Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, because I wasn't online at the time this happened and was unable to abuse the code, about half of the top people on my server can now face-roll me without a moments notice, oh and they have a mountain of event gold to buy more charms with.

Thanks PWI, you will not be seeing me again.
  • VairyHagina - Morai
    VairyHagina - Morai Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i once again call for a server wipe it will fix everything \o/

yeeees yeees, all reset to lvl 1 and give me all my zen back to start all over b:cute
  • DaKaan - Harshlands
    DaKaan - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    and what is going to happen with all of us that havent got not even the 3 that everyone should have?b:angryb:angryb:angry

You will get >NOTHING< You missed the boat and now PWI is flipping you off like they always do. PWE is like obamacare, a big **** up and unable to do anything in a proper way.
    Ghanima 101 wiz, DaKaaN 101 BM, Ra\/en 96 Seeker
    Quit this game for another one called real life b:shocked
  • jaymzi
    jaymzi Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am dissapointed.
  • novatheorganoid
    novatheorganoid Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    and what is going to happen with all of us that havent got not even the 3 that everyone should have?b:angryb:angryb:angry

Considering this was originally planned to be Archosaur based compensation, if you were not on during the original time ON ARCHOSAUR SERVER, you will not be compensated. The answer as to why is simple.... why would you get something for nothing?

Don't like it? Either shut the heck up, or move on.
  • eland20
    eland20 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    UPDATE:
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.

I do understand your reasons and political decisions.
    I dont see how you will punish thos people.
    a 1 day or a 7 day ban wont fix anything.
    a 1 year ban may does.
    but i am pretty sure that the people who paid the most in the game are pretty high on the abuser list. so 1 year ban will hurt yourself more than them.
    for my part i dont see that it is going to be better anyhow soon.
    you didnt mention anything about compensation for people who got nothing.
    you didnt said anything about the kind of punishment.
    and i dont see a fix at all about this damage.
    you had the same trouble with the dreamchaser code in the past already and still wasnt able to fix it.
    you really should rethink how you spend your money on your employees.

for me the game reached a broken point i almost cant accept it anymore.
    i will play less and wait for the update.
    and then i may stop playing after the update destroyed more.
  • Zenzoa - Sanctuary
    Zenzoa - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And OP never said anywhere that these abusers would keep their items. Don't jump into conclusions blindly.

History repeats itself.
    No one was set back in lvl after the goon glitch.

I will be really shocked if they actually start banning ppl this time.
  • FirstJustice - Lost City
    FirstJustice - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I didnt take anything, specifically because i didnt want to abuse the glitch under any circumstance, so being a nice and honest person, gets rewarded with a biitchslap?

Well, many friends of mine are gonna quit right now. Thank you very much.
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yeeees yeees, all reset to lvl 1 and give me all my zen back to start all over b:cute

Yes, i would love that too as long as i get my ingame money back as well for fairness :P
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So no roll back? Enough is enough. After this I'm quitting, and most of my in game friends too. I spent real money a lot of time playing this game and after all this ppl who abuse and who got by "mistake" will just keep those itens. And we're supposed to move on and pretend it didn't happened?.. doesn't seem fair at all.

^this

they are threating this issue, like "lol we derped again", allright lets ban some ones

I LOST 1000 ONE THOUSAND OF GOLD I CASHED IN, GETTING DRAGON ORBS AS INVESTMENT AND NOW I CANT SELL THEM ANYMORE TO TARGET PRICE

DONT BELIEVE ME GMS GO ****ING CHECK MY GOLD TRANSACTIONS LAST 3 MONTHS

I WANT MY MONEY BACK
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • Jakerams - Heavens Tear
    Jakerams - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well if your talking about fairness, technically it wont be fair to excessively punish someone who were given something and used it in an unintended way unless they forcefully changed something to **** it. <_> ijs fair is fair but it goes both ways.

10. User Conduct

You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.
    Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:
    (a) Harm minors in any way;
    (b) Impersonate any person or entity, including any PWE officials, forum leaders, guides, hosts, employees or agents, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
    (c) Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message transmitted through the Website;
    (d) Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
    (e) Interfere with or disrupt the Service, the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
    (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;
    (g) Collect, store, post or otherwise disseminate any personal data about other users;
    (h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;
    (i) Engage in, encourage, or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that violates these Terms or the Rules of Conduct;
    (j) Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized game play;
    (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,
    (m) trade, sell, auction or otherwise transfer any virtual items or goods of any nature outside the game; and/or
    (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.
    PWE may take any actions and impose any penalties we deem necessary to discourage and punish any violation of these terms or any other illegal or inappropriate conduct, all without prior notice or warning. The determination as to whether a violation has occurred and who is responsible for such act is solely within PWE's discretion, and is based on what we deem best for the community and the Website. By using the Website, you agree you will be bound by PWE's determination as to whether a violation has occurred and any penalty we choose to implement.
  • blueshifty
    blueshifty Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    may be we should just keep trying that code until it's working again b:chuckle
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    karmelia wrote: »
    You guys are writing faster than I can read O.O

