plume lake) the avatar gets stuck in one animation and you can slide against the surface, not disturbing but pretty lame.

*Collisions for the map is awful, many many places you float above the ground (around 2-3 cm on the screen) or even more. Places I found that this accours on: Ship yard, many of nthe houses ingame and radom spots in the world at hunting grounds.

*When you do the first quest for the Shipyard owner, the quest tell you the west bank, don't really understand this as when you stand in the city it points you to south. Confusing.

*Pictures in the help guide are on chinese or whatever wierd language it's on.

*When shooting with ranged weapon into air at something the monsters almost instantly heal unless i constantly shoot at them, wich means no time to use skills, the same also happens sometimes while in air and fighting and standing on shore and shooting monsters in water, also standing on a rock and shooting at a monster makes this bug occour. Very annyoing bug.

*Most Cactapods runs away after shoting/hitting. I dunno if this was implented by default but I hate monsters who runs away like a *****. That's one of the most annoying things I can think off when hunting.

*Why do I as a Winged elf can use claws, swords etc, Okay the double swords is a must but the claws.. dosen't they belong to Blademaster? Seems as soem classes can use weapons they are not meant to use, or what? I don't see any Class reqruiment. :confused:

Can't think of anymore at the moment :)

Squad system is ****ed

*Can't choose the button that sets Free amonf the distrubution of items.
    *Radom distrubution makes me getting near everything that the othe rparty members picks up (me as a leader)
    *No custom slogan, sucks hard.

Last thing: Gm calling.

Only got "I wanna report a botter", what i I want help with something else :(

Oh btw editing your own posts on forum is near impossible, extremly annoying and buggy, very often you got page not found or errors, clicking advanced makes invalid thread.. >:(
  • lungwang
    lungwang Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I do not know if this has been said before, I read half the thread and searched it without finding anything....

Anyway, The monsters' window is too big!
    I didn't have this issue in PW.my, but I don't think it's a problem of resolution and I can't get it smaller. It is often hidden by the player one and I can't see the mobs' life. A minor problem, I know, yet extremely annoying.

And, yes, "element powder" and "element dust" have the same name, the latter one, and too many NPCs are called Mo...

Everything else is Perfect kind of...
  • thelastninja
    thelastninja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The main problem that i ve encountered is about the keyboard layout. Many Euro players doesn't use a QWERTY keyboard. In my country (France) we use an AZERTY keyboard. Wich means that the WASD layout that works fine on QWERTTY keyboards is totally unsuited for an AZERTY keyboard.

The second issue is about latency. I have a ping score around 150-200 on PW EU. It is twice less than on PW MY. But in game it's like if i had more latency than on PW MY... I don't know why.

The third thing that would be fine would be to add something to display your FPS score. It would help to set the best GFX configuration for your computer.
  • lain
    lain Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    gird3r wrote: »
    *When shooting with ranged weapon into air at something the monsters almost instantly heal unless i constantly shoot at them, wich means no time to use skills, the same also happens sometimes while in air and fighting and standing on shore and shooting monsters in water, also standing on a rock and shooting at a monster makes this bug occour. Very annyoing bug.

I'm pretty sure that's intentional, not a bug. While it's very unrealistic, yeah.. It would allow people to fight monsters beyond their capabilities. Give me a mana hierogram and point me towards the high level mobs that aren't ranged! Wee! See what I mean? heh..

Anyways, not sure if the following are bugs or not, but other things that I've found screwy about the game or just didn't like:

Why are the chat smilies so ridiculously huge? They're like twice the size of my name by default and lowering the font size in the chat settings doesn't make them any smaller either. In the text window for typing, inserting a smilie in there, it's a reduced size though. So I'm guessing there's supposed to be some sort of scaling going on that isn't happening in the chat window.

Auction House - Search by ID?? Why would we wanna do that? That'll only lead to people spamming 'WTS Cheap Whatever ID 12345 in AH!!' which would be very annoying and kinda defeat the point of even having an auction house, except that you wouldn't have to be next to eachother to sell. I'd definitely prefer having a Search by NAME, then we can type 'Bow' or 'Bison', etc which would be much more useful.

Also with the Auction House, adjusting the way things are sorted doesn't work. Usually at the top of lists like that, with clickable titles above each column, means clicking it will change the way the list is sorted. From what I can tell, it's set to sort by ID in a descending fashion, again useless. Name, Time Left, Current Bid, and Buy are all clickable, as the text moves like it's a button being clicked, leading me to assume this should be a feature, but it doesn't change the way the list is sorted. I'd say either change the default sorting from ID to Time Left with the soonest ending times being first, or fix the sorting for all of the columns.

This is a problem with character customization that I don't have, but my wife and her brother both do. They can choose different eyeshadows and colors in the pallete on the right, but these changes don't happen on the character model to the left. It works fine for me, so I'm assuming it's some sort of compatibility issue? I've made sure they had the latest version of DirectX and updated drivers for their video cards as well. They meet all of the minimum requirements listed to play too. I tried searching to see if anyone else had this problem and saw one other person mention this as well, but everyone just told them 'pft, I can change my color, it works fine!' lol.. But their computers are up to date, so something's screwy. We also tried altering the numbers in the config files, swapping config files from my computer to theirs, all of the different styles of eye shadow, many different colors, and couldn't get any change to show up on the model at all. I'm out of ideas at this point and just assuming there's some sort of compatibility issue going on under the hood xD

Jumping - First off, are we on the moon or did you steal the physics engine from some sci-fi game? lol.. Anyways, two things I've noticed aside from that - You can double jump? Basically you jump, wait a second or so, while still mid-air, and jump again off of nothing, allowing you to jump even higher than the ridiculous height we could already normally jump to. Not sure if this is intentional or not, but it seems all around screwy to me lol.

The other thing about jumping, is that you can climb some pretty steep slopes with it. For example, in the City of the Plume, the 'tallest tree' referred to in some of the quests? Says we should use our wings to get up there and all, but I didn't have to use mine haha.. I jumped repeatedly straight up the side of that tree to the top! Again, bit screwy and in some games I've seen where this type of jumping behavior can lead to people jumping over mountains, etc obstacles to get to places they shouldn't be able to get to, such as completely skipping from start to finish in a dungeon without fighting a single mob. However, since we can fly in this game, I'm assuming that's not an issue, so whatever xD

One thing I'm somewhat scared of - a huge balance issue.. The Hierograms.. I was rewarded one from a quest and my jaw just dropped. Automatically and instantly heals my health\mana to full whenever they get low? :eek: Seriously?! I looked at the crafting options and didn't see it, is there some kind of book\formula later on that lets us make them? Any other way of obtaining them ingame repeatedly, or just this one time only quest? Then I found it, they're available in the cash shop. This sent a chill up my spine. Are these things going to be exclusively in the cash shop? This item alone would lead to a ridiculous imbalance for cash shop users. It's basically like multiplying the HP of anyone that donates. So the big question - can we obtain these repeatedly ingame, through crafting or drop (common enough of a drop so every player can somewhat easily always have atleast one of them)? If not, I'm going to go ahead and quit now. I'm all for games using the free to play system with a cash shop, but giving someone that huge of an advantage completely imbalances the game and basically forces people to pay if they want any chance of competing with those fortunate people where money isn't an issue.

Basically, here's a scenario.. Player A donates, Player B doesn't. Both have 1000 hp, however Player A has a hierogram.

Player A would effectively have 11,000 hp thanks to the hierogram, while Player B would still only have 1000. Are you kidding me? No one in the development team thought an item like this would be an issue? Or is balance just absolutely not an issue with this game, and it's all about the money? If so, I'd suggest just going P2P, because if these really are only obtainable through the cash shop? People will have to keep buying them to stand any chance in PvP, basically paying a subscription, and the people who can't afford to do that will all eventually quit when they realize anyone that can donate effectively has 10k more more health than they do.

