Rollback... Yes or No???

Options

Comments

• Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If you are not on Archosaur server, you will get....

Nothing!

It's as if you broke into Wonka's lab and stole the fizzy lifting drinks!

You wanna know why?

(Whispering) Because you weren't on Archosaur Server... so why are you getting compensated?

This was open to all servers you idiot. Read OP. Archosaur got 5x and this. Once again like i said earlier you guys keep QQing about a dang rollback and you get everything. So again ill say i invite a rollback if it means 5x exp, orbs and i guess even more since the mod only said archosaur gets a targed reward or whatever.

Meanwhile servers like mine get nothing even though our servers were down hours longer than yours every single maint and we were frozen in instances etc etc?

This seems fair.
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If you are not on Archosaur server, you will get....

Nothing!

It's as if you broke into Wonka's lab and stole the fizzy lifting drinks!

You wanna know why?

(Whispering) Because you weren't on Archosaur Server... so why are you getting compensated?

There were people on the Archosaur server who took the codes from Archosaur server, where the market was flooded with 10*s, and redeemed them on other servers where they had retained their value. I agree that the compensation thing was flawwed in the first place, but now that the damage has been done I think its problematic to say here, 50% of the people on this server get stuff, 50% do not, especially when the cost of that stuff is all pretty high.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • A_Ficus - Sanctuary
    A_Ficus - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    says the code already expired.
  • TahBeast - Lost City
    TahBeast - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    says the code already expired.

lol....
  • BlackMorder - Raging Tide
    BlackMorder - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The ones saying No rollback are stupid ***** on alts.... ofc rollback, only way n wise way is a damn rollback. PWI plz GTFO with ur fawkin orbs we dont want this sht anymore...... ROLLBACK OR MANYYYY WILL QUIT!!!!!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    would be funny if the vote could show who voted more than once on alts lol...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    70/30 in a poll is pretty major...even hotbed issues like ARC downloads were at most 60/40. Not like it matters anyway...PWI just does the complete opposite of what players want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    70/30 in a poll is pretty major...even hotbed issues like ARC downloads were at most 60/40. Not like it matters anyway...PWI just does the complete opposite of what players want.
    only a handful of pple post on the forums tho so its pretty inaccurate. I wouldnt put my job on the line for this lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Relogging until a roll back b:shutupb:laugh
  • phixion11
    phixion11 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    For me if there is no roll back and no code for the masses that received none to due to people abusing the first code and it stays as it is my pwi days are done
  • ameliajo
    ameliajo Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Rollback is the only way to fix this game now, its way too broken
  • imdivine
    imdivine Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I am just wondering who in their right mind would vote NO on this poll?

I would understand if some didnt care either way but for so many to vote no sounds strange.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Options
    imdivine wrote: »
    I am just wondering who in their right mind would vote NO on this poll?

I would understand if some didnt care either way but for so many to vote no sounds strange.

They're the ones who received multiple orbs and don't want to lose them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • HouJehnsi - Heavens Tear
    HouJehnsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    How about those people who didnt get a chance to get their orbs? b:surrender
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    why PWI staff never learn? This is not the 1st time they mess up with the code , they should do something with the code they given...

Why not code anymore instead sending all to account and player can choose 1 char only to open it? That's just and idea. i got 3 orb btw no more no less and i say no to roll back. I know pwi can trace those who got more than 3. and those who dont have yet.

They having hardtime answering all the ticket that they received so they release a CODE for all, not a good move now they will be recieving more ticket than they received before. goodluck on that.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If pwe staff won't do anything this time I will quit. This is the worst exploit ever. Goons/dreamchaser/maiden chest glitches are a joke in comparision to this disaster.

Pwe staff just killed the game because they killed the end-game motivation. And the end-game motivation is the only reason why most people are still here.

What i dont get PW gives and then people complain they dont get then they still complain f:bike

Not really? People got away with much worse with the dream chaser packs like billions of coin, free coin that could be spent not 100s of millions in savings cause of bound d orbs.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1645671

They're not going to do anything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Spi - Morai
    Spi - Morai Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

UPDATE:
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.

I remember early in one MMO (look at my sig for the game I'm talking about), there was an exploit where people could very cheaply refine all their gears to +12 (yes, that game has a +12 system similar to PWI). The whole server was up in arms about it, +12 messages were rolling across the chat.

Within a few hours, ALL of those +12 items disappeared, without even the need to roll back. The people who glitched and exploited lost all the mats they used exploiting this glitch. A gamemaster came on and said in chat, "We do not tolerate abuse of game glitches or mechanics in any way, and those who used this glitch will not be reimbursed for their materials".

The population that didn't cheat cheered for joy that day b:chuckle.

That's how a company PROPERLY handles something like this without completely destroying their reputation.

[QUOTE= ToS]
    10. User Conduct

You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.

Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:

(a) Harm minors in any way;
    (b) Impersonate any person or entity, including any PWE officials, forum leaders, guides, hosts, employees or agents, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
    (c) Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message transmitted through the Website;
    (d) Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
    (e) Interfere with or disrupt the Service, the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
    (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;
    (g) Collect, store, post or otherwise disseminate any personal data about other users;
    (h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;
    (i) Engage in, encourage, or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that violates these Terms or the Rules of Conduct;
    (j) Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized game play;
    (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,
    (m) trade, sell, auction or otherwise transfer any virtual items or goods of any nature outside the game; and/or
    (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

PWE may take any actions and impose any penalties we deem necessary to discourage and punish any violation of these terms or any other illegal or inappropriate conduct, all without prior notice or warning
    . .[/QUOTE]

All I see is people telling me "Next Glitch, you should take a part of it!! See ? everybody is doing it, since the beginning, and they never had nothing. Don't wait for them to get punished, be like them and Enjoy like they do"

Ain't no Perfect World b:sad
  • mysticpanda20
    mysticpanda20 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Not everyone that vote No glitched the codes.... I didn't and neither did a friend. My friend doesn't want a rollback because for the past few days, they were from level 1 to about the 70s without powerleveling I believe. Not only that, they manage to earn some coins (probably from Jolly) to get tm79 cape. Unlike some, I still have a hard time earning coins besides going to Jolly. Anyway, by doing a rollback, some people's honest efforts would be going down the drain. It might not be a majority of the people but I just want to mention that there is some sort of reason for "no".
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I voted no and here is why...
    Rollback will hurt more then the "abusers" If you happened to have bought zen during this time your cc is charged and while the game is rolled back you not only lose anything you bought but now you've lost the money also!!! The accounting to fix that would be a nightmare and would likely result in even bigger abuse then is current now.
    Currently they could simply mass mail everyone 3 orbs ( yes I know abusers would get some also ) and then everyone would be at least receiving the INTENDED gift. Then they can dig and go after those that TRULY abused the system.
    while I did get the orbs on one of my chars accidentally, on my other accounts I got nothing... So I'm one of the "victims" just one of the luckier ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Rollback will hurt more then the "abusers" If you happened to have bought zen during this time your cc is charged and while the game is rolled back you not only lose anything you bought but now you've lost the money also!!! The accounting to fix that would be a nightmare and would likely result in even bigger abuse then is current now.

Who knows, if theyd make a rollback and have to fix the amount of zen people get after it, maybe they make another mistake enable people to charge as much zen as they want b:chuckle Would be fair thinking of the amount of money PWE often gets for nothing >>
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Currently they could simply mass mail everyone 3 orbs ( yes I know abusers would get some also ) and then everyone would be at least receiving the INTENDED gift. Then they can dig and go after those that TRULY abused the system.
    while I did get the orbs on one of my chars accidentally, on my other accounts I got nothing... So I'm one of the "victims" just one of the luckier ones.

They did pay back the sen on Arch really fast, pwi care too much about c$ers to don't pay back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This thread is falling on deaf ears and oblivious eyes. Practically pointless.

They made it clear they aren't rolling back period.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ATM private servers are more legit than the official US server, so why even play?

-removed-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ATM private servers are more legit than the official US server, so why even play?

