Server Merge FAQ

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    aphrodita wrote: »
    So the biggest complaint with Harshlands is the event times.

The main TW is at 8pm server, so this means that it would change from 8pm Eastern to 4pm Eastern. Pretty much the same times for NW also.
    The afternoon TW is at 2pm, which would make it 10am Eastern.
    The early morning TW (rare) is at 9am, which would make it 5am Eastern.

Overall, since these all occur on Saturday and Sunday, the only real issue will be with the Friday NW battles occurring while most people are still at, or getting off, work; and also with the very rare 5am TW time slot. (Which is really only ever seen in the first week or two of the TW season.)

Basically, now your evening has been freed up to go out with friends, or to a late movie. It also makes the Sunday NW way better for those who have jobs to go to on Monday morning.

Are you guys looking at the times in the right direction? I keep seeing people complain about early morning battles.
    This is nothing like what Europeans playing on East/West coast servers have had to put up with, where their TW times were 3am for a West coast server, or midnight for a East coast server.

you are wrong by 2 hours. tw was 2am/5am. not midnight/3am.

it is 10:17am in middle europe as i speak and 01:17am on the west coast.
    I was going by the stated server times, and TW event time. So you're saying the server is not on GMT/UTC?

Also, you say "West Coast". Harshlands is an East Coast server.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • noctusvenator
    noctusvenator Posts: 37 Arc User
    b) you know what HL RW is like? every faction meets somewhere for a mass free for all and the carts/bases get ignored.
    you dont need RW for that....

I feel the need to correct you, Factions target Bases/Carts FIRST and once all the kills are met THEN the factions have a mass free for all pvp, The reason there are usually bases/carts left on the map at the end is because Factions target Bases and Carts in the lands of the faction with the most TW lands as these bases/carts give the most points.

Please be sure you know what you are talking about before posting information about another server.

• opalhs
    opalhs Posts: 34 Arc User
    Anyone can tell me does maint start in 16 hours or in 40 hours?
    It says on August 4th but not in what time of day
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    @enelimm
    @mintsummer

So the scheduled merge is tomorrow, is there any news at all regarding the DawnGlory (Harshlands + Morai - event + TW times) yet? Been waiting to hear anything on this from you guys for almost a week now.
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    opalhs wrote: »

probably starts normal maintenance time (maybe an hour early) so in 37-38 hours
  • opalhs
    opalhs Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    mosz wrote: »
    opalhs wrote: »

probably starts normal maintenance time (maybe an hour early) so in 37-38 hours

I know that,but last week maint was 1 day earlyer(on Monday 23H-Tuesday 02:00) or something like that,so just curious if it is again on Monday-Tuesday(like last week) or its from Tuesday-Wednesday(like usual)
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User

The main TW is at 8pm server, so this means that it would change from 8pm Eastern to 4pm Eastern. Pretty much the same times for NW also.

Overall, since these all occur on Saturday and Sunday, the only real issue will be with the Friday NW battles occurring while most people are still at, or getting off, work; and also with the very rare 5am TW time slot. (Which is really only ever seen in the first week or two of the TW season.)

Basically, now your evening has been freed up to go out with friends, or to a late movie. It also makes the Sunday NW way better for those who have jobs to go to on Monday morning.

Are you guys looking at the times in the right direction? I keep seeing people complain about early morning battles.
    This is nothing like what Europeans playing on East/West coast servers have had to put up with, where their TW times were 3am for a West coast server, or midnight for a East coast server.

I was going by the stated server times, and TW event time. So you're saying the server is not on GMT/UTC?

when i tell you the difference between Morai servertime and west coast, it should not be hard for you to then calculate the difference between east and west, right? i expected an american to know that, sorry :pensive:
    but yeah, tw on morai is 8pm utc+1 and its 6 hours before HL(east) and 9 hours before LC(west).

b) you know what HL RW is like? every faction meets somewhere for a mass free for all and the carts/bases get ignored.
    you dont need RW for that....

I feel the need to correct you, Factions target Bases/Carts FIRST and once all the kills are met THEN the factions have a mass free for all pvp, The reason there are usually bases/carts left on the map at the end is because Factions target Bases and Carts in the lands of the faction with the most TW lands as these bases/carts give the most points.

