Remove Purify Proc: Y/N. We had it coming!

Comments

• marvinhuddleston
    marvinhuddleston Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In that 20 v 1 at no time was the one being attacked by more than 8 players , also a veno purged him and cleric slept him , then a bm tried to aps him .. lol .. you cant fix stupid .
  • Chanzeer - Lost City
    Chanzeer - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there is just something fishy about that 1 vs 20 story, what level were the 20 people and what kind of gear?
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In that 20 v 1 at no time was the one being attacked by more than 8 players , also a veno purged him and cleric slept him , then a bm tried to aps him .. lol .. you cant fix stupid .

your talking about some vid i guess im talking about what iv experienced in NW..
    and your right not all 20 could attack all at once whenever im unlucky enough to get stuck in such battles the caster can usually hit for 16k+ with normal hits so 1 AoE drops most average geared characters within range of the AoE and since they cant be stunned or debuffed killing them is pretty impossible..

but you avoided answering.. what endgame phy attack class can survive like a endgame caster with purify proc in such a situation?

in my experience there is none b:surrender

EDIT:
    to the person above asking about lvls and gear when i say "average gear" i usually mean tt99-g16 but theres always afew with tt90 running around
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lecus - Lost City
    Lecus - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you put a G16 nirvana caster vs a R9rr HA/LA both at the same refine and using around the same sharding and both only buffed OR even only selfbuffed?

Okay so the are both +10 everything orns and stuff. What is that like 10k hps maybe? Compared to 20kish from R9R2 @ +10? Granted AA is going to hit harder. But when your caught its going to be over most likely, your going to get away sometimes granted though the majority of the times it is over. And even if you do not get caught if they get a zerk crit on you from a distance its over. Like I said earlier G16 has to play perfect. R9R2 just has to zerk crit to win.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    your talking about some vid i guess im talking about what iv experienced in NW..
    and your right not all 20 could attack all at once whenever im unlucky enough to get stuck in such battles the caster can usually hit for 16k+ with normal hits so 1 AoE drops most average geared characters within range of the AoE and since they cant be stunned or debuffed killing them is pretty impossible..

but you avoided answering.. what endgame phy attack class can survive like a endgame caster with purify proc in such a situation?

in my experience there is none b:surrender

EDIT:
    to the person above asking about lvls and gear when i say "average gear" i usually mean tt99-g16 but theres always afew with tt90 running around

there is apothechary, cleric can use IG and sleepy the rank 9 recast caster. if ppl have low and average gear and dont wanna use any apothecary, then better dont have QQing or go to NW. cause they are too cheap for it. Barb can 1 shot people with arma, sin and even BM can 1 shot by using AoE skill to low and average people. especially caster people who dont have good phisical defence.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    true people with aps have no right to ***** about purify
    if you think its so easy being a caster how about you play one for a day and try to get into a group

No right? Really? There were quite a few people back then that had aps characters, that also admitted it was oped to a certain extent. (Guess what eventually happened, it got nerfed.) There is definitely a few casters that are agreeing that this skill is absolutely overpowered yet again to a certain extent.
    This suggestion goes against the whole idea behind the proc as it is to allow casters to break out of a stun lock situation and to get away. It is very easy to keep a caster in place without the purify proc purely because most of us do not have any anti stun skills.

I have said it before along with others that it is the speed buff that is making it appear broken in terms or things like running flags in nation wars. Just having purify and an anti stun is plenty to allows casters to fight back/run/whatever.

Everyone could just get over themselves and make a r9rr caster for nation wars b:shutup since casters almost had to make an aps toon to get anything done in the past.

I question if just removing the speed buff would stop all of the QQ, sure it may stop a lot of it, but it will only be masking the problems listed with this skill.

Purify skill as it is does three different things, increases speed, removes debuffs, and also gives an anti stun.I think at most it should remove the debuffs nothing else. That alone would give plenty of casters a chance to skate away, and even more so depending on their genie.

Also one more thing.

