Skill Glyph System in the next expansion

Comments

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Thank god, Psychic Buffs are finally self buffs, PWI was hella fast with that, I cant wait till they nerf vortex in 2021
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Thank god, Psychic Buffs are finally self buffs, PWI was hella fast with that, I cant wait till they nerf vortex in 2021

And how exactly would you nerf vortex to not make it completely useless. All I can think is a longer CD like 2 minutes and make it cost 2 or 3 sparks. Not that I want vortex to be nerfed.
    giphy.gif

• dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User

And how exactly would you nerf vortex to not make it completely useless. All I can think is a longer CD like 2 minutes and make it cost 2 or 3 sparks. Not that I want vortex to be nerfed.

Have the pull-in chance be percentage-based on soulforce. Base 25%, scaling up to 90% at full soulforce/lvl 105.

Then at least when everyone's being pulled in, purged, and otherwise aoe-nuked into oblivion with no counters, they can at least take comfort in the fact that the guy casting vortex charged a shitton of money to be able to do that.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    dregenfox wrote: »

Have the pull-in chance be percentage-based on soulforce. Base 25%, scaling up to 90% at full soulforce/lvl 105.

Then at least when everyone's being pulled in, purged, and otherwise aoe-nuked into oblivion with no counters, they can at least take comfort in the fact that the guy casting vortex charged a shitton of money to be able to do that.

I would cap it lower than that, maybe 75%. Vortexes are cancer and if the faction isnt completely terrible following them its instant genie/apoth off everybody caught in one. Or you could even make it work where it compares the soulforces and if the SF is equal chance to pull will be 50%. Vortex is just way overpowered right now and it needs to be nerfed, dont think anybody who doesnt play one and has experienced what kind of cancer spammable tornadoes are disagrees with that.

Anyways, psy buffs gone will be interesting and it will definitely impact all the areas of PvP this game has currently. Well outside of tourney maybe. But I cant wait for TWs where half the targets arent running with psy buffs or PK for that matter, hopefully it doesnt discourage ppl using psy buffs too much from entering PvP events.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I actually agree with @dregenfox if you ganna do that kinda bs atleast you earned it in some shape or form. Look at psys well look at them for now. Ppl buy psy accounts specifically +12 ppl who quit from long ago just as buffbots in the never ending war of "I'm afraid to die" atleast for psy buffs to be op you have to earn it somehow. Storm it's like g16 one shot? Np you can still ruin endgame toons lives. If it's one or two fine but a squad!? GG WP xD

@saxroll I'm all for doing what you must to win even if it's borderline unfair or hell playing how you feel most comfortable. But if I literally hear anyone say "I don't wanna pk as much because psy buffs are self buff" please take solace in the fact that the entire pwi community will take a sh*t on your very existence for saying that xD
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I'm pretty sure the players that PvP now will continue to PvP even after the Psychic buff patch, at least on my server.

I also like @dregenfox idea of making Stormbringer vortex be Soulforce based. In general, they need to nerf the few things that make your gear irrelevant and have next to no counter. I mean, I did TW/NW when I was just a G16 Nirvana Demon Venomancer and loved making R9s a 1-shot, but I can aknowledge it was pretty BS.
    Well, they can still keep skills like these in the game, but it's better when you know your opponent actually worked for it to get OP, through farming in-game or irl.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    I know certain classes still need love such as a seeker... Seekers lack all ability to kill a duskblade in a 1v1 the only option a seeker has is to 1 shot through ig and when this update drops even when I drop an ultimate on seeker I would get insta 12 second disarmed by a DB making me entirely useless for 12 seconds of my ultimate...
    Honestly while seeker is more of a mass PK based class a DB should not be able to make a seeker useless for 12 seconds + cause they face rolled a keyboard.

Even the vac powders which is supposed to be an immunity pot for freeze stun etc is still not immune to para and disarms. I remember using vac powders like crazy in PVP since survivability isn't really an issue on a seeker but lack of anti cc was a thing. I feel like if anything a anti para and anti disarm powder needs to be made so classes don't get face rolled by a DB or SB cause they used a skill
  • blazerboy
    @nunuator that aruement can be made for nearly all classes since two proc def charms pretty much screwed seekers over majorly
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User

Lmao

Didn't those new engine rumors say we also getting new classes? I bet those will be even more broken than DBs and even more cancerous than SBs.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2017

I like this.
    saxroll wrote: »

I would cap it lower than that, maybe 75%. Vortexes are cancer and if the faction isnt completely terrible following them its instant genie/apoth off everybody caught in one. Or you could even make it work where it compares the soulforces and if the SF is equal chance to pull will be 50%. Vortex is just way overpowered right now and it needs to be nerfed, dont think anybody who doesnt play one and has experienced what kind of cancer spammable tornadoes are disagrees with that.

Anyways, psy buffs gone will be interesting and it will definitely impact all the areas of PvP this game has currently. Well outside of tourney maybe. But I cant wait for TWs where half the targets arent running with psy buffs or PK for that matter, hopefully it doesnt discourage ppl using psy buffs too much from entering PvP events.

I think vortex is pretty terrible, and I like the idea. I also think PWI needs to fix the lag that 6+ ongoing vortexes generates. 2fps is no fun. I can't even click pots fast enough watching a slide-show.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    I always thought immunity to movement impairing effects should resist vortex / pvp knockback. Those + disarm + paralyze don't have any counter atm. I shouldn't complain about this though since archer has an easy time getting out of those with leaps.​​
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    FINALLY! they're making those buff self-cast only!