I'm really hoping there's a way to repeatedly find these ingame, I really had high hopes for this game. Whether it be a repeatable quest, crafting, or a decently common drop at higher levels, if an item like this is in cash shop, there should be a way for people to get it ingame repeatedly as well. And I stress repeatedly, one-time quests don't count. Until I get an answer on this I'm slapping a huge IMBA sticker on the cash shop and hoping for a response telling me I'm stupid and that they're a common drop or can be crafted, something..
  • wabbitt
    wabbitt Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Not sure if this is the place to report game bugs, but its where I got sent... so...
    It appears that pet skill books (ie Bash, sand raise etc etc) arnt sold anywhere.
    In PW-MY they used to be sold by the granny in the SE of ADC... its called something different here. The big city in the middle anyway :P

I tried several other pet trainers, but none of them sold the book either.
    Not sure if this is a bug. Maybe there some new way to teach skills im not aware of.
  • sraeo
    sraeo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I noticed a bug as far as squads go. My friend created a squad, and set it to free distribution. But when her computer died and it automatically passed lead to another person, it changed to random distribution. So, since we weren't sure what exactly had happened, we disbanded the party and created another one, also set to free.

In the second squad, the lead was passed to me after a few minutes. When I looked at the squad screen, it seemed like it was set to random distribution on my screen. But on the screens of the other two members of the squad, it looked like it was set to free. So we tested it to see, and the squad is definitely set to free distribution.

I think that it has to do with squad lead switching, but it makes things a bit confusing on our end.
  • jiyuu
    jiyuu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hkid wrote: »
    ok i found out a bug w/ game i was curious and i clicked the button that says Best Performance on top of my HP n MP gauge and my screen went black 2 times and then my computer cursor came on. everytime i try to click so i could move or attack when best performance thing was on the game would keep minimizing and all i could is uses W,A,S,D to move and i couldnt attack.

@Jiyyu i think thats whats you call lag buddy

Well I don't really think it's lag because everything else is fine. Working at perfect speed.
    But it could just be that they put it too long though,
  • animel
    animel Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    here is he only glitch/issues i've seen so far other than the kite and run up walls as well as attacked through walls issues

-falling down a cliff with a slope outward forces you to glitch up and down the wall continuously until you hit the floor and stay there. no paticular location but i tested it mostly on the etherblade gate entrance.
    -when receiving a reward like Celestone and you have no opening for an extra item but already have celestones in your inventory it wont allow you to receive your reward unless you make room for an extra item when that type of item stacks. it happens with any and all stacking items.
  • eonstar
    eonstar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well the bugs that I have noticed so far is that whn you click to move, sometimes you can click on walls or even horizontally in mid air. Another thing is that there are some words that are missing letters or misspelled like lume instead of Plume. Also when hunting mobs, sometimes when you kill it the mob throws one last attack but its already dead, this is a problem for people with low defences:(. Another thing is that when clicking the NCP, although you press shift+left click, sometimes you have to click a few times before it works; this may not necessarely be that bad yet it is very troublesome. And one more thing, I think smilies are too big for the chatbox, matbe you can shrink them to size a bit so they dont spam the screen with their largeness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I give you my love, for all else I have already given away...
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    1. Why does the small text box above the chat window show the chat text? I assume that it is an error.

2. Sometimes the skill interrupts from enemies are @&%#ing ridiculous. I sometimes get 3 or 4 skill interrupts from them. It's incredibly frustrating. I don't want to be forced to kite just to avoid them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • animel
    animel Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    First ones just an error or you might have moved the window that has the chat history in it by accident

as for the interupts it gets harder and harder as you progress thats how it is in all games. No offence but get used to it lol.

eonstar wrote: »
    Well the bugs that I have noticed so far is that whn you click to move, sometimes you can click on walls or even horizontally in mid air. Another thing is that there are some words that are missing letters or misspelled like lume instead of Plume. Also when hunting mobs, sometimes when you kill it the mob throws one last attack but its already dead, this is a problem for people with low defences:(. Another thing is that when clicking the NCP, although you press shift+left click, sometimes you have to click a few times before it works; this may not necessarely be that bad yet it is very troublesome. And one more thing, I think smilies are too big for the chatbox, matbe you can shrink them to size a bit so they dont spam the screen with their largeness.

