Remove Purify Proc: Y/N. We had it coming!

Comments

• AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    King of the hill/castle would be way more suited for NW.
    I'm kinda hoping they will bring that here since they were working on that in china with the new version 2.0 thingy stuff?

Would be cool if we got that. Even though in the end then we'll get another QQ storm because people will go in squads which means all R9rr will be in the same squad and chances are they'll go against lesser geared people.

Like I said before; endless chain of QQ b:shutup

Maybe they should limit squads as well so you can't have squads with 10 OP people dominating every battle?

No squads at all. Totally random nation placement. That way its a non issue, and the top geared players should be more evenly spread accross the nations. Which in turn will lead to more competative battles accross the War and more fun for everyone.

Only down side to that, people would like to play NW in squads with their friends. So im not sure how that would work out.
    edited May 2013
    This last NW I started with full buffs ( base included ) in full g16 , an O'malleys and white voodoo ... 103 defense levels .. my weapon is g16 as well so no purify for me . My first death was at the hands of a rank 9 3rd cast sin who one shotted me with god of frenzy .. 1 hit ..... Is that fair ? I imagine you do . Many dont .... Maybe to balance gof out it should be nerfed to not work within 5 seconds of comming out of stealth .

Thats another topic.

DB you think if NW's format was changed the concerns of people saying puri proc is too op would stop?
  • marvinhuddleston
    marvinhuddleston Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unless you are ready to lose many players , you can not nerf or remove just one proc .
  • ____BM____ - Sanctuary
    ____BM____ - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unless you are ready to lose many players , you can not nerf or remove just one proc .

Aps = lost a alot of players
    Goons = lost a lot of players
    General Way the game has gone = lost a lot of players...

Imo... they can do whatever they damn well please and they don't care . :) b:pleased

Ps. Its not just one proc, its 3 on 1 weapon so b:bye
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aps = lost a alot of players
    Goons = lost a lot of players
    General Way the game has gone = lost a lot of players...

Imo... they can do whatever they damn well please and they don't care . :) b:pleased

Ps. Its not just one proc, its 3 on 1 weapon so b:bye

yeah and gof it's two procs too, you do 2x damage and lose 5%. let's remove the 2x dmg.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • ____BM____ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    yeah and gof it's two procs too, you do 2x damage and lose 5%. let's remove the 2x dmg.

*facepalm*
    edited May 2013
    *facepalm*

oh I guess that the -%5 is actually a negative proc so +1-1 = 0 and you don't have a proc on your weapons at all b:sad

let's hope that you'll understand how stupid it is to say that there are 1 or 3 "real" procs otherwise I'll go on to argue that bms are MEGA-OP because they have way more skills than the other classes
    Your correct that wizzards have Distance Shrink to help evade/start attacks. But then in most cases wizzards dont have a shed load of defence lvs. Or buffs and control skills that Psychic's have, to hold opponents down. They can just stand and deliver pain in bucket loads, unless fighting toons equal geared. In which case they too should have puri as it is.

don't you have a self knockback morai skill do? (not sure tbh)
    for the record I don't want to turn it into a psy vs wiz, just saying that certain parts of the proc affect differently the various classes. for example, psys have 1 +1 purify if sage so with the purify proc we can have 3 while wizzies have none (unless I forgot some of your skills XD)
  • Deltakiller - Dreamweaver
    Deltakiller - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whats all the nonsense about casters having the highest DPH and that GOF makes up for that? Seekers and barbs have the highest dph in the game or did casters suddenly start dominating the in game high hit recorder standings?
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the fact that when similarly geared people face off. Purify isn't op to the point where it is overwhelming. But it can and does tip the battle in the favor of the caster at times.

However, because everyone cant afford to get the best gear. Many people choose to group pvp instead of taking it solo. Especially on better geared opponents.

This is an aspect that actually many people enjoy. Especially in the pvp worlds. Should lower geared people really be discouraged from working as a team? Should they lose just because they cant lock down a caster because of purify proc? (talking about a group of 4-5 people)

That would discourage a great deal of people who cant afford r999 or good refines. That is that good amount of the player base.

Tbh, In my server lowly geared people don't even try to pvp in the open, probably they don't even know how to pvp. Like 85% of the active pkers are the ones with the best gear in the server. This is not something recent, it has always been like that, r9-3 didn't send the lowly geared to safe zone forever. They went to safe zone on their own long time ago. So this isn't really a problem.

And once again, if someone has better quality gear than John, John is supposed to lose. And if you try to balance this prok, considering the people whose gear is bad, you are doing it wrong for the r9-3 casters that have low refines, or incomplete armor.
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats another topic.

