Rollback... Yes or No???

Options

Comments

• OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    metalmana wrote: »
    1000 Player say Yes to the Rollback, to clean the server! Too many players got more than 3 orb but 50+

- Rollback the servers to the 20th, after maint
    - As compensation, make one of these page where we will chose a toon that will receive the gift (orbs, etc) by mail (ingame mail) and 1 time

Only a rollback could save the servers

What happens to those that got nice things from packs they PAID for in the Cash Shop?

What happens to folks that (like me) spent an insane amount of time leveling their pets, or themselves, or drops ?

What about the ones that got the 1 in a zillion - rare drop they've been waiting for?

and etc.. etc..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • slapaj5
    slapaj5 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ****.. pc laggy killed my post....

So..

Why i should start again my hard work at archosaur server, and finish my quests again ( 3rd time...) because a server rollback...? With this you lose exp, quests, time, money, genie lucky points, lucky refine, merchant thingies... good items what you opened from packs... its a bad idea....

Do not Punish everyone for those who are unable to play fairly...
  • imnotwraith
    imnotwraith Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    b:cute

over 1000 players voted against anni packs too guess what? b:shutup
  • dabluegirl
    dabluegirl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'd be neutral if the option was offered- but I'm voting rollback to indicate my displeasure with people exploiting it. I do think a rollback will hurt an awful lot of innocent people.

I got 1 code on one account- the other account I put it in and it said I had it- but never received it.

My proposed solution is for people to send in support tickets with screenshots or names of obvious abusers - and have PWI staff investigate those names specifically to look for multiple orb code use. I'm not talking about people who got an extra set because the screen didn't update and they refreshed- I mean people who's names showed in world chat a dozen or more times. Some abusers may be missed, but it should cut down on the number of accounts that need to be investigated exponentially. And then give the abusers a 3 month ban. If they want to play in the meantime, they will have to start from scratch. I don't expect that perma bans will happen - but 3 months is more than a slap on the wrist.

It would be nice if everyone who was asleep or not playing during that time could get a code for 1 set of gifts- but I could live without that. I just would like to see people get some sort of meaningful punishment for the abuse - and lack of consideration for the player base they cheated out of getting anything at all..
  • _Thoren_ - Harshlands
    _Thoren_ - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I vote yes for a roll back but if they are gonna do one they need to get on with it. So I can get back to farming and grinding. Not even gonna bother playing until they make an announcement since I could lose any progress I made if they decide to rollback.
  • XxMahoxX - Lost City
    XxMahoxX - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    metalmana wrote: »
    1000 Players say Yes to the Rollback, to clean the server! Too many players got more than 3 orb... they got 50+

- Rollback the servers to the 20th, after maint
    - As compensation, make one of these page where we will chose a toon that will receive the gift (orbs, etc) by mail (ingame mail) and 1 time

Only a rollback could save the servers

Dont think this it's the way, cause wont solve the real problem. The real problem is the people that is dishonest, and will cause problems eventually. Not only in codes but in hacks bugs etc... I think we all have to just be honest with ourselfs and report the people is not so gms can ban them.
  • SalatigaBoy - Archosaur
    SalatigaBoy - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    no i dont agree, please if u do roolback many player will stoped play this..im just try new armor R8..im really hard to save money for got that damn reputation..
  • coy0te
    coy0te Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If you want a Rollback go to Walmart
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Where's the option about, regardless if they do a rollback or not, I'll keep playing? xD

I think people are over exaggerating about how many d orbs are in the game. Still if they want to do a rollback I will welcome it. It was/is quite sad how much ppl abused this.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • _StrikerR - Archosaur
    _StrikerR - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The problem is that if gm decides to do a rollback the more that they wait to do it the more loss will be for the playersb:surrender
  • /Psychopath/ - Sanctuary
    /Psychopath/ - Sanctuary Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Either roll it back or give the max no of packs that was abused by a player to all ......

