Server Merges

Options

Comments

• voluminous
    voluminous Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    -snip- And killed the cashshopper, WHO EVEN ZEN on a PvE server? They don't even need to bind an emperor. So friendly, friendly games will die off.
    capnk wrote: »
    Lol Lost City players won't even be able to say the name of their own server.

Well it looks like both pvp servers got screwed (Harshlands due to EU times, LC players going to ragequit when they see Sanctuary prices). But I'm kind of excited for this change and it's going to be interesting to say the least.
    capnk wrote: »
    Lol Lost City players won't even be able to say the name of their own server.

Well it looks like both pvp servers got screwed (Harshlands due to EU times, LC players going to ragequit when they see Sanctuary prices). But I'm kind of excited for this change and it's going to be interesting to say the least.

Sanctuary coins is USELESS, it's all about botting time. PWI is a lousy game
    asterelle wrote: »
    Anyone has any idea if this server merge gonna afect gold price and such things?
    1) Look at the gold price on your server
    2) Look at the gold price on the other server

The merged server will probably have a gold price between those two.

If you people see any server's golds at 3,500,000 Coins, means the supply is low and demand is high = NO CASH SPENDERS

If you people see any server's golds at lower than 75% of the max 4m price, means the supply is average and demand is still high.

If you people see any server's golds at as low as 1million coins, the GAME is attracting TONS of cash spenders.

PWI you can simply see HOW YOUR GAME IS DOING FROM JUST THE GOLD MARKET "Auctioneer". All you people did was to make it higher and higher. Lousy management.

IMPORTANT:Reset all coins owned by players, all mobs doesn't drop nothing, and all PvP. You will see your INCOME RISE. Main goal make cash spenders willing to spend.
    ​​
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    voluminous wrote: »
    Anyone has any idea if this server merge gonna afect gold price and such things?

If you people see any server's golds at 3,500,000 Coins, means the supply is low and demand is high = NO CASH SPENDERS

If you people see any server's golds at lower than 75% of the max 4m price, means the supply is average and demand is still high.

If you people see any server's golds at as low as 1million coins, the GAME is attracting TONS of cash spenders.

PWI you can simply see HOW YOUR GAME IS DOING FROM JUST THE GOLD MARKET "Auctioneer". All you people did was to make it higher and higher. Lousy management.

IMPORTANT:Reset all coins owned by players, all mobs doesn't drop nothing, and all PvP. You will see your INCOME RISE. Main goal make cash spenders willing to spend.
    haha I remember when we complained that gold was getting over 100k.

I also heard someone silly on LC state that gold is lower on PvE servers because there is less demand for it due to not needing to be geared up for PvP. At the same time gold on LC was at 3.2m and gold on Sanc was 3.5m, so I guess he was wrong. normal-42.gif

Imagine if Wanmei/PWE set the gold to always be fixed at a single price. How would that affect the economy?
    ​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    Imagine if Wanmei/PWE set the gold to always be fixed at a single price. How would that affect the economy?

not at all because players would just sell gold on worldchat or sell the items for a higher price. (or lower depending on how high wanmei would put the pricelock)

Also gold went up in price not because people had a huge demand for it its just... there is just so much money in the game that a goldprice of 1mil would just be impossible for what the boutique holds.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • voluminous
    Options

I also heard someone silly on LC state that gold is lower on PvE servers because there is less demand for it due to not needing to be geared up for PvP. At the same time gold on LC was at 3.2m and gold on Sanc was 3.5m, so I guess he was wrong. normal-42.gif

​​

​​

Fixed gold price will end the game, if it's a PvE server sooner to die off than a PvP Server.

Silly dumb people exist everywhere, I'm NOT THE SILLY one.
  • voluminous
    Options
    razzzza wrote: »

not at all because players would just sell gold on worldchat or sell the items for a higher price. (or lower depending on how high wanmei would put the pricelock)

Also gold went up in price not because people had a huge demand for it its just... there is just so much money in the game that a goldprice of 1mil would just be impossible for what the boutique holds.​​

Golds price up means coins are too much. And cash spenders too little.
  • voluminous
    Options

​​

Make no coins from mobs, only from bh. And reset all coins that everyone have. And all PvP server. Golds will be lower in price.
  • noctusvenator
    noctusvenator Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I notice that in here as with the other threads there are alot of EU players saying 'haha now harshlands feels how we felt for that last few years' well this is just BS.

