Skill Glyph System in the next expansion

11416181920

Comments

  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    dregenfox wrote: »
    dregenfox wrote: »
    dregenfox wrote: »
    dregenfox wrote: »
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Dark Maelstrom + Churning vortex are cancer but I disagree require no skill. I will say if they made it so the amp % or chance of reel in scales with SF then it would be perhaps more manageable. Atm a g16 storm/dusk who listens can ruin half a squad. With it require certain thresholds like 40k-49k 70-80% (not sure % values for ulti sorry) and 50K+ being 100% for vortex and max for maelstorm atleast only serious players can use it to its fullest extend and reduces its reliability. This doesn't alienate cser or farmer because there's plenty full +12 F2P players

    Dark Maelstrom level 2 description:

    Call upon the power of your reaper heritage to summon a maelstrom of pure darkness around your target for 20 seconds. Every second the Dark Maelstrom will cast Thundersnow on all enemies within 15 meters of the target as well as reducing their Attack Rate by 200% and increasing their Channeling Time by 100%. Also reduces Physical and Magic defense by 80% for enemy players or by 40% for non-player enemies.

    These defense reductions stack with other effects that reduce defense.

    Meanwhile mystic plants takes longer to cast, takes chi, has half the aoe, and makes people take ~5% more damage while nerfing their damage by 1%. Best skill design.

    SB's 2 best skills requires no gear or aim, and have ridiculous spam + utility.

    And still there are people that do not know how to play a stormbringer.

    How do you play Stormbringer in mass pvp? What skill do you use that's more effective than vortex spam?

    Did I said there is a skill more effective than vortex spam?
    Did I said anything about mass pvp?

    The easiest way to play storm in mass pvp is to keep your distance and spam vortex+ other aoe and when its not in cd Dark Maelstrom.

    Exactly. A g16 monkey who only knows how to press movement buttons, IG/AD + vortex and malstrom will be almost as effective as a maxed R999 +12 sb. There's just no reward for maxing out and playing a SB compared to other classes.

    And what reward is for maxing out and playing other classes?

    And still there are people that do not know how to play a stormbringer
    An exemple would be this:
    A while ago in NW I saw storms that were running while chased by enemie, not using any skill while running , then position themself and using a skill that they could have used while running.
    The ability to attack while moving gives storms an huge advantage over other casters but some people refuse to use that and I dont know why?

    There are examples of people not knowing how to play every single class. Don't see how this is significant. As long as the SB spams vortex and malstrom, I don't really care what else he does, the only other thing worth mentioning is their ranged stun which is on par with archers.

    You are right it is not that significant. Just pointing out that even with a class that can be played by a g16 monkey(your words) you can still find people that dont know how to. So I guees they are below monkeys. In conclusion the players are dumb not the class.
    giphy.gif



  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    zentfamily wrote: »
    The easiest way to play storm in mass pvp is to keep your distance and spam vortex+ other aoe and when its not in cd Dark Maelstrom.

    Wow, the fact that you said this proves how much of an unexperienced SB you are. Please don't give opinions on something you don't know.
    And still there are people that do not know how to play a stormbringer

    Ok, I laughed at the irony here. XD You repeat that so much yet you don't look at your own "advice".
    You have no credibility to judge other SB for their playstyle given the amount of wrong you spit into forum.

    #TrainwreckThread

    Oh please, wise one, how do you play a SB in mass pvp? Enlighten us wise one.
    Aren´t you so much buthurt on some comments on a forum?
    giphy.gif



  • elcopete94
    elcopete94 Posts: 56 Arc User
    I barely read any comment about runes in this post .-.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Let's get back on tune topic. Is the new instance for farming this soloable? I ask this because finding squads as North Americans is trifling as it is I would rather not this become another form of UP where we struggle to get squads
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • lookinassniggs
    lookinassniggs Posts: 2 Arc User
    Can I ask do you guys think the Cleric rune changes are good? Like the attack mode side what do you reckon the new playstyle will be?
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Let's get back on tune topic. Is the new instance for farming this soloable? I ask this because finding squads as North Americans is trifling as it is I would rather not this become another form of UP where we struggle to get squads

    Considering China tuned down the difficulty of the instance because it was too hard iirc, I`d say safe bet is that you need a squad for it. And the video I saw was pretty intense, I`d say difficulty wise its somewhere around DUP if not harder.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    saxroll wrote: »
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Let's get back on tune topic. Is the new instance for farming this soloable? I ask this because finding squads as North Americans is trifling as it is I would rather not this become another form of UP where we struggle to get squads

    Considering China tuned down the difficulty of the instance because it was too hard iirc, I`d say safe bet is that you need a squad for it. And the video I saw was pretty intense, I`d say difficulty wise its somewhere around DUP if not harder.

