Midsummer Crazy Collection

Comments

• tuttle
    tuttle Posts: 254 Arc User
    Kossy - My stormbringer has also gotten what I assume to be other raffle rewards - ALSO - those 5 dragon shocker packs woulda contained between 3 and 10 stars. so I hardly consider 5 4 stars to be a like compensation. They are also trying to now use the dragon shocker pack in another promo
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    opkossy wrote: »
    You guys are completely jumping the gun with the rage about the orbs.

On this very page it's stated:
    enelimm wrote: »
    - For unexpected technical reasons, we won't be able to send Dragon Shocker Packs this time. We will change Tier 7 and 8 rewards to a Dragon Orb of equal or greater value so that you can get fair prizes as soon as possible.
    That's it for the moment :) Cheers!

That's all that's going on here: Them keeping their word about getting us our stuff.
    ​​

Giving us 5 4* orbs is not an equivalent exchange at all. They are completely useless to most people as most people get up to +7 on refines without any orbs at all, and considering players spent money in game to qualify for rewards with a decent chance to get 10* orbs...this "compensation" is ridiculous.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    tuttle wrote: »
    Kossy - My stormbringer has also gotten what I assume to be other raffle rewards - ALSO - those 5 dragon shocker packs woulda contained between 3 and 10 stars. so I hardly consider 5 4 stars to be a like compensation. They are also trying to now use the dragon shocker pack in another promo

Most of that... isn't really relevant to this.

Let's be realistic, the company knows very little about the game compared to the average player. Otherwise we'd at least have had unbound 5*s (not the best reward but still decent for budget refines and had an okay chance of showing up in the packs) since giving away oceans that only have a 0.01% chance at anyways to practically every 50+ character would have been... pretty bad, even if we'd have enjoyed it for all the wrong reasons. The orbs we're getting now are purely the replacement of that tier. 5 packs so 5 orbs and they gave us something that wasn't the worst (and most likely) reward in the pack.

Does it cover all the other tiers? No. They're still doing those and it's a limited number. An announcement of who won top ones would be nice so people know it's being sent out but it's unrelated to the orbs that the last half a page has the torches and pitchforks out for.

It also doesn't mean they can't try the packs again in a different promo. Maybe they fixed whatever issue was going on with the midsummer one in the meantime but it's obviously way too late to try and redo all that so they're trying again in a new promo.

Regardless my point is simply that people need to put down the pitchforks and read. They told us what they'd be doing and now they're doing it. It's no scam and they're actually following through on what they said. That's all there is to it.
    ​​
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • chaton
    chaton Posts: 22 Arc User

- For unexpected technical reasons, we won't be able to send Dragon Shocker Packs this time. We will change Tier 7 and 8 rewards to a Dragon Orb of equal or greater value so that you can get fair prizes as soon as possible.

That's all that's going on here: Them keeping their word about getting us our stuff.
    ​​

and where is the list of people who DID get more then the 5 lame bound 4 star orbs?
  • opkossy

Giving us 5 4* orbs is not an equivalent exchange at all. They are completely useless to most people as most people get up to +7 on refines without any orbs at all, and considering players spent money in game to qualify for rewards with a decent chance to get 10* orbs...this "compensation" is ridiculous.

Decent chance? It's a 0.01% chance to get the ocean in each pack. Giving away five of them as a guarantee instead is absurd from their point of view even if it's our best case.

People spent money to qualify for it? No. Tiers 7 and 8 (the orb rewards) were both 100% free. Those who spent money did it for a chance at tiers 6 and up... which had a limited number of winners to begin with! They've done exactly what they said they would do, even if we don't feel too pleased about not getting THE BEST AND RAREST ITEM IN THAT PACK. The 5* is a decent chance. 6^ you can make a borderline argument for. 7 and up? Those weren't going to happen and anyone who saw the pack's chances likely realized it immediately.
    ​​
  • opkossy
    edited August 2015
    chaton wrote: »
    and where is the list of people who DID get more then the 5 lame bound 4 star orbs?
    And at what point did they claim they would publicly reveal such a list? Exactly.

It would be nice to see, sure... but they never said they were going to make or release one for us.

Also see someone saying they got stuff from a higher tier:
    My stormbringer has also gotten what I assume to be other raffle rewards
    ​​
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Not a big deal here because everyone who complains about free 4* orbs would complain about 5* Orbs too and i consider 5* orbs to be semi usefull when you want to refine new stuff for your alts for example (not useful on most of the mains but on alts its neat).

I also cant find a use of 4* orbs (nor for 5* orbs on my main that is) but what do you guys expect.
    Chill down the bigger rewards are rolling out within the next few hours or days.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • chaton
    chaton wrote: »
    And at what point did they claim they would publicly reveal such a list? Exactly.

It would be nice to see, sure... but they never said they were going to make or release one for us.

Also see someone saying they got stuff from a higher tier:
    My stormbringer has also gotten what I assume to be other raffle rewards
    ​​

they release the list of winners for EVERY other raffle they do...
  • zoner112012
    edited August 2015
    opkossy you still haven't made a logical argument imo that says that their 4* orbs are adequate compensation. I really disagree and while you may be entitled to your opinion...so are others. Commenting on everyone's opinion and pushing your own is a bit much. It is an opinion...which can't be wrong. You can argue your own logical reasoning all you want, clearly people aren't remotely satisfied. non account stashable 4* orbs are pretty much useless to most players.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • sakulv
    sakulv Posts: 28 Arc User
    oh well i guess it was bad to hope something good from pwi x.x
    i like free stuff...but.. at least free stuff which r useful

dynavenosbychibizzz2_zps02ce33d3.png

• jasonk
    jasonk Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    blahh blahh blahh I also am done with this bull craap reward system and not buying anymore gold this has gone to far RIP PWI
  • opkossy
    edited August 2015
    opkossy you still haven't made a logical argument imo that says that their 4* orbs are adequate compensation. I really disagree and while you may be entitled to your opinion...so are others. Commenting on everyone's opinion and pushing your own is a bit much. It is an opinion...which can't be wrong. You can argue your own logical reasoning all you want, clearly people aren't remotely satisfied. non account stashable 4* orbs are pretty much useless to most players.

If you think that my point was that it was a -good- replacement, then you didn't read the post you originally replied to or my response to the first one to address said post. That, or you clearly didn't understand it. I'll re-iterate my point for you: They're doing exactly what they said they would do so there's no need to get out the pitchforks.

Since you wish to discuss the quality of the item change and make a point over that, however, sure I'll engage as well. I have no use for them whatsoever and, as I said already, tradable 5* would have been better as it's still a decent chance out of the packs while still being good for budget refines and most of all able to be traded so it can be used by those who need it.

Asking for the best rewards in the thing like you're doing, is actually kinda unreasonable. Especially as it only has a 0.01% chance of being something and MOST people would have wound up with 3*-5* orbs anyway with an occasional few getting lucky enough to grab the 7*-9* ones. 10* would only end up on those who are extremely lucky... or those who had an army of alts they were spamming the login event with. So no, it' not reasonable for them to give it to us as a guarantee even if it was a potential reward. Would it have been awesome for those who can take advantage of it? Sure! I wouldn't mind having a few free +12s from them giving away more oceans Is it reasonable? Not really. Heck, even making these 4* orbs tradable would have made it that much better but character bound, untradable, and below 5* is just a terrible combination overall. That said, PWE isn't exactly as knowledgeable about the game as the average player. They offer diamond rings as spend reward, for crying out loud! So you can't expect them to ever give the best case.

So to clarify and just make sure you're on the same page as me here. No, I don't think the change was good. However it IS what they said they would do (and we know they don't see things with the same values we do) so starting an angry mob and bringing out the pitchforks over them... sticking to their word.... yeah it's a bit extreme. That part is fact. It's my opinion that we shouldn't get 10*s. At least 5*, sure? 6 or 7? I can live with that. 8 or 9, I'd be iffy on...and 10 is just stupid (to me) considering the rates from the pack and the blatant abuse we'd get. I do also feel (again, my opinion) that orbs of 5* and below should be unbound. I can see an argument either way for 6/7 and I think 8/9 being ACCOUNT bound would be fine too.

tl;dr: They did what they told us so stop calling them scammers. Their general disconnect from the game is why what we got sucks and I agree it sucks. I don't think we should get something as extreme as 10*s but something as a median (IE: unbound 5*) would have been better.
    ​​
  • zoner112012
    tl;dr: They did what they told us so stop calling them scammers. Their general disconnect from the game is why what we got sucks and I agree it sucks. I don't think we should get something as extreme as 10*s but something as a median (IE: unbound 5*) would have been better.[/color]​​

Fair enough
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • opkossy
    Glad to get that understood.

Kinda a shame that there's such a gap between the company and us, though. They seem toe trying to improve how the company is about things. We've actually been getting staff responses lately and seeing things get done. Just that because they're relatively clueless about things (to us at least) some of their efforts tend to fall short by... a lot. Like the O'Malley code as a share reward on that facebook promo. Once upon a time it was considered OP and served as part of the anniversary rewards (it also lasted a month back then). Nowadays it's... something we can get as many as we want so having it as a promor reward is utterly redundant. I can't fault them for trying because it's more than they were doing for a while. It's just sad that what they think is genuinely good at times... really isn't. :/

But that's only tangentially related to this topic, so I suppose I shouldn't go any further on it.
    ​​
  • kilmister
    kilmister Posts: 16 Arc User
    None of mine toons has yet got their orbs,,both had 1100 tokens that went missing and PWI stating dont worry we have all your tokens counted,,ah well maybe they turn up at some point..
  • cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    ._. dang i was actually a little happy to get the 4 orbs for thinking they actually are trying to keep there word, i was expecting 3 star ~ not to sound greedy, but what about the other alts i got that had tokens? only 1 per account as a double check
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551
  • mhond1130
    mhond1130 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    plz show us the winner list.
  • thedoc1212
    thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
    So bound 4 star orbs? can we get a recall for these and get unbound trade able items even if if its 3 star orb the items in the pack are unbound and equal or close to equal would be a 5 star orb that can be traded and used to upgrade your gear. And since it was also part of a charge and spend reward something needs to be done since money was put into to get items to get the chest.
  • warlockxkos187
    warlockxkos187 Posts: 26 Arc User
    false advertisment^ enough said
  • warlockxkos187
    warlockxkos187 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    i dont know what pisses me off more the bunk constalation prize or the fact i spent 200$ during this event and got 50 b to s chests with cata's> this is what i got> 48 b cards and 2 a cards> 600 july tokens

is it our fault support messed this event up> no>who decides whether or not this is a fair reward and finally i didnt pay money for lousy dragon shocker packs i payed for avatar cards or at least a chance at them in which i was robbed of even that
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2015

It's no scam ... [/color]​​

I would choose words more carefully. If you announce something and motivate people for example to charge for a specific objective and afterwards change the scope in total even if you communicate it, in most of EU countries would be already declared as a type of scam :) ... may be in the US its possible but I hardly believe it.

But I agree with the other things you wrote and its still not satisfied for me how they treat this case.
    Let us accept that there are no winners and may be they should just stop all their activities here and concentrate more on other things that these will going into right direction in future.
    Post edited by sneakingzoe on
  • enelimm
    enelimm Posts: 332 Perfect World Employee
    Hi again! Here are the answers I received:
    - The item send had started! Please make sure to clear your mailbox.
    - We are sending bound 4 stars Dragon Orbs x2 for Tier 8 and x3 for Tier 7.
    - It looks like we will publish the winners list - I am waiting for confirmation.
    Enelimm
    Community Manager
    ----------
    [FACEBOOK] [SUPPORT]
  • tuttle
    tuttle Posts: 254 Arc User
    Enelimm, I appreciate your answers through all of this, but I wish you luck making it out alive as pissed off as this promotion is leaving a lot of people. I know if what I have received so far is all that is coming, I won't take part in another one. The 4 stars wouldn't have been bad had they not been the uncombinable/bound ones, but as is, those are absolute trash to pretty much everyone
  • skyurr
    skyurr Posts: 35 Arc User
    Man I wish they would just talk to us before they do things like this, if none of them play or have played the game they will never get this right. Trash these kind of rewards and go back to giving out codes. Why are these low orbs only useful on bound gear lmao, its a joke.​​
  • northdaemonarch
    northdaemonarch Posts: 3 Arc User
    In my eyes this promotion was a scam - they changed rewards in the middle of it, and people that have spent hundreds of $ have still not received anything beyond those useless orbs. I will consider very carefully wether to participate in any other boutique promos at least till the end of 2015.
  • mommacrow77
    mommacrow77 Posts: 7 Arc User
    I also spent a small amount of real world cash, not enough to expect any additional rewards, but half my charactors have not even received the stupid 4 star orbs and the ones that did get them only got 2. It's the last time I spend because of a promo....PWI does not follow through. And, it's not a new trend or a rare occurance....every stinkin time.
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    I hope I win :D goodluck everyone else :pensive:
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    i had over 1000 july raffle tokens day2 of the event
    all the rest of the tokens went missing

my final reward was 4x 4* orbs

meaningless to say it was the last event i put real money into
  • chaton
    still no announcement on who won?