There is a damn good reason why its mainly melee characters/classes "QQ" (as you all put it, which btw I never said the same about you casters that were arguing against it, (aps) oh one more thing while I am on that subject, I am sure you all hated it when aps users told you all to stop 'QQIng/to reroll", so do me/others a favor stop doing to us what they did to you, I think we all deserve a little more respect than that. Not to mention you all brought up some valid points back in that thread... or was there ever a thread against aps? Oh well that's not a discussion for here.) anyways I digress the reason it's mainly melee people arguing against this proc is due to the fact it EFFECTS them the most, just as aps affected the game play of casters ESPECIALLY in pve.

I wonder if the proc actually gave a negative side effect like 'lowered all defenses to about 60 or 70%" (edit: it would definitely need to last as long as the 'boosts' they get from this proc)... if they could leave the proc as is, and that would stop ALL the QQ, from the melees anyways. I am sure the casters would be upset if that were to happen.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited May 2013
    there is apothechary, cleric can use IG and sleepy the rank 9 recast caster. if ppl have low and average gear and dont wanna use any apothecary, then better dont have QQing or go to NW. cause they are too cheap for it. Barb can 1 shot people with arma, sin and even BM can 1 shot by using AoE skill to low and average people. especially caster people who dont have good phisical defence.

so what a cleric sleeps the caster then what? as soon as they attack sleep is gone and theres a very good chance for purify to proc with a bunch of people attacking so that means no debuffs and IG last a short time and has a long CD where as purify will keep procing as long as the group is attacking.. so no matter what IG or any apoth or genie skill wont help kill them at all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marvinhuddleston
    edited May 2013
    Removing the proc would only achive two things , First it will anger many who spent real money to get the gear to the point of leaving for other games and second , it will stop many more from buying r9 . Both will cost PWI lots of money . So even if the numbers was for removing or nerfing ( which they are not ) , PWI would never agree to anything that will cost them sales .
  • dissanayake
    dissanayake Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not all casters can get their defenses as high as a bm, lets say. Wizards can do it, because they have earth shield. Venos can do it too, but only in fox form. Mystics have a nice shield that looks like a mix of all the wizard's shields put into one, except that the defense offered is less, and proctecs agains different elements. Psys don't have anything to increase their defense, but they have white vodoo. Clerics have their plume shield, which imo is amazing if you have a mp charm. If you don't debuff that plume shell, it's really hard to kill a good cleric with physical attacks.

And for heavy melees (bms, barbs and seekers). Bms have their marrows, with marrow on very often a Bm can have more magic defense than an mage. Barbs just have a lot of hp and are more tanky in tiger form, in which they can use invocation. And seekers, they have a buff that increases their defense level. Unlike psys who lose attack levels to increase their defend, seekers don't lose anything. And then, seekers can debuff ur defense so much, that you end with a negative defense level. People don't realize it, but in the hand of a good player, probably Seeker is the most deadly class.

So as you can see, every class has something to cover their weakneses. Mages have skills to make up for their weak physical defense, and heavy melees have something to coutner their low magic defense. That's why I don't see anything wrong with mages doing stuff "only melees are supposed to be doing." It's just natural.
    lol stop talking unfairly. bm,barb, seeker or any melee can run continuously even they have full+12? are u a crazy?who can run continuously with anti stun with max speed? Also dont forgot in 1vs1 u can have 3 buffs that increase physical defence where there is only fking single magic shell to increase magic def of melee classes. so u think melee can purge arcanes while taking unspark 35k dmg continuously? lol have some brain.
    purify is unfair in pvp,nw . at least don't compare GOF with purify. U think GOF activate automatically without attacking to enemy ?. What melee can run with flag without killing single enemy until he reach to end flag position? just run run run & riun....only arcane can. so noob skill much change. pwi should give **** hp & physical def to arcanes as they QQ on it, also must make purify activate only when cater attack, like in gof. not when taking dmg.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would you people stop saying altering the proc in any way would **** people off to the point of leaving? Because we've already seen it happen to those that spent hundreds of millions, in some cases billions on high APS setups. Yet here we are, with a lot of those same people around. Why? They adapted, as would Casters. That is not a legitimate argument.
    edited May 2013
    Removing the proc would only achive two things , First it will anger many who spent real money to get the gear to the point of leaving for other games and second , it will stop many more from buying r9 . Both will cost PWI lots of money . So even if the numbers was for removing or nerfing ( which they are not ) , PWI would never agree to anything that will cost them sales .