I am a EU player who plays Harshlands and this merge actually makes things worse for me, I can stay up late for all events except friday NW right now if i really want to with little to no problem other than being a little tired the next day. However, with the upcoming merge I will be able to make maybe 40% of the timed events because of my work and rl commitments. I started playing PWI about 1 month after Harshlands was launched and before there was a EU server and I am happy I did, I love the people there and all of the events are timed at a point where I can attend (even if slightly inconvinient at times). EU players do NOT get to complain about the times of events on a east coast server because unless they were really oblivious when they started then they knew it was a american server and there would be things they would be unable to do.

Forcing a entire server of people to switch to another timezone (one 6 hours ahead of them no less) is just wrong. Harshlands also had a few West coast players who joined the server for one reason or another, this will make it near impossible for them to compete and the server does not need to be 'made to feel how all the EU players have felt.' The people who this benefit on the Harshlands server are in the minority. People WILL quit pwi because of this as some people only play this game for the PVP and the competative Territory Wars but with the TW times being moved to I think 7am east coast time and 4pm (correct me if I am wrong) many will be unable to attend due to work. Being unable to attend PVP event such as Territory Wars and Nation Wars will cause people to lose intrest in gearing up their character which will result in them charging less gold, playing the game less and eventually quitting all together.

This is only a Issue with the Harshlands~Morai Merge so i really hope they do something to time events in a way everyone can attend as it seems the other servers are being merged with a compatable time zone server and as Morai is already the result of a Server Merge they should have merged Harshlands into the East Coast server.
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Kitty thinks there's one issue that most "Harshlands should be merged with DW+RT"-people miss. That would be merging name databases of 3 entire servers. 2 server should be already hard enough for them as they have to deal with 2 same names on both RT and DW(and if there's possibly people with RT-suffix already on RT or DW, how to deal with that). Doing name database merge from 3 servers makes things even more complicated (and they quite obviously chose to stick with 2 to have a lesser risk of totally fawking up).

It probably wouldn't be easy to make the whatever suffix-adding program/bot/whatever to recognize how many servers have same name and which ones have, unless some weird prioritizing system was added(about 4 times as complicated as "DW+RT name match -> add RT-suffix"). Unless they do the whole thing manually (which Kitty seriously believes ish not the case, at least she hopes so).

The reason they chose HL to merge with Morai ish probably HL being least populated among east coast servers, Kitty guesses.
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • noctusvenator
    noctusvenator Posts: 37 Arc User
    Options
    Kitty thinks there's one issue that most "Harshlands should be merged with DW+RT"-people miss. That would be merging name databases of 3 entire servers. 2 server should be already hard enough for them as they have to deal with 2 same names on both RT and DW(and if there's possibly people with RT-suffix already on RT or DW, how to deal with that). Doing name database merge from 3 servers makes things even more complicated (and they quite obviously chose to stick with 2 to have a lesser risk of totally fawking up).

It probably wouldn't be easy to make the whatever suffix-adding program/bot/whatever to recognize how many servers have same name and which ones have, unless some weird prioritizing system was added(about 4 times as complicated as "DW+RT name match -> add RT-suffix"). Unless they do the whole thing manually (which Kitty seriously believes ish not the case, at least she hopes so).

The reason they chose HL to merge with Morai ish probably HL being least populated among east coast servers, Kitty guesses.
    ​​

I agree that the reason they probably chose to merge Harshlands with Morai was probably because of the low population on Harshlands but merging Harshlands with Morai is still merging 3 server name databases because if i remember correctly Moma and Lothranis had seperate name databases (I will admit it IS possible I am wrong on that.)

• iffy22
    iffy22 Posts: 20 Arc User
    Options

​​

I agree that the reason they probably chose to merge Harshlands with Morai was probably because of the low population on Harshlands but merging Harshlands with Morai is still merging 3 server name databases because if i remember correctly Moma and Lothranis had seperate name databases (I will admit it IS possible I am wrong on that.)

moma and lothranis had the same name database, due to the fact that they were designed specifically so that if the eu pop got too low on each, they could be merged. According to Sylen on an earlier thread.
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    Options
    iffy22 wrote: »

​​

moma and lothranis had the same name database, due to the fact that they were designed specifically so that if the eu pop got too low on each, they could be merged. According to Sylen on an earlier thread.

I can confirm this.
    For that reason it was a very easier merge to do. And no name had been renamed.
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options

​​
    With all due respect Sylen, even when gold cost is up due to the most enticing sales, it rarely breaks the 3m mark.
    Gold prices are at an unprecedented high right now due to the merge. People are trying to buy low on LC to sell high after the merge. Likewise, prices have also gone down on Sanctuary server for the same reason.

alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options

​​

Make no coins from mobs, only from bh. And reset all coins that everyone have. And all PvP server. Golds will be lower in price.

