Skill Glyph System in the next expansion

Comments

• freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    dregenfox wrote: »
    aradya6793 wrote: »
    blazerboy wrote: »
    My greatest concern lies with, 300% wep damage adds or 600% in some cases make a massive diff. I know adding a ton of base damage means a lot but weapon damage? If I recall sparks don't scale so well with weapon damage skills hence when 3rd spark it's nothing compared to sin damage imo.

it changes from class to class
    sparks increase your base damage, so any skill that has base damage multiplier like elimination, cursed jail, blade tempest, absorb soul, gravel blade etch... scales with it and gets the best benefits from a 3spark prior that skill

for weapon damage multipliers you have to see which class you are playing

100% weapon damage equals 1x damage multiplier which equals landing a skill like if you have 100 magic attribute added as an arcane or 150 str\dex more for anyone else

if you consider arcanes lay on 900 magic, a skill adding 900% weapon damage it's a skill that is basically dealing 2x base damage

for anyone else (HAs,LAs) pretty much a skill adding 600% weapon damage it's a skill that is basically dealing 2x base damage

but skills that add weapon damage, the weapon damage part of the skill isn't boosted by a 2-3spark prior to the skill cast,

to give an example you are a wiz with 50k base damage (means your weapon damage is around 5k)
    you have a skill that is 2x base damage (blade tempest)
    you have a skill that is base damage + 800% (frozen flame) (damage is then split in 2hits but that's not the point)

if you 3spark you almost double your base damage let's say you reach 90k, then you land skills:

bt damage = 2x 90k = 180k
    ff damage = 90k + (8x5k) = 130k

that's why elimination is and will be even more epicly broken, because a 3spark basically almost doubles your base damage which is then at least tripled by the skill itself, which means 6 times base damage, then you add the other **** multipliers sin has like subsea cotd wolf emblem and zerkcrits and you see why a 7x base damage elimination is something that shouldn't exist in this goddamn game​​

Well you're correct technically but keep in mind sins also have some of the lowest base attack and weapon damage values in the game due to wielding daggers, as well as nerfed values on cards and star charts. There's no way a sin will reach the insane base damage values that casters can achieve.

The main reason most sins do so much damage is because most are sharded full deity, under perma triple spark status, and have the benefit of zerk weapons.

Just want to add, Sins could also have purge on g17r3 as a side weapon.

Purge on g17 has been checked to have different proc ID than previous purge procs.

Purge usually only proc using some archer skills (skills that have no debuff iirc), for other classes like barb it only works using Regular atk, skills can't trigger it, not sure about BM. Someone tested it and it's quite high proc and op. So they still have an upperhand, use purge at the beginning of a fight and switch once it proc'ed. GG. It won't be hard for sins to stunlock until purge procs

Another QQ for cleric regarding weapon change, UVD prevents weapon change, so wtf. Other classes' form change skills also prevent weapon change but has instant cast and very short delay.

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I do wish Sins in tidal was registered as a transform state so they can't swap wep and blessing. Like if storm/db go atk blessing and wep in reaper form they run risk if CCed they can be easily deleted wish Sins had his drawback too instead of swapping blessing/wep and then easily able to kite b4 tidal off with full def up. It would be pretty fair if treated the same. It's safe to assume other classes like barb veno cleric also must adhere to these limitations aswell it wouldn't be unfair if sins do.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Sins stealth register as a transform state. If their tidal registered this way theyd literally never be able to change gear unless they were unbuffed and unstealthed xD
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @eirghan that would be a problem..because? Clerics have to switch modes as well and chose in advance what they will be needing.

@blazerboy indeed this could fix some issues already..forcing sins to be stuck with gear at least.so if a sin choses his def weap and forgets to switch he would be stuck with low damage. I like that idea. It takes away loads of skill-less gameplay all at once. Yeah, some should be true for stealth as well. no gear change while stealthed. Even better if they would restrict flyer usage in stealth as well.
  • eirghan
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @eirghan that would be a problem..because? Clerics have to switch modes as well and chose in advance what they will be needing.