At least you don't have to try and moderate all of it in this thread and everywhere else.

b:cry
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i once again call for a server wipe it will fix everything \o/

How about a system wipe?
    8D
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    why not just go ahead and drop 10-20 stacks of big notes in their banks while they wait out their ban
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    At least you don't have to try and moderate all of it in this thread and everywhere else.

b:cry

-pats you on the back-
    It'll be ok...
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • phixion11
    phixion11 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    any suggestions for good free to play mmo that dosent have all these issues ?
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I WANT MY MONEY BACK

It was your personal decision to put your money on this game. This is a F2P game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • siresi
    siresi Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i want my orbs just like any1 else who got them!
    Expire date is november 24th, so make the ****ing code-page work as is should be
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lets make a stand here, the no re-roll thing is a slap in the face to all of us who had worked hard in our gear, we can t let this happen, we all know that if anyone gets a punish it will be what? 1 week bann? lol for +10 all my gear gimme that 1 week bann in exchange. We deserve respect a rollback was the only fair solution to this and we msut stand against this. Any ideas of how we can make PW feel that we really want a solution to this is welcome on this post.
  • blueelephant69
    blueelephant69 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So what I get no code?
    No orbs?
    Nothing?

archosaur will be compensated mate. b:pleased gotta love being on arch server b:laugh
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe.
    I would tell this my boss too...

If you want to punish the cheaters properly:

* Let all their gear which they refined last 24 hours reset to 0.

* Remove all their event gold.

* Remove all items which they bought last 24h with event gold.

* Remove all their coins which the got last 24h. Don't forget to track where they try to hide their coins/10m notes (on other accounts, accounts of friends and so on).

* Start to bann them now! Every day they can stilll log in they can abuse their advantage.

Then did already benefit a lot:

* They got a lot of HP charms which they can use for pve farming or in pvp (NW and TW).

* You can sell refining service by buying a lot of tishas and tienkangs with all the event gold you got!! Or refine the gear of your alts on other accounts!

* They can farm as hell at the moment: it's 2x drop and they have at least full +10 gear and weapon. They can e.g. farm the mirages packs in Twillight Tempel which will get removed after release of next expansion.

* If you JUST JOIN a battle in nation wars (and DO NOTHING ELSE!!) you get a way higher reward than everyone else with lower refines. Just because you are there (it's the soulforce that mainly matters, not your skills, kills or strategy).

* They have high advcance in TW. Even lower geared factions are active atm because of recent map reset. Full +10/11 matters!

* and so on.

Better be fast.
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, after you had your meeting about this and came up with this soloution. You have forgotten about the players who have not redeem the code.

Should probabaly go ahead and flip that Redeem code back on.

all in all

Im not angry with you, just disappointed.
  • Hinatachii - Dreamweaver
    Hinatachii - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, that being said, there won't be a rollback? f:confused
    You mad? f:grin
  • TurdBurglar - Harshlands
    TurdBurglar - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    how about this, uninstall so i have less lag in west arch <3 ty very much
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Maybe this thread should just really get closed as some wrote before.
    I wish they do.

that way the main forum will be flooded with threads about this mess. b:chuckle
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Eytukan - Heavens Tear
    Eytukan - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What will they get? 1day ban like goons? lol Pwi u can kiss my ***
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imdivine
    imdivine Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ^this

they are threating this issue, like "lol we derped again", allright lets ban some ones

I LOST 1000 ONE THOUSAND OF GOLD I CASHED IN, GETTING DRAGON ORBS AS INVESTMENT AND NOW I CANT SELL THEM ANYMORE TO TARGET PRICE

DONT BELIEVE ME GMS GO ****ING CHECK MY GOLD TRANSACTIONS LAST 3 MONTHS

I WANT MY MONEY BACK

Arent you suppose to get banned for breaking the rules regarding TW? Fake bidding and using an alt faction to make bids. I think you should not get your gold back but get a permaban instead.
  • Airmiid - Raging Tide
    Airmiid - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And OP never said anywhere that these abusers would keep their items. Don't jump into conclusions blindly.

Didn't say what punishmente would be either. Probably they'll just wait long enough, until everyone forget about it and do nothing. Like always.
This discussion has been closed.