Remove Purify Proc: Y/N. We had it coming!

Options

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Zerk crit from DPH sin or seeker can do 10-15kish on me self-buff, how is purify gonna help if charm gets bypassed (note - i have even more def than lot of full r9rr clerics due to def glaive and r9rr armor)?
    No need to read thread full of PvE ppl/bunch of QQing sins who can't occult ice and herp derp their target to feel pro anymore. APS builds are dead, but DPH melees can kill easily - if u can't, problem is between chair and keyboard, not in game.
    Oh yeah, my 410 evasion makes melee class miss me all day lmao!
    If u are a BM and cant keep ur character at melee range with ur control skills (again, purify doesnt proc every hit), u definitely should reroll b:laugh b:bye
    Adapt or quit this game, cyas b:thanks

A seeker is a casting class, and in no way whatsoever a melee class.
    A crit from a caster hits WAY more than that. Reference pretty much any end game caster pvp video. Or I could do what you're doing and just refer to my own first hand experience.
    APS isn't factor at all. There is no end game APS build that doesn't make you a 1 shot to absolutely everything; and even if there was, the game doesn't support it anymore even without purify spell. Every caster class has received skills in morai that are anti-high attack speeds.

I've stated numerous times, (which you would know if you read instead of running your mouth about **** that has already been discussed to death on dozens of pages) that in a 1 vs 1 situation or considering everyone involved has equal gears the proc really doesn't do much harm and many of us welcome it.

The issue is that in mass PvP (NOT JUST NATION WARS), any low DPH geared person who joins the fight assists casters. If they are attempting to attack the caster, they serve to help them proc while doing mediocre damage. If they assist the caster and attack their opponent whom is not one, then their mediocre damage adds up, their control skills all are effective, and they assist.

There should never be a situation where adding more opponents benefits you. That is just stupid. Adroit argues that people with lesser gear should not be considered in the argument but that is ridiculous. Lesser geared people exist everywhere all over every server. This is an MMORPG, characters are not balanced. Some have better refines, some have better gear, some are higher level. If everyone were equal this would not be an MMORPG.

The fact remains, increasing your opponents can and very often will increase a casters survivability. That is a broken mechanic.

trands wrote: »
    I'm still wondering if you're actually serious. Either you have only ever touched a bm, with bm friends only and been in only 100% bm squads, or you're joking.

I'm still curious though, where did you find weapon procs were originally made for balance between melees and casters ?

Nothing I said was specific to BMs, So I think I'll go ahead and just assume you're a troll attempting to work a strawman fallacy.
    If you think acanes have higher dph than melees than your smoking some funny stuff. The top attack rankings for a very long time have been dominated by seekers/barbs.

Seekers are not melee. You are dumb.
    Barbs have Armageddon, long debated to be the most powerful attack in the game as far as damage. But that is the only attack that they have which can compete.

Most normal average geared (no josd only +10 all r93) arcanes are one-two hit by all melees(same gear) except archers who will hit you atleast 3 times in the time it takes you to hit them once with a skill other than the weakest shortest cast skill.

Archers are not melees, just like seekers are not melees. Do you even know what melee means? Anyway, you're wrong. There is this strange tendency I have noticed where people like to +10 their weapon and leave their gears around +5. When 2 opposing people do this, yes they can smash each other's hp pool relatively fast.

Bms for instance has a stun/paralyze immune run fast and a normal run fast as well as a tele stun, as well as a skill that drags you to them. A wizard for instance has distance shrink only to run fast. I didn't count genie/apoth cause both can have that. Purify helps even that out.
    Aps higher than a natural r93 full set up gives has no place in todays pvp.

We have skills to close the distance because we can only deal damage at all if we are right next to our enemy. And no, Wizards don't only have distance shrink to keep distance. They also have arcane defense and spatial reversion, as well as 6 control skills.

Arcanes are nowhere near the best or most effective flag runners in nw except on servers full of noobs. Everyone had some perception that purify made casters op therefore those are the first toons the cash shoppers tricked out so it seems like they are such a factor, give it time and as you see more tricked out r93 other classes the casters will not be such a factor. In Nw clearly it is advantageous to have ranged attack, since most likely it is like tw where you have groups of people and it's not a good idea to get close enough for all of them to attack you at once.(even for a purify arcane)

I never said a single thing about Nation War. Now shutup.

I highlighted particularly dumb things in yellow.
    My responses are in dark orchid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    BREAKING NEWS!!!!

There removing Purify Spell!!!

Great job guys you QQ so hard you got your way.

