Options

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Shame Morai staff is so.... yeah.
    With some luck, the janitor will hit the reset button by accident with his mop and everything will fix itself.

(and I bet the janitor is more skilled than some of the current PWI staff members.)
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Frankenstein - Momaganon
    Frankenstein - Momaganon Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)

And Fero from the German Support wrote that the German Forum do not get moved into the trash after the server merge and that he make the forum 2013 more alaive... but the german forum is dead. Very dead. 10 user entries at the german forum are much in a month.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    i wonder if any uniquely diff. with morai server that it keeps on getting weird bugs

I really want to know that as well... In the past it has already happened in Lothranis when PV had been bugged for months (the bugs was only present on Lothranis, not even on Momaganon). And anyone knows that during the merge between Lothranis and Momaganon they actually just sent all the Moma toons on Lothranis and renamed the server.

This is an old bug that's never really been fixed. It's been around for over a year now.

Wait 5 minutes and you can log in again.

Are you sure that this is the same one ? Because this one happened with the last reset and some people are still stuck in (nearly 48h...)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Could please the responsible person for this EU server give a statement about actual situation?

As already clear mentioned from Joe and Verenor many instances are broken and this game is nearby unplayable.

I know most people will have vacations until next week but even a short notice that you are aware about this problem would be very helpful!

Next to these problems I also wondering why 2nd reborn quest chain not work full for all servers.
    After watching the marketing videos about new content, I really hoped situation will improve a bit.

For future, I beg you to test at minimum one time new contents and combination with old content for quality reasons.

Thank you for your attention!
  • itsan4o
    itsan4o Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Someone, stick this please, so a GM/CM/MM/NM or whatever *M can see it and response at least how much weeks we can go off, and when we will be able to back in game , with a working server. Thank you in advance b:surrender
  • Wendigo - Momaganon
    Wendigo - Momaganon Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    bump!

still waiting for official answer
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yay, add 2 things. PV and Bases are down again (base as far as I know only partial) (:

+ I'm stuck in PV now and can't do jack + I lost over 25m EXP because I was just in the 2nd run...out of normally 6.

Due to the auto-culti feature and so on I could accept that TT is down and stuff...but now that it gets on my EXP I really get pissed off!

Ah and I just heard that Morai (world not server) is down now as well...great job so far (:
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Update:
    Morai also down so far.
    Some people cant port in/out.

Update 2:
    Seems some problems solved now.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Wohoo I heard that there is a GM online now standing around the TT the very second I'm writing here.

Yeah (: die meisten inis gehen wieder....hoffe das bleibt auch so!
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    well, it seems that instances fixed themselves on their own. I've heard aba and tt works again, and I can confirm on bh39.

still not sure on delta, though...

FWS... I think it's a lost cause...
  • lalakicsi
    lalakicsi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    tt is broke again, it make me dc and wont let login back :S

im guessing the other ones probly gonna be broke again too :S
  • kallikashnikow
    kallikashnikow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yeah got kicked from tt too but after a few minutes i could log in again. But not being able to enter tt again so tt is broken again. Taking bets which instance(s) will follow....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I already heard that TT is broken again...I bet we see the other instances follow again...what the heck is going on? So you guys think, that it will be neough logging on and fixing things for a short amount of time and acting like nothing ever happened will make everything fine?

I don't think so. Please put more effort on our server >.< geez like we are outsiders or something...
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    TT broke while my sin was in it with a whole squad. It basically force DC'ed all of us, didn't let us log the accounts for 5 minutes (even with force log), then after finally logging them we'd all be unable to log in the char that was in TT at the time. Soon as we tried to, it'd send us back to the Log in screen with the message "Could not log in to server". I'm curious if other people managed to get back their chars that were stuck in TT. My sin was stuck in Abaddon until they fixed it today, only to get stuck in TT now~

Wish they'd at least give me my cubeneck and ring back from the sin :<.

At least the other instances seem to be working now...
  • defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The Morai server is having network issues, which is the reason for the sudden disconnects.
    I'm having our team look at the problem now, and we will get it back up for you all as soon as possible.

Once it is back up, we can recheck the fix to Twilight Temple and proceed from there.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the headsup DoD.

Additional bug in case it hasn't been mentioned: The Winter Harbinger (that lvl20-lvl40 daily questgiver that exists in all the race home cities and archo southeast) is missing completely. I've not seen a mention in the changelogs that that NPC was to be dropped from the game. Low priority, but can it be looked into as well? It's a major XP boon for starting players...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thanks for this information and we hope it will be fixed really soon...
    Just to let you know it seems there are once again issues with the demon world and some toons are now stuck in Abaddon (which is bh of the day...)
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    TT broke while my sin was in it with a whole squad. It basically force DC'ed all of us, didn't let us log the accounts for 5 minutes (even with force log), then after finally logging them we'd all be unable to log in the char that was in TT at the time. Soon as we tried to, it'd send us back to the Log in screen with the message "Could not log in to server". I'm curious if other people managed to get back their chars that were stuck in TT. My sin was stuck in Abaddon until they fixed it today, only to get stuck in TT now~

Wish they'd at least give me my cubeneck and ring back from the sin :<.

At least the other instances seem to be working now...

Thats clearly TT map crashing. Basically map crashes and thus you dont have access to it. With no access to TT map, there is no access to toons inside it at the moment of crash either. Or more like by my understanding, the toon is just fine but it cant be logged as its located in broken area. I do wonder how hard would it be to code something along the lines, "cant access area X, relocate character to area Y". Prolly not that simple/has ways to be abused or it would of been done already.

I would be worried with how everything is broken in Morai, sign of something seriously wrong with the server. TT usually crashes once every 2x on most servers but rest of the instances tend to work.

