Server Merge FAQ

Comments

• unaro
    unaro Posts: 9 Arc User
    1 Question regarding duplicate names:
    (pardon me if I'm repeating, but I didn't see this issue asked anywhere or I need some specs)

ABC char in Raging Tides;
    ABC char in Dreamweaver;
    ABCRT char already exists in dreamweaver;

what becomes of ABC of raging tides in the new server?
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    unaro wrote: »
    1 Question regarding duplicate names:
    (pardon me if I'm repeating, but I didn't see this issue asked anywhere or I need some specs)

ABC char in Raging Tides;
    ABC char in Dreamweaver;
    ABCRT char already exists in dreamweaver;

what becomes of ABC of raging tides in the new server?

ABCRTRT
  • unaro
    unaro Posts: 9 Arc User
    zoldickun wrote: »

ABCRTRT

such a lovely new name!! LOL
  • zoldickun
    unaro wrote: »
    zoldickun wrote: »

ABCRTRT

such a lovely new name!! LOL

I prefer ABCRTRTRTRT
  • nibblescookiess
    nibblescookiess Posts: 33 Arc User
    as this is a faq thread, i would like to ask 2 questions:

now that your introducing a cross server PvP im presuming that all players data will be stored in 1 main database just like the Archosaur and Heaven’s Tear servers have now?

and if thats the case, will this mean that players will get the option to server transfer?

im sure a lot of east cost players from Dawnglory and the EU players from Tideswell would like to switch places will like to be able to play in there own timezone.

and if server population is your worry you could always make it a que system so that you would have to switch places with someone on the server you want to move to.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User

now that your introducing a cross server PvP im presuming that all players data will be stored in 1 main database just like the Archosaur and Heaven’s Tear servers have now?

and if thats the case, will this mean that players will get the option to server transfer?
    I'm not a GM, but I don't think it will be like this. According to how it happens on other servers, all players are transferred to a separate server and get charname suffixes defining their server name and fight. After event they return to their regular servers.

I don't think there will be any server transfer option to be honest, it would imbalance servers severely.
    Not that I dislike it, but doubt they would provide it.

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    Whilst server transfer may sound awesome now, I do not want it implemented for sure.

From past experience in other games - when the server transfers are open, people tend to go towards 1 or 2 server at most and the rest 2 servers are dead - the opportunist factions make free money and start running their mouths. Old players transfer back and stomp these kids whilst the server they transferred from become dead. So there will be a huge imbalance between the servers resulting players quit the game
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • zoldickun
    shade13 wrote: »

I'm not a GM, but I don't think it will be like this. According to how it happens on other servers, all players are transferred to a separate server and get charname suffixes defining their server name and fight. After event they return to their regular servers.

I don't think there will be any server transfer option to be honest, it would imbalance servers severely.
    Not that I dislike it, but doubt they would provide it.

​​

^^This.
    And you can be sure that there is not a unique database, since they don't use suffixes for Morai for example.
    That being said, they could maybe use the same kind of thing to transfer a toon (but in my understanding it's easier to migrate a whole server than just taking a part of it)
  • nibblescookiess
    yeah i guess its just im not even a Harshalds player and i feel sorry for them, i just rerolled on morai because i cant handle the east cost times.....

i mean the events for them are going to be 6 hours earlier then what they are for them now ... making it like 8am - 2p where all the events go on, thats when a lot of players will be at work and stuff....

thats a big blow to those players...

thats how the EU players felt when NW came out... that ultimately made me re -oll like 2 years later....

my other worry is that times will be changed on Dawnglory to suit the harshlands players and then there will be no where left for the EU players to play with there own timezones.....

but them going PvE and EU times ...... thats painful to even watch...
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    If they do implement server transfer they should just add it as an option from high population servers to lower population ones. That would help balance the servers. They can even monetize it by making it a boutique item you have to buy.

They don't even need PWCN help to implement that.
    1) Find any unused item in the game...
    2) rename it to "Server Transfer Stone"...
    3) put it in the boutique...
    4) advertise which transfers are available...
    5) during maintenance flag any account that has the item in the inventory for transfer...
    6) transfer the account and remove the item.

They could make the stones explicit about which server to transfer from and too if necessary with description text. So maybe they'd have a Twilight Temple -> Dawnglory stone and a Etherblade -> Tideswell stone.
    ​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    asterelle wrote: »
    If they do implement server transfer they should just add it as an option from high population servers to lower population ones. That would help balance the servers. They can even monetize it by making it a boutique item you have to buy.

5) during maintenance flag any account that has the item in the inventory for transfer...