Although second option is ridiculous ... most prefer the first ... b:laugh
  • TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    TheMVP - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    here is the update PWi handled it well in my opinion

UPDATE:
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs than intended unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why we did not go with a rollback.
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The only thing I'd like to see is giving us another redeem code for those who were offline and couldn't get anything, not even 3 oceans. Some of us actually have a real life and don't sit behind computer 24/7 lol
  • payazo05
    payazo05 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i hope its a good punishment for those abusers
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    When will the code be re enabled?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ummm so are they bringing back the code or is that just dust in the wind now?
  • Gundameister - Sanctuary
    Gundameister - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    At least we know that we are no getting roll back but come ON give us free orbs to the one didnt get anything b:cry
  • csar91
    csar91 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    code expired b:cry
  • azmeel
    azmeel Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i dont really care what u do to the code abusers and all but i would like a rollback
    because in all this spamming and everything i didnt get to use the code and now its been suspended so what about all the rest of us
  • montoyaaa
    montoyaaa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Honestly there should be a rollback, for these reasons. A temporary ban will not help much because it is still going to give the people that abused the code gear that is above the normal persons who earned what they have. A perma ban will take away people from this game and cost PWI to lose money. Taking away the refines and giving people a code for the orb that works would be the best thing.

A lot of people didnt read the post about the code, like myself. I didnt get the orb because I was asleep but if I had been on, hearing from other people you can use the code as much as you want, I wouldnt check the forums first I'd be all over that code, not being told it wasnt allowed... So I would get punished? A rollback at this point would be the fairest thing to do.
  • dumptie
    dumptie Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ban wont kill refines...

ROLLBACK ONLY OPTION
  • steelsteed
    steelsteed Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I DEMAND ROLL BACK!!! f:worry
  • noxtereg
    noxtereg Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Roll back should happen... this is ****.

The redeem page was saying to wait 10 minutes and submit again. so some people honestly were submitting thinking they were allowed to. while others somehow ended up with 50-100 orbs
  • Airmiid - Raging Tide
    Airmiid - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So no roll back? Enough is enough. After this I'm quitting, and most of my in game friends too. I spent real money a lot of time playing this game and after all this ppl who abuse and who got by "mistake" will just keep those itens. And we're supposed to move on and pretend it didn't happened?.. doesn't seem fair at all.
  • Aryanz - Morai
    Aryanz - Morai Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ftw PWI?
    When 70% of my server wants a rollback why the f.ck are you thinking? you should have thought when you published a code that could be misused, not now...

Use your brains when needed not after that...now listen to what people saying because you have no idea of what damage you doing to the market and you never had on the first place.

Or manually check everyone who used those Orbs and revert their refines along with those huge amount of event gold and charms... because other servers except Archo dint need them.
  • esrock
    esrock Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    roll back all the servers not just Archasoar Dreamweaver to or make it fair to all u have the trackers available to c who got what and who didntb:angryb:angry
  • RedXO - Dreamweaver
    RedXO - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I wonder what is the whole point of having this poll, since PWI staff has already made up their mind regarding what to do in case of this matter, at least according to some of the previous posts.

I just hope they take action sooner or later as I have postponed the leveling of any of my characters until the whole matter has been resolved.

People are going to be people no matter what issue that does involve, they are always going to take advantage of an error.
    Too bad that in this case everyone has to suffer.

Personally I do like this game and I hope I can get back into playing it.

And no I am not one of these that were able to redeem the code, not even once.
  • ravennevermore3
    ravennevermore3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I am one of the people who was in the roll back that Arch server had I lost a lot of things and I was very angry. I switched servers and was very happy to receive the orb pack. I am sorry that a few people found a glitch and ruined it for those whom were not able to redeem the code. I don't want a roll back I have been here for 3 years on the Arch server and when you loose everything do to a roll back it makes you mad. Now people are talking about a roll back again and for me and I can not speak for others who had to start over again It will be yet another set back so please do not roll us back.
  • faruskas
    faruskas Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    [QUOTE=

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

UPDATE:
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.[/QUOTE]

So please tell me, what would we, the people who didnt do any abuse, the people who didn't even received a compensation code yet, what would we going to receive and when?
    By the time i got the new code in my email account i was already expired, so i didnt had not even a chance to redeem anything... this is so unfair.... b:shockedb:shocked
  • novatheorganoid
    novatheorganoid Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    faruskas wrote: »
    So please tell me, what would we, the people who didnt do any abuse, the people who didn't even received a compensation code yet, what would we going to receive and when?
    By the time i got the new code in my email account i was already expired, so i didnt had not even a chance to redeem anything... this is so unfair.... b:shockedb:shocked

If you are not on Archosaur server, you will get....

Nothing!

It's as if you broke into Wonka's lab and stole the fizzy lifting drinks!

You wanna know why?

(Whispering) Because you weren't on Archosaur Server... so why are you getting compensated?