Server Merge FAQ

Options

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    not nearly the epidemic ? are you **** or should i say mentally challenged how can you not see that someone schedule revolves around the server and now that server ALL the times are getting fuqed up
    If your schedule revolves around a game, you're doing something wrong.

It might be time to find that thing people call a life. normal-47.gif

Yes, the times are getting moved for you people, but it's really not nearly as bad and yall are making out.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • celestial
    celestial Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    shioso wrote: »
    eirghan wrote: »
    Mm no doubt. I guess it's time for the next alt account, right?

no further comment needed, uve just prooven yet again that u got no clue as to what uve just been told

go on trolling, ur not the only one out there with an opinion, the thing that makes u diff from other ppl is that u cant stand when they dont agree with u =)

besides, telling me to stick to the point while im already doing so and at the same time ur not posting anything useful urself makes u even more troll lol

but since MrsSuperSmart (yes, you, since u wont get what im saying anyway) knows everything about me anyway ill just ignore u again like the time before, seems to let u sleep more easily

cheers :)

edit due to ninja post:
    I've gliched my acc stash, and Ive double.
    ATM one must have at least 1 item un the second accstash to keep it up.
    how did u "glitch" ur accstash? (not that id expect an answer, but mightve been an unintentional bug in this case)
    and on PWI server or somewhere on private/russian server?

to get it right, i have to Keep one item permanently somewhere at the bottom of the stash to keep it up?

So yup, the items in stash won't be deleted in the server merge.
  • chucknorristhemighty
    chucknorristhemighty Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sorry, I wont tell XD (Glitches arent supposed to be dissussed on forum).

here a proff.2015_07_31_16_26_32.png
    DW few mins ago
    Edit: yes you must have one item in the bottom.
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    Options
    1 - my point on the names, Any one creating a character right now can only have 12 letters. So what ever the name ppl create, they will add 2 more letter to make it a 14 letter name. So all name will still be unique since player do not have acess to the last 2 letters.

2 - Aint it nice, since that event, where they said " We listen" to be back to a huge treading topic, and still no solid answer from PW. Tell me PW, what exactly are you listening ? Oh that is right the $$ sound only !

3 - remeber the TOS, nothing in this game belong to you. You paid for it, you use it, but it'S not yours, so they will do has they like, and i'm sure the merging of Old and new servers is just to make Gold price go higher. And have more ppl charge.
  • tebra1987
    tebra1987 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Super exited about merge!!! I can't wait o:)
  • unbacano14324
    unbacano14324 Posts: 20 New User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @sylenthunder its called i have a life that works perfectly around the EAST COAST SERVER i chose learn how to read and understand the point here ..besides you play on another server that has nothing to do with the harshlands being forced to eu server so stfu please your comments are irrelevant
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options

here a proff...
    DW few mins ago
    I'm pretty sure there would still be a check that you could only have 16 things in there. Are you able to put more than 16 things in?​​
  • chucknorristhemighty
    chucknorristhemighty Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    asterelle wrote: »

here a proff...
    DW few mins ago
    I'm pretty sure there would still be a check that you could only have 16 things in there. Are you able to put more than 16 things in?​​

Yeah, i can tell.
    It doesn't reset due maintances. After using the 16 first slots, you must use the other 16 manually. I.E. You must drag an item (tokens) then pick and replace with an item in the inventory (Right click doesnt work after 16 slots)

Here is the answer of yor question:
    2015_07_31_23_36_44.jpg
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Someone told me the account stash size thing was a visual type glitch ~ and you could still only put 16 items in there. For myself it happened and i thought it was awesome, then it went back to 16. I personally did not try to put more than 16 items in it. NO clue what happened to get it bigger.