removing it would be total overkill and would probably make afew people quit but nerfing it a bit is needed as it is now its way to overpowered in group pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Not really, people would still buy r9 because r9r2 beats the socks off g16. Granted I think purify just needs to be modified.

More then likely there would be rage for about 1 week and everyone would just adjust.

If the proc only activated from being "auto attacked" and the speed buff is removed from it, It would still give a huge boost.

It would give a boost while at the same time that boost can be countered. By simply using skills. While at the same time, making a casters life easier. Because they would have an advantage against aps users.

Plus you say pwi wouldn't agree to do anything that cost them sales. You understand that people spent a lot of real life money on nirvana and that is gone because of nation wars.

You also realize rank 8 used to give pwi a huge bulk of money as well. Because getting 200k rep cost about 600 gold back in the day. But then pwi put it in the cash-shop for like 60 gold.

In fact im still waiting for the rank 9 95% off sale b:avoid

We all know its coming...
  • marvinhuddleston
    edited May 2013
    PWI will not risk losing sales over a few crybabys QQ'ers that the numbers dont support . Learn to adjust and work as a team . Purge , Sleep , Squish
  • Leonaides - Dreamweaver
    Leonaides - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    remove the speed buff, it is highly annoying and when they purify on my HF.. b:cry
    edited May 2013
    PWI will not risk losing sales over a few crybabys QQ'ers that the numbers dont support . Learn to adjust and work as a team . Purge , Sleep , Squish

That is not a good argument for purify or a good reason it should not be nerfed. b:bye

Back on topic

If purify was going to be modified, what would be the best modification?

Should it be be modified?

Should it not be modified?

Why or why not?
  • BigTanker - Dreamweaver
    BigTanker - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was going to get my mystic r9 , but if its nerfed why waste money on pixels of light .
    edited May 2013
    I was going to get my mystic r9 , but if its nerfed why waste money on pixels of light .

Because those pixels are awesome. What should stop you if the proc gets nerfed?

People would not all be rolling casters if purify wasnt the way it was now. Adding a great deal of variety at endame levels (R9r2). Just like you are right now. Instead people would roll whatever toon they are most comfortable with or like the most.

All in all, I think we can both agree that people playing a variety of different classes because things are relatively balanced. Adds a lot to the game play.

At least in my opinion though.
    edited May 2013

yes team work against endgame r9 caster is get afew other endgame r9 then hope to 1 or 2 shot it before purify activates and they run away lol (if your not r9rr +10 or better dont even bother trying since they wont die)

teamwork to take down a endgame phy attacker r9 is just stunlock and debuff till dead anyone in the 90-105 range in just average gear can help get this done :o

since we all know caster classes were always made to tank large groups of people in PVP better then the actually tank class (barbs) and as well be able to kill with high damage b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    removing it would be total overkill and would probably make afew people quit but nerfing it a bit is needed as it is now its way to overpowered in group pvp

overkill? are u dreaming? go check K/D ratio.
    edited May 2013
    overkill? are u dreaming? go check K/D ratio.

please reread what i wrote i think your misunderstanding something lol

i said removing purify would be overkill i think you thought i said that purify is overkill and should be removed lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    please reread what i wrote i think your misunderstanding something lol

i said removing purify would be overkill i think you thought i said that purify is overkill and should be removed lol

hm ya i wrong read sorry. But if u think puri is OP then purge or GoF on end game gear. U should try play caster w end game gear. U will see that is no OP at all. and people keep mentioning it about BM and BM. if the problem is about BM only, ask dev to make BM more OP to answer the challenge. I think veno are a class who really need update, and they will in the future. and im sure many ppl will QQ again about pet, just like bramble lol.

b:bye people are just to lazy to learn.
    edited May 2013
    hm ya i wrong read sorry. But if u think puri is OP then purge or GoF on end game gear. U should try play caster w end game gear. U will see that is no OP at all. and people keep mentioning it about BM and BM. if the problem is about BM only, ask dev to make BM more OP to answer the challenge. I think veno are a class who really need update, and they will in the future. and im sure many ppl will QQ again about pet, just like bramble lol.

But can you agree that purify is op in a group setting?

The fact of the matter is that when 4-5 people attack a person with purify. It causes the proc to activate near constantly and the user to holy path around with anti-stun as well.

Gof and Purge dont give the user a free pass to escape a gank. While Purify does.

How would you feel if we gave catabarbs in (TW) purify instead of GOF?

That is why it is op and needs to be modified.
    edited May 2013
    But can you agree that purify is op in a group setting?

The fact of the matter is that when 4-5 people attack a person with purify. It causes the proc to activate near constantly to holy path around with anti-stun as well.

Gof and Purge dont give the user a free pass to escape a gank. While Purify does.

That is why it is op and needs to be modified.

No, because the speed effect is only 6 seconds, other class like archer, barb and BM can catch it with apoth and their own skill. and if the problem is people cant kill with their lower gear. Well, u need to upgrade ur gear. Cause any class w end game gear with +12 are hard to kill.
    edited May 2013

sorry to say but if you dont know how to kite properly to avoid bms/barb at your lvl your the lazy one.. casters were always meant to be glass cannons not unkillable monsters when fighting large groups..

and again in 1v1 with someone equally geared its not OP cause it doesnt proc as often but in group PvP its procs so often that your permanently immune to debuffs and no other phy attack class including barbs can say this as i posted before
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    No, because the speed effect is only 6 seconds, other class like archer, barb and BM can catch it with apoth and their own skill. and if the problem is people cant kill with their lower gear. Well, u need to upgrade ur gear. Cause any class w end game gear with +12 are hard to kill.

I have personally killed +10 r9r2 casters with a +6 r9 axe and have screenshots that prove that.

Not everyone can afford to buy +12 or farm for it. It is very expensive.

Also, that 6 seconds is too much. It gives the caster pretty much a free charm tick and time to set themselves up for another attack. Which put the person fighting them at a disadvantage if they cant 3-4 shot the caster reliably.

I know this because I am very experienced in pvp myself and can tell you its op when used by the right person.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because those pixels are awesome. What should stop you if the proc gets nerfed?

People would not all be rolling casters if purify wasnt the way it was now. Adding a great deal of variety at endame levels (R9r2). Just like you are right now. Instead people would roll whatever toon they are most comfortable with or like the most.

All in all, I think we can both agree that people playing a variety of different classes because things are relatively balanced. Adds a lot to the game play.

At least in my opinion though.

lot of different classes when everyone had to have a sin or bm to farm

ppl say caster still get own in 1v1 and u want them to get own in group pvp too, sounds fair to me

btw the one who said gof was for 1v1, sure thats why a seeker can kill a whole squad b:cute
  • ilovefoxy
    ilovefoxy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they change the gear because of players QQing , Why bother putting any money into the game . Just a waste of hard earned cash to buy something , only to have it taken away because a few wish to whine .
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    remove the speed buff, it is highly annoying and when they purify on my HF.. b:cry

Understandable, annoying when casters runaway rather than standing there to be killed -.-
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Understandable, annoying when casters runaway rather than standing there to be killed -.-

don't you know that casters are supposed to be bm pinatas filled with supply tokens now that nirvy farming is dead?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    don't you know that casters are supposed to be bm pinatas filled with supply tokens now that nirvy farming is dead?

I do now b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.