@blazerboy indeed this could fix some issues already..forcing sins to be stuck with gear at least.so if a sin choses his def weap and forgets to switch he would be stuck with low damage. I like that idea. It takes away loads of skill-less gameplay all at once. Yeah, some should be true for stealth as well. no gear change while stealthed. Even better if they would restrict flyer usage in stealth as well.

Clerics need to choose and so do sins. Clerics can keep most of their buffs while "switching states" and have survival skills in both states (eg heals) but a sin would be required to stand in the middle of battle unbuffed and unstealthed to do so with only 1 survival skill. Lets not forget cleric's cooldown on recasting their UVD is significantly shorter than tidal's cooldown.

I have no idea why you guys think taking away sins tidal completely or nerfing them this much is either a good thing or a good subject to have in every topic on this forum. Keep it to one topic.​​
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Uhm, stealth is not a transform
    The only transform sins have is fishy form..
  • blazerboy
    edited February 2017
    @eirghan I won't speak for joe but I don't seek to see sins so much nerfed but rebalanced. Last update added a extreme update to db atk lowering it quite a bit which as a db myself I don't mind it at all but sin gets to the point it's out of hand when you can find Sins hitting Jsod HA 13k per easily. I'm not even talkin of Nuema Portal too. Registering tidal as a transformed state would not in anyway nerf sins. Reaper is 30 seconds while a 90 second cooldown tidal is 60 seconds while 90 second cooldown. How is this unjust to make it transformed. I put it in this one too to see what people thought not hope it encourages the idea to "nerf" just some ppl read some sections rather than others. Hope that clears it up cheers~
    Post edited by blazerboy on
  • eirghan
    edited January 2017
    Yeah im not gonna argue on these threads anymore. Yall are taking things way too far. Can we keep this thread relevant to the topic pls.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: »
    Yeah imnot gonna argue on these threads anymore. Yall are taking things way too far. Joe in particular.

QQ :(

It only appears this way because there are too many people around that wanna keep their "easy-gg" stuff. If they wouldn't argue and just accept that things that are broken need to be fixed then this thread would have 1 page.
  • eirghan
    @jsxshadow no, if you would keep on topic, there is already a thread for qq nerf sins. This is about skill rune info. A lot of people like myself have this thread favorited to ping me when new relevant info pops up. I dun wanna see more qq every time.

Youre a 1v1 guy and are qqing because sins are a single target focused class. They are strong in 1v1s. They hit hard. Yet in mass pvp they get melted if they have anything less than top of the line gear and even then they can get melted. Sins are not nearly as overpowered as you claim and taking away tidal completely for example would cripple them. Im sick of seeing every thread with this unending qq that cant be debated against because every debate ends in "well i have the most characters and i am the best 1v1er so obviously you must bow down to my superior knowledge in a game balanced for mass pvp"

Sins are strong. Got a nerf suggestion? Oh hey theres a nerf thread already started with these exact points! That would be a cool place to post this.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User

It only appears this way because there are too many people around that wanna keep their "easy-gg" stuff. If they wouldn't argue and just accept that things that are broken need to be fixed then this thread would have 1 page.

You're playing Stormbringer bro, literally easiest and dumbest class in the game...

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »

Stormbringer bro, literally easiest and dumbest class in the game...

What? What? What? What?
    Dumbest class?
    What? What? What? What?

I won´t even argue.
    giphy.gif

• dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User

What? What? What? What?
    Dumbest class?
    What? What? What? What?

I won´t even argue.

Admit it, it's because you have no arguments.

• blazerboy
    Okayyyyy.......... Anyways are there any information as to how long it might take to farm these yet? Are we talking about how Elysium seals were pretty fair or are we face rolling for months like blood passives (before anyone says tourny please don't, most Americans on DA are ommited)
  • bloodedone87

What? What? What? What?
    Dumbest class?
    What? What? What? What?

I won´t even argue.

Admit it, it's because you have no arguments.