ok ChuckNorris i see your picture http://s12.postimg.org/z3x1acszw/2015_07_31_23_36_44.jpg looks legit ish.
    m5arXCN.png
  • dogofthemoon
    dogofthemoon Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Ok, So I know this is happening a lot in Lost City. But relating to people having the same name and the poor lost city souls getting the bad end of the stick being forced to deal with LC at the end of their name. Would it be possible to go and see when a character was created and the one who was created first got to keep the name? I know a bunch of trolls went to Sanc's server to create names of other players just out of spite. It's really not fair to Lost City and the other server players who get stuck with the suffix just because trolls wanted to troll. If a player genuinely had the name first and wasn't created after the server merge announcement then fair enough.
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    Ok, So I know this is happening a lot in Lost City. But relating to people having the same name and the poor lost city souls getting the bad end of the stick being forced to deal with LC at the end of their name. Would it be possible to go and see when a character was created and the one who was created first got to keep the name? I know a bunch of trolls went to Sanc's server to create names of other players just out of spite. It's really not fair to Lost City and the other server players who get stuck with the suffix just because trolls wanted to troll. If a player genuinely had the name first and wasn't created after the server merge announcement then fair enough.
    You might be able to submit a ticket for that, but I honestly wouldn't hold your breath on it.
    ​​

​​
  • felicity247
    felicity247 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    What if my Demon/Sage ticket is still in my mail will it disappear?
    Will the Demon/Sage ticket only disappear or even the Event Gold in Boutique?
    Can i choose my char where to merge instead? i have a character in Heaven's tear and i want them to move in Europe server.Please!
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    i have 2 questions..

Most likely, Yes.
    Can i choose my char where to merge instead? i have a character in Heaven's tear and i want them to move in Europe server. Please!
    No, you cannot choose.​​

​​
  • dejiavu
    dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
    Options
    As far as 3 month TW's go are they going to change the rules so 1 month isnt wasted with the Tier 1-2 and 3 land?
  • jessika101
    jessika101 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Please fix The time issue, Harshlands must be a East Coast server time. Every person in Harshlands choose that server, besides the pvp server factor, but because it was an EAST COAST TIME! The EU will be horrible for everyone on the server because of 5 hour time difference. Please merge us with the 2 other east coast servers!
    Everyone who joined the Harshlands joined knowly that it is an east coast server with east coast time events. Please don't **** over everyone on this server for no reason. I and many others will quit this game if this happens because I will not be able to enjoy a game whose events happen at 4 am in the morning. I for one would want a server transfer or a refund for this is definitely not covered in the ToS.
    This is not saying I do not want a merge, I think the game needs it and its a great idea. BUT this server must remain a East coast server there is no sound reason you can make for changing this to a non-east coast. Don't **** over everyone.
    For the EU players on the harshlands, your points of being happy about this are invalid. This was an east coast server and you joined it knowly and accepting that event happen at EST, not EU time.

That's not true at all. At least not in my case. When I join this game, and Harshlands, I just joined the first server it gave me. I didn't choose it based on, or knowing anything about it. :open_mouth:

• cheld0rado
    cheld0rado Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    So, finally you made it. Server merge, which is an impossible act to perform as you said for the last 3 years straight.

I got some thoughts on that whole thing myself so, feel free to hook me up and let me know what you think or what the DEVs have told you my precious GMs.

1. Since we can just merge anything. PvP and PvE. US and EU. etc. etc. Why not simply let your customer decide wether they want to go/stay/play.

After giving morai Server to EU I was disappointed since all the work we had to gear up and establish our characters. Lots of EU People would gladly drift to EU sheduled timezone/Events. However thats impossible, so that only poor HL can move there? Rather to say they "must" since like 80%+ will be US citizens and I don't rlly get it to force a majority into different times.

2. Especially the now combining database. Speaking as of what I've seen on LC/S->TT. People on both sides Peak to S and re-create names. Intimidate players and regarding to the latest News "LostCity aquired nameLC if there is a same name on S.

What about either comforting the origin of the name, such as whomever created a char with that name first OR Hand out Identity Stones for those forced to gather nameLC now.

3. Doubled Account Stash. A nice idea. Maybe you could add it up to like umm a seconde Stash Stone will add up more space. A third even more....

Speaking of space. How about increasing bank/cupboards/wardrobe slots?

4. Since my one acc on LC was my bank and main chars on S. Would I have a Chance to switch out my second set of characters for playable chars (speaking of when you had to make a cleric to get any sort of bank from A to B).

Or as it sounds. If I delete any of my 16/16s, it makes my account only 15/15 possible chars?

5. Increasing Competition. Will the new Servers be able to handle all the players? I mean - speaking again of LC and S - west will be horribly crowded by kittens again.

What about caves and stuff? Remaining the 6/6 // 10/10 Limit? Since some things like aba/sot are nearly impossible without ppl who already got their culti/gear.