    New instance confirmed


    IGN: Madskillz
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    saxroll wrote: »
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Let's get back on tune topic. Is the new instance for farming this soloable? I ask this because finding squads as North Americans is trifling as it is I would rather not this become another form of UP where we struggle to get squads

    Considering China tuned down the difficulty of the instance because it was too hard iirc, I`d say safe bet is that you need a squad for it. And the video I saw was pretty intense, I`d say difficulty wise its somewhere around DUP if not harder.

    New instance confirmed

    I am sorry but that it is not PWCN.
    giphy.gif



  • mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    Comrade gary made video of Comforting Mist attack
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Probably **** easy to obtain and ridiculously hard to max, highly doubt he'd have the rune 5 maxed.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Let's get back on tune topic. Is the new instance for farming this soloable? I ask this because finding squads as North Americans is trifling as it is I would rather not this become another form of UP where we struggle to get squads

    If they make the runes drop at a decent rate there will be no problem getting squads. Problem with UP is that the drop rate is so low that it's pointless to run unless you need more Mushrooms for your homestead.
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 227 Arc User
    I'm guessing runes will come like the other powerup ugrades came: very slowly at the start, but speeding up as time passes. It was this way with starcharts. We could only get Lv1 upgrades from dailies or CS when they were released, but now obtaining higher level ones from events and Heavenfall is common.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @saxroll considering on DA getting UP as NA is pretty difficult since reset for EST is like 6pm so let's hope you're home on time for when everyone there. To add onto that fact by 8pmish the majority of the EU players are asleep during the week and a massive chunk of Americans either have quit or have gone to logging in doing dailies log off due to not wanting to deal with a inactive player base after 7pm. Not saying it's a ghost town but during ournplayer friendly time it's pretty dead. You're best bet is to have those deskjobs that allow you to play at work or graveyard shift don't think most NA ppl are in these positions hence why I would like info if there's a soloable form of those of us on DA who have to deal with this.

    @capnk for us on DA you're right but time zone definitely affects us aswell on doing UP between low drop rate and a not so friendly timezone for team play for us NA the majority of set squads from what I know are groups of NA and try their best wcing for 2-3hrs for 2-3 DD GW WP for group instance play on DA. The EU players from what I see have no issue wcing and getting ppl to join due to them being on during the most activity
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @saxroll considering on DA getting UP as NA is pretty difficult since reset for EST is like 6pm so let's hope you're home on time for when everyone there. To add onto that fact by 8pmish the majority of the EU players are asleep during the week and a massive chunk of Americans either have quit or have gone to logging in doing dailies log off due to not wanting to deal with a inactive player base after 7pm. Not saying it's a ghost town but during ournplayer friendly time it's pretty dead. You're best bet is to have those deskjobs that allow you to play at work or graveyard shift don't think most NA ppl are in these positions hence why I would like info if there's a soloable form of those of us on DA who have to deal with this.

    @capnk for us on DA you're right but time zone definitely affects us aswell on doing UP between low drop rate and a not so friendly timezone for team play for us NA the majority of set squads from what I know are groups of NA and try their best wcing for 2-3hrs for 2-3 DD GW WP for group instance play on DA. The EU players from what I see have no issue wcing and getting ppl to join due to them being on during the most activity

    The good thing is that next expansion seems to have stopped the tide of endless dailies...I would do UP everyday if I didn't have to spend 2 hours literally just clicking on npc's and flying around in primal.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @dregenfox I would do UP everyday if I could be on when most of the server is. Whenever I'm doing primal dailies on Ti I'll see like 3-4 diff UP squads in wc at the same time never see that on DA during NA active time :/
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    So is it confirmed china has rune update?
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    Chinese have it since November. This guy plays Taiwan server and they got it month ago(11 January). On my chinese server in shops around 300 1lvl runes of each type. 65m for 4lvl (only 1-2 of each type).
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @mars19 well china prices and ours are different I won't trust our community to make them affordable
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    moscador wrote: »