DB you think if NW's format was changed the concerns of people saying puri proc is too op would stop?

Not entirely no, but it cancels out the flag carry stuff which is what's giving casters a major upperhand in NW as it is currently.
    In king of the hill if the proc triggers and the caster runs off the point it needs to be in to count for the score it would give the other team more of a chance to cap it as well.

I dare say if NW was king of the hill right off the bat, this thread would not be here or would've been created way later.

And once again, if someone has better quality gear than John, John is supposed to lose. And if you try to balance this prok, considering the people whose gear is bad, you are doing it wrong for the r9-3 casters that have low refines, or incomplete armor.
    Not true, people who outskilled others with lesser gear used to win when procs weren't so big of a deal. Gear isn't everything.
    There's still plenty of people who have way better gear than others do, but die just as easily simply because they lack the skill to deal with it.

Like I said before, casters who are skilled already knew how to deal with the situations without purify proc, because they are S-K-I-L-L-E-D.

Saying that person x is supposed to lose because person y outgears him/her is a very very stupid assumption.
  • Terrastrike - Lost City
    Terrastrike - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, it looks to me like Purify was added as an attempt to kill off the ridiculous stun+APS-facerollautoattack craze. There was little even the most skilled or highly geared/refined casters could do when in a situation when you'd been stunlocked and apsed from stealth - other than hope they don't manage to pull off a zerk crit - assuming that your genie skills were on cooldown. Since Purify was added I'm seeing a lot less of this kind of 'PVP'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not entirely no, but it cancels out the flag carry stuff which is what's giving casters a major upperhand in NW as it is currently.

I dare say if NW was king of the hill right off the bat, this thread would not be here or would've been created way later.

Not true, people who outskilled others with lesser gear used to win when procs weren't so big of a deal. Gear isn't everything.

Yes I know, when I was level 89 (long time ago) I was killing people level 99 or 100 with hh99. Also, when r9 had just came out, my faction was beating other parties in world pvp outnumbered and outgeared. And, when r9-3 came out the cashoppers ofc got it asap, but it made no difference whatsoever.

There's still plenty of people who have way better gear than others do, but die just as easily simply because they lack the skill to deal with it.

Like I said before, casters who are skilled already knew how to deal with the situations without purify proc, because they are S-K-I-L-L-E-D.

Saying that person x is supposed to lose because person y outgears them is a very very stupid assumption.

Ok, here I link you the definition of "suppose"
    If you have a r9-3 guy against a nv-3 guy who do you suppose would win?

Since r9-3 has better gear, it's more likely that the r9-3 will win, don't you think?

While I agree that skills, experience, knowledge, and preparation are very important. Here we are not talking about all those factors. All those factors don't count for balancing because imagine if we had to do a balance between the noobs, and the ones who know how to play... you would never end.

I see that you would like purify prok to be nerfed so it's more fair for those who are skilled, but have poor gear. However, if someone is skilled enough, s/he should know how to help effectively to take down a r9-3 caster. S/he won't be the one who kills the caster, but will greatly help in his/her team.

edited May 2013
    don't you have a self knockback morai skill do? (not sure tbh)
    for the record I don't want to turn it into a psy vs wiz, just saying that certain parts of the proc affect differently the various classes. for example, psys have 1 +1 purify if sage so with the purify proc we can have 3 while wizzies have none (unless I forgot some of your skills XD)[/QUOTE]

Your referring to Arcane Defence? Yes that knocks wizzards back if attacked with normal mele attacks. However any smart player can work around that.

And yes we can purify ourselves with Elemental Shell, but with only a 10% chance to dispel negative status effects its not worth using it for that as its unreliable.
    edited May 2013
    Ok, here I link you the definition of "suppose"
    If you have a r9-3 guy against a nv-3 guy who do you suppose would win?

Since r9-3 has better gear, it's more likely that the r9-3 will win, don't you think?

While I agree that skills, experience, knowledge, and preparation are very important. Here we are not talking about all those factors. All those factors don't count for balancing because imagine if we had to do a balance between the noobs, and the ones who know how to play... you would never end.

I see that you would like purify prok to be nerfed so it's more fair for those who are skilled, but have poor gear. However, if someone is skilled enough, s/he should know how to help effectively to take down a r9-3 caster. S/he won't be the one who kills the caster, but will greatly help in his/her team.

vs a R9rr caster, G16 nirvana would need more team members to kill it due to the potential proccing of purify yes.
    The other way around, a G16 nirvana caster could easily take out a R9rr HA/LA on his own still.

