More skill updates for Venos! Discuss

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bumping this.
    I suppose we're all waiting for the release on our version to test the skills and whatnot but here's some videos of instances and new stuff if anyone's interested. They'll get lost in the sea of posts in the other thread.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I won't do the new skills together until u guys try it first i don't wanna ruin em LOL.

If i put em together currently Ironwood is demon but the other is not. Ive been trying to find the book. But if one is demon can the merge skills still be demon? i think the merge skills stay demon/sage if i'm right. to lazy to read the post
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    In order to fuse skills, both of them have to be Sage/Demon unless those skills have no Sage/Demon version.
    I'll definitely hold on to the Ironwood. I don't want to learn it unless I'm sure of it.
    I will learn all the other skills though as I have nothing to lose; already rarely ever using them.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is there anything interesting in those, Desdi? Youku is a pain to load for me, so I haven't checked them out yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    There are some interesting things like having to swim through or fighting mobs (and boss?) in the air. They seem to be pushing towards more interactive environments and more interesting ways of fighting stuff.

From what I can tell, one of the instances appears to be a solo-able one used for farming materials for the new skill books but I don't understand what you're supposed to do there xD
    edited December 2013
    There are some interesting things like having to swim through or fighting mobs (and boss?) in the air. They seem to be pushing towards more interactive environments and more interesting ways of fighting stuff.

From what I can tell, one of the instances appears to be a solo-able one used for farming materials for the new skill books but I don't understand what you're supposed to do there xD

Oh thanks, that sounds fun. I just hope the instance will be properly made, not full of rubber-banding and glitches.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    In order to fuse skills, both of them have to be Sage/Demon unless those skills have no Sage/Demon version.
    I'll definitely hold on to the Ironwood. I don't want to learn it unless I'm sure of it.
    I will learn all the other skills though as I have nothing to lose; already rarely ever using them.

Yes I am quite particular on losing ironwood proc because who doesn't luv turning tanks into squished with 0def.
    Umm yea completely agree with those other skills they were just fillers for our skill tree basically(final get to turn them into useablesb:thanks) + I want to kill people in my fluffy form to sometimes b:laugh
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Wee :3 expansion announced for the 18th. I'm glad because I'll have holidays so I can actually check out the new stuff. I've been really busy with college and been waiting for holidays for a break xD
  • killeresras
    edited December 2013
    Wee :3 expansion announced for the 18th. I'm glad because I'll have holidays so I can actually check out the new stuff. I've been really busy with college and been waiting for holidays for a break xD

OMG yay I'm only in highschool, but still need a break b:cute makes me happy that they are giving it to us early :D
    Love lost is room gained
    edited December 2013
    I won't do the new skills together until u guys try it first i don't wanna ruin em LOL.

If i put em together currently Ironwood is demon but the other is not. Ive been trying to find the book. But if one is demon can the merge skills still be demon? i think the merge skills stay demon/sage if i'm right. to lazy to read the post

OK, ty Desdi. Hmm ok well if anyone sees Demon Lucky Scarab or Blazing scarab (on arch server of course) let me know please.
    edited December 2013
    OK, ty Desdi. Hmm ok well if anyone sees Demon Lucky Scarab or Blazing scarab (on arch server of course) let me know please.

I kept seeing demon blazing in the AH last week, I think, I'd keep an eye for it there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    hmm ok ty Deffy. and ugh this is what i get for being tired meant to quote Desdi not my own post >.< lol. last night.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    By the Murphy's law I didn't take care of demon blazing scarab in advance and now cannot find it b:laugh But I'm also sure if I make up my mind not to merge the skills it will come into my paws cheap and easily b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Gotta admit, it's quite funny seeing people looking for seemingly useless skills to buy now. I snatched a Blessing of the Purehearted for my Sage Cleric a couple of weeks ago. You never know when it's gonna go up in price and become rare. f:laugh Granted I could farm it in FB89 but ain't nobody got time for that.
    edited December 2013
    Gotta admit, it's quite funny seeing people looking for seemingly useless skills to buy now. I snatched a Blessing of the Purehearted for my Sage Cleric a couple of weeks ago. You never know when it's gonna go up in price and become rare. f:laugh Granted I could farm it in FB89 but ain't nobody got time for that.

