PWI Eclipse Expansion Preview, launching 12/16

Comments

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Ya it's immune to purge. It says "驱逐" which is the name of the veno skill. This is so stupid. They get reduced damage to archer normal attack, can't be purged, can't be locked down due to purify spell. It's pathetic playing a 2009 class vs 2014 classes.

Ya, it's definitly an anti-Archer update. But well...considering CNs situation with archers it's understandable. Surely...in direct comparision with archers those new classes will own as hell, but...that's just against one class. Neglecable.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    These classes look set to change how fights work. That skill to force enemy skill cooldown to 1 minute will be nasty if it works on cleric ih in tw
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    for those posting that they are at odds as to which cultivation to choose....

take into consideration that this expansion also includes dual culti, in that you can choose one path, then switch but keep certain skills at the old lvl11 version.

basically all you are doing is picking which spark you want and then mix n match the skills. you do however need to plan ahead and make your first culti choice according to what you ultimately want to be.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2014

take into consideration that this expansion also includes dual culti, in that you can choose one path, then switch but keep certain skills at the old lvl11 version.

basically all you are doing is picking which spark you want and then mix n match the skills. you do however need to plan ahead and make your first culti choice according to what you ultimately want to be.

I think you misinterpreted the new culti switch item. The level 11 skills will just get switched over to whichever culti you changed to.

Anyway, demon moon fairy all the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If Kitty interpreted it properly, Moon fairy gets 47% damage reduce against melee skills and 87% against auto-attack. If that's right...HA-Moon fairy will be almost invincible against melee. Sounds like a new PV-super class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2014

No, you've got that extremely wrong, it's only an upgraded version of the celestial schism.
    With the normal schism we had now, when you changed cultis your lvl 11 skills reverted back to lvl 10; with the new schism (or whichever the name it'll have) the lvl 11 skill you had in one cultivation will become lvl 11 skills for the other cultivation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No, you've got that extremely wrong, it's only an upgraded version of the celestial schism.
    With the normal schism we had now, when you changed cultis your lvl 11 skills reverted back to lvl 10; with the new schism (or whichever the name it'll have) the lvl 11 skill you had in one cultivation will become lvl 11 skills for the other cultivation.

What about Primal skills, will they get reverted back to lvl 11 skills of the opposite cultivation or will they change to the other cultivations version too? IMO we should have the option of choosing if they turn back into lvl 11 version or Primal version, since some people might want to switch culti but not get the other cultivations Primal skills.
    Sorry if this was answered before, 70 pages you know..

And again, have the 4 random stats on R8r gear been confirmed yet? :o
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • unlegitimate
    unlegitimate Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I noticed a couple inconsistencies in the translated skills.

There's a Moon Fairy buff that says it grants immunity to purge but Mars claims it only grants immunity to seal.

The Moon Fairy squad buff says its for melee auto attacks but it's actually for all normal attacks (especially archer).

I don't see mention of the Night Shadow copycat ability either.

Purge shield: I was a little stumped (I guessed purge) at first because the immunity was like, 'banish', so I thought, it's expel? I saw how Mars said it's for a combo with expel (immunity to seal) and it seemed wrong because no other class has a skill that requires another genie skill or... I didn't see the point in an immunity to seal, unless they expected players to figure it out... Again, seemed wrong and inconsistent to all other classes. I went to the ecatomb mirror to check class skills (on the chinese version because I didn't make a veno there), and I saw the name of purge matched what the skill granted an immunity to. That's how I came to the conclusion.

Buff thing: I didn't really check that. If it works that way then sure, I think the last time I read the description (it was before you posted the demon/sage skills .txt thing here when I made demon/sage translations, and way before when I got the 'original' translations for MF because I played it so early) it said it was for melee.

Copycat skills were included in my original translation set as their own section under debuffs/jumps as "Lunar Mirror skills", it seems the person who reposted them here didn't include them. The numbers might be slightly different to what they will eventually have because I was on the assumption that where numbers weren't given you would 'copy' the level of the skill the opponent has and how strong theirs would be.

You may have figured these things out already but I don't have much time today, so I hope this reply is ok. ;- ;
    edited November 2014
    What about Primal skills, will they get reverted back to lvl 11 skills of the opposite cultivation or will they change to the other cultivations version too? IMO we should have the option of choosing if they turn back into lvl 11 version or Primal version, since some people might want to switch culti but not get the other cultivations Primal skills.
    Sorry if this was answered before, 70 pages you know..

And again, have the 4 random stats on R8r gear been confirmed yet? :o

I've no clue about that, sorry, but I highly doubt they would offer the option between lvl 12 and lvl 11 skills. I do remember Aster posting something with screenshots in regards to r8 3rd cast, but since it didn't interest me, I can't remember.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The closest screenshot I've found to made R8rr gear is this screenshot which doesn't actually show the result http://i.imgur.com/nmNthVy.png

I'm fairly sure the armor has 4 stats and the weapon 5 from the way the data looks though.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2014

i stand corrected, i keep reading that line over and over and it still reads rather in-concise to me. I was wondering why nobody was making a big fuss over it lol b:surrender
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    Toriell - Sanctuary Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So they introduce Arc in China too, I hope it works better there than it does here.

Bad choice of words: it would be nice if Arc worked well everywhere. =)
  • Mars - Morai
    Mars - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    After today update moon fairy skill adds 15m range for 8 sec. They put duration.
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    After today update moon fairy skill adds 15m range for 8 sec. They put duration.

It's too short though...
  • Egamoto - Harshlands
    Egamoto - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just a wild guess here but somethin tells me that on monday we might be getting a preview of new update on arc! and hopefully 2-3 weeks later the update!