I know someone is bound to say this isn't true, but it's what i'm seeing all the time in NW so far so i'm just speaking from what i've seen.

It's not that I mind the proc being there, it's that I have the idea it does too much for NW to become fair where there is a possibility for a caster to basicly solo it vs people who have pretty decent/good gear.

It's why king of the hill style NW would work better as well, the proc doesn't have as much impact due to not needing to carry a flag and if people jump on top of the carrier, which they WILL do because they want to stop the carrier, it is more likely that the proc triggers and you're basicly helping the said caster run across the map.
  • Lecus - Lost City
    Lecus - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The other way around, a G16 nirvana caster could easily take out a R9rr HA/LA on his own still.

Easily take out a r9rr HA/LA? What a joke. If you 1 v 1 on a g16 caster you have to play perfect and can't make a single mistake against them since most likely if they get a zerk crit its pretty much over. Yeah you can win but lets be honest it takes some skill and a lot of luck.
    edited May 2013
    Easily take out a r9rr HA/LA? What a joke. If you 1 v 1 on a g16 caster you have to play perfect and can't make a single mistake against them since most likely if they get a zerk crit its pretty much over. Yeah you can win but lets be honest it takes some skill and a lot of luck.

If you put a G16 nirvana caster vs a R9rr HA/LA both at the same refine and using around the same sharding and both only buffed OR even only selfbuffed?

Like I said, someone was bound to say it's not true b:bye
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you put a G16 nirvana caster vs a R9rr HA/LA both at the same refine and using around the same sharding and both only buffed OR even only selfbuffed?

Like I said, someone was bound to say it's not true b:bye

I think you underestimate just how much added attack power r9rr gives as compared to g16 Nirv. Yes, a g16 Nirv person can win, but it's not likely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ____BM____ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    oh I guess that the -%5 is actually a negative proc so +1-1 = 0 and you don't have a proc on your weapons at all b:sad

let's hope that you'll understand how stupid it is to say that there are 1 or 3 "real" procs otherwise I'll go on to argue that bms are MEGA-OP because they have way more skills than the other classes

Your logic is ridiculous.

3 "Real" Procs = Antistun, purify, speed boost.... think that is pretty much 3 different procs right there....

Oh yes please do tell me how bm's are the most OP class in the game as if you have read any page of this thread, countless people saying that bm's are now "support" classes and nothing more.
    edited May 2013
    Your logic is ridiculous.

3 "Real" Procs = Antistun, purify, speed boost.... think that is pretty much 3 different procs right there....

Oh yes please do tell me how bm's are the most OP class in the game as if you have read any page of this thread, countless people saying that bm's are now "support" classes and nothing more.

and faith is a gazillion genie skills right?b:cute
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vs a R9rr caster, G16 nirvana would need more team members to kill it due to the potential proccing of purify yes.

I know someone is bound to say this isn't true, but it's what i'm seeing all the time in NW so far so i'm just speaking from what i've seen.

It's not that I mind the proc being there, it's that I have the idea it does too much for NW to become fair where there is a possibility for a caster to basicly solo it vs people who have pretty decent/good gear.

It's why king of the hill style NW would work better as well, the proc doesn't have as much impact due to not needing to carry a flag and if people jump on top of the carrier, which they WILL do because they want to stop the carrier, it is more likely that the proc triggers and you're basicly helping the said caster run across the map.

possible for g16 to kill ha/la?
    try kill bigcojones, rafaelsbarb, breezy, iceblade, extacy or merangelus with g16
  • MECHserac - Lost City
    MECHserac - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah, yet another idiot whose posts can be safely ignored, knowing we will have lost out on nothing of value in doing so.

Zanryu whispers: QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ i cant kill someone with purify weapon b:sad, ill go cut my self with animal crackers in my emo corner now while i spamm forums senseless.

Why would devs balance NV3 with r93 if one costs 200m for full nv3 set on my server against 2.5bill for r93 full set. Do you really think all r93 people would have paid so much more for theyr gear if NV3 was meant to be as good for 12 timess less the price?
    Seriously stop QQing and go get money in game for your stuff.......
  • dizzyrunks
    dizzyrunks Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zanryu whispers: QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ i cant kill someone with purify weapon b:sad, ill go cut my self with animal crackers in my emo corner now while i spamm forums senseless.

Why would devs balance NV3 with r93 if one costs 200m for full nv3 set on my server against 2.5bill for r93 full set. Do you really think all r93 people would have paid so much more for theyr gear if NV3 was meant to be as good for 12 timess less the price?