Please be sure you know what you are talking about before posting information about another server.

how i love the arrogance in this forum.
    I DO PLAY on harshlands and i have seen it.
    and trust me, even if the new servers would be PVP, RW would still end in 5 minutes due to the high amount of factions trying to kill a base.

Morai alone has been there.

• seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    asterelle wrote: »
    I wonder how many months it will take them to make new server subforums.​​

Come to think of it, I wonder how they'll handle the (soon to be) old ones? "Will they simply merge them into the new one's?? Or just leave them lying there (long term)???"

(?_?)'

• zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2015

when i tell you the difference between Morai servertime and west coast, it should not be hard for you to then calculate the difference between east and west, right? i expected an american to know that, sorry :pensive:
    but yeah, tw on morai is 8pm utc+1 and its 6 hours before HL(east) and 9 hours before LC(west).

Exactly. There would be no reason for the server time to be UTC.
    At first the two EU servers were defined as "french one" and "german one" and both France and Germany are UTC+1.
    Note also that appart from France and Germany, the most part of european countries use UTC+1 anyway.

So to convert time you need to use -6 or -9 and also be careful to saving times that might not be done on same weeks (There are a lot of Canadian players on Lothranis/Morai that got issues with that)
  • sylenthunder

Also, you say "West Coast". Harshlands is an East Coast server.

Again with apples to oranges.

According to PWE, the server time for Morai is UTC, not UTC+1.
    My calculation was to the East coast, not to the West coast. UTC -5 would be the East coast, so 5 hours behind Morai.
    The times you gave are for what it would be on the West Coast vs Europe, but it's an hour off because you're counting UTC+1 as server time.

So, anyone on Morai server can confirm if server time is UTC (as PWE states), or is actually an hour off?​​

​​
  • zoldickun

My calculation was to the East coast, not to the West coast. UTC -5 would be the East coast, so 5 hours behind Morai.
    The times you gave are for what it would be on the West Coast vs Europe, but it's an hour off because you're counting UTC+1 as server time.

So, anyone on Morai server can confirm if server time is UTC (as PWE states), or is actually an hour off?​​

I did just above and explained why UTC would be complete nonsense ;)
  • amo0olh
    amo0olh Posts: 13 Arc User
    plz merage

DW whit morei

and we want morei time coz is good for alot ppls
    cssrfF5.gif
  • groovykat
    groovykat Posts: 48 Arc User
    amo0olh wrote: »
    plz merage

DW whit morei

and we want morei time coz is good for alot ppls

How about no? Morai time does not work for me coming from Dreamweaver.

--
    103/103/102 demon cleric
    103/102/102 demon seeker
    100/100/100 demon veno

• foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    mintsummer wrote: »
    If there is any event sensitive to time zone, we will try to schedule it multiple times so that most players can have fun.

This shows how little PWE knows about this. Every event is sensitive to time zone as they start at server time and server times are based on time zones.
    As it stands now the only even that I can do, is the late TW war and sunday NW, and that is IF I am home which most times I am not at that time. Every event mon-fri starts at 8pm or 8:55pm. With the server time switch I will miss all of those because I will still be at work.

mintsummer wrote: »
    Meanwhile, we are working on multiple time slots of TW/ Cross Server PVP/NW. Stay Tuned!

Sure we will stay tuned. Just like we stayed tuned for the replacement for DQ rewards. And all the other **** ups that you never took care of.

Lets be serious here for a minute. You actually think that you guys are able to do this?
    You have yet to put on a successful log in event.
    You have had 4 day roll backs when installing hew hardware.
    More then 1 server has had roll backs.
    When morai had their first merger, people lost items.
    You have told lies just to keep people playing in hopes that you do what you say you will do.

People have said this game is dying, this year has been proof of that (lay offs and now merger).
    NGTUy53.png

• ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User

Sylen, I have no idea what UTC is, but I do know that the server is synched with my own time, and my time is GMT+1 (I live in Italy, so that puts me 1 hour ahead of Greenwich, which is the same time as France. Which should be the place where the server is physically located). hope this helps
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    It's happening! Maintenance discussion thread has been posted!