They could make the stones explicit about which server to transfer from and too if necessary with description text. So maybe they'd have a Twilight Temple -> Dawnglory stone and a Etherblade -> Tideswell stone.
    ​​

Its a decent plan and anything is possible if there is profit for PWE I think this would enable people to take advantage of the market difference in other servers. For example, if it were available now, I could move to lost to profit off of pack items I have in my inventory. I could even invest and buy out cat shops in Sanctuary first, and make a profit of hundreds of millions after the move to Lost. Move back to sanctuary to buy DODs for half the price after I've made my millions etc. Abuse of the different markets would be a commonplace thing unless they discouraged this by making the service unbelievably expensive. Even then, gearing up in some servers is much cheaper than others. If this were to be available they would need to balance the economies first.
  • nibblescookiess
    edited July 2015

​​

im loving your thinking there!

or a queuing system where if 2 players from 2 different servers want to swap?
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: »

Its a decent plan and anything is possible if there is profit for PWE I think this would enable people to take advantage of the market difference in other servers. For example, if it were available now, I could move to lost to profit off of pack items I have in my inventory. I could even invest and buy out cat shops in Sanctuary first, and make a profit of hundreds of millions after the move to Lost. Move back to sanctuary to buy DODs for half the price after I've made my millions etc. Abuse of the different markets would be a commonplace thing unless they discouraged this by making the service unbelievably expensive. Even then, gearing up in some servers is much cheaper than others. If this were to be available they would need to balance the economies first.

The economies are already pretty balanced and I only think server transfers should be enabled from high population to low population which is a 1-way transfer. You wouldn't be able to come back.
    ​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User

The economies are already pretty balanced and I only think server transfers should be enabled from high population to low population which is a 1-way transfer. You wouldn't be able to come back.

Economies are already balancing before merges on Archo/HT. There was some differences but right now markets are basically even across all markets. I imagine ability to transfer servers would balance economies in similar manner and possibility for ridiculous profits would disappear. ​​
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • shioso
    shioso Posts: 12 Arc User

lol ofc only thing YOU can think of is how to best abuse stuff PWE grants (or might grant) us because they want to please the community

a) make it once-in-a-lifetime-Transfer
    b) this should be for people (like HL or Europeans on westcoast servers) being unhappy with their current server to switch to a server that suits them better
    i also understand that this would be a lot of work to do, hence why a)

• celestial
    celestial Posts: 15 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Copying pasta from another thread since this thread isnt banished to the depths of the forums:

I have been told that when Russian servers merged the account stash got expanded too, however once u took the items out of your account stash u lost the extra slot aswell until u were left with the original amount of slots, could someone reconfirm it does actually permanently increase your slots?

With this I am, of course, asking @enelimm @mintsummer :) hope you can confirm

The Russian servers are just licensed. They aren't at all set up the way PWI is, and will be handled differently.
    It would be nice if they did remain larger, but I can see where it would also be possible for them to shrink as you stated.

Unfortunately, we won't know until either A. Someone tries it, or B. Someone who already knows responds. Knowing PWE, no one will know until we, the players, find out for ourselves.​​

Can anyone from the staff confirm that the double sized Account Stash will be permanent or will it shrink when you take out the items? Also, if it is permanent, will there be an alternative way to obtain the double sized stash after the servers are merged?
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User

​​

To add I prefer anything such as this be quest enabled then set to 1 time only that way people who choose such an option get only 1 bite at the apple much like the r9 gear quests are now
  • lucyflies
    lucyflies Posts: 1 Arc User
    HT has lag issues but nothing as outrageous as Arch. Why did you have to anchor us to the server w/ the worst response time on PWI? Seriously, i've got a presence on many servers but won't put my big toe in Arch under any circumstance. Players that i've talked to who have/had played there, admit that it's a terrible experience. (Note: Just talking about the server performance issues, NOT the players themselves....they're awesome.)
  • poppyfey
    poppyfey Posts: 5 Arc User
    I've been trying to send in a tickey for the past 3 days but since I can't access to the pwi suport page guess I'll just type it in here.

I will not re type my opinion on the HL - Morai server nor will I go again trough the unfairness of your decision. What I would like to know is: Is this decision final? Or is there any way you merge HL with another East Cost server?
  • unbacano14324
    unbacano14324 Posts: 20 New User
    edited July 2015
    i'm going to spam this till I die harshlands should be the only ones able to do it though SERVER TRANSFER stone =EVERYone happy and satisfied. i also agree it should be a one time thing if not (to profit pwe staff ) every time you do it again it should cost more I don't get it people on here from other server QQ about suffix like that small little problem compares to ours can you not see we are being forced to a different timezone can you not see this Fuckery also it's like someone mentioned before it will be like living with a roommate that works nights and you work days like wTF PWI
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    shioso wrote: »

lol ofc only thing YOU can think of is how to best abuse stuff PWE grants (or might grant) us because they want to please the community

a) make it once-in-a-lifetime-Transfer
    b) this should be for people (like HL or Europeans on westcoast servers) being unhappy with their current server to switch to a server that suits them better
    i also understand that this would be a lot of work to do, hence why a)

I fail to see the issue with bringing up potential problems. If the PWE management is reading this or hearing these suggestions at all, and are thinking of implementing this, this is a valid point to consider. End of story.

