Housing and trade system

Tiramnia - Sanctuary
Tiramnia - Sanctuary Posts: 167 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Suggestion Box
This sin't an original idea, but how about housing that isn't instanced? Have areas on the map where you can build a house, like a partial sandbox where you gather mats and build your own house, maybe farms?

There is so much to add to PWI, it already has extensive character customization so why not add more in game customization with the sandbox idea? I mean it would take some time and it part of it could be added in slowly so its not a whole overhaul of a game system. But start with the housing? Add in some voyaging so you can fish etc, maybe carts and horse drawn carriages to get stuff from A to B and so on and so forth
Post edited by Tiramnia - Sanctuary on

Comments

• KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This sin't an original idea, but how about housing that isn't instanced? Have areas on the map where you can build a house, like a partial sandbox where you gather mats and build your own house, maybe farms?

There is so much to add to PWI, it already has extensive character customization so why not add more in game customization with the sandbox idea? I mean it would take some time and it part of it could be added in slowly so its not a whole overhaul of a game system. But start with the housing? Add in some voyaging so you can fish etc, maybe carts and horse drawn carriages to get stuff from A to B and so on and so forth

The world is only so big. Even with how few players are still active, there wouldn't be enough space for non-instanced housing. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    The world is only so big. Even with how few players are still active, there wouldn't be enough space for non-instanced housing. b:chuckle

Hence why you make the world bigger, with specific areas that can have housing, but also any inactive houses get demolished, so lets say you have to pay a reasonable amount of tax in game (so it is actually affordable to maintain) and you have two weeks to pay it before your house then is taken down. That means that non active players don't take up potential housing space. I have seen non instanced housing before, and it is doable, especially because PWI has such an open map. How ever if you have it that there is a setting so that there is more than one owner if you choose that means not everyone has to have there own house. You could make legit shops with a setting to allow all players to enter the house but not change the house. A farm system could also work well, it opens up a whole new economy, it would have to be well though out so there isn't too much inflation in game.

I think it would also be cool if faction leaders who own territories could build a castle, that means there could be castle raids with full on wars. Of course this is more pvp based. But would be a good idea for pvp servers. Not to mention having an outlaw system where there is an outlaw faction that you automatically get placed into if you get enough criminal points from stealing etc. Honestly I could probably do enough research into this and maybe come up with concept art. Maybe I will haha I have nothing better to do!
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's kinda exist (not exactly the same but the house idea is there) in the other version of PW, the one which isn't F2P.
    I really don't think you can expect it in the F2P version someday.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    It's kinda exist (not exactly the same but the house idea is there) in the other version of PW, the one which isn't F2P.
    I really don't think you can expect it in the F2P version someday.

I mostly mean sandbox haha or semi sandbox. I havent really seen this housing thing?
  • eiledon
    eiledon Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    someone posted this very thing just a few days ago. check out the thread I linked some videos to the original game's housing system.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1738991
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    eiledon wrote: »
    someone posted this very thing just a few days ago. check out the thread I linked some videos to the original game's housing system.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1738991

Oh I see well I now think I should have named this thread as sandbox as that is more what I am referring to. I mean imagine if we could mould the world haha maybe chaotic though most people on here are pretty decent, I have part of a well thought plan in my head, I just need to expand on it, its a shame no one has posted any ideas on my thread just under this. I want to compile and refine a bunch if peoples ideas into more viable plans and concepts that have a lot of detail along with potential art to go with it all.