[Rollback - Archosaur Server] UPDATED 11.20.13

Options

Comments

• DemonAsh - Archosaur
    DemonAsh - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    what i feel they all just care about there own time and get lazy to fix problem and just rerolled server 4 day back..what about the player time they use in game to farm or wtever they did to make profit or lvling or gears..
    come up with better valid reason rather than lame excuses
    GG GMS
  • Osacee - Raging Tide
    Osacee - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    all the gates I opened are gone, the book I have been working on getting from carona for my cleric --gone...and I I have to do it all over again...makes me wonder if it is time to look for another game that I don't have to use Arc on (with all it's embedded spyware) yes spyware--had to take my computer to my geeks and they said Arc was what crashed my computer..my anti-spyware stopping Arc's spyware. I have invested a lot in this game...you ought to be ashamed of yourself.
  • XDChaser - Archosaur
    XDChaser - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This is the last post I'll make regarding this.

What kind of incompetent tech team only backs data up weekly?

"There was a critical error, we spent 6 hours trying to fix it, but got lazy and gave up, so just rerolled the server back 4 days prior to the critical error. Here's 2x"

^ That should've just been the announcement.
    I completely agree, I want to know if this is it, 2x that is all they gonna give out as a compensation. do they know customer service? personally I lose over 500mil in both coin and boutique items combine, all the money I have been working for the past 5 months is cut by 40% I have reach a point beyond rage
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So what your saying is all the items i got from opening packs are now gone too & i won't be getting them back?

I hope not

Ticket sent in about it already
  • elmasmarco
    elmasmarco Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    so NW tokens are gone and with it re-rolls on r8r boots. and with it int on it b:surrender so yeah i hope you can come back with a compensation for that.
  • Twerd - Archosaur
    Twerd - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Officially Quit PWI Today and all my friends doing the same, We are taking our debit card to another game. See ya b:pleased

I wont bother with such a bad staff that only compensates w/ bad items and x2 exp, drops ect.

Only Suggestion to you die hard players that will still play is this slowly dying game:

1. Don't take your feet of their tail keep steeping on it. Let other people know about this and not forget it (unless they re compensate you accordingly which I doubt will happen). Let other servers know how pwi really is and what they do to our server. (what could happen to them).

2. STRIKE!! NOVEMBER 14 NO ONE LOG IN AT ALL. DON'T CHARGE ZEN OR LOG IN UNTILL THEY "OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE THEIR SOLUTION". AND DONT LOG IN. (OTHER SERVERS DO THIS BETTER ALSO).\

That being said Goodbye I QUIT PWI. b:pleasedb:bye
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This is the last post I'll make regarding this.

What kind of incompetent tech team only backs data up weekly?

"There was a critical error, we spent 6 hours trying to fix it, but got lazy and gave up, so just rerolled the server back 4 days prior to the critical error. Here's 2x"

^ That should've just been the announcement.

Bet the farm they back up more often than once a week. One full backup, then incremental backups which track the changes made since the full.

Unfortunately, the corruption seems to be in the full backup, so the incrementals can't fix it. The existence of incrementals MIGHT allow them to recoup some of the lost information. Indeed it might explain why the rollback seems to not be universal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hey everyone,

The rollback that occurred was chosen because it would ensure everyone would still have access to their characters on Archosaur.

2x EXP/SP/Drops was the only immediate compensation possible at the time, but I will be speaking with the managers on what our options are for further compensation. Whether that means a restoration of items, coins, etc lost over the past few days (Nov 9th-12th) is actually possible, I do not know.

I will keep you all updated as soon as I can.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    2. STRIKE!! NOVEMBER 14 NO ONE LOG IN AT ALL. DON'T CHARGE ZEN OR LOG IN UNTILL THEY "OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE THEIR SOLUTION". AND DONT LOG IN. (OTHER SERVERS DO THIS BETTER ALSO).

Everyone on Archosaur please heed this call, so I can ravage the countryside alone, with no competition for resources, mobs, bosses or herbs. b:chuckle
    Hey everyone,

The rollback that occurred was chosen because it would ensure everyone would still have access to their characters on Archosaur.

2x EXP/SP/Drops was the only immediate compensation possible at the time, but I will be speaking with the managers on what our options are for further compensation. Whether that means a restoration of items, coins, etc lost over the past few days (Nov 9th-12th) is actually possible, I do not know.