No news about multiple events or different TW time slots for the EU server. GG
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • ykc
    ykc Posts: 92 Arc User
    On future maybe extend the char slots to 16? double account stash, friendlist, black list, etc...
    Even could make a stone that share bank (pass items through bank on same acc)
  • zoldickun
    edited August 2015
    ailiadrake wrote: »
    Sylen, I have no idea what UTC is, but I do know that the server is synched with my own time, and my time is GMT+1 (I live in Italy, so that puts me 1 hour ahead of Greenwich, which is the same time as France. Which should be the place where the server is physically located). hope this helps

UTC is universal time kinda.
    But anyway, I answered him just before he asked the question (post just above his one, even though I might have had problems with the quote balises).

(But the server is not located in France as far as I know)

Quoting myself :

Exactly. There would be no reason for the server time to be UTC.
    At first the two EU servers were defined as "french one" and "german one" and both France and Germany are UTC+1.
    Note also that appart from France and Germany, the most part of european countries use UTC+1 anyway.

So to convert time you need to use -6 or -9 and also be careful to saving times that might not be done on same weeks (There are a lot of Canadian players on Lothranis/Morai that got issues with that)
  • sylenthunder
    ykc wrote: »
    On future maybe extend the char slots to 16? double account stash, friendlist, black list, etc...
    You can double your account stash now. just get one on both servers and fill it up.

Account stash is how you pass items (share) through a bank on the same account.
    ​​

​​
  • zenekii
    zenekii Posts: 9 Arc User
    For anyone confused here morai is on CEST (central european standard time) that is one hour ahead of GMT (where im from) the nw/tws run at 20:00 cest which is 19:00 in england if this clears up any confusion for those above!
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Ok guys I have some questions:

First and I know it has been answered before but:

What if I have 8 toons on one server and 2 on the other?

The answer I saw before was something like: ''you will keep your 10 toons but you will not be able to create more''

My question is for the player who went through the merge years ago that still play and had more than 8 toons.

Can they access those characters?

is there any old players who can answer this?

• ykc
    ykc Posts: 92 Arc User
    ykc wrote: »
    You can double your account stash now. just get one on both servers and fill it up.

Account stash is how you pass items (share) through a bank on the same account.
    ​​

I know, but without (adding extra alts on purpose on same accounts) and the bank stash (would be easier to pass directly from bank to alt bank (no need to relog everytime)
  • conner#5457
    conner#5457 Posts: 9 Arc User
    soleida wrote: »
    Excuse me but for years I'm try to get transfer to Morai and get the message its not possible but now you are merging a american server with the European? How on the time differents between those 2 servers? And why it is possible to join those 2 servers form 2 different time zone and You cant transfer my char?

It's not that they couldn't, it's that GMs aren't your personal nannies.
    ​​
  • gymleadersoraka
    gymleadersoraka Posts: 1 Arc User
    How long will maintenance last?
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited August 2015

hmm if only there was a maintenance thread, maybe there would be one stickied at the top of this very forum with estimated maint times, impossibru
  • sylenthunder
    mosz wrote: »

hmm if only there was a maintenance thread, maybe there would be one stickied at the top of this very forum with estimated maint times, impossibru
    Yeah I know right? If only they would post a Maintenance thread and sticky it at the top of the forum so everyone could read the details about when it starts, what they are doing, and how long it's supposed to go....

Oh wait...
    http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1198769/pwi-maintenance-discussion-8-4-15

They did, someone just didn't bother to look before they posted. samurai-6.gif

Rading.... The lost art.samurai-32.gif​​

​​
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Morai is physically hosted in the Netherlands. The server time follows CET time conventions, usually GMT +1 and observing DST.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • zoldickun
    Morai is physically hosted in the Netherlands. The server time follows CET time conventions, usually GMT +1 and observing DST.

It's totally right BUT I don't think the server time is related to the server location though ;)
  • indiaecho
    indiaecho Posts: 12 Arc User
    I have one request of PWI, an extention stone for the Blacklist, I think its going to be needed after the merge.

• sylenthunder
    So, anyone on Morai server can confirm if server time is UTC (as PWE states), or is actually an hour off?
    If that's the case, then it only puts my event time calculation for the East Coast off by one hour.

So I'll correct my original post....

The main TW is at 8pm server, so this means that it would change from 8pm Eastern to 5pm Eastern. Pretty much the same times for NW also.
    The afternoon TW is at 2pm, which would make it 11am Eastern.
    The early morning TW (rare) is at 9am, which would make it 6am Eastern.

​​

​​
This discussion has been closed.