Server Merge FAQ

Which servers are you merging?

We are merging the current US and EU servers into 4 servers as following:
Heaven’s Tear + Archosaur => Etherblade
Sacntuary + Lost City => Twilight Temple
Raging Tide + Dreamweaver => Tideswell
Harshlands + Morai => Dawnglory

Will I lose something on my character?

No, you will keep all the gear, coins, mounts, flyers pets, friendlists etc of your char. Characters will not lose anything.

Will I keep the name of my character?

Apart from Archosaur and Heaven’s Tear that share the same name database, players who have an homonym on the other server will have a suffix added to their name in order to differentiate them. You can find the suffix list on the announcement.

I’m married in game; will I still be on my new server?

Of course! What would we be if we destroyed your love! Your character will still be married on your new server :)

What about the Factions? Are they staying the same?

Yes, the factions are saved. You will find your faction as you left it on the old server. You will also be now in competition with the Factions from the other server, so be ready! The Territory map will be reset as it’s the beginning of a new season, so you will have to conquer new territories.

What type will be the new servers ?

All servers will be PvE. PvP lovers can get into white/PvP mode and keep on battling as they used to.

I have the maximum number of character on 2 servers that will be merged, will I lose any of them?

Nope! If you have characters on both servers, your character limit will be extended up to 16. However, you won’t be able to create new characters if you already have 8 or more in total.

Can I still transfer ZEN the same way on the new server?

Yes, you can still transfer your ZEN the same way; this is going to work exactly the same, you will just have to choose your new server’s name.

I've unlocked the account stash on both servers; what will happen to it?

Both account stashes will be merged into a single, double-sized account stash.

EU-specific questions:

What is the official language of the Dawnglory server?

Since it is understood by most, the official language will be English. Whenever possible, important GM announcements will also be made in German and/or French.

Will the game be in English? Can I still play in French or German if I want?

The language of the game is based on your client and not on the server language. You can still play in French or German if you use the proper client.

In which language will game system announcements be?

Mostly they will be in English. This is due to the fact that most of these messages are based on the server language, not your client.

Will you still translate the new content in French and German?

Yes, we will translate every future update from PWI. They will be available depending on the language of your client. News will keep on being published in French and German as well.

What will be the server time?

Server Time will be EU’s, that is to say CET/CEST.

If you have further question, feel free to post them here. My colleagues and I will keep an eye on this thread, so please do NOT spam or drift from the subject here, as it will make it much easier for us to spot the relevant information.
Cheers!

Update 8/4: In the end Demon/Sage cards won't be wiped during the maintenance. The merge will take place tonight, so make sure you're ready!

Update 8/6: Here are the latest post-merge news:
- We are looking into the account stash issues and will keep you updated!
- If you're missing some toons on the character selection screen: Please make sure that you are logged into the right server and use the arrows located on the left of the screen, next to your character's names. It should allow you to scroll and find your other chars.
- We'll be offering a free Identity Stone to all characters who received a name suffix! Please check this news for more info on the requirements.
Enelimm
Community Manager
----------
[FACEBOOK] [SUPPORT]
Post edited by enelimm on

Comments

• rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    enelimm wrote: »
    ell.

What will be the server time?

Server Time will be EU’s, that is to say CET/CEST.

@enelimm

You do realize that all the ingame events are 14:00 for East coast people right? We would be at work/school. Can;t you merge us with the rest East servers really??

Most of us will quit if that's the case. To compensate this, can we have all the events happening twice in DawnGlory server? Once in EU time frame and the second time in NA time frame
    Post edited by rocky19 on
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    Options
    Excuse me but for years I'm try to get transfer to Morai and get the message its not possible but now you are merging a american server with the European? How on the time differents between those 2 servers? And why it is possible to join those 2 servers form 2 different time zone and You cant transfer my char?
  • thesquee1
    thesquee1 Posts: 44 Arc User
    Options
    What time will NW be? All servers will have to have NW at the same time to cross server this...
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    @enelimm

With regards to the Prefix...

Could you please answer the two questions that have been asked as below.

1. If I have two chars with the same name on two of the the merge servers, if I delete one of them will the Prefix still apply or is this just a set standard?
    2. Will I be able to change my name using the Stone or is the Prefix fixed regardless? (IE even if I was HTHeero200 could I rename to Heero2000) Yes its an example as well for everyone that says you cant use numbers!

Thanks,
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    What would we be if we destroyed your love!
    Don't destroy our love to pvp normal-12.gif There is a huge difference between forced pk mode and optional.

Questions:
    Are server combinations still discussable? Would you change them before actual merging if it were better for the whole community in general?

Is the decision about 3 months TWs seasons final? Also, is it reconsiderable? It's kinda too short, there is not enough time for any decent challenge because of map size.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • marianafix
    marianafix Posts: 23 Arc User
    Options
    about demon/sage event gold, just the ticket will be removed? we still wil have our event gold/boutiqe or it wil be removed?
    there will be another way to get event gold?

i want to know about the time of cross server nw too

sory my bad english :/
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Why does LC have to have the name suffix? We are already being punished enough moving to a PVE server.
    egg-3.gif​​
    Here we go again....
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    please reconsider the 3month tw map reset.
    Almost 30% of that time will be mob tw. 3 months is not enough for proper, real tw's.

Cross server nw will be a seperate event or will it replace a regular nw?
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Options
    Does this mean all NW is server vs. Server now or is the cross pvp event something totally different? ( I do see a system chat advertised during the week that's a different time from our current nw)
  • glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've two questions)

1. Will we lose our event gold / "normal" gold on our accounts or these changes just to affect unredeemed tickets ?
    2. Will ppl with suffixes like "RT" receive free (bond ofc) stone for change name or not ? (W.o. it it'll kinda unfair).
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • sakulv
    sakulv Posts: 28 Arc User
    Options
    This is kinda exciting ;) I cant wait for the new events and stuff ;)

dynavenosbychibizzz2_zps02ce33d3.png

• opalhs
    opalhs Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options
    Is there any chance to transfer EU players from Lost City server to Morai server if thay want?
  • oreowarrior
    oreowarrior Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Instead of CEST and a EU server, can we make it CVT or even AZOST and an Atlantic Ocean server? a 6hr time jump is alot for people living US East. CVT lies between the two time zones, EST(US East) and CEST(Eu). If i'm doing my time conversions correctly, TWs would be at 11am and 5pm EST and 5pm and 11pm for CEST. Events would take place at 5pm EST and 11pm CEST.
  • timasdrub
    timasdrub Posts: 11 Arc User
    Options
    I am an EU player and HL player, who basically only goes to TW's now.

This may surprise some, but i definitely won't go to 13.00 pm wars on Saturday (GMT time). The new 19.00 pm (GMT) war time slot was already previously occupied by the 14.00 pm war (EST), and it was very difficult for me to go to that time slot too.

And why? Jobs aside, People have lives. Weekends is when people usually catch up with friends, go out to dinner and do things you can't do on workdays. These specific time slots, for example, basically tell me: either you eat (since both time slots are basically at my lunch and dinner time) and spend time with friends and family, or you come to this game. No contest there: bye game! I won't eat alone in front of a screen just for TW, nor sacrifice time with loved ones.

Also Europeans, more than you may think, won't take advantage of this. It's not unusual to get home from work at 19.00, 20.00 or even later, so these time slots (even in workdays) are as unavailable as they were before. For some, they will be even more unavailable now.

Basically the 1.00 am (GMT) war was the best time for me, and it's gone with the time change. Guess that means the last thing i found interesting in this game is over for me.

All games i tried (not mentioning names), that didn't allow me to be in an EST timezone, i gave up, since the so-called "time-friendly" zones aren't that friendly to me, and same goes to a lot of other players i know.

On a side note, Morai people also haven't realized one thing, though... 50 gold is 50 Euros if you are in Europe, but if you're in the US, it's 50 Dollars. This has nothing to do with servers, but with your location. The Euro is more expensive than the Dollar, so you will pay more than the average american pays for the same amount of gold, and you will be competing against that from now on. I would expect people to have noticed this already but, apparently, not. And it could have more influence in the economy than you realize at first.

The server changes (especially database-wise) and the announcement of a possible pvp server in the future, to me demonstrates that a server switch option will be available soon (CS, ofc). If that's the case, if i didn't move on to another game, it will make me switch to EST server.

Until then, i'm guessing my online time will be shorter by the day. But well, you can't please everyone.
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    Options
    will there be a normal/alternate way to double account stash size?
  • thejohn77
    thejohn77 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    Can we have more different hours for event ? its always at same time people who from other timezone or who work the evening cannot do any event ! !
  • scruncy
    edited July 2015
    Options
    timasdrub wrote: »

On a side note, Morai people also haven't realized one thing, though... 50 gold is 50 Euros if you are in Europe, but if you're in the US, it's 50 Dollars. This has nothing to do with servers, but with your location. The Euro is more expensive than the Dollar, so you will pay more than the average american pays for the same amount of gold, and you will be competing against that from now on. I would expect people to have noticed this already but, apparently, not. And it could have more influence in the economy than you realize at first.

The server changes (especially database-wise) and the announcement of a possible pvp server in the future, to me demonstrates that a server switch option will be available soon (CS, ofc). If that's the case, if i didn't move on to another game, it will make me switch to EST server.

Until then, i'm guessing my online time will be shorter by the day. But well, you can't please everyone.

a lot of players on morai are not from europe, we got the middle east,south afrika and many more. All those players already charging in USD. Idk in what currency the 500000 russian's on the server pay.But it aint Euro either. I dont think this will make any difference.
  • filipenogueras
    filipenogueras Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Too much worry...
    Just relax and adapt yourself to the new
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    Options
    Please fix The time issue, Harshlands must be a East Coast server time. Every person in Harshlands choose that server, besides the pvp server factor, but because it was an EAST COAST TIME! The EU will be horrible for everyone on the server because of 5 hour time difference. Please merge us with the 2 other east coast servers!
    Everyone who joined the Harshlands joined knowly that it is an east coast server with east coast time events. Please don't **** over everyone on this server for no reason. I and many others will quit this game if this happens because I will not be able to enjoy a game whose events happen at 4 am in the morning. I for one would want a server transfer or a refund for this is definitely not covered in the ToS.
    This is not saying I do not want a merge, I think the game needs it and its a great idea. BUT this server must remain a East coast server there is no sound reason you can make for changing this to a non-east coast. Don't **** over everyone.
    For the EU players on the harshlands, your points of being happy about this are invalid. This was an east coast server and you joined it knowly and accepting that event happen at EST, not EU time.
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Options
    enelimm wrote: »
    ... character limit will be extended up to 16. However, you won’t be able to create new characters if you already have 8 or more in total.

... Both account stashes will be merged into a single, double-sized account stash.

Time to finally have one of each class in same acount. tiger-47.gif And with huge stash.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • oreowarrior
    Options
    Please fix The time issue, Harshlands must be a East Coast server time. Every person in Harshlands choose that server, besides the pvp server factor, but because it was an EAST COAST TIME! The EU will be horrible for everyone on the server because of 5 hour time difference. Please merge us with the 2 other east coast servers!
    Everyone who joined the Harshlands joined knowly that it is an east coast server with east coast time events. Please don't **** over everyone on this server for no reason. I and many others will quit this game if this happens because I will not be able to enjoy a game whose events happen at 4 am in the morning. I for one would want a server transfer or a refund for this is definitely not covered in the ToS.
    This is not saying I do not want a merge, I think the game needs it and its a great idea. BUT this server must remain a East coast server there is no sound reason you can make for changing this to a non-east coast. Don't **** over everyone.
    For the EU players on the harshlands, your points of being happy about this are invalid. This was an east coast server and you joined it knowly and accepting that event happen at EST, not EU time.