Hm, if I think about it, I admit that you are right , I have no arguments.
    I have no arguments cause I dont understand what someone refers to when says that a class is dumbest. What makes a class dumbest?
    giphy.gif

• dingo488
    edited February 2017
    I have no arguments cause I dont understand what someone refers to when says that a class is dumbest. What makes a class dumbest?

It's a class with only 1 skill that does anything (not counting a 5min CD ulti), and using the skill requires no thought or coordination, just spam it on cooldown. The animation does all the work for you, any ally can see it and assist u, with 12 seconds they have plenty of time to. Pretty sure a 5-year old could play Stormbringer in xTW and you wouldnt be able to tell if he's good or not. Unless you compare him to Joe ofcourse, Im sure a 5-year old will be able to stay at a safe distance and wait for melee classes to come to him before trying to knock them back, instead of running straight into the melee classes to knock them back.

I think every other class in the game requires some sort of thought behind the skill usage... who do I purge? who do I AoE? who do I stun? who do I assist? where do I stand? how far do I push in? Are my allies carrying my buff? Who needs to be healed? Stormbringer is just spam vortex on cooldown and you're Gucci. You dont even need to hit anyone with it, you'll still block off half the map with your vortex for the next 12 seconds, so ye... Stormbringers are pretty tumblr_inline_np6qgqgBrU1qm86ju_250.png

• bloodedone87

It's a class with only 1 skill that does anything (not counting a 5min CD ulti), and using the skill requires no thought or coordination, just spam it on cooldown. The animation does all the work for you, any ally can see it and assist u, with 12 seconds they have plenty of time to. Pretty sure a 5-year old could play Stormbringer in xTW and you wouldnt be able to tell if he's good or not. Unless you compare him to Joe ofcourse, Im sure a 5-year old will be able to stay at a safe distance and wait for melee classes to come to him before trying to knock them back, instead of running straight into the melee classes to knock them back.

I think every other class in the game requires some sort of thought behind the skill usage... who do I purge? who do I AoE? who do I stun? who do I assist? where do I stand? how far do I push in? Are my allies carrying my buff? Who needs to be healed? Stormbringer is just spam vortex on cooldown and you're Gucci. You dont even need to hit anyone with it, you'll still block off half the map with your vortex for the next 12 seconds, so ye... Stormbringers are pretty tumblr_inline_np6qgqgBrU1qm86ju_250.png

So you are saying that Stormbringer is an OP class. And that was already known. But still that doesnt make the SB dumb. It is just the luck to have an OP skill as demonstrated in this video https://youtu.be/9DcjDF6tgtw
    The devs just love the new classes.
    Dark Maelstrom+ Churning Vortex + Avatar of the Storm and good luck to anyone caught in that.
    giphy.gif

• blazerboy
    Dark Maelstrom + Churning vortex are cancer but I disagree require no skill. I will say if they made it so the amp % or chance of reel in scales with SF then it would be perhaps more manageable. Atm a g16 storm/dusk who listens can ruin half a squad. With it require certain thresholds like 40k-49k 70-80% (not sure % values for ulti sorry) and 50K+ being 100% for vortex and max for maelstorm atleast only serious players can use it to its fullest extend and reduces its reliability. This doesn't alienate cser or farmer because there's plenty full +12 F2P players
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2017
    Dark Maelstrom + Churning vortex are cancer but I disagree require no skill. I will say if they made it so the amp % or chance of reel in scales with SF then it would be perhaps more manageable. Atm a g16 storm/dusk who listens can ruin half a squad. With it require certain thresholds like 40k-49k 70-80% (not sure % values for ulti sorry) and 50K+ being 100% for vortex and max for maelstorm atleast only serious players can use it to its fullest extend and reduces its reliability. This doesn't alienate cser or farmer because there's plenty full +12 F2P players

Dark Maelstrom level 2 description:

Call upon the power of your reaper heritage to summon a maelstrom of pure darkness around your target for 20 seconds. Every second the Dark Maelstrom will cast Thundersnow on all enemies within 15 meters of the target as well as reducing their Attack Rate by 200% and increasing their Channeling Time by 100%. Also reduces Physical and Magic defense by 80% for enemy players or by 40% for non-player enemies.

