[Rollback - Archosaur Server] UPDATED 11.20.13

Options

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hmm the thread is coming up to speed :) b:chuckle
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • MedAlert - Raging Tide
    MedAlert - Raging Tide Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    przfighter wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

During tonight's server maintenance, we discovered a critical issue for Archosaur server. After many attempts at fixing it, we decided the best and only way to fix this is to do a character roll back to a time when the server was at a stable state. We will be rolling back Archosaur to November 9th at 10:00 AM PST.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur after the servers open.

Well whatever you did the Raging Tide server is broken. I dont even have any chars.
  • BlAcKHeArT - Archosaur96
    BlAcKHeArT - Archosaur96 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    GG pwi b:victory b:thanks wish i hadn't come back again after quiting.. oh well time to quit again i guess b:bye
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hey i dont play Archosaur but i do have one ,probably stupid but still a question!

Why the 9th ?! What was actually different at that point in time then just before the maintenance and the updates started ?

Or you guys just didnt make a backup before running the maintenance and the last one was ... 9th ? Lol
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • AngryTeddy - Archosaur
    AngryTeddy - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I seriously just wanna quit now
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    a few millions u dont talk less than billions i presume it better to lose ur char initialy than loose multy millions..................... n plz go play in ur server i hope it never happens there............
    It did, and I will fully-geared. I worked for days straight to gear up, so yea.. I know what it's like, but get over it, you lost a little XP and some coin, coin which is easy to regain
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • korn25
    korn25 Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So the does these mean that my demon/sage card that i just redeemed before maint. will be lost!?b:shutupthe time wasted in farming those dq items lost pop's like a bubble.b:shocked and the new skill i just bought earlier, that seems it will take me like forever to farm the price of it, which will disappear with no refunds!!b:sad b:surrenderb:surrender
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hey i dont play Archosaur but i do have one ,probably stupid but still a question!

Why the 9th ?! What was actually different at that point in time then just before the maintenance and the updates started ?

Or you guys just didnt make a backup before running the maintenance and the last one was ... 9th ? Lol
    Backups are done irregularly, so it's not always "right before" that they can manage to use
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    come speak up ? what was this issue ? why did u have to roll back ? And who are you again ? why arent the regular gm;s speaking anymore ? or the mods ?

The mods can't tell you anything you don't already know since they're just normal players who try to keep the forums clean and the GMs have been up all night and are probably asleep... or the few who are awake don't visit the forums/wouldn't be able to give any new information about this or do anything involving it.

For now, we're all busy waiting until someone who works in the right department is awake and can be contacted.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Its sad for those who just rolled double int on their G16 weapon or r8r armor or maybe single int on r8r boots or got something very good out of a small amount of packs.

The rest imo are just crybabies. :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • cryara
    cryara Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It did, and I will fully-geared. I worked for days straight to gear up, so yea.. I know what it's like, but get over it, you lost a little XP and some coin, coin which is easy to regain

you lost 2 days, we lost a week.

Please if you don't care just pass by and pray it won't happen with your server.
  • succubiwolf
    succubiwolf Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I seriously just wanna quit now

Same !!!!!! b:angry

AND STILL NO ONE GETTING IN HERE AND TALK TO US!!!!

Just what kind of people are in charge of all this?????? b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • faruskas
    faruskas Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Before the Rollback i had used my DQ pts to buy a demon/sage event card as well as 12,000 pts worth of random dyes, both purchases due on 11/11/13. But after the rollback, the items purchased are no longer credited, however the DQ points (62,000) have been deducted from my acc. So does it mean i lost those points or PWI will credit back those 62k pts back into my acc? b:angryb:angryb:angry I'm so pissed off that i'm willing to quit this game if this issue is not positively solved!!!!
  • _JasON_hEll - Archosaur
    _JasON_hEll - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hello everyone,

During tonight's server maintenance, we discovered a critical issue for Archosaur server. After many attempts at fixing it, we decided the best and only way to fix this is to do a character roll back to a time when the server was at a stable state. We will be rolling back Archosaur to November 9th at 10:00 AM PST.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur after the servers open.

This is **** i lost my real cash all my zen is gone..
    i want my money back b:cryb:cryb:angryb:angry
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Backups are done irregularly, so it's not always "right before" that they can manage to use

Backups are done right before a update and or maintenance. Especialy if your doing a update for something that was broken and or needed to be fixed.

Irregularly yes but maintenances and updates are something you ALWAYS do a backup before attempting.

Why? Well just so you dont lose 3-5-7-10 days in ur database and get your players pissed, and lose them in the meantime.

For further reference check up on all of these ppl pissed with a proper reason, specialy those that lose IRL money ;)
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • XXxColaxXx - Archosaur
    XXxColaxXx - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Is there a way to bypass the 100 hr rule for 1 week so our members that we had to add back today can still TW with us this weekend?
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The mods can't tell you anything you don't already know since they're just normal players who try to keep the forums clean and the GMs have been up all night and are probably asleep... or the few who are awake don't visit the forums/wouldn't be able to give any new information about this or do anything involving it.

For now, we're all busy waiting until someone who works in the right department is awake and can be contacted.

come down to our position, be a part of our server, lose the same things we did. and then say that i would totally agree. Its like here doggy come take a treat and be happy. Thats what they did to us.

And to what they did, they need to respond.

How funny kind of roll bakc is this ?

TW maps are ok, NW tokens are OK, Books, Shards are missing from inventory, they take the money you got from selling things, but they dont return you what you sold ? the charm is in the same lvl i left last night before server maint so what kind of Reroll IS THIS ?????????
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Gawd I am so angry right now lol.

Guess I'll just go play D.O.P. Sony Online seems to have their ducks in a row better than PWE lately.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    While this is not the best of fates, assuming "Archosaur" is stable (or at least close to it) now: would you all rather have continued to experience severe server instability and possibly even greater losses and "missed" opportunities?

What if they decided to take the route towards fixing the actual problem that required the roll-back and it took them...say, about a week (and considering how "quick" they are at fixing things, that's optimistic). Would a week of being unable to log in or play consistently have been preferred to a rollback like this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    come down to our position, be a part of our server, lose the same things we did. and then say that i would totally agree. Its like here doggy come take a treat and be happy. Thats what they did to us.

And to what they did, they need to respond.

How funny kind of roll bakc is this ?

TW maps are ok, NW tokens are OK, Books, Shards are missing from inventory, they take the money you got from selling things, but they dont return you what you sold ? the charm is in the same lvl i left last night before server maint so what kind of Reroll IS THIS ?????????

I am part of your position. I play all the servers as a regular player too. I'm also get the joys of having to keep a cool head when PWE screws up because I've volunteered to help deal with the flood that inevitably strikes the forums. The mods don't get any special privileges ingame. We have no ability to do anything to the servers or for them.

Honestly, the rollback isn't that big of a thing to me if whatever they've fixed stays that way and we don't have all the instability issues (Looking at RT as an example). Especially since I've been through rollbacks before on other games. Some of which were far more severe than this four day loss we've had here. Plus, like I said in my response here, whatever they found must have been big, because they have NEVER done a rollback before. Even when players were demanding one they chose to go and remove all the issues manually so that we wouldn't have to suffer through a rollback.

As for compensation, we'll have to wait and see just what they do and how. For all we know, this time it may actually be something decent (yeah I'm not holding my breath either but it's nice to hope). Until we know, though, we can't really yell at them for what they haven't done yet. If it turns out to suck then I'll sigh and do more cleaning up while everyone yells at them, but until that happens... b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • pcg
    pcg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ok so i lot arou nd 30 mill my barb exp n all the skills maxed on my barb, ok, no biggie.

BUT how about my gf loosing her new r9 wrist?

do u think x2 would fix it?

get this thing fixed or fire all the staff
  • jairoluis
    jairoluis Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    supossed to be just a server restart....9 hours ago the server was working right....how in the world can you find a critical error... why... why now :(
    supposed to be just a simple restart :(
    b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • Zymari - Archosaur
    Zymari - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I WANT ALL MY STUFF BACK YOU *** TARDS!!!! I most millions of coin, refines, 25 player lvls across 2 toons. NOT TO MENTION 3 PETS THAT I LEVELED FROM 29-50 and all shards are gone too!!!....Along with the 15 mill I got from bh rewards.... PWI>>> SUCK MY LEFT NUT!!!! I wont let you touch the right one though. It still hurts from where you kicked me.
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

i didnt lsot some coins i lost plenty of them if u up gear i presume u had money n bought the mats or had mats n all n made it ur coins r as intacts as they were u char jsut rerolled many ppl hv lsot a bit too much to get over.............
  • Awesomeonly - Raging Tide
    Awesomeonly - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    sky6669 wrote: »
    to clarify for everyone. everything in the past 4 days that u did will now be gone forever. pw wont compensate for anything. they wont give you anything back. and you know why. because they dont give a ****. and its a perfect reason for them to get players to spend more cash of this dieing game. my advice uninstall and put them ***'s out of there jobs that they cant even do correctly.

ps. BYE PWI AND **** OFF

lol wow they did it again >.> well looking at all of these Thread's its kinda funny cause i knew it was not going to get any better cause everytime they try to fix it the game go down hill, so with this i must say.. HOW THE *** U CALL UR SELFS GAME MASTERS "GM" when u cant even fix the sht u call ur self a GM of? Lmao this is *** UP AND I MEAN IT PWI. its not right and u will see no more of my USD count on it f:fume P.S This is for you f:brick
  • LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    LadyAgrona - Archosaur Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I am part of your position. I play all the servers as a regular player too. I'm also get the joys of having to keep a cool head when PWE screws up because I've volunteered to help deal with the flood that inevitably strikes the forums. The mods don't get any special privileges ingame. We have no ability to do anything to the servers or for them.

Honestly, the rollback isn't that big of a thing to me if whatever they've fixed stays that way and we don't have all the instability issues (Looking at RT as an example). Especially since I've been through rollbacks before on other games. Some of which were far more severe than this four day loss we've had here. Plus, like I said in my response here, whatever they found must have been big, because they have NEVER done a rollback before. Even when players were demanding one they chose to go and remove all the issues manually so that we wouldn't have to suffer through a rollback.

As for compensation, we'll have to wait and see just what they do and how. For all we know, this time it may actually be something decent (yeah I'm not holding my breath either but it's nice to hope). Until we know, though, we can't really yell at them for what they haven't done yet. If it turns out to suck then I'll sigh and do more cleaning up while everyone yells at them, but until that happens... b:surrender

Are you serious? Hundreds of millions of dollars, R9, 100k rep, and almost 10% at level 103? I'm glad it's no big deal to you but they stole from me.
  • testarr
    testarr Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

earlier you said the relevant gms were asleep now tell me how the *** gms can go asleep after they *** up evrything? and leave all trouble to a simple mod
    BugDlck-102 Sin b:bye
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i lost count of the amount of thngs that r missing i would like the server down another 6hrs n see my char as it was before maint than this....................
  • pyaesonesoe
    pyaesonesoe Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hello everyone,

are you guy real? i buy $300 for zen and now all gone are you ****ing tell me to buy the zen again?,you got to be kidding right, you things we are rich or something?also why the ****ing an mine lvl 83 when im already lvl 89?i hope you guy fix it if not goodbye PWI
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options

to us we lsot a GREAT deal of stuffs A LOT Larger than u think we played all this days n farmed all that coins for u guys to reroll?......................... n u say the things so simply as if its nothing great.....