:o
  • alphalordking
    alphalordking Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's too short though...

I don't know...

15 additional meters for skill casting applied to 27 meters skills means they will be able to attack from a very scary distance of 42 meters.

Archers using the Galvanic Aura skill that increases their attack range by 6 meters ends up with an attack range of 38 meters (40 meters if sage) for a fixed number of attacks.

So, Moon Fairies having 42 meters range to attack nearly every target far away in the horizon seems fair to me that only last for 8 seconds.

*Side Note: Even for 8 seconds, those 15 more meters for casting sound darn sexy b:dirty *
    Total_Calm - 105 / 101 / 101 - [ ψ The Blue-Eyed Demon ψ ]
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't know...

15 additional meters for skill casting applied to 27 meters skills means they will be able to attack from a very scary distance of 42 meters.

Archers using the Galvanic Aura skill that increases their attack range by 6 meters ends up with an attack range of 38 meters (40 meters if sage) for a fixed number of attacks.

So, Moon Fairies having 42 meters range to attack nearly every target far away in the horizon seems fair to me that only last for 8 seconds.

*Side Note: Even for 8 seconds, those 15 more meters for casting sound darn sexy b:dirty *

I totally agree with this, even though I'm so pro Moon Fairy it's sad. I've never been this pumped about a new class. But 8 seconds of a 42 meter attack range to nuke the **** out of somebody is pretty cool I must say
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't know...

Sorry haven't been following entire thread, but this attack range increase skill; what's the chi cost and cd?

Galvanic is 2 sparks and 1 spark returns so although it's useful in niche situations nearly 90% of the time the chi is better used elsewhere.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited November 2014
    Sorry haven't been following entire thread, but this attack range increase skill; what's the chi cost and cd?

Galvanic is 2 sparks and 1 spark returns so although it's useful in niche situations nearly 90% of the time the chi is better used elsewhere.

- The Holy Scythe, Cutting Osmanthus (Morai)

Type
    Self buff
    Chan
    Instant
    Cast
    Instant
    CD
    90.0s
    Move
    [instant]
    Chi req

Adds 15m to the range of your skills for 8s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014

Type
    Self buff
    Chan
    Instant
    Cast
    Instant
    CD
    90.0s
    Move
    [instant]
    Chi req

And thus, archers have Galvanic crapped on in just about every way.

Man China hates archers a lot considering they were one of the main classes featured in the older promo art. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »

Man China hates archers a lot considering they were one of the main classes featured in the older promo art. b:chuckle

What are the Archers doing in China that need to get all this hate b:shocked
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I totally agree with this, even though I'm so pro Moon Fairy it's sad. I've never been this pumped about a new class. But 8 seconds of a 42 meter attack range to nuke the **** out of somebody is pretty cool I must say

"nuke"

do they have consistent debuffs\amps?
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014

They probably have all the fluff and cream pigments.

Or the best geared players are archers so everyone there feels oppressed by them. b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Type
    Self buff
    Chan
    Instant
    Cast
    Instant
    CD
    90.0s
    Move
    [instant]
    Chi req

Wow, just wow. Half the chi cost (quarter of the upfront chi cost) instant cast, and decent cd. Galvanic got roflowned.
    OPKossy wrote: »

It's almost a case of anything you can do I can do it better. Archers really have been marginalised in terms of what they bring to the table compared to other classes.

There's only one logical explanation and it's an unfair one. On Dreamweaver for example we have a good number of really well geared archers compared to the # of other classes at endgame level. Nerfing this gear advantage by boosting other classes skills and abilities even going as far as giving them anti archer buffs is unfair because when and if those classes catch up on average gear level they absolutely destroy archers.

Sorry to hijack the thread.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    edited November 2014
    "nuke"

do they have consistent debuffs\amps?

If I'm not mistaken, they have a very nice water/metal amp debuff, so I think they can possibly "nuke" not entirely sure my good sir
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2014

What hate? They still have one of the highest dph's, can stealth, can do magic and phys dmg. one of the highest ranges without galvanic, many aoes, can purge!

but please tell me how archers are getting shafted........ b:chuckle
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    edited November 2014
    What hate? They still have one of the highest dph's, can stealth, can do magic and phys dmg. one of the highest ranges without galvanic, many aoes, can purge!

but please tell me how archers are getting shafted........ b:chuckle

Archers deserve this expansion, to every freaking archer that two shot me randomly in NW, TW, PK, you freaking deserve every ounce of counterattack against your disgusting and vile kind! Death to the Archers! Death to them all!!!!!!!!!!!
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Archers deserve this expansion, to every freaking archer that two shot me randomly in NW, TW, PK, you freaking deserve every ounce of counterattack against your disgusting and vile kind! Death to the Archers! Death to them all!!!!!!!!!!!

if said archer 2shotted you, he is outgearing you a lot
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited November 2014

+1.

The only PvP I do is in NW, but archers are a beast for me to fight. I'm usually one shot...from somewhere off the screen...think they shot me from another map or something. LOL.
    b:laughb:surrender

But I do understand the archer's frustrations with this, as it will be a great change for them to have to deal with. This new class almost seems to be made Anti-Archer like. So we'll soon see just what happens.

I really feel sorry for those poor guards more and more each time I face an archer...Arrows to the knees hurt. b:laugh
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What hate? They still have one of the highest dph's.

Do you sincerely think Archer is a high DPH class or are you just a liar? Check the damage rankings before regurgitating nonsense.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
This discussion has been closed.