These defense reductions stack with other effects that reduce defense.
    giphy.gif

• blazerboy
    @bloodedone87 still don't think it's much to ask the 40% isn't even gear based 40% if I recall it directly attacks base ppl in that can purely die from Aoe not even focus fire and the run of the mill random sb can use this I think that's rediculous to be able to take full advantage of this enormous boost to a squad at any geargrade
  • dregenfox
    edited February 2017

Call upon the power of your reaper heritage to summon a maelstrom of pure darkness around your target for 20 seconds. Every second the Dark Maelstrom will cast Thundersnow on all enemies within 15 meters of the target as well as reducing their Attack Rate by 200% and increasing their Channeling Time by 100%. Also reduces Physical and Magic defense by 80% for enemy players or by 40% for non-player enemies.

Meanwhile mystic plants takes longer to cast, takes chi, has half the aoe, and makes people take ~5% more damage while nerfing their damage by 1%. Best skill design.

SB's 2 best skills requires no gear or aim, and have ridiculous spam + utility.

• bloodedone87

Meanwhile mystic plants takes longer to cast, takes chi, has half the aoe, and makes people take ~5% more damage while nerfing their damage by 1%. Best skill design.

And still there are people that do not know how to play a stormbringer.
    giphy.gif

• dingo488
    edited February 2017
    aradya6793 wrote: »
    but that sb cancer **** needs follow up else its pretty useless​​

Even Stevie Wonder can see those skills from across the map, following up on it is never a problem. But the SB ulti is fine, even tho it basically makes everyone lag out of the game, it has a 5-minute cooldown, it's strong but very limited in it's usage, it doesn't have 40% up-time like some other **** lag-fiesta skill we know, which, even when you completely whiff the skill, no problem, it'll be back before you know it.
  • dregenfox
    edited February 2017

How do you play Stormbringer in mass pvp? What skill do you use that's more effective than vortex spam?
  • bloodedone87

How do you play Stormbringer in mass pvp? What skill do you use that's more effective than vortex spam?

Did I said there is a skill more effective than vortex spam?
    Did I said anything about mass pvp?

The easiest way to play storm in mass pvp is to keep your distance and spam vortex+ other aoe and when its not in cd Dark Maelstrom.
    giphy.gif

• dregenfox

The easiest way to play storm in mass pvp is to keep your distance and spam vortex+ other aoe and when its not in cd Dark Maelstrom.

Exactly. A g16 monkey who only knows how to press movement buttons, IG/AD + vortex and malstrom will be almost as effective as a maxed R999 +12 sb. There's just no reward for maxing out and playing a SB compared to other classes.
  • bloodedone87

Exactly. A g16 monkey who only knows how to press movement buttons, IG/AD + vortex and malstrom will be almost as effective as a maxed R999 +12 sb. There's just no reward for maxing out and playing a SB compared to other classes.

And what reward is for maxing out and playing other classes?

And still there are people that do not know how to play a stormbringer
    An exemple would be this:
    A while ago in NW I saw storms that were running while chased by enemie, not using any skill while running , then position themself and using a skill that they could have used while running.
    The ability to attack while moving gives storms an huge advantage over other casters but some people refuse to use that and I dont know why?
    giphy.gif

• dregenfox

And what reward is for maxing out and playing other classes?

An exemple would be this:
    A while ago in NW I saw storms that were running while chased by enemie, not using any skill while running , then position themself and using a skill that they could have used while running.
    The ability to attack while moving gives storms an huge advantage over other casters but some people refuse to use that and I dont know why?

There are examples of people not knowing how to play every single class. Don't see how this is significant. As long as the SB spams vortex and malstrom, I don't really care what else he does, the only other thing worth mentioning is their ranged stun which is on par with archers.
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User

Wow, the fact that you said this proves how much of an unexperienced SB you are. Please don't give opinions on something you don't know.

Ok, I laughed at the irony here. XD You repeat that so much yet you don't look at your own "advice".
    You have no credibility to judge other SB for their playstyle given the amount of wrong you spit into forum.

#TrainwreckThread
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?