Other classes weps will not change.Only magic class!! b:victory
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    BREAKING NEWS!!!!

There removing Purify Spell!!!

Great job guys you QQ so hard you got your way.

Other classes weps will not change.Only magic class!! b:victory

UPDATE: BETTER NEWS!!!

They will be coming for your APS, and melee weapon procs next!!b:victory

People who are saying that things would probably balance out when everyone starts getting comparable gear is actually probably correct, ergo my suggestion a few pages back. "put everyone in equal gear/weapons, for nw ONLY"

Sounds like a wonderful idea. Only your level will provide any kind of advantage. That would be a game rebuilder move, no doubt. It would also get more people involved in NW, especially those below level 100.

Let the FC babies learn their class on an equal footing from the pros. Seriously, awesome suggestion. ^.^
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    UPDATE: BETTER NEWS!!!

They will be coming for your APS, and melee weapon procs next!!b:victory

Sounds like a wonderful idea. Only your level will provide any kind of advantage. That would be a game rebuilder move, no doubt. It would also get more people involved in NW, espcially those below level 100.

Let the FC babies learn their class on an equal footing from the pros. Seriously, awesome suggestion. ^.^

mmos aren't supposed to be balanced between new and old players, if you wanted everything to be as equal as possible.. go play an fps. The entire point of an mmo is you gain an advantage by working harder/smarter than others.. and that suggestion would kill a lot of the incentive to throw money in game to be competitive (i.e. exactly opposite to the interests of the company).
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    Options
    mmos aren't supposed to be balanced between new and old players, if you wanted everything to be as equal as possible.. go play an fps. The entire point of an mmo is you gain an advantage by working harder/smarter than others.. and that suggestion would kill a lot of the incentive to throw money in game to be competitive (i.e. exactly opposite to the interests of the company).

Okies, its just one of many things in the game people would want the best money-throwing gears for, but I guess we just have to push for a Caster's NW in that case. *shrugs*

Melee feeling just too dang weak and slow to take casters on, apparently. *winks*
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Wow.... Just wow... Even players that are older than me... Sad.

I know I have been away from the game but I think it is best to leave this thread now.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Options

Melee feeling just too dang weak and slow to take casters on, apparently. *winks*

It's not all melee, there are plenty of competent well geared bms/sins that I know that have no problem with purify at all.. it is just the same few people complaining in this thread lol
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

1. I came from a game (about 3.5 years ago) where there was the same thing we have here, range. mage, and melee, but you know what it was all in the end balanced, they didn't have casters running around tanking 20+ hits from melee people, though yes magic ppl still owned melee people, which I never trully qqed about there. (Do NOT suggest for me to go back there, as I won't go back to the game I mentioned, it really is outdated.).. EDIT: Which in the end that may very well be the case for this game, but as of right now, it is extremely difficult to fathom, I hardly ever see melee people soloing hits from 10+ ppl like their a freaking badass boss, with an insane life pool/regenerating life pool, insane defenses and the ability to hurt people badly from any direction/anytime.

That game it went magers were stronger than melee, melee stronger than range, range stronger than mage.

2. Never liked FPS games, never have, and likely never will.

3. While its true that others have worked harder for their gear, it should NOT nullify the fact that others who worked just as hard if not harder at their gear, and are just as skilled as person 1 as person 2, and they still be unable to kill someone that they should be able too. (Just because of a proc that at the very least needs to be modified. (which is what I originally said when i first entered this topic. Though, yes this goes both ways.) It has never been hard for casters to kill melees never has and it never should be. (unelss there trully is a HUGE INSANELY wide gap in the difference of gears.)

This game is far more complex, than any other I have played, i will defintely admit that. (I do understand it takes more than a few people saying blah blah is overpowered/underpowered to change something, even when they arguably have proof of such things going on. (It still would take time for the devs of ANY game to implement a 'proper' change to reblalance things out, despite what it looks like I am sure they went through extensive 'training' to try to make sure purify proc wasn't overpowered, but they are human just like us, it is insanely hard to make sure that something they change wont tip things too much into the favor of one class/group of classes.)

Though yes, they want to make money, but seriously they keep this, they will likely just end up pissing off a lot of people, enough to end up quitting this game, and in the end hurt their potential income. (a few may quit their main, and spend money all over again on new characters, or even spend cash to really up their strength on their main.) Again I digress, my point is this, there are wa few people who are annoyed with this, and have stoppped playing all together, and havent even spent in game money to buy things from the 'true' cash shoppers. They really are alienating melee classes with a proc like purify + the casters ability to earn easier/better tokens than MOST melee people. (yes there are people on melee characters that earn better tokans than casters, but it is few far and in between.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Options
    3. While its true that others have worked harder for their gear, it should NOT nullify the fact that others who worked just as hard if not harder at their gear, and are just as skilled as person 1 as person 2, and they still be unable to kill someone that they should be able too. (Just because of a proc that at the very least needs to be modified. (which is what I originally said when i first entered this topic. Though, yes this goes both ways.) It has never been hard for casters to kill melees never has and it never should be. (unelss there trully is a HUGE INSANELY wide gap in the difference of gears.)

End game melee are very difficult to kill, and can kill casters just fine. Your argument is invalid. At equal gear, purify is not OP at all.. all the whining comes from undergeared or noob players (or both) that just need something to complain about.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    End game melee are very difficult to kill, and can kill casters just fine. Your argument is invalid. At equal gear, purify is not OP at all.. all the whining comes from undergeared or noob players (or both) that just need something to complain about.

I ama ignore the rest of your post, jsut so we dont get into it. <3, but really if I fit any of those, it would probably indeed be the fact that I am undergeared, and can't trully get to anyone.

Anyways the part I color codeed... I don't doubt that one bit, but as I later edited in my first post, I still dont see them running around near as often taking hits from 10+ people,as matter of fact, I can't recall a single battle that I have seen, where a melee running the flag couldn't at the very least be locked down and in some cases even killed, but when it comes to casters... they can not only kill others with ease, they're ridicolously difficult for people to take them down, at least definitely here on my server in nw.... especially with the purify proc. (this is all of course when numbers were on 'our' side.) Though yes I am sure melee people in simliar gears/a similiar situation could indeed easily kill those people that are dumb enough to actually get close to them when they're not locked down. (the casters, because most melees can take a few hits from most other melee with ease.)

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    breaking News!!!!

There Removing Purify Spell!!!

Great Job Guys You Qq So Hard You Got Your Way.

Other Classes Weps Will Not Change.only Magic Class!! B:victory

Hide Yo Glaives Hide Yo Staves Hide Yo Wands, They Taking Everyones Procs Up In Here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I ama ignore the rest of your post, jsut so we dont get into it. <3, but really if I fit any of those, it would probably indeed be the fact that I am undergeared, and can't trully get to anyone.

Anyways the part I color codeed... I don't doubt that one bit, but as I later edited in my first post, I still dont see them running around near as often taking hits from 10+ people,as matter of fact, I can't recall a single battle that I have seen, where a melee running the flag couldn't at the very least be locked down and in some cases even killed, but when it comes to casters... they can not only kill others with ease, they're ridicolously difficult for people to take them down, at least definitely here on my server in nw.... especially with the purify proc. (this is all of course when numbers were on 'our' side.) Though yes I am sure melee people in simliar gears/a similiar situation could indeed easily kill those people that are dumb enough to actually get close to them when they're not locked down. (the casters, because most melees can take a few hits from most other melee with ease.)

When I go to NW in my basicly R8 gear, if I am on the winning team - I leave with anywhere between 107 (first NW of the game, and only time I EVER got that much) and 75 tokens. On any other team it averages 32.

You are not alone in NOT making the progress you feel you deserve to make in the game. Yes the gears are out-of-wack. The spread between R8 and R9 is unprecedented, but people pay what I would call "dearly" for that advantage.

It supports the game, so even though it makes it a game that becomes totally boring at end game, you can take solace in knowing a lot of R9T3+12 JosD peeps feel the same way. After a while they are fighting the same few peeps in PK, year after year.

It is totally unfair to attack your fellow players as a way to rectify this.

If that proccing Caster has R9T3+12 JosD, and you catch him, you will never kill him. Be happy if you are able to even put a dent in his health bar, before he 1 or 2 shots you. His purify proc and speed has aboslutely nothing to do with the reason you can't kill him, and never will, no matter how skilled you are of a player.

There are lots of fun and positive things in this game that you can still enjoy, with the gears you currently have. I'm not telling you to like it or lump it. It is what it is. But that same energy that has you lashing out at fellow players, comes from a place that says, "I love this game!". Channel it into a more fun and rewarding direction.

^.^
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Hide Yo Glaives Hide Yo Staves Hide Yo Wands, They Taking Everyones Procs Up In Here.

+1 b:chuckle
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    When I go to NW in my basicly R8 gear, if I am on the winning team - I leave with anywhere between 107 (first NW of the game, and only time I EVER got that much) and 75 tokens. On any other team it averages 32.