some of those are your personal point of view like the numberous clicks needed to get an npc when all you need to do is walk up to them wait for the chat bubble to appear over their head and click twice. as well as the one last attack thing...that happens to all of us. and none of us have any real issues with it unless they pull off a cheap move like a move that actually takes time to charge, and when talking about mobs its common to see an extra attack since you are fighting more than one at the same time. Its possible you saw an attack from another creature hit you.

the smileys i think are perfect because it shows how MAD or HAPPY or w/e you are. they aren't really bugs. (maybe can be made smaller but not by much)

When they say bugs they mean like "creatures running through walls, glitching up and down a cliff when you aren't touching the cliff" stuff like that understand?
    as for the mispelling have you thought that that was on purpose?
    and the clicking horizontally isn't an issue if you click in a spot you cant walk to you just will walk up to that spot and run in place its in all games.
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    animel wrote: »
    First ones just an error or you might have moved the window that has the chat history in it by accident

as for the interupts it gets harder and harder as you progress thats how it is in all games. No offence but get used to it lol.
    If you've played CB, then how could you miss that error? Just look at the window above the chat area the next time people chat near you.

I've played PW-MY since its OB began. I'm very familiar with PW's skill interrupts. I have always wanted them to be improved but lost hope in that happening since Cubinet rarely received any updates. Hopefully PWE will improve them... a lot. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kammie
    kammie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    1. There are 2 items named Elemental Dust
    2. Party chat color is really ugly, i think u can change it manually, but it would be nice if u guys could default it to something nicer, more readable than fluorescent green
    3. There is a quest reward item called "Wand of Colors", given from the Lynx Eye Quest from the apothecary in Dreaming Stronghold. The item, a magical wand, has STR and DEX requirements for some reason
    4. In the quest Cold Reaper (Elven race), aka Liang, when u talk to Priest he sometimes mentions Li instead of Liang

Ok so theyre not really bugs, but im more of a guy that looks at these things
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • piegan
    piegan Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    curse filt don't apply to nameing your account (i had a populer image bord name mine and the name "d**ks won. and to my saprise it logged in. so just letting you know =)
  • jacobbs
    jacobbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    soukyuu wrote: »
    ^this is caused by lag

You were addressing the sluggish targeting and the mob's last hit while dying.

I'm playing on the east coast server so I assume that lag would not be an issue (under 150ms).

Occasonally, the interface feels sluggish, in that it will be a while before it changes targets. I have to explicitly click to make sure I have (ie, I have to triple click) switched targets before healing. It doesn't happen so much with the offensive spells as much as it did in the Malaysian.

As for the last mob hit when they're dead, I suspect it has to do with the way the combat system is coded, so there's nothing they can do unless they re-write that part. I know that it happens on occasion still (I find it happens mostly with melee/physical mobs).

Also, a request:

please use the more "standard" party chat symbols.

!Shout
    @Clan
    #Party
    "Name Whisper

or even
    /a
    /p
    /w
  • l3ay
    l3ay Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Apparenltly the breathing gauge doesn't show up when you're swimming under water.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    There is no breathing gauge. You can stay underwater as long as you wish killing monsters, hanging out, questing, whatever.

PW is a fantasy game. ;)
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • jades
    jades Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I was exporing the region with my cleric and came across a sopt that i could not move at all . It was south of White ridge and cords are 335.295. when u get there it comes up as unavailbe and wont let u move into it
  • undeath
    undeath Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lagggggg...very laggggg....also, it would be nice to be able to just exit the game without completely log off and close out Element client...like have an option to go to the character screen or completely exit the application.

Also please use the "Esc" button for exiting or go the character screen.