Since a mod delated my last comment (but I understand that since the meme I posted was inapropiate and against the forums rules but thats what I felt upon reading what you wrote) i will express my feeling upon this again.

1 All pvp servers?
    No. I understand that people from pvp arent happy about all servers will become pve. PWI should have merge the 2 pvp servers togheter since they can merge servers from different time zones and regions. But making all servers pvp would make players that chose pve servers feel the way the ones that chosed pvp servers feel now. I already express my feeling about why I dont like pvp servers so I wont repeat myself.Lets just say that the ''good feelin'' that some pvp players are feeling when they try to get in a safe zone and they get atacked and they try to fight back or escape would be a ''bad feeling'' for players like me.
    2 Reset all coins that everyone have?
    Are you sugesting that all coins that players hev should become 0? I hope its not this. Imagine the player that took time to farm 1bilion coins.
    3 make no coins from mobs?
    the number of players that are making coins from mobs was reduced since the nerfing of dq and items.Most of the players pick the coins from mobs to have it for repairs.
    only from bh?
    how? those 2 and 5 milions arent given everytime you do a bh or are you sugesting that bh100 to give 2 or 5 milions everytime?

giphy.gif

• voluminous
    Options

​​

Since a mod delated my last comment (but I understand that since the meme I posted was inapropiate and against the forums rules but thats what I felt upon reading what you wrote) i will express my feeling upon this again.

1 All pvp servers?
    No. I understand that people from pvp arent happy about all servers will become pve. PWI should have merge the 2 pvp servers togheter since they can merge servers from different time zones and regions. But making all servers pvp would make players that chose pve servers feel the way the ones that chosed pvp servers feel now. I already express my feeling about why I dont like pvp servers so I wont repeat myself.Lets just say that the ''good feelin'' that some pvp players are feeling when they try to get in a safe zone and they get atacked and they try to fight back or escape would be a ''bad feeling'' for players like me.
    Are you sugesting that all coins that players hev should become 0? I hope its not this. Imagine the player that took time to farm 1bilion coins.
    the number of players that are making coins from mobs was reduced since the nerfing of dq and items.Most of the players pick the coins from mobs to have it for repairs.
    only from bh?
    how? those 2 and 5 milions arent given everytime you do a bh or are you sugesting that bh100 to give 2 or 5 milions everytime?

1) All PvP Servers? Yes! Cash Spenders will only spend cash to make their individual character powerful and able to see the power to kill daily. TW it's a team effort, cash spenders doesn't care about that.

2)Reset all coins? Yes! Cash Spenders will only spend cash when the rate is fair. Cash spenders with cash to spend are people who are able to make extra money to spend in game. So, they aren't dumb.

3)Make No coins from mobs? Yes! Why is there a need to farm? No coins from mobs doesn't effect the economy. It's help the inflation to grow very slowly. The game wants Cash Spenders not farmers.

BH 100 gives too much $$. It should just gives at most 500,000 coins instead of 5million.
  • voluminous
    Options

​​

1 All pvp servers?
    only from bh?

1) All PvP Servers? Yes! Cash Spenders will only spend cash to make their individual character powerful and able to see the power to kill daily. TW it's a team effort, cash spenders doesn't care about that.

2)Reset all coins? Yes! Cash Spenders will only spend cash when the rate is fair. Cash spenders with cash to spend are people who are able to make extra money to spend in game. So, they aren't dumb.

3)Make No coins from mobs? Yes! Why is there a need to farm? No coins from mobs doesn't effect the economy. It's help the inflation to grow very slowly. The game wants Cash Spenders not farmers.

BH 100 gives too much $$. It should just gives at most 500,000 coins instead of 5million.

PvE server = Everyone to serve the botters.

PvE server cannot attract cash spenders due to limited PvP Targets. Cash spenders wants supremacy and the game must allow it to show that to them always. PWI have to sell all those items that were needed to be farmed to be on PWI boutique for cash spenders to buy. Like primal bloods etc.

PvE failure to attract cash spenders will then have botters to be the ones with coins to purchase items that were farmed by the farmers. So everyone will serve the one with the most coins willing to spend, BOTTERs!
  • advoc
    advoc Posts: 84 Arc User
    Options
    You guys make it sound like death is around every corner on pvp servers. Which is completely false.

LC is dead. Just wandering around arch and farming spots shows that. Most are even new players, so picking areas farmed before hypers means there's no one around, ever. I bot on LC without issue, simply because there isn't enough people to worry about dying.

And it's been like that for a while; basically since FCC first allowed hypering. It's been a constant complaint how empty the world map in LC was since then.

So if everyone is so hardcore pvp, they should all be flipping to white name once the merge happens. Which means they will be playing the exact same way against everyone they've been playing with this whole time. The only difference is they will have many more white named targets to go against with the influx of new white named players. And it's not as if people wouldn't hide in SZ anyways on LC as is, now they'll just go blue name and still be mocked as a coward regardless.

There really is only a few things that will be different; RW, morai event (that few people do), and killing bots. That's about it. Everyone is focusing on the ones they won't be allowed to kill, instead of the fact the number of targets they can kill will be going up tremendously. And botters can be griefed with some high powered range being dropped on them, and having all kills stolen from them.
  • voluminous
    Options
    advoc wrote: »
    You guys make it sound like death is around every corner on pvp servers. Which is completely false.

LC is dead. Just wandering around arch and farming spots shows that. Most are even new players, so picking areas farmed before hypers means there's no one around, ever. I bot on LC without issue, simply because there isn't enough people to worry about dying.

And it's been like that for a while; basically since FCC first allowed hypering. It's been a constant complaint how empty the world map in LC was since then.

So if everyone is so hardcore pvp, they should all be flipping to white name once the merge happens. Which means they will be playing the exact same way against everyone they've been playing with this whole time. The only difference is they will have many more white named targets to go against with the influx of new white named players. And it's not as if people wouldn't hide in SZ anyways on LC as is, now they'll just go blue name and still be mocked as a coward regardless.

There really is only a few things that will be different; RW, morai event (that few people do), and killing bots. That's about it. Everyone is focusing on the ones they won't be allowed to kill, instead of the fact the number of targets they can kill will be going up tremendously. And botters can be griefed with some high powered range being dropped on them, and having all kills stolen from them.

LC players, log in to PvP, and dont farm much simple.
  • voluminous
    Options

LC players, log in to PvP, and dont farm much simple. Why we need to farm when we spend real cash to buy what we need to PvP.

• voluminous
    Options

We cashshoppers do not like people who uses Bots to earn and spends coins. We cashshoppers like to PvP people who spends real cash too.
  • advoc
    Options
    Then you chose the wrong game to play, because this game has been out since 2008. When one gold mat was worth 300 gold. Everyone who's been around that long can end game without having spent anything.
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    syltenthunder know it all can eat crow now. egg-2.gif

I never said it was impossible, just very difficult and costly. Looks like they finally decided it would be better for them economically to spend money on doing it. The CM's response was always "not gunna happen" as well.

Now, who wants to make bets about how badly they **** it up?

Edit: really? "S.cr.e.w" is censored?​​
    No bet there.

Anyone gonna place wagers on the compensation they'll be giving out when the maintenance takes a few days longer then the projected 10+ hours? :D

And yes. Twisting nuts should be censored. :smile:

For me, as a Morai PVE player (willfully chose a PVE server, since I do not enjoy PvP being forced upon me), I'm a little worried about the Harshlands folk coming in. Sure, they'll have some willing victims pvp-ers who frequently cry for PvP at west (*cough*Joe*cough*) but since it appears that PWI has chosen to host that server in Amsterdam, the US East folk will have to connect over the transatlantic backbone, which means -at least- a ping of 200. Which in PvP can make quite a difference. In PvE not so much. The time difference can also be annoying, 'though for the diehard players that won't matter too much I think.

I also worry about the PvP a-holes, the ones that have their fun at the expense of others. On a PvP server they can do that almost anywhere (and get femaledogslapped by people's mains when you annoy an alt). On a PvE server there's only a select few areas where you can freely attack players who don't have PvP mode set... Primal Caravan daily, Cube of Fate where you port in...
    I also worry a little about the NW and the survivability of the smaller TW factions. The one I'm in - Yiska, for instance. We already have some 5 big TW factions on Morai, if 3-4 HL factions want a slice of that pizza too, we're gonna have a crowded map. The shorter TW seasons are nice though, means that small factions can at least keep trying at the start of a season - snatch a land or two that way.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    Options
    2015 and botting is still a thing? what are we gonna bot, 120 coins per mob?
  • bloodedone87
    Options

I dont care if death is around every corner on pvp servers or not.
    I want 0 risk. I repeat 0( zero) when I am doing my dailies. I want to go in a place and do what i have to do there without the minimum posibility that a pvp player be camped there and atack me as soon I arrive in that place.
    I like to chose when to fight and not.
    Sorry that you will lose your pvp server but dont try to force it upon our throat pls.
    giphy.gif

• advoc
    Options

I dont care if death is around every corner on pvp servers or not.
    I want 0 risk. I repeat 0( zero) when I am doing my dailies. I want to go in a place and do what i have to do there without the minimum posibility that a pvp player be camped there and atack me as soon I arrive in that place.
    I like to chose when to fight and not.
    Sorry that you will lose your pvp server but dont try to force it upon our throat pls.