You are not alone in NOT making the progress you feel you deserve to make in the game. Yes the gears are out-of-wack. The spread between R8 and R9 is unprecedented, but people pay what I would call "dearly" for that advantage.

It supports the game, so even though it makes it a game that becomes totally boring at end game, you can take solace in knowing a lot of R9T3+12 JosD peeps feel the same way. After a while they are fighting the same few peeps in PK, year after year.

It is totally unfair to attack your fellow players as a way to rectify this.

If that proccing Caster has R9T3+12 JosD, and you catch him, you will never kill him. Be happy if you are able to even put a dent in his health bar, before he 1 or 2 shots you. His purify proc and speed has aboslutely nothing to do with the reason you can't kill him, and never will, no matter how skilled you are of a player.

There are lots of fun and positive things in this game that you can still enjoy, with the gears you currently have. I'm not telling you to like it or lump it. It is what it is. But that same energy that has you lashing out at fellow players, comes from a place that says, "I love this game!". Channel it into a more fun and rewarding direction.

^.^
    I don't disagree with a majority of what you said, but still the fact remains, casters have plenty of advantages that melees do not, hell they even have a few advantages that melees do have, and yet arguably only the melees should have it if any. (the advantages that casters have that allow them to surpass what other classes should be doing far better.)

While I may have lashed out at some of the views being posted in here, so have others, and as matter of fact I am one of the few that has conceded it probably does have a little something to do with gear, and that th purify proc as a stand alone entity isn't that overpowered.

However, one thing I do disagree with you on is the fact that you said that the purify proc 'never' will have anything to do with why we can't kill them, that is for the lack of a better word... untrue. (As others have pointed out, the more people that attack a r93r caster with purify proc, the better chance of their proc activating, and saving them, allowing them to run away, turn around and conitnue/possibly even finish what he or she started long before you even reached him, or her.) They have the element of surprise on their side, so they will likely be able to get in 1-3 hits before you even reach them depending on how soon they are noticed/the class they are hitting.

One more thing, I have done... did what every other 'sensible' bm on our server has done, and that is went to a class that has a much better chance of at the very least fighting back a little. (as I have pointed out before, bm's are the ones that struggle to do this the most, UNLESS they have super INSANELY ridicolously POWERFUL gear, otherwise they are just fodder for people, regardless of what proc the opponent has.)

edited April 2013
    Options
    I don't disagree with a majority of what you said, but still the fact remains, casters have plenty of advantages that melees do not, hell they even have a few advantages that melees do have, and yet arguably only the melees should have it if any. (the advantages that casters have that allow them to surpass what other classes should be doing far better.)

While I may have lashed out at some of the views being posted in here, so have others, and as matter of fact I am one of the few that has conceded it probably does have a little something to do with gear, and that th purify proc as a stand alone entity isn't that overpowered.

However, one thing I do disagree with you on is the fact that you said that the purify proc 'never' will have anything to do with why we can't kill them, that is for the lack of a better word... untrue. (As others have pointed out, the more people that attack a r93r caster with purify proc, the better chance of their proc activating, and saving them, allowing them to run away, turn around and conitnue/possibly even finish what he or she started long before you even reached him, or her.) They have the element of surprise on their side, so they will likely be able to get in 1-3 hits before you even reach them depending on how soon they are noticed/the class they are hitting.

One more thing, I have done... did what every other 'sensible' bm on our server has done, and that is went to a class that has a much better chance of at the very least fighting back a little. (as I have pointed out before, bm's are the ones that struggle to do this the most, UNLESS they have super INSANELY ridicolously POWERFUL gear, otherwise they are just fodder for people, regardless of what proc the opponent has.)

The proc doesnt save them. If the 20 or more peeps attacking dont buttravage his heath bar, he's not dying.

All the purify proc does is free him from any type of stun/sleeping/binding - if you will. Doesnt rejuvenate his HP or MP or amp his damage or anything else. Disagree all you want, but everyone knows better than that. Even a newb like me.b:chuckle

Yes, we are just fodder - that's why I dont care if I go to NW or not, lol. That's why I join TW factions, get tired of no progress there either, and leave the faction. Its usually not that I have been mistreated in any way - it more like, "What am I doing this for?"

As in NW - I was doing it for Nirvy third cast gears. Then when I realised that the best I was going to walk away with was only half as good as R9T3, the need to go became less...and less.

Believe you can defeat them with enough players and no purify if you want, but know down deep in your soul that you will not.