-headdesk-
    6hr time difference
    events wont happen at 4am, theyll happen at 2pm.
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options

-headdesk-
    6hr time difference

If an event happens from 8-10pm EST such as nation wars, it will have 2-4am EU time please learn how to tell time differences before responding. Also 2pm would be just as bad because everyone will be at school or working.
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • mintsummer
    mintsummer Posts: 125 admin
    Options
    All event gold/gold/coins will be saved. Only demon/sage ticket will be deleted.
  • timasdrub
    edited July 2015
    Options
    > @scruncy said:
    > timasdrub wrote: »
    >
    >
    > On a side note, Morai people also haven't realized one thing, though... 50 gold is 50 Euros if you are in Europe, but if you're in the US, it's 50 Dollars. This has nothing to do with servers, but with your location. The Euro is more expensive than the Dollar, so you will pay more than the average american pays for the same amount of gold, and you will be competing against that from now on. I would expect people to have noticed this already but, apparently, not. And it could have more influence in the economy than you realize at first.
    >
    > The server changes (especially database-wise) and the announcement of a possible pvp server in the future, to me demonstrates that a server switch option will be available soon (CS, ofc). If that's the case, if i didn't move on to another game, it will make me switch to EST server.
    >
    > Until then, i'm guessing my online time will be shorter by the day. But well, you can't please everyone.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > a lot of players on morai are not from europe, we got the middle east,south afrika and many more. All those players already charging in USD. Idk in what currency the 500000 russian's on the server pay.But it aint Euro either. I dont think this will make any difference.

Actually, you repeating what i said; It has to do with your location, not the game's. And it will have influence since we are not talking about players joining the normal way, but rather a "dump" of players in the same space at the same time. Players that spend. A LOT, trust me.
    Euro space pays in Euros, period. At one point, being in HL, i used to pay 30 something - 40 euros (depending on exchange rate) to get 50 gold, then it changed: 50 Euro=50 gold. Why? Because of European laws, mainly concerning VAT and location of buyer. Right there and then, my money was worth a lot less, all of a sudden - the same thing now cost me 10+ euros more. making it more expensive to get the same things america based players got.
    So in real value, money value, Euro will be on par with Dollar, CS prices wise, even though exchange rates are much different. And yes, this already happens with people from other locations outside Europe, but now, you will get a huge influx of players at once, with bigger disposable income and cheaper buying prices for the same product. I seriously doubt the 500k russians, or others you mentioned charge as much as a few hundred harshlands users i personally know. Not hating there, but i seriously doubt it. Especially when i look at Morai gold prices.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    mintsummer wrote: »
    All event gold/gold/coins will be saved. Only demon/sage ticket will be deleted.

Could you explain this further? Is event gold being removed when people run out or is there going to be another way to gain it?

Also we got event(s?) such as Mondays Celestial Tigers, where you have chance to get said event cards. Will those rewards be adjusted to correspond with the new status of demon/sage tickets?
    ​​
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options

I'd still recommend for people to take their coins out of the AH (200m limit) and account stash (2b limit) since it's not clear how those two will be able to handle overflow when they are combined. The safest place to keep coins will be in your inventory / bank.
    ​​
  • scruncy
    edited July 2015
    Options
    you havent been on morai when thousends of russian's joined server at same time. trust me, we used to that.

And if Harshland players spend as much as you claim, its only good for the server. Gold price will go down then. Cant be worse then the 4m atm.
  • oreowarrior
    Options

-headdesk-
    6hr time difference

If an event happens from 8-10pm EST such as nation wars, it will have 2-4am EU time please learn how to tell time differences before responding. Also 2pm would be just as bad because everyone will be at school or working.

this made me lol.
    Event times wont change. they will still be at 8-10pm. however, we are moving to EU. The events happen at 8-10pm CEST. which is at 2-4pm EST.
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    Options

@mintsummer @enelimm

Could you please give a response about the event times and all the other huge concerns? This event gold **** isnt really that important...
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • timasdrub
    edited July 2015
    Options
    > @scruncy said:
    > you havent been on morai when thousends of russian's joined server at same time. trust me, we used to that.
    >
    > And if Harshland players spend as much as you claim, its only good for the server. Gold price will go down then. Cant be worse then the 4m atm.

Oh, they do. And now with a bigger market looking to buy. No one will sell gold for 2,5- 3 mill anymore, when people are willing to buy for 4. Besides, it's easy to sell gold through WC, bypassing AH and the 4 mill limit. Those that merch gold, of course. I'm mainly talking about people that charge for themselves, and not to sell.

edit: Well, one thing i remembered, that could influence all this. No open pvp + Event times, will probably make most of those people stop charging. Makes no sense charge those amounts of gold for other things. We'll see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.