IKR? I'm stuck looking like a banshee for the most crappy skill of all for my wiz, ffs, who learns Emberstorm?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I really love the enhancement of the skills, even though most of them are the fox form skills. Now they are more reliable (always hit), so we can use them doubtlessly and frequently. This also means the reduce of shortcut slot we have.
    The old malefic crush used to be useless (we better save chi for 2 sparks nova). Now it has a chance to stun (in spite of an average chance) as well as the reduced spark requirement to only 1 spark.
    I can't wait for the update to come b:laughb:chuckle
    I hope no glitch no bug no disappointment at all at this moment b:bye
    edited December 2013
    Blazing scarab isn't useless and been looking for a while before i knew of the skill merges. i want all demon skills well sorta not so much some of the foxform skills. some are still lvl 2 lol
  • helovesu
    edited December 2013
    Why don't they do something to frost scarab?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    I wondered about that too. Frost Scarab definitely needed an update. I would have lowered the chi to 50 and increase weapon attack to 200% or keep it as is and have it cost 35chi.
    edited December 2013
    I perfectly agree with you, Untamed, I love both blazing and frost, if it were up to me, we would have had an earth skill as well (for instance, lucky scarab has that animation that looks like small rocks gathering around you).
    I also agree frost has a bit too much of a chi cost, half of it would have been better.
    Personally, I use all of my dots and I love them, despite the smaller damage they do compared to other skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • helovesu
    edited December 2013
    based on the explanation of demon frost scarab (at ecatomb.net), it is no longer having a 3s stun effect, isn't it?
    the usage of 1 spark is not worth any good effect after all.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Demon Frost Scarab never had a stun effect, it was freeze. Despite the wrong description, it still freezes the target.
    It had uses before but after Lucky Scarab got extended by a second and Parasitic Nova was changed to 95% chance I no longer need Frost Scarab's freeze. On top of this consider the superior Stunning Blow that freezes for 8 seconds instead (Demon one has a chance to stun on top of it) which is being changed to 100% hit and monkey pet's freeze/stun/AOE stun.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Fellow fluffy Venomancers Asterelle posted up a great list of New Horizons skill infromation.

The skill names for us...are funny.
  • killeresras
    edited December 2013
    I will say that I look forward to every skill, but the new ironwood. Most likely I won't upgrade it because I find more value in my 0def proc(barely cost any chi and let's me kill high end game people when it does proc) Since I am in pk pretty much 24/7 on sanctuary I have plenty of experience with ironwood and consider the update a nerf coated in sugar. I know I can definitely work wallop into my play style for that extra chi and debuffs, but new ironwood... NO. I also say this because ironwood along with nova and fox form were the reasons I chose my path.
    Love lost is room gained
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    I'm undecided on the skills and I sorta want to learn fused Befuddling (Grudge Strike?) first because of the chi. I have a feeling Ironwood ( Venomworm...really?) will be a freebie or something like a "one time free materials quest" like we got with Lycaeum.
    I'm kinda interested in how easy/hard it is to farm the new skill books and how long it takes.

I do like having to hunt after skills but at the same time I'm impatient and want the skills "right now" lol.
  • mol1
    mol1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yeah you can pay for nerfing your skill - great. if they didn't change the proc to atleast -280% thеy can eat my as s to learn that **** ever :D
    and what is this - Also increases
    cooldowns by 125% for non-player targets. Mobs have cooldowns lool
    And ΦMalefic Crush - Channel 0.2 seconds - You are immune to damage while channeling.
    LOL i still hope theres are translation mistakes
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    mol1 wrote: »
    yeah you can pay for nerfing your skill - great. if they didn't change the proc to atleast -280% thеy can eat my as s to learn that **** ever :D
    and what is this - Also increases
    cooldowns by 125% for non-player targets. Mobs have cooldowns lool
    And ΦMalefic Crush - Channel 0.2 seconds - You are immune to damage while channeling.
    LOL i still hope theres are translation mistakes

I actually missed that part. This is really weird.
    The google translate version translated it as "decrease attack rate on players" but I suppose the translator program messed up the non-player part but...cooldown? I hope this was a mistake on PWE's part because it makes no sense. f:stare

That is something I noticed so I'm not sure what to think of it. I do want to test it out in TW but being Soulforce based..not sure how good it will be.

I was initially excited about this update on skills but now I'm getting kinda meh. Some other classes got pretty big boosts. The things we got are nice but honestly...we needed an update to Frost Scarab and maybe up the % of some skills. They gave Assassins a 750% skill and Wizards a 800% >.>;

I'm mostly just happy for the extra chi bits for Demons lol.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    All I know is I am going to spam the **** out of never-miss Stunning Blow so bishes stop running from my purge. >.>;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • helovesu
    edited December 2013
    Merged "Consume Spirit" + Leech no longer has an MP drain effect. It could be nicer if there is some MPs obtained which is equal to HP leeched b:laugh
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Technically, on higher levels, the MP shouldn't be much of an issue with the practically free MP pots from divine quests, no more MP reduction from upgraded Fox Form and the relatively cheap MP food from tokens.

However, seeing that Grudge Strike has both the effect of Befuddling Mist and Fox Wallop it is questionable why they just didn't add an additional MP effect to Dark Taboo.

I really want to find out what's up with Grudge Strike though and whether that was translation error from PWE or it really is what it implies. I had different plans for using that skill.

-shrugs- will have to wait.