This don't sound right.. So whatyour saying that purify on weap is not OP because your the one who has it... So if the whole game decides to roll a caster just to pvp with the same purify weapon would it be enjoyable to you??? The proc on the weapon is indeed ABIT OP for melees classes
  • dizzyrunks
    edited May 2013
    whats all the nonsense about casters having the highest DPH and that GOF makes up for that? Seekers and barbs have the highest dph in the game or did casters suddenly start dominating the in game high hit recorder standings?

So by this being said...What do you think about the blademaster vs the purify weapon.. I know the talk where it would be like they are meant to be a support class an what ever.. Or Just do what the rest do an roll a caster or archer like everyone else
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013

lolwut.
  • dizzyrunks
    edited May 2013

hmm from what i saw so far in that video that cleric look like she just started pking maybe i could be wrong

Or maybe they ain have the right genie set up i ain notice pop a fortify or badge I could be wrong
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Top 20 Frequent Posters (count):
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver (107)

this thread is more than 10% zanryu

popular opinion does not mean 1 person repeating themselves like a broken record until they get what they want. you can make another 100 posts, and they will all still be 1 person's cumulative opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    this thread is more than 10% zanryu

popular opinion does not mean 1 person repeating themselves like a broken record until they get what they want. you can make another 100 posts, and they will all still be 1 person's cumulative opinion.

Adroit's close behind with over 70 posts. The same applies to him. My posts are replies, people choose to engage me in discussion or argument, whichever you prefer to call it. Were people to stop replying to me specifically as one poster has recently done I would very likely stop replying to this thread. Yet here we are. Well, except for the 10 or so off-topic posts, those are just for me b:cute

EDIT: In reply to dizzy, she was drunk. We're going to have a proper 1v1 some time when she's sober, at least I hope so. She wanted to fight me for whatever reason so I decided to get it on video, since I need more 1v1s.
  • MECHserac - Lost City
    MECHserac - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dizzyrunks wrote: »
    This don't sound right.. So whatyour saying that purify on weap is not OP because your the one who has it... So if the whole game decides to roll a caster just to pvp with the same purify weapon would it be enjoyable to you??? The proc on the weapon is indeed ABIT OP for melees classes

I dont care if they do or not... I fight against people with purify weapons every single day and you dont see me making a poll in forums about it lol.

Dont tell me God of Frenzy is not OP, dont tell me Spirit Blackhole weapons are not OP.

End game gear is perfectly balanced imo, so all i can see is people QQing cuz people has better gear, then instead of polling in forums, why cant you people simply play the game and get better gear and more skills in pvp.

You say purify is op cuz it procs a lot, go watch a 1v1 between puri wep wiz and a bm or barb with around the same gear, then come tell me if it rly procs more then zerk.

It procs a lot in NW or TW or big pvps cuz theres tonz of stupid people hittin the person with purify wep. In Nw i grab the flag and all i do is wait for those silly aps sins to hit me so it procs. If you were smart , you would wait for a purge on that person, then dragon and gank it , not when hes fully buffed and u do 100 damage on it.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    I dont care if they do or not... I fight against people with purify weapons every single day and you dont see me making a poll in forums about it lol.

Dont tell me God of Frenzy is not OP, dont tell me Spirit Blackhole weapons are not OP.

End game gear is perfectly balanced imo, so all i can see is people QQing cuz people has better gear, then instead of polling in forums, why cant you people simply play the game and get better gear and more skills in pvp.

You say purify is op cuz it procs a lot, go watch a 1v1 between puri wep wiz and a bm or barb with around the same gear, then come tell me if it rly procs more then zerk.

It procs a lot in NW or TW or big pvps cuz theres tonz of stupid people hittin the person with purify wep. In Nw i grab the flag and all i do is wait for those silly aps sins to hit me so it procs. If you were smart , you would wait for a purge on that person, then dragon and gank it , not when hes fully buffed and u do 100 damage on it.

I'll sit here and tell you GoF isn't OP all day long. Soon as I can hit 4k non zerk/crit on a caster then I'll say it's overpowered.

We've already established 1v1 isn't the issue here. You shouldn't have to be smart to do damage on someone, every little bit should add up and contribute to a death, rather than make it possible for them to escape easier. Even if there was an army of level 30s attacking an HA they don't make it easier for them to survive, that very small amount of damage adds up.
  • dizzyrunks
    edited May 2013

k b:bye

One last thing Caster vs Caster to me in that battle i don''t think purify is really a issue seeing both are range classes no need to run behind them to hit them LMAO....
This discussion has been closed.