Server Merges

Options

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Wow. I can't believe we're actually getting server merges. I simply never expected it would happen. It will definitely not save PWI, but it should increase the activity of the servers for a few months, I believe. Things will be interesting for sure.

However, it is really weird how they chose the pairs. I really think Lost City and Harshlands should merge together. Then they can keep their PvP server status and the timezone change for Harshlands won't be too big. On the other hand, then it will be another server that will have to deal with the drastic timezone change, but I guess it's better to do only one bad thing instead of two.

Too bad I'm going on vacation, I'll miss the fun. Hope it's still around when I come back.
    ​​
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I can't wait to watch CT get Destroyed. ​​
    Here we go again....
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    Wow. I can't believe we're actually getting server merges. I simply never expected it would happen. It will definitely not save PWI, but it should increase the activity of the servers for a few months, I believe. Things will be interesting for sure.

However, it is really weird how they chose the pairs. I really think Lost City and Harshlands should merge together. Then they can keep their PvP server status and the timezone change for Harshlands won't be too big. On the other hand, then it will be another server that will have to deal with the drastic timezone change, but I guess it's better to do only one bad thing instead of two.

Too bad I'm going on vacation, I'll miss the fun. Hope it's still around when I come back.
    ​​

NUUUU, HL stays with Morai!!! HL is the server with the most ppl I really desire to fight. It's like a dream come true for me! Don't destroy my dream XD
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »

NUUUU, HL stays with Morai!!! HL is the server with the most ppl I really desire to fight. It's like a dream come true for me! Don't destroy my dream XD

I'm wondering if you didn't have the same expectations when Momaganon merged into Lothranis, before getting dissapointed.
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    Options
    Well, if you PWI retains EU time for DawnGlory server, expect more than half-HL population to quit. Can't play from work.
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • xmeowbabyx
    xmeowbabyx Posts: 48 Arc User
    Options
    Demon/Sage event gold tickets will be removed and are non-reimbursable, so make sure to cash them out before the big day! ==== guessing this means to spend any event gold you have before the merge o.o
    K1WlJi2.png
  • skorzeny
    skorzeny Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Nope,just turn sage/demon event cards to event gold.Gold will stay on ur char.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    Anyone has any idea if this server merge gonna afect gold price and such things?
    giphy.gif

• tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    Options
    Anyone has any idea if this server merge gonna afect gold price and such things?
    Of course we all know the answer. But we won't telll you anything. You will be the only one which won't know it till it happens.
  • crimsonskiss
    crimsonskiss Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    shioso wrote: »
    rocky19 wrote: »
    Am glad servers are getting merged but EU time? Lot of Harshlands peeps won't be able to do ANY EVENTS or TWs. Hope you make TW times as centralized between EU and East Coast.
    Please fix The time issue, Harshlands must be a East Coast server time. Every person in Harshlands choose that server, besides the pvp server factor, but because it was an EAST COAST TIME! The EU will be horrible for everyone on the server because of 5 hour time difference. Please merge us with the 2 other east coast servers!
    tek1nig wrote: »
    I chose an east coast server specifically due to me living on the east coast. . . Please fix this
    I literally cannot merge with the EU server to become an EU server. Events would be for me around 1pm to 3pm instead of 7pm-9pm. Most people chose Harshlands because of the time zone being East. Switching to EU time is completely illogical. Please, fix this horrible mess of an idea.
    Sutrt, Please fix The time issue, Harshlands must be a East Coast server time. Every person in Harshlands choose that server, besides the pvp server factor, but because it was an EAST COAST TIME! The EU will be horrible for everyone on the server because of 5 hour time difference. Please merge us with the 2 other east coast servers!

after several years as EU player on an US server i can FINALLY give ALL THE GOOD ADVICES (/sarcasm) back to every US person out there:
    - "if u dont like the event times go switch to a different server and start over, it's not that hard to get the stuff u got here over there"
    - "it's not that bad to get up at 5am for tw/nw/rw/..."
    - "if u dont like it either deal with it or either quit or restart somewhere else"

u think 5h timedifference sux ****? try 8-10 :3

:*<3:#

This +100000000 LOL,
    Euro players had to deal with it and got the stupid reply like switch or choose anotehr server.. Wenn i first started there where no Euro Servers yet.
  • jealousof2hotmen
    jealousof2hotmen Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    Arch is a PvE server in the first place....Lol Why not just make it more funner...By splitting Nation wars into Dark nations (Heavens tear) Frost Nation (Arch server) Light nation (Dreamweaver server) and Flame nation (Eu Server) Would be pretty Exciting.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    1) Look at the gold price on your server
    2) Look at the gold price on the other server

The merged server will probably have a gold price between those two.
    ​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    Imagine this:

Back in 2008 you find this really awesome game called PWI. Since you come from Europe you have to chose the least bad server choice, east. You go play for a couple of years, level up several toons, gearing them, making friends, maybe spend a little cash here and there. After a couple of years you have a couple of really well-geared toons and have a lot of good friends. Sure, you've been a bit annoyed at times that you can't participate in the weekly events, but hey, you managed to do well anyway.

Now it's 2012, and this new event called Nation Wars just arrived. You can't participate in this event either, cause it starts at 2am, but this time it's an event that actually matter. You need this event to be able to gear up, to keep progressing in the game. You get a bit angry cause now, for the first time in the four years you've played the game, missing an event actually hinders your progress. You come to the forums asking that maybe they could change one time slot for this event to be just a little bit earlier. Maybe have it start 2 hours earlier, so you just have to stay up until 2 am. But no change is made, and every time you mention it to someone you just get told that you should change server and start over or just deal with it and get up at 2 am.

So, Harshland players. If you don't like what happens maybe you should just change server and start over? Or deal with it, just start playing a bit earlier. How hard can it be?

Even thou revenge is sweet, I actually agree that US players should not have to change to EU time. The best option would be, in my opinion, free server transfers to 3 different new servers, one west coast, one east coast and one EU. That way everyone can go to the one that fits them the best.

Again its not the same. Better comparison would be had Mora been changed to eastern time PvP server. When you made the toon to PWI, years ago, you knew it was NA timezone game and event times would cater to NA players. I am from Europe and these arguments how its the same thing are really bad, its not. We knowingly chose to play on server, which didnt cater to our timezones. Its way different from changing servers timezone, which you chose because it catered to your timezone. ​​
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    i just hope... That when i reach the other side i still:

a) have my gear (okay you can swap in some +12 refines but thats it)
    b) have the same husband
    c) have the same name
    d) exist

I dont ask for a lot pwi! Please be good to me!
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    b) have the same husband

Really sure you don't want to use this situation to try a new one ?
  • atlusnyboy
    atlusnyboy Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    Demon/Sage event gold tickets will be removed and are non-reimbursable, so make sure to cash them out before the big day!

The same will apply for event gold, or I'll still keep it after merging? I want to to know if i need to spent all of it on useless awesome fashion or keep it for more useful tings in the future.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    zoldickun wrote: »
    b) have the same husband

interested? :wink:
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    zoldickun wrote: »
    b) have the same husband

fox-2.gif

It would be funny as hell if they mess things up and people get the wrong spouses. Though also very bad.
    ​​
  • gomiamiheat
    gomiamiheat Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    after several years as EU player on an US server i can FINALLY give ALL THE GOOD ADVICES (/sarcasm) back to every US person out there:
    - "if u dont like the event times go switch to a different server and start over, it's not that hard to get the stuff u got here over there"
    - "it's not that bad to get up at 5am for tw/nw/rw/..."
    - "if u dont like it either deal with it or either quit or restart somewhere else"

u think 5h timedifference sux ****? try 8-10 :3

:*<3:#
    [/quote]

This +100000000 LOL,
    Euro players had to deal with it and got the stupid reply like switch or choose anotehr server.. Wenn i first started there where no Euro Servers yet.[/quote]

When you joined the game you decided to play on a usa server knowing what the times were going to be. This is different peoples toons they put years and years of work into will be thrown into a situation like you have had yes but not by CHOICE. So you can take all that mess outta here you chose your situation not us :).