How players will be able to catch up? R9 is the max for now, but will it remain as max? Leveling itself is easy af nowadays, getting gear (farming HH) rather pointless.

Are we getting more/better Options for coin/exp/spirit?

6. Ressources. Can the new Server have slightly changed coordinates so bots such as p(w)Grind cant work anymore?

In addition, since exp is gone. Can we please regain Frost as farming place?

Also see Point 8) & 9).

7. Housing - a big topic. Will it come to PWI at all someday? Guild Base is a good thing and is a good thing, just not for any individual.

Left side of the map has lots of space. Lets get a use of it, shall we?!

8.DQ - DQ rewards. Yes, No, Maybe? Been announced to find a equivalent replacement. Still waiting. Also for this topic: Spoils of War/Keeper of Treasure.

Since removal of DQs value nobody collects it anyways. But now since just "being PvE" a sin cannot use the skill at all, so its pretty useless even though sins farm fast most random Drops are without a value. See Point 9).

Will sins get a refund or anything pretty please? Like a different use of the skill or a different skill instead, like a usefull one such as forcing PvP mode in our enemy for like 30sec.

9. Revalueing of items. Most common drop still is a DQ item. However they are only as worthy as any ammo, yet not as much stackable.

Since Stripping its value, and the removal of the DQ System (see Point 8)), now potions lost all their value too. Not to mention that gear value dropped lots. Infact if we had logic within this game 130k of materials produce a ~1k item.

10. Evaluating new stuff is important, however "new" Celestials Vale >>>QUEST<<< items appear in the normal bag. This might need some work.

I hope so much that I get any answer soon. So I can atleast do some prep before the merge happens.....

@all. Still I'd recommend Screening any valueable items you hold. Just to have a proof if you end up loosing anything.

Cheers,
    Chelsix
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    Options
    Since servers are forced to get their names changed, I suggest the following trollish idea.

Make multiple factions named ILILILILIII because they will appear as IIIIIII with our current font. Have all members changed their names to different combinations of the same thing. The whole server will be played in anonymity. No one will know who is talking and there will be no sense of hate targeting or focus targeting. Also, all players of the same classes should wear the same fashion.
  • mya
    mya Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    I am blown away that finally this game wants to make a merge happen, yet for years we've all been told there was no way in hell it could or would happen. Alright so with that said then how about you give everyone a one time option/choice to make a choice to pick the server they want to merge with. PvP merging with the PvE server is stupid and I dont see why anyone would think that would make sense. If the merge it self it can finally happen, then why not let your players pick for themselves. Alot of people invest their money into their gears or invested alot of their time as well. Its truly not fair to the players. Also this seems like this is coming out of nowhere in such a short amount of time and not a early notice lol. Reminds me of PWMY where they did merge and then basically shut down. I wouldn't be surpised if this game was going that route. Im prepared to uninstall this game anyways, but it was fun and enteraining I will admit. I still have my CD rom of the game I got through the mail. Good times, but for sure its time to move on. RIP pwi.
  • noctusvenator
    noctusvenator Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    cheld0rado wrote: »

Will sins get a refund or anything pretty please? Like a different use of the skill or a different skill instead, like a usefull one such as forcing PvP mode in our enemy for like 30sec.

Suuuure, give Assassins a refund/new skill... but Venos also need a refund/new skills to replace bramble hood and the swimming mastery as Swimming Mastery hasn't worked in 7 years or more and Bramble Hood doesnt reflect damage in open world PVP.

Pwi just doesnt give refunds/new skills when they nerf old skills. You can still use the skill you have its just that using it would be pointless. :)
  • jehu50
    jehu50 Posts: 54 Arc User
    Options
    When I joined Harshlands there wasnt a EU option I've played n gone to events at stupid o'clock my UK time, so I look forward to TW at 7pm rather than 1am for example. I'm sure the East coast folk could suck it up like had to if they tried!!
  • noctusvenator
    noctusvenator Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    jehu50 wrote: »
    When I joined Harshlands there wasnt a EU option I've played n gone to events at stupid o'clock my UK time, so I look forward to TW at 7pm rather than 1am for example. I'm sure the East coast folk could suck it up like had to if they tried!!