    Rune 1 : Additional 20%/30%/40%/50% of Weapon Damage on Bleed Effect.
    Rune 2 : Additional 60%/90%/120%/150% to the Dark? and Bleed effect. ( i suppose the skill will have % Weapon damage now as well, instead of just basic weapon damage + 2825, i can be wrong.)
    Rune 3 : Upgrade the Chi gain to 25/30/35/40 ( Very nice)
    Rune 4 : This one i couldn't translate .
    Rune 5 : Additional 60/80/100/120% weapon Damage as well 2208/3312/4416/5520 on the skill damage.

    Decided to come back and try to figure out that one you couldn't translate. I think it might mean that it becomes a chi consuming skill and for the amount consumed it deals extra dmg. Only real basis I have for this is the translated text for HF's chi return says "Beam after the return of 50 yuan gas" refering to chi as gas and the effect says that it deals x% of dmg per 100 gas consumed. Can't say for sure that's correct and even if it is that's a really dumb effect unless we can get the kinda chi gain sins have, At least to me it's dumb, you never know it could be really cool.

    Edit: It also sounds like it gains a kind of armageddon effect as well where it gains dmg based on your hp. Seems really weird, can't wait to see. For anyone that wants to give it a go here's the translation I got.

    "Consumption of the current 50% vitality
    Level 1-4: Damage of 100% for every 125% of damage
    5-7 level: each consumption of 100 gas cause 150% damage
    8-9 level: the consumption of 100 per gas cause 175% damage
    Level 10: 200 damage per 100 damage
    Consumption of the current 50% of the vitality, caused by the consumption of 100 per gas
    % Of the damage @ 2 ""
  • asterelle
    asterelle 🦝🧁🐍🎀🔥🤹🥶🌟🌸🧢🏹 Posts: 861 Arc User
    mars19 wrote: »
    Chinese have it since November. This guy plays Taiwan server and they got it month ago(11 January). On my chinese server in shops around 300 1lvl runes of each type. 65m for 4lvl (only 1-2 of each type).
    Hmm according to my calculation here: http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/comment/12735201/#Comment_12735201

    You'd need 400,000 lvl 1 runes to make a lvl 10 or 9000 lvl 4 runes. If level 4 runes are 65m then that makes a lvl 10 rune 400billion coins... $100,000 dollars if cash shopped. You could buy a Tesla Model S for that price...
    ​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @asterelle so it's another g17...... -sigh-
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    I looked at other servers and prices+supply very different. On some servers no runes at all, while on others 1k lvl1 runes for 800-900k and 100+ 4lvl runes for 35-90m. Even found someone who sell 50+ 4lvl all types for 61m each.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Do we really need this runes?
    giphy.gif



  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    These prices ganna be horrendous on our servers...
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Do we really need this runes?

    Err...yes?!

    Some skills are already ok with a level 1 rune..like when the rune gives an effect no matter the level and you only gain a little weapon damage with further levels (like the majority of the archer skills).

    However, those runes also give stats..quite some stats tbh...

    At first I planned to go lvl6-7 for all my chars..but I guess I stick to lvl5 for now...since thats already a few Billion each char xDD holy ****.

    If its farmable tho...then that would be awesome. Finally a way to generate alot of income again. We'll see.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Do you need lvl5 rune once and it applies to all skills or lvl5 per skill? If it's per skill and at 65m per lvl4 it will be likely 2-4x that on our version in which case welp more middle fingers to cash shoppers or Americans on DA I suppose since team based farming is very difficult for us as it is. Really hope lvl4 just going high for no reason..
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Fluffy Fox Posts: 993 Arc User
    You need each rune individually as far as I can tell. So you need to farm 6 lvl5 runes, and then there is the type to take into account depending on what effects you want on your skills, so you might want to get more than just 6 lvl5 runes. If I'm wrong someone else can correct me.

    Does PWCN sell runes in the boutique? I'm sure runes will be made easier to get just like everything else before them, but I assume we'll be running around with low level runes for a while. Do we know what's the average rune level of PWCN players as of now?
    ​​