Ps. /inb4rollback
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • kallikashnikow
    kallikashnikow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I really want to know that as well... In the past it has already happened in Lothranis when PV had been bugged for months (the bugs was only present on Lothranis, not even on Momaganon). And anyone knows that during the merge between Lothranis and Momaganon they actually just sent all the Moma toons on Lothranis and renamed the server.
    Zoldi has a point there. Looks like all chars were merged to the wrong server if Lot already had some issues back then. Maybe the only way to fix the server is to build a new one from scratch (hard+software)....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thats clearly TT map crashing. Basically map crashes and thus you dont have access to it. With no access to TT map, there is no access to toons inside it at the moment of crash either. Or more like by my understanding, the toon is just fine but it cant be logged as its located in broken area. I do wonder how hard would it be to code something along the lines, "cant access area X, relocate character to area Y". Prolly not that simple/has ways to be abused or it would of been done already.

I would be worried with how everything is broken in Morai, sign of something seriously wrong with the server. TT usually crashes once every 2x on most servers but rest of the instances tend to work.

Ps. /inb4rollback

Meh I figured as much, didn't see anyone else post full details of the error and I'd hope this helps them find out what's wrong (I can hope, right?). Wish there was a way to port the chars out at least. I thought GM's had that ability, but who knows.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Wish there was a way to port the chars out at least. I thought GM's had that ability, but who knows.

They should be able to do that... But they also should be able to use sytem message telling people not to go in those instances for the moment if there might be a problem. And actually they also should have been able to stop spamming us with that santa event message...
    I guess they just don't want to do it b:shutup
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Meh I figured as much, didn't see anyone else post full details of the error and I'd hope this helps them find out what's wrong (I can hope, right?). Wish there was a way to port the chars out at least. I thought GM's had that ability, but who knows.

It shouldnt be taken as set in stone though, I am no expert regarding the matter. Still I would expect the issue to be along those lines, simply wanted to point out if one thinks he knows better, there is a good chance he does and should ignore what I said.

Ps. Respect for PWE staff though, they hold maint to remove event that wasnt working anyways, santa still spams like crazy and some factions lost their TW bids cause of it. oh, never forget breaking Morai worse than it was. A major + maint everything considered.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Wendigo - Momaganon
    Wendigo - Momaganon Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The Morai server is having network issues

i dont know who told that to you but
    network issue != gs fall down
    if u getting could not log in to server == map doesnot running where you was last time
    if a single or more (but not all GS) crashing it can be cause by:
    -server run out of memory
    -or [insert filenames here] data / sev file baaaaaaaaaaaad b:bye

any +10 give away compensation coz of instances was down a week? >.<
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Q.Q PV is down again...that another 60m EXP loss today...oh man, just fix this asap please DoD :( it really bugs me by now. If I cannot farm, can't lvl and can't even bot in morai (because I'm somehow unable to pick anything while in morai-map (coins, drops, etc)) I can pratically shut it off. I don't wanna do that!
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • TammyEilean - Dreamweaver
    TammyEilean - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Wow PWI ever since the BIG problems that happened on all the servers recently and then all the "compensations".......it looks like everybody wants "something for nothing" in the form of compensation. Looks like you opened a barrel of worms trying to please everybody. UH OH..... a PWI admin passed gas!.....better "compensate" for that too. Your generosity was like throwing "Pearls Before Swine". Its too bad b:angry. They don't pay you guys enough to put up with all that b:fatb
  • hiq8
    hiq8 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    b:cold pw updates always sick
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The Morai server is having network issues, which is the reason for the sudden disconnects.
    I'm having our team look at the problem now, and we will get it back up for you all as soon as possible.

Once it is back up, we can recheck the fix to Twilight Temple and proceed from there.

I don't think the disconnecting is the problem but the maps/instances: trying to enter an non-existing map force-logs the players off, and are unable to log back in due to virtual "limbo". Along with the very varying lock on instances it sounds a lot more like the memory-problem Wendigo is talking about. I'm unable to keep my summary-post up-to-date due to the quickly changing of instances being blocked when one is unlocked again.
  • Jayzeejay - Lost City
    Jayzeejay - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I don't think the disconnecting is the problem but the maps/instances: trying to enter an non-existing map force-logs the players off, and are unable to log back in due to virtual "limbo". Along with the very varying lock on instances it sounds a lot more like the memory-problem Wendigo is talking about. I'm unable to keep my summary-post up-to-date due to the quickly changing of instances being blocked when one is unlocked again.

i agree with u
    ~ 1 x Assassin ~
    - 1 x Mystic -
    ~ 1 x Barb ~
    - 1 x Seeker -
    ~ 2 x Cleric ~
    b:pleased
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2014
    Options

Fact is...while I ofc agree with you...that something needs to be done. I know lots of ppl including me that are scared to do any instance becuase they don't wanna get stuck in there for days...that means you can pratically don't do any BH, farming or nearly anything else which means that our server is still kinda unplayable.

Please guys and DoD, I know you're trying hard, but it really gets creepy by now. Even an extended x2 won't fix this. he holidays are over, so anyone got way less time to farm and stuff. After all it's just a game, but it's a game with you guys earn money, lots of oney I assume.

I'm just asking for a solution and if you need to put the servers off for several hours so be it, just do whatever is necessary to fix this.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I know lots of ppl including me that are scared to do any instance becuase they don't wanna get stuck in there for days...

^this b:chuckle not going into any instance cause im afraid to get stuck for a week then maybe they fix it but when i come back it will be broken again and stuck another week b:shutup scary **** b:surrender
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg