More skill updates for Venos! Discuss

12345679»

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Wait you got the full 180% pdef debuff every time and not just the 40%?

I'd ask him to check his pdef between attacks to be certain. If this is right then at least we can say that we'll get a debuff every time now. Just we won't know when we got the more potent one off which is... both good and bad for ourselves and our opponents.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2013

If there is any other info you want on it, let me know.
    Thanks, Ilyania.
    25% for 180% pdef debuff? No other variations?
    I'm curious about how pdef debuff works. How much pdef left when 180% procs if a bm is in physical marrow, self buffed and ep+guild base buffed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    Ilyania - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I derped and totally forgot about that. xD I'm surviving off of 5 hours of sleep for the past two days b:surrender I'll test it in a bit and will just edit the post I made earlier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kniraven is so f-cking sexy
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    Ilyania - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    updated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kniraven is so f-cking sexy
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Ew.... the constant debuff is nice and all but with no difference in icons and the fact that the stronger one really... isn't that good compared to what we already had, I really don't think I'll be getting this on my demon after all.

I could accept the lack of notification on when the better debuff poc'd if it were more meaningful but as is it's kinda meh.

Thank you for your noble sacrifice.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Before you turn up your nose at the update, perhaps someone should re-test Demon Ironwood, they may have stealth updated it to bring it in line with myriad rainbow and the fused skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So the description of the skill is correct then?
    Demon does get a 40% with a random chance to proc 180% instead of 40% right?

Thanks a lot for trying this out for us so we can know how it works.

EDIT: I tested it on someone with 11k Physical Defence and Demon Ironwood still reduced it to 0. I also tested it on a Cleric who buffed herself with Demon SoR (extra physical defence) and despite the buff, it was still 0. However the Cleric's initial physical defene was 5k buffed, buffing herself with Ironwood's debuff on, the defence was still 0.

At the moment I don't have someone with higher physical defence to test.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I went to pest Ilyana in-game, to ask her whether there is a different icon for the strong debuff. She said there is no way to tell, unless the target tells you. In pve is easily noticeable, but in pvp we would need to be watching how much damage a pet is doing.

Since this skill is just a increase in damage, while it reduces the amount of defense decreased, I'm not gonna learn it. I really doubt the increased damage is worth compared to the damage a prok for demon ironwood for arcane anitnomy can do.

I would learn it, if the buffs had different icon.

b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Yeah that part...sucks.
    I don't know why they just didn't leave Ironwoods alone. Update Blazing and make it stronger, give something to Frost Scarab to make it worth using, combine Blazing/Frost...they had all these options lol.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah that part...sucks.
    I don't know why they just didn't leave Ironwoods alone. Update Blazing and make it stronger, give something to Frost Scarab to make it worth using, combine Blazing/Frost...they had all these options lol.

Yeah that's true. All the other merges are skills that were useless. Ironwood didn't need this. Like you said, they should had merged blazing scarab and frost scarab because both have very little use.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Now that Venomancers have a permanent Physical defense debuff in addition to amplify (especially in demon veno's case) they are even more effective debuffers.

The skill is relatively spammable w/ a 25% chance for the 180% to proc.
    Since Ilyania's last post we've been playing with the skill in everything we do co-op and have been killing things MUCH faster.

NOTES : For Ilyania's pdef debuff test, I have Sage BM Buff. This buff's defense is based off what my base is without debuffs and lowering my normal pdef in no way lowers the defense that this buff gives me.

For a more extreme debuff, to make your #'s look more impressive, you may want to test on a barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    Now that Venomancers have a permanent Physical defense debuff in addition to amplify (especially in demon veno's case) they are even more effective debuffers.
    There is a problem: sometimes there are no physical attackers in squad to assist. And 13-14k (what's left of your defence after 180% debuff) is an average pdef of self buffed arcane. If I hit self buffed average arcane with arcane antinomy without buffs I deal damage which is comparable with plain Venomous scarab. Besides that I can't see which debuff is currently working.
    We still have 79 miriads though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    There is a problem: sometimes there are no physical attackers in squad to assist. And 13-14k (what's left of your defence after 180% debuff) is an average pdef of self buffed arcane. If I hit self buffed average arcane with arcane antinomy without buffs I deal damage which is comparable with plain Venomous scarab. Besides that I can't see which debuff is currently working.
    We still have 79 miriads though...

If I don't have magic marrow on, then you don't need any other squad member or any proc to kill me. Without magic marrow I'm a sitting duck :P (No Mag Marrow was the 13k)

Secondly, I only had 13k still because the proc doesn't change the pdef given to me by my Sage Golden Aura. If you proc'd on a barb their defense would pretty much be gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    To me, Demon Redstone is just a more squad/teamwork oriented skill for both PvE and PvP but is kinda crappy for the Venomancer herself especially for 1v1 situations.

Sure, it's still early to judge but 180% debuff is nowhere near as strong as 0 physical defence, obviously, and the sucky part is that you don't know which debuff proc'd so using Arcane Antinomy is..meh.

I did learn Redstone last night for reasons but I do not consider it a true update for Demon Ironwood. It's a thing that you have to choose to get or not to get.
    PvE Demons though should have it, it should give them a better place in farming squads.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    To me, Demon Redstone is just a more squad/teamwork oriented skill for both PvE and PvP but is kinda crappy for the Venomancer herself especially for 1v1 situations.

Sure, it's still early to judge but 180% debuff is nowhere near as strong as 0 physical defence, obviously, and the sucky part is that you don't know which debuff proc'd so using Arcane Antinomy is..meh.

I did learn Redstone last night for reasons but I do not consider it a true update for Demon Ironwood. It's a thing that you have to choose to get or not to get.
    PvE Demons though should have it, it should give them a better place in farming squads.

For solo PvP I agree, not much an upgrade. But in group pvp where veno plays support role it is much, much better in my opinion.

It's like having a barb using ranged devour on targets. 180% has 25% proc rate and its HUGE on self buffed / purged targets (and they WILL be purged lol). Even the 40% helps my damage greatly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    If I don't have magic marrow on, then you don't need any other squad member or any proc to kill me. Without magic marrow I'm a sitting duck :P (No Mag Marrow was the 13k)
    As far as I remember, I failed to kill even without magic marrow even though I casted nova before. Missed at least 1 crit or a little bit more damage. So, in many cases it's not that easy and we do need something more than just non marrowed target :)
    For solo PvP I agree, not much an upgrade. But in group pvp where veno plays support role it is much, much better in my opinion.
    Yes, but once learnt it can't be unlearnt (unless you change culti maybe, not sure about it though). Nobody warrants that pure support veno in the past will never want to try herself as DD. Anyway, this is up to veno to decide, I don't remember anybody picking on partymates for their build b:chuckle Considering they know their class strong and weak points and know what they are doing, doesn't matter. If you feel comfortable with your build and skills, party will feel comfortable with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    As far as I remember, I failed to kill even without magic marrow even though I casted nova before.

x_x I hope I didn't let magic marrow run out fighting you.
    Lets test some time. I'll stand there and see your damage when I am unmarrowed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    x_x I hope I didn't let magic marrow run out fighting you.
    Lets test some time. I'll stand there and see your damage when I am unmarrowed.
    You did not, I just purged. Damage was around 4-5k, I had +10 wep back then.

Ok, but after reawakening our lvls are not finally settled yet besides I'm not sure how damage reduction works for reawakened chars. Based on historic or not. But apparently not =\
    p.s. I still need lvl 100 f:tired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise