Rollback... Yes or No???

Options
167891012»

Comments

• hotlatina
    hotlatina Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    No, there shouldn't be a roll back 1 roll back was good enough don't need to go over it again ..some of us actually worked our butts off to get where we are, with no help so please keep how it is now b:cute
  • Odovacer - Dreamweaver
    Odovacer - Dreamweaver Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And you know this how, because there hasn't been divine retribution within the first 2 days? At the weekend?

Believe it or not but not everyone works seven days a week every week, let's see what happens Monday before jumping to rash and ignorant conclusions.

Well, Monday is here and guess what? Nothing, absolutely nothing is being done about it. I actually watched someone roll up 9 dragon orbs last night, days after the event. (no, it wasn't an alt, the name for all was exactly the same). Watched someone else roll another three today and I know they had more than 3 on the day of the event.

Let's face it, nothing is going to get done. There will be no punishment for any and the game will continue it's agonising spiral downward like a wounded bird.

Yeah, some will quit but the regulars will stay and it will be business as usual. Except PW's reputation will be a little more tarnished and the hope of actually growing this potentially great game will fade.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well, Monday is here and guess what? Nothing, absolutely nothing is being done about it

First post of the stickied thread got updated about an hour or so ago.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Odovacer - Dreamweaver
    Odovacer - Dreamweaver Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    First post of the stickied thread got updated about an hour or so ago.

Thank you Kossy and DoD. :) Moving in the right direction. :)
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If it's possible to remove the goodies from the abusers, that is my favorite solution.
    A little temporary ban added to it would even be better.

Another rollback would only hurt everyone. I already lived that kind of stupid event in my former MMORPG (and I'm glad I was rather inactive when it happened), I thought it would never exist here. Well, it did, after all. b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    kev1961 wrote: »
    I voted yes to roll back I have heard that some people got 2000 +10 orbs this is against PWI`s terms of service .
    I like many others got no reward and I have a char on the arch server
    Roll the game back to a point before the code was issued even if it means that all servers are down.

The only other way to make it all fair is to :-
    1 find out the highest number of +10 orbs any player got
    2 give all players the same number , taking off for the number any player got from PWI`s glitch
    3 issue a reward that can ONLY BE REDEMED ONCE PER ISP ACCOUNT to be given to all servers
    this should be easy for a PUBLICLY LISTED COMPANY like pwi is .

2000 +10 orbs? *** you are you out of your mind? that number was too high i think b:cryb:cry
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I have a suggestion:

Get over it.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Try convincing this person we should roll back the servers

That was just posted tonight in WC. f:laugh
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Try convincing this person we should roll back the servers

That was just posted tonight in WC. f:laugh

It's okay. According to a vocal minority, the fact that they won't want the server rolled back means that they CLEARLY exploited the code for 2959249428578195418471 orbs and should be ignored!

inb4 my sarcasm gets me attacked. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Begs the question, why are customers (brainless consumers) still blinded by faith in a dodgy company, or more over however a dodgy development team. b:laugh

Why are there still people who still leave their stalls in town hoping to sell things. Stalls in town means 'active players' stop running your computer for lengths of time when it isn't doing anything and just switch it off. Buy a better computer instead of paying this company. I know that is what I did. I stopped paying this shonky chinese company.

If pwe staff won't do anything this time I will quit. This is the worst exploit ever. Goons/dreamchaser/maiden chest glitches are a joke in comparision to this disaster.

Pwe staff just killed the game because they killed the end-game motivation. And the end-game motivation is the only reason why most people are still here.

What i dont get PW gives and then people complain they dont get then they still complain f:bike

Sounds like a 3 strikes problem. I wouldn't be bothering anymore. b:laugh
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • suricristal
    suricristal Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well i will post a bit about this ,

they are bugs on all games , it is so , but this is something else ,

i am not much on see bots , cheaters of all kinds .

I was not there and don't care much as i am r9 already long before this .

roll back or not is not even the real question but what about a good look to you all !

some are right people try hard without cheating moving along but it's more and more less people , the society and there i mean real one shows up to many things .

it's not only pwi that should make a state on their behaviour .

i can understand both those who says roll back cause yes it's not fair at all .
    and those who says no , i don't mean some cheaters that want to keep their gain but some players doing what they can and moved a bit on stuff or level during the time discussing ,

I wonder why they ask people for roll back or not , in fact i know it's so obvious , they so would say was your choice , so they take no responsability on the fix on their mess up .

if roll back is done with your vote , they may turn to the unhappy and say look it's the community decision !

I am sorry that such a big company with so many games , is not able to act after a big mistake , that should not happen but well nobody is perfect , so mistakes happen , admit it is a good start , then fix it and really in that huge case of abuses and amounts , this discussion should not even be there !

Most would already have done roll back without asking anyone of community , not because they don't care , just because they do their job ,

That thing should have not happened but it did so do what needed to fix it the best way it can , seems the roll back is the less worst solution so go with it and stop talking about it please or you will loose the few left !!