Thanksssss!!!
  • animefan
    animefan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    PW-MY just released their latest patch, #16 Revenge of the Old Gods. After the patch took, the character information screen got messed up. They changed the abbreviations (such as STR, CON, INT, DEX, and etc...) to full words (such as Constitution, Intelligence, Agility. They changed STR to Power), without increasing the size of the character info window. So now all the words cover your stat numbers. I can't even tell what my intelligence is for my mage anymore, and all of the resistances are overwritten also. Please look into this before you release that patch for PW-IN.
  • woix
    woix Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    when i try to add sum1 in FL it just keeps saying that the ppl dun exist eve tho they do...
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Okay, not much bugs found yet and most have been reported allready.

Using the search quest-button gave way wrong coords to the archosaur npc's or the system just showed them way off on the map, but they were almost all around orchis serene valley or like little daisy-npc who was all the way at the south edge of the map when she really is at BB village. Mr. Yeh who starts the DQ was shown at around same place,far south, just to mention few.

To those who are having the mouse cursor disappearing bug, i fixed it on my comp by updating display drivers and also putting a new win xp on my comp with sp3.
    Didnt need to install asian language pack at all.

Also from the first Call of Duty-dungeon (lol), for some reason i got two bloods from the boss, not just one like supposed to. Next boss gave the normal 1 as supposed to. Didnt check if some player dropped one, noticed it only later that i got two bloods.

first untamed veteran quest says report to elder when getting reward,instead should be untamed veteran since he's the one who gives it..

Sound effects disappear in the call of duty-dungeon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • ath
    ath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Basically, here's a scenario.. Player A donates, Player B doesn't. Both have 1000 hp, however Player A has a hierogram.

Player A would effectively have 11,000 hp thanks to the hierogram, while Player B would still only have 1000. Are you kidding me? No one in the development team thought an item like this would be an issue? Or is balance just absolutely not an issue with this game, and it's all about the money? If so, I'd suggest just going P2P, because if these really are only obtainable through the cash shop? People will have to keep buying them to stand any chance in PvP, basically paying a subscription, and the people who can't afford to do that will all eventually quit when they realize anyone that can donate effectively has 10k more more health than they do.

( I hate using "quote features I always **** up)
    It is 100% optional if people wish to spend real money, to buy these items, yes it gives an advantage over a player that either can't, or refuses, but it's also how PW makes their money. I know people on PW MY that never spend one cent of IRL cash and still have good gear. I do agree that with a certain lvl of pharm we should at least be able to make bronze heirograms. The greedy players that sell item mall items are just unreal and it becomes WAY to $$ to buy.

In PW MY it's very difficult to get a zhen party, for the fact (specially for Eps and DDs) it's too damn exspensive to buy 2 heiros (MP/HP) and we hardly get the drops to be honest. I am lucky if I go 5 rounds (1 round =1 xp scroll = 1hr) to make 500K, let a lone 1.7million people are selling them for, just because of a new patch.

As for Pk, sorry but you don't have to buy straight from the item mall, everything from the Item Mall is player sellable and tradeable, so you can also save up ingame gold and buy it that way. Please don't start whining that others decide to spend their real money to have fun in a game that IS 100% free to play.
  • moretokun
    moretokun Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Im unable to log in the game it says that my version number is too low or something of the sorts, and if i try "Verify" it just ends up crashing when trying to update element.exe some help would be nice since the CB is only a week and id like to try all the classes a bit first
  • steelgator
    steelgator Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I absolutely hate the music.

Its ok for a while but gets old quick.It may have been ok for a malaysian game but for the international/western version it stinks.

Also it would benice to have a bit of a change up when you enter combat a little change of pace music.

The text over characters is about as plain as you can get it would be nice to spice it up a little bit.

The game actually isnt too bad especially for a free to play.
  • hype
    hype Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I remember falling down from a bridge, which is near the first main city for the humans. I fell to the side, and got stuck in one of those steep hills. Couldn't do anything except for wait and teleport myself. Not that important, but it can get quite frustrated if you don't got a teleport left.

btw..: when people say something their message gets stuck on their heads for quite a while. We can't exactly type long messages so there's no need to have the message stuck over our heads for a minute. Could it be possible to reduce this?
This discussion has been closed.