I'm about to become the nightmare fuel for some Sins and Seekers in ET that apparently can't go inside NW without a Psychic buffing their **** every time they have the chance. Oh yeah baby <3 #AgeOfMiracles

u're an easy kill o_o
  • alphalordking
    alphalordking Posts: 29 Arc User
    ballenato wrote: »
    FINALLY! they're making those buff self-cast only!

I'm about to become the nightmare fuel for some Sins and Seekers in ET that apparently can't go inside NW without a Psychic buffing their **** every time they have the chance. Oh yeah baby <3 #AgeOfMiracles

u're an easy kill o_o

Ofc I'm an easy kill :D . Just look at this http://mypers.pw/10/#544505 <-- This is my Mystic exactly. What's threatening about that XD?

The thing is, my gameplay is really good, at least in terms of annoying the hell out of pretty much everyone but a Sin (Only because of Tidal) and even them can find Thicket really annoying. Clerics supporting the flag might get sleep, maybe I heal the target you are right about to kill after having to put alot of work, maybe I push you out of the paths in a Crystal contest. Or push you in the air for an Air Lock, maybe I'll be Lucky Breaking whoever gets the bad luck of eating a whole Veno's ulti, who knows lol. I do things most Mystics doesn't and it's obviously not because of my gears :# (And It's not like we have lots of Mystics in the server either way).

And also my laptop is REALLY crappy so I play all those NWs on BPM :| . And I can get pretty annoying if I don't get killed right away, no one can deny that. So seeing how I play as I do being really limited, that's really something B)

Runes will make it even better. Can't wait to see what everyone will choose for their own Playstyle <3
    Total_Calm - 105 / 101 / 101 - [ ψ The Blue-Eyed Demon ψ ]
  • blazerboy
    ^ I feel like my laptop crappy can't always not be said. Pwi even on the best computers run poorly but eh
  • alphalordking
    alphalordking Posts: 29 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    ^ I feel like my laptop crappy can't always not be said. Pwi even on the best computers run poorly but eh

Sad but true... Even with a great PC/Laptop, PWI will run fine until you get into a xTW and ultimate summonings and tornados start appearing all over the place, then your FPS will drop horribly hard XD. Let's see when this new engine will become a real thing :#
    Total_Calm - 105 / 101 / 101 - [ ψ The Blue-Eyed Demon ψ ]
  • blazerboy
    Bump
  • candiiie
    candiiie Posts: 28 Arc User
    Can we confirm the requirements for the glyphs and new cultivation? I heard you need to be Twilight Sky VIII for it as well as lv. 105 in your historical levels.
  • mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    You need 100lvl rb2 and Mirage Sky 1 to enter new location. For new instance you need 103lvl rb2 and Twilight sky 1.
    For culti seems you will need bosses in weekly Aba/SoT,JFSP,UCH,UP etc
    Post edited by mars19 on
  • keihan007#7641
    mars19 wrote: »
    You need 100lvl rb2 and Mirage Sky 1 to enter new location. For new instance you need 103lvl rb2 and Twilight sky 1.

Guess its UP time again boyz.

The list doesnt seem too bad though, unless its like OHT culti where you go into same instance several times. I also hope the etc. doesnt contain full delta cause that instance just takes awfully long time.

• candiiie
    candiiie Posts: 28 Arc User

Is the 103 for your current level or can it be in the demon book levels?
  • vampirao2012
    vampirao2012 Posts: 12 Arc User
    guys, I'm come back to game, and I was wondering what would be skill changes for Sb's?
    cuz the SB's topic wans't updated and some things aren't explained enough like Moonblade and Supercell.
    If anyone answer me I'll really love it.
    XOXO
  • keihan007#7641
    candiiie wrote: »

Is the 103 for your current level or can it be in the demon book levels?

Thats actually a good question. My initial response would of been yes but as far as instances go, I cant think of another instance outside of NW where historical level was the determining factor. I dont really see a reason why they would lock the instance from 103- current players though. Reading patch notes, I am gonna lock my answer to yes, the 103+ can be historical level too. Just take it with grain of salt as I dont speak Chinese and translations only go so far.

Not really on topic of glyphs but who else is excited over the ship, which takes us to western lands? It only fits 36 ppl every 5 mins and unless I misunderstood something, you need to perform some task, if you fail it you will be sent back to DWP. I can almost smell the rage incoming. I am gonna need Admiral Fashion to captain the ship over and over again!

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    That's the japanese server. I don't think PWJP even has the Glyph update yet.​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Whatever PWI does and nerfs...we don't need more %-based garbage..rather cut Cooldown time/increase cost or w/e...just please..anything luck based just sucks.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Nope, @ladyblonde69 is right
    If you go to this user on YouTube a known PWCN player his latest video of mass pk shows nearly every tab target having Psy buffs so looks like they still not self buffs.

Top sin on PWCN and he's using Psy buffs as well as nearly every person he attacks.

https://youtu.be/IQKV4SJScPs
  • mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    Only PWCN and Taiwan have glyphs update. And only PWCN have psy buffs update,also most of videos on youtube from Taiwan server. Sin from Taiwan server too.
  • blazerboy
    So there's hope for self buff psy buffs that's good