You completely misread what I wrote. It wouldn't even make sense from a pvp stand-point, as there would be no turning white name or blue name; it would be auto-white. I was pointing out how pvp won't be losing anything from what they have by merging into a PvE server, aside from a few things. But you'd think the marked increase in pvp targets (from what I've seen, LC will be getting at least double the targets) would make them not care about it. Instead they seem to want to focus on what they can't kill, instead of the much larger amount they can attack.
  • indiaecho
    indiaecho Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    People on Sanctuary take great delight in getting botters killed through their own stupidity and there is nothing like seeing a botter run around an area because all the monsters have been killed and respawned out of the botting range. We may not have pvp but we have our own kind of fun.
  • bloodedone87
    Options
    indiaecho wrote: »
    People on Sanctuary take great delight in getting botters killed through their own stupidity and there is nothing like seeing a botter run around an area because all the monsters have been killed and respawned out of the botting range. We may not have pvp but we have our own kind of fun.

You do realize that auto cultivation system is legal in the game no?
    A player that sets his toon to kill mobs while he does other things in real life is not against rules.
    So whats the idea of stoping him?
    giphy.gif

• Deceptistar
    Deceptistar Posts: 62 Arc User
    Options
    oh god sanct is gonna wreck LC gold prices lol This place is like the merchants galapagos island
    lagunal8.deviantart.com I'M HERE SINCE 2008 BISHES! wahaha... D:
    ★New weekly quests! Discover the bug in the patch-Nihillae★My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony.-Neurosis★You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life.-Ninnuam★A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them-ilystah★[How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours.-ColdSteele★If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★This thread is a joke right? Please say yes.-eatwithspoons★This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth.-Alacol★Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution.-Asterelle★Shoo troll >:O-TheDan★People who chose to be a PvE server is a dirt poor choice of life. They want a state of mind where everything is free and safe. All losers.-voluminous
  • unbarb
    unbarb Posts: 68 Arc User
    Options
    THE ONLY SOLUTION ABOUT HARSHLAND PLAYERS LIVING IN US ABOUT TO NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY ON EU IS:
    -> ENABLE SERVER TRANSFER AFTER THE SERVER ARE MERGED INTO 4, SO THE MINORITY OF PLAYERS PLAYING IN HARSHLAND AND LIVING IN EU WILL BE PLAYING ON AN EU SERVER AND THE MAJORITY OF THEM LIVING IN US WILL TRANSFER THEIR CHARACTERS TO THE EAST COAST SERVER.

Here are the eligibility and restrictions about server merge...
    - You can't transfer your characters if you are in a faction or married...
    - You must not have gold in AH, no items in AH or commission shop...
    - If someone has your name on the server you going to, you get a free name change...

HOW THE PLAYERS LIVING IN US WILL PLAY ON THAT NEW DAWNGLORY SERVER ? THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TW or NW or ANY OTHER EVENT! I DONT THINK THE ARC EMPLOYEES CARE ABOUT THOSE PLAYERS...
  • Deceptistar
    Deceptistar Posts: 62 Arc User
    Options
    It would be funny if only the LC chars got a 24/7 force PVP status on this new PVE server lol...
    lagunal8.deviantart.com I'M HERE SINCE 2008 BISHES! wahaha... D:
    ★New weekly quests! Discover the bug in the patch-Nihillae★My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony.-Neurosis★You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life.-Ninnuam★A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them-ilystah★[How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours.-ColdSteele★If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★This thread is a joke right? Please say yes.-eatwithspoons★This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth.-Alacol★Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution.-Asterelle★Shoo troll >:O-TheDan★People who chose to be a PvE server is a dirt poor choice of life. They want a state of mind where everything is free and safe. All losers.-voluminous
  • voluminous
    Options
    It would be funny if only the LC chars got a 24/7 force PVP status on this new PVE server lol...

This idea is great. Lost City players will be forced PvP mode. All Sanc people will NEVER HAVE PK MODE. In TWLIGHT TEMPLE SERVER. Sanc people doesn't derserve to PvP with bots coins.