-removed-

Agreed~ f:grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Let's hope some tough pwi gamers of california/redwood city give the pwe staff a warm welcome on monday morning and motivate them to do their jobs right b:kiss
  • Opheliella - Sanctuary
    Opheliella - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Eh...I wish there was a "neutral" option. I hate to be a fence-sitter, but I am concerned about the long-term implications of both the pack abuse and a rollback. A rollback might cause loads of people to ragequit, while the abuse will definitely affect the economy, because all these people will be spending significantly less on upgrades, both in coins and gold. In the end, I lean toward a rollback. Ideally I'd just want all the abusers (like, the serious abusers who got 20+ orbs on their accounts) to be punished, but because PWI probably can't prove with reasonable accuracy who the worst offenders were, a rollback would show no tolerance for code abuses and also allow PWI to acknowledge their lack of foresight - not hating, it happens - and fix it definitively.
    Rubyfruit - fox disguised as a tin can
    Haromir - healing rainbow
    Nuditea - axe body spray
    Opheliora - the mullet is mightier than the scythe
    Wandering aimlessly through Burning Heart since June 09.
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    PWI has said no rollbacks ok if they did it now the tw and nw will be f up so drop this and don't be big babys about this. I did get orbs so what move on b:laugh
  • Iiyrana - Dreamweaver
    Iiyrana - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I Wouldn't ouldnt have wanted a roll back and i only got 3 orbs. i wish people who assume that players who didn't wanna roll back was the ones who abused it. >.>
  • jackie123456789
    jackie123456789 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    seriously some of you think this was worse then the goon sfc ,ok before nw maybe wasn't but a few point and not huge but NW pots at 105 40% more damg 20 more def and 10% more hp.

so many got r9 gears with glitches MOG and other been stated. well game went on the op player on my server basically same ones always been there. I've checked many peoples gears since codes came out a few are full +10 most are 7-9 range from avg 5-6 before. I will know more tomorrow but betting and would bet large I will see no difference.

As I stated earlier I had all my gear +10 before this and don't really care that I spent billions in coins and had my rank gear in bank for months before had it where was better to wear then my 2nd nirvana gears because of the refines and gems in it. there so many this did help by allowing them refine a couple pieces of gears.

Even went out see if this would bring more people out to pvp at west and silver pool, you know what was the same OP people that do nothing but gank kill as before.

I agree it isn't fair that some people didn't get any and others got several, wasn't fair when people got several MOG fro dq point making tradable by stacking on one from boutique either or people coming up with several hundred GST to sell in cat shops. Same with people making millions selling sfc and people getting to 105 with no effort or even several chars 100 because of this. wasn't fair for the few that had worked there azz off get r8 and they sell rep .

life isn't fair and this is a damn game.so many saying I'm going to quit if a server isn't rolled back and so many saying will quit if it does. Fine quit said many times games are for fun if it isn't fun find anther one, the game play isn't changed by this it really isn't.

side note best move I seen anyone do on my server was a person selling binding charms he was getting 4-5 mil each, much better then the crazy valc pot prices during the sfc days.

you know what new gears that wont transfer will be out and the assention with expansion will any one that got refines be better off then? nope not a 1.will people now work on 11 and 12 orbs if got there gears to 10? more then likely or more orbs to get rest to 10.tommorrow will any one didn't get the orbs not be able to do what the did today? absolutely not there game will be same as it was.

if any my friends quit over this sorry to see you go it has been fun, but game will go on and any op people quit because you thin unfair you spent time o r money get op see ya that's one more step in the food chain I just gained .I will continue making the game fun and when day comes it isn't fun any more then will find anther that is.

You're defending it cause you're best friends with crimson and 2/3 of crimson abused the glitch.. hmm shocker i'd bet money you did too
    I say no because most people voting no are the ones who didn't get anything,and yes it's not hard to check logs on the multiple dragon orb abusors in the servers.And also it's pw's fault and they just have to suck it up.

The people today are getting to higher levels fast prob due to glut bing pv or some other well hidden exploit.

If 1/3 of the pwi population abused the code theres nothing they can do punishment wise. They cant ban 1/3 of the players permanently. That means the only solutions a roll back.

And idk about other servers but everyother person i gear check on harshlands went from +7- +10-+11.. Specifically crimson, and i hear a lot of crimsons mad at the other half of crimson cause they didnt get **** while others are +11-+12 now
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If 1/3 of the pwi population abused the code theres nothing they can do punishment wise. They cant ban 1/3 of the players permanently. That means the only solutions a roll back.

And idk about other servers but everyother person i gear check on harshlands went from +7- +10-+11.. Specifically crimson, and i hear a lot of crimsons mad at the other half of crimson cause they didnt get **** while others are +11-+12 now

wow really? i though that orb cannot combine with other orb?b:shutupb:shutup