To compare that to just joining the game putting no work into anything yet and not having a europe server to pick is a bad comparision if you quit then you dont lose anything if a HL person quits now they have years of work down the drain.
  • columrt
    columrt Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    God I hate these new forums.

Dreamweaver, prepare for RT!​​
    103/103/101 Demon Strength Barbarian and the army of alts I'm too lazy to list now.
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    Options
    Am glad servers are getting merged but EU time? Lot of Harshlands peeps won't be able to do ANY EVENTS or TWs. Hope you make TW times as centralized between EU and East Coast.

Now they going to find out how it feels to be being stuck on a American server for years and get no transfer because its not possible. Welcome to our world!
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    columrt wrote: »
    God I hate these new forums.

Dreamweaver, prepare for RT!

You dont consider yourselves Trolling Tides any longer? Dunno why I assume you from RT though. I still remember the days they assaulted our forums and for that alone Archo + RT merge would of been interesting. ​​
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    Options
    soleida wrote: »

Now they going to find out how it feels to be being stuck on a American server for years and get no transfer because its not possible. Welcome to our world!

Honestly, I don't see why you people think "we need to feel the same as what you felt". The non-availability of EU servers when the game was launched was an issue with PWI and not the gamer community.
    To be honest, every server will have new population and TWs where as DawnGlory ( HL + Morai ) will still be the same, as Morai peeps are afk for the night when Harshlands folks login and vice-versa. Hope that's what you all want.

IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • reliea
    reliea Posts: 40 Arc User
    Options
    i just hope... That when i reach the other side i still:

a) have my gear (okay you can swap in some +12 refines but thats it)
    b) have the same husband
    c) have the same name
    d) exist

I dont ask for a lot pwi! Please be good to me!

Now I lay me down to sleep
    I pray PWI my char to keep
    If I should be erased before I wake
    I pray PWI my rage to face

• jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Options
    soleida wrote: »

You chose to create an account on an American server which operates in the American times zones. So did everyone on Harshlands. Are you really going to continue to look like an idiot and argue that point?
  • shtalenkov
    shtalenkov Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Morai don't wanna merge with Harshlands. Just let all EU players from other servers transfer here their toons. And merge Harshlands with other two East servers (or Harshlands & Lost City). All people will be happy!
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    Options
    reaperarm1 wrote: »
    shade13 wrote: »
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    >people want merge
    >know there will be consequences

>people get merge
    >complain about those exact consequences

Ah, PWI community, stay classy.
    I was always against the merge, because I could forsee the consequences normal-20.gif But I admit, it benefits a lot of ppl as well. I just disagree with the order of merging. They should reconsider servers combinations, because it can be done much better.

​​

It's as if the pwe team sat down in the meeting room and said "Ok guys what are the absolute worst server merge combinations we can come up with?"

They probably did, but right before it they also ask, How can we make the most money from it, then they said bad merge and force player to buy stone to switch to the server they want.

I see it all comming !
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    Options

I really would like to see the price go 1/2 way in each direction. BUT Irl I really really really (like you) think the high gold server people will not want to sell there item at lower price, and will not acept losing money from this merge, They will put cat shop whit Over price item, the gold is gonna jump to the roof and 1 server will be mad at this inflation.

Just to see how PW prepared to this inflation

1 - they removed all money made from item drop, so that they could force player to buy gold more.

2 - they removed the huge 9 mil coins reward base on speculation that the gold was going to sky rocket !

3 - they will probably sell individual service to transfer angry player from server at a premium cost.

• acidss#0779
    acidss#0779 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Ill give PW this, the one merge they are doing right is my server Archosaur and Heavens Tear, we are both already PVE and already share the same name base. Well at least we arent getting fked over. Can't wait to meet new people, but PLEEEEASE HT people leave your egos behind we have enough on Archo already. Well actually nvm bring the enflamed egos i want to see them clash with ours should be good entertainment. CYa next week!
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    A few people brought it up, and I think it's a good question. For people with toons on multiple servers, if those servers are getting merged, what happens if you have full account stashes on both servers? May be safest to take anything important out of account stash.

Anyone smart have an idea though?

Edit: Nevermind. Saw Asterelle's thread.
    102/101/102 cleric