-snip-​​
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    So the biggest complaint with Harshlands is the event times.

The main TW is at 8pm server, so this means that it would change from 8pm Eastern to 5pm Eastern. Pretty much the same times for NW also.
    The afternoon TW is at 2pm, which would make it 11am Eastern.
    The early morning TW (rare) is at 9am, which would make it 6am Eastern.

Overall, since these all occur on Saturday and Sunday, the only real issue will be with the Friday NW battles occurring while most people are still at, or getting off, work; and also with the very rare 5am TW time slot. (Which is really only ever seen in the first week or two of the TW season.)

Basically, now your evening has been freed up to go out with friends, or to a late movie. It also makes the Sunday NW way better for those who have jobs to go to on Monday morning.

Are you guys looking at the times in the right direction? I keep seeing people complain about early morning battles.
    This is nothing like what Europeans playing on East/West coast servers have had to put up with, where their TW times were 3am for a West coast server, or midnight for a East coast server.

Edited to correct times.​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • shioso
    shioso Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    -snip-
    So the biggest complaint with Harshlands is the event times.

The main TW is at 8pm server, so this means that it would change from 8pm Eastern to 4pm Eastern. Pretty much the same times for NW also.
    The afternoon TW is at 2pm, which would make it 10am Eastern.
    The early morning TW (rare) is at 9am, which would make it 5am Eastern.

Overall, since these all occur on Saturday and Sunday, the only real issue will be with the Friday NW battles occurring while most people are still at, or getting off, work; and also with the very rare 5am TW time slot. (Which is really only ever seen in the first week or two of the TW season.)

Basically, now your evening has been freed up to go out with friends, or to a late movie. It also makes the Sunday NW way better for those who have jobs to go to on Monday morning.

Are you guys looking at the times in the right direction? I keep seeing people complain about early morning battles.
    This is nothing like what Europeans playing on East/West coast servers have had to put up with, where their TW times were 3am for a West coast server, or midnight for a East coast server.

thanks. #brofist
    ​​
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Some of us like to sleep until noon on a Saturday, sir. And also some people actually do work Saturdays.​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    chary wrote: »
    Some of us like to sleep until noon on a Saturday, sir. And also some people actually do work Saturdays.
    Working on the weekend is always an issue with the time, no matter when the time is.
    Sleeping in is your prerogative. It's a choice. Whining that you might have to wake up before 10am to attend a game event is pretty damn silly though.

My point is, that this is not nearly the epidemic that you folks are making it out to be, and it's nowhere near as bad as what Europeans playing on East/West coast have had to deal with. At least the sun is shining during most of the event times for you.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • unbacano14324
    unbacano14324 Posts: 20 New User
    why do people think because they went through it we have to ? you know what you signed up for when you joined US EAST server you only support because it works to your advantage harshlands is an east coast server enough said and who that fuq is going to get up at 5 am just to play pwi ? like seriously 98.9% of us either sleeping still drunk or getting ready for Work ...enough said
  • geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    Also, 4pm on a Friday for NW? Not with any normal working hours.
    Apples and oranges comparison bringing up their prior "hardships" and a weak one at that.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    I'm all for giving the Euros on the other servers the option to server transfer to EU for better times. I just don't want my server merged into an EU one when it was originally an east coast US one. Too much to ask, I guess.​​
  • chucknorristhemighty
    chucknorristhemighty Posts: 11 Arc User
    Copying pasta from another thread since this thread isnt banished to the depths of the forums:

I have been told that when Russian servers merged the account stash got expanded too, however once u took the items out of your account stash u lost the extra slot aswell until u were left with the original amount of slots, could someone reconfirm it does actually permanently increase your slots?

The Russian servers are just licensed. They aren't at all set up the way PWI is, and will be handled differently.
    It would be nice if they did remain larger, but I can see where it would also be possible for them to shrink as you stated.

Unfortunately, we won't know until either A. Someone tries it, or B. Someone who already knows responds. Knowing PWE, no one will know until we, the players, find out for ourselves.​​

I've gliched my acc stash, and Ive double.
    ATM one must have at least 1 item un the second accstash to keep it up.
  • celestial
    celestial Posts: 15 Arc User

I've gliched my acc stash, and Ive double.
    ATM one must have at least 1 item un the second accstash to keep it up.

Ah..thank you for the info. 1 item isn't bad. I thought I would have needed it to be full if the stash turns out to be not perm.
This discussion has been closed.