Thanks DoD. I know this sucks for you, too. Now go get us some goodies. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    That is realy nice of you now give me back my Zen and good bye PWI, I had already started playing anouther MMO and loosing 4% xp at 104 not nice.

x2 drops does not a thing for me nor does trying to give me gold. You managed to mess up major and you want to just roll back and say there you go!

If you purchased with PayPal put ticket in with them. When PWI starts having to pay back the money maybe they will get the picture!

be very careful here... you should demand your money back.. but if you file a claim against PWI be prepared to have your account perma-banned...

I am not saying what has happened is right, they should be squirming until they fix and provide restitution for the RL money, etc. But if you want to play, and be in game for whatever their solution is, being banned won't help.

just giving you some info, because its happened to others who sought their money back during previous issues.
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Are you serious? Hundreds of millions of dollars, R9, 100k rep, and almost 10% at level 103? I'm glad it's no big deal to you but they stole from me.
    Yeah.
  • MochiBean - Archosaur
    MochiBean - Archosaur Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    be very careful here... you should demand your money back.. but if you file a claim against PWI be prepared to have your account perma-banned...

I am not saying what has happened is right, they should be squirming until they fix and provide restitution for the RL money, etc. But if you want to play, and be in game for whatever their solution is, being banned won't help.

just giving you some info, because its happened to others who sought their money back during previous issues.

I agree don't do it you will get banned. It's already happened to someone.
  • merchant1337
    merchant1337 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Officially Quit PWI Today and all my friends doing the same, We are taking our debit card to another game. See ya b:pleased

I wont bother with such a bad staff that only compensates w/ bad items and x2 exp, drops ect.

Only Suggestion to you die hard players that will still play is this slowly dying game:

1. Don't take your feet of their tail keep steeping on it. Let other people know about this and not forget it (unless they re compensate you accordingly which I doubt will happen). Let other servers know how pwi really is and what they do to our server. (what could happen to them).

2. STRIKE!! NOVEMBER 14 NO ONE LOG IN AT ALL. DON'T CHARGE ZEN OR LOG IN UNTILL THEY "OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE THEIR SOLUTION". AND DONT LOG IN. (OTHER SERVERS DO THIS BETTER ALSO).\

+1 I quit also This is Pathetic, NO Point in Wasting Time HERE. You lost me too PWI
    b:bye
  • cindy91111
    cindy91111 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Rollback is the End of PWI archo server...Just it!!!!!!!!!!b:shutupb:shutupb:shutup

PWI should learn from other game which doing same thing on his game. Rollback data = End of thoose game.
    That my suggestion.
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Wow.....knew the game was getting worse with memory leaks but sheesh a roll back? This game is become so terrible it's laughable now.
  • clericfunk
    clericfunk Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Please Roll Back Our Money/time Some People Didnt Sleep For 3 Days??
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    cindy91111 wrote: »
    Rollback is the End of PWI archo server...Just it!!!!!!!!!!b:shutupb:shutupb:shutup

If I'm the last guy left on the server, does that mean I win?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sanandreas
    sanandreas Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Don't worry, just chill, they will take care of, stop that madness, tyvm ;)b:victory
  • LadyTsuki - Harshlands
    LadyTsuki - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Erm, if you read entire thread you would of saw people lost real money in the roll back along with in game items so if you wish to call people small-minded and greedy go dump the cash that some have in the game and just lost and lose it yourself them tell me how you would react.

Correctin: its not theft considering that pwi owns the rights, the its and even our characters. By signing the TOS we made it clear that we understand that we are merely renting the characters and ites however pwi can take them back when they see fit.
    Formerly LadyTsukiyo: Nab cleric, and Harshlands biggest loudmouth. Annoying the living **** out of people, Self-Proclaimed Queen of Sarcasm and One-liners circa 1990.

Died as a cleric, reincarnated into a mystic.
  • DemonAsh - Archosaur
    DemonAsh - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    sanandreas wrote: »
    Don't worry, just chill, they will take care of, stop that madness, tyvm ;)b:victory
    hope so but question is when ????????
    after half server quit?
  • horsewings
    horsewings Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hey everyone,

^^ there had better be a restoration of everyone's items, i'm sure they realize how many people are going to quit it they don't. This is completely their fault, they need to do something to fix it.
  • Awesomeonly - Raging Tide
    Awesomeonly - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    someday they will reroll to the start of the server n say we had no other way sorry ur r9 n all ur chars got deleted bt this was the only way we had................. lol next maint can we expect that coming? b:question

LOL that could would and just may happen. lol but at this point idc anymore they can do watever they want take they time go play with they self with lub im done no more USD for them. crazy part is after all stop giving them they money and RQ then they game will Die then what? a PWI Server Shut Down for good? f:angry no point in going on cause it may happen again. f:angry
  • Ruechen - Archosaur
    Ruechen - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Correctin: its not theft considering that pwi owns the rights, the its and even our characters. By signing the TOS we made it clear that we understand that we are merely renting the characters and ites however pwi can take them back when they see fit.

you reposted this exactly the same 4 or 5 pages back at least cos i responded.. can a mod or gm please fix her double post thanks. (see post 184)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] yeѕ, ι нαve тwo мodeѕ..ι ғeαr ɴoтнιɴɢ υɴleѕѕ ι'м ѕтυcĸ вeнιɴd α вαrв wιтн eхceѕѕιve ɢαѕ
  • SilverMayhem - Archosaur
    SilverMayhem - Archosaur Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    cindy91111 wrote: »

PWI should learn from other game which doing same thing on his game. Rollback data = End of thoose game.
    That my suggestion.

You do understand that a data Corruption isn't as easy as Getting a virus from your "Church" Websites that you visit on a daily Bases. Its not just, back up your saved data on a External Hard drive and reboot. Its much more complex then that and suggesting a simple fix is like putting a wooden plank on a Pot hole on a freeway. :3 You drive over that.

PWI isnt' the first Game to have a roll back. Blizzard and countless others have had Roll back, Data lost and even more drastic things. This is what you get from a Download and Play MMO. Be happy they are even trying to fix it. Blizzard and out major companys have a "Too big to fail, to big to care" when things like this happen. So be patent.

ALSO, everyone QQing and Crying for GMs as if most of them have a special coding that can return everything to normal with Pixy dust farting out of their butts need a rain check. Rage all you want but it happened. If you are gonna let 3 days of your PWI life define what you have done in years and years of playing, then logic and reasoning is not in your nature.

GMs, Mods, Admins. Whatever level they are and whatever you want to call them. They are people just like us.
    Logic = Against ToS. It's the answer to all "Wtf..." Moments during normal gameplay with other players.
  • Awesomeonly - Raging Tide
    Awesomeonly - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    All in RT Server we have the rights to Rage
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Think about it, Striking is completely pointless as all it will do is give PWI an easy day because of no issues/complaints etc to deal with.

Stop buying Zhen will hurt them more but let's be honest here, PWI could EASILY reimburse us as at the end of the day, it's only pixels to them but alot more to us!
  • cgatsby
    cgatsby Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    GMs, Admins. Whatever level they are and whatever you want to call them. They are people just like us.

These ppl got payed to do/settle this. So they are not people just like us.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Think about it, Striking is completely pointless as all it will do is give PWI an easy day because of no issues/complaints etc to deal with.

Stop buying Zhen will hurt them more but let's be honest here, PWI could EASILY reimburse us as at the end of the day, it's only pixels to them but alot more to us!
    Only way how to hurt PWI is LEAVE.
    BTW. Is nice to read this angry reactions of people who didn't realize PWI's death yet.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thankfully, I stopped playing for a few months. I'm just curious, on a roll back, what happens if you purchased zen? When they roll back, doesn't it take your gold away? Are you reimbursed on your credit/debit card? If not, how can you roll back, taking away gold from people, and yet still charging individuals cards? If so, then those people are lucky they at least got their money back.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    cgatsby wrote: »
    These ppl got payed to do/settle this. So they are not people just like us.

So the fry cook at McDonald's isn't a "person like us" because s/he gets paid to flip the burgers the people eat there? Most of us have jobs and, regardless of what that job is, it shouldn't somehow make us any less human all of a sudden. :/

Edit:
    Thankfully, I stopped playing for a few months. I'm just curious, on a roll back, what happens if you purchased zen? When they roll back, doesn't it take your gold away? Are you reimbursed on your credit/debit card? If not, how can you roll back, taking away gold from people, and yet still charging individuals cards? If so, then those people are lucky they at least got their money back.
    It's been stated those who made purchases will be compensated. I'm assuming they'll be reimbursed with gold directly but I, personally, do not know.

You are correct that the rollback would remove any gold that had been sent to the server during that time.
    (Insert fancy image here)