I also play Harshlands and have since a month after server launched and I also play from the UK and my real life commitments such as work will make it impossible for me to make nearly all of the events after the merg, I will be forced to miss the 1pm Territory wars (2pm server time) I will also miss celestial Tiger event, thursday Resource wars and Friday Nation Wars so yeah, please do not attempt to make it sound like this merge is ONLY bad for east coast players as with the current Harshlands server times i can make every event except the Friday Nation Wars and there are many other EU people who are against the merge because of event times.
  • nickzinn
    nickzinn Posts: 19 Arc User
    Options
    I do not know how they can solve,

What will they do with the bills that have 8 characters on both servers?

I have 8 characters on a server and the other 3. I can not lose any (because the use of them face the code), because I like them and I need the support of you. Similarly they will use the database of codes to put on united server is the same service put into a separate account, you have to make an exception, please, I spent on this game for more than five years, need help me this one request.
    It has to be a way, I choose characters to change account if I will not be harmed.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    I wonder how many months it will take them to make new server subforums.​​
  • mya
    mya Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You should grant all players from harshlands the ability to start over on another server with instant level 105 105 105 on another server. Then give them the option to have either the full set of rank 9 gear or rank 9 weapon. This will make up for moving our server from pvp to pve and -muffin- up the server time. Also make nation have two different level ranges 60- 99 and 100+​​
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on
  • acisse
    acisse Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Will we be losing event gold? I would love to know so I can use it all tomorrow if I need to.
  • cashmeare
    cashmeare Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options
    Will the Demon/Sage ticket only disappear or even the Event Gold in Boutique?
    Can i choose my char where to merge instead? i have a character in Heaven's tear and i want them to move in Europe server.Please!

use it or u will loose it, don't leave it in mail or bank or inv, use it before the maint
  • cashmeare
    cashmeare Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options
    acisse wrote: »
    Will we be losing event gold? I would love to know so I can use it all tomorrow if I need to.

only the tickets are going away not event gold use all tickets the event gold will still be there
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    Options
    So the biggest complaint with Harshlands is the event times.

The main TW is at 8pm server, so this means that it would change from 8pm Eastern to 4pm Eastern. Pretty much the same times for NW also.
    The afternoon TW is at 2pm, which would make it 10am Eastern.
    The early morning TW (rare) is at 9am, which would make it 5am Eastern.

Overall, since these all occur on Saturday and Sunday, the only real issue will be with the Friday NW battles occurring while most people are still at, or getting off, work; and also with the very rare 5am TW time slot. (Which is really only ever seen in the first week or two of the TW season.)

Basically, now your evening has been freed up to go out with friends, or to a late movie. It also makes the Sunday NW way better for those who have jobs to go to on Monday morning.

Are you guys looking at the times in the right direction? I keep seeing people complain about early morning battles.
    This is nothing like what Europeans playing on East/West coast servers have had to put up with, where their TW times were 3am for a West coast server, or midnight for a East coast server.​​

you are wrong by 2 hours. tw was 2am/5am. not midnight/3am.

it is 10:17am in middle europe as i speak and 01:17am on the west coast.
  • eddienoble6
    eddienoble6 Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    are there and will there be any AU servers? I hate playing with so much lag
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    Options
    reaperarm1 wrote: »
    jsxshadow -"Seriously guys. Calm down. Try it." um how about NO soooooooooooo you just going to brush off the fact of the higher ping ? you are just going to forget about the events and times that they occur and how people picked this server specifically to work with the schedule they live by if you picked the wrong server that sucks for you but now the people that chose this server specifically for the times thats unfair and plus what would a pve server know about spending thousands just to compete in pvp of coarse you dont care cause 95 % you guys are geared for pve and say good bye to RW harshlands

Maybe it's just me but i've already noticed a substantial activity drop on HL already. Maybe alot are already quitting? I'm sure alot will quit for sure after experiencing playing on an EU server from the U.S.. They're gonna love that high ping and missing events while they're at work or asleep. RW is gonna be a joke for those that manage to attend it with all the blue names attacking their carts they can't do anything about.

Yep sure sounds like this merge is gonna be loads of fun...

a) HLs activity was this low for the past year already..or maybe they are all busy with their little alts/scouts on Morai westcity.
    b) you know what HL RW is like? every faction meets somewhere for a mass free for all and the carts/bases get ignored.
    you dont need RW for that....
This discussion has been closed.