Good luck!
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Are there any other procs that require a player to have control over not only their actions but everyone else in the vicinity too? Since the solution is don't let anyone who can't get the kill to attack. As if any of the melees had a choice in the matter. :P Anyway after reading the thread it sounds like to me the main problem is NW. I kinda like the idea suggested a few pages back of a CD. But then again, I can't really recall a time PWI ever really nerfed anything since the time I've been playing here. They didn't deal with the problem by nerfing APS to 3.33 like a lot of people wanted, they just made APS less effective by introducing new skills, gear, and farming instances.
    The proc doesnt save them. If the 20 or more peeps attacking dont buttravage his heath bar, he's not dying.

Please tell me that you understand that kiting and charm ticks can save someone's life.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Are there any other procs that require a player to have control over not only their actions but everyone else in the vicinity too?

I can play this game too, are there any other procs other than purge on wep that allow a lowbie to have a significant role in taking down a r9rr +12 josd char?
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I can play this game too, are there any other procs other than purge on wep that allow a lowbie to have a significant role in taking down a r9rr +12 josd char?

Do those other useless weapon procs actually hinder the ability of the well geared, competent person going for the kill?

• Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Do those other useless weapon procs actually hinder the ability of the person going for the kill?

What? lmao
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited April 2013
    Options
    What? lmao

Well, would some non-factor sin going for a zerk crit actually hinder the ability of a r999caster to kill say a r999 bm?

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

I think you meant to ask "Are there any procs other than purge on a wep that allow a lowbie to have a significant role in taking down anything but an r9rr +12 JOSD caster".

While that lowbie with purge is contributing non-factor damage and possibly procing PS, if it lucks out and purges then the caster can go down. However, if another lowbie derps around on a caster the result is that they help the caster rather than hurting.

Against a melee, any outside force that does damage or crow controls hinders it no matter what, whether it be level 60 or level 105.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

There is no proc/skill/effect in the entire game that has no effective cooldown or cost other than Purify Spell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well, would some non-factor sin going for a zerk crit actually hinder the ability of a r999caster to kill say a r999 bm?

When you define the sin as "non-factor".. pretty much by definition it won't be a factor in the fight. An undergeared sin that knew its role could actually contribute in a 2v1 though, just instead of trying to deal damage.. solely use skills for the effects. So it could start out by simply teleporting and sleeping the wiz so the bm could run up, then tele stun if the wiz is able to blink out.. and immobilize when possible.. spell cutter + knife throw to interrupt channeling, throatcut after a purify.. there are many many ways for the sin to be a pain. On top of all that, with tidal + deaden + apoth + genie + stealth, just being annoying to kill and taking some damage helps. What doesn't help is herp derp aps for 2 digit damage.. and the same goes if he was trying to help the other side. He would still be FAR more useful on my side being annoying with skill effects than trying to do negligible damage.. purify does punish the noobs more for being noob, but I don't have a problem with that at all.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options

All the purify proc does is free him from any type of stun/sleeping/binding - if you will. Doesnt rejuvenate his HP or MP or amp his damage or anything else. Disagree all you want, but everyone knows better than that. Even a newb like me.b:chuckle

Yes, we are just fodder - that's why I dont care if I go to NW or not, lol. That's why I join TW factions, get tired of no progress there either, and leave the faction. Its usually not that I have been mistreated in any way - it more like, "What am I doing this for?"

As in NW - I was doing it for Nirvy third cast gears. Then when I realised that the best I was going to walk away with was only half as good as R9T3, the need to go became less...and less.

Believe you can defeat them with enough players and no purify if you want, but know down deep in your soul that you will not.

Good luck!

To be fair I never said it did, but it DOES allow caster that do happen to have purify, and the ability to take hits from 10+ rather decently geared people (even if only 3 of them are) the other 7 should only be helping to take them down, not allow them to have a better chance at a weapon procing, so they can run away and continue the mayhem they started, it obviously doesn't boost their damage but still, it removes the amps/debuffs, allows them to move at 200% speed, and makes them immuned to all normal stuns.... Though there are ways of combating that, a lot of so obscure that it isn't even funny, and each of the ways to combat it have cooldowns, which the purify skill on weapon is neither so few far and in between, nor does it have any 'true' cooldown. EDIT: yes the same is true for other procs,etc but there is a huge difference between a few skills that have no cooldown, the gof/purge procs, and of course the purfiy proc, the gof/purge... doesn't have any way of effecting how well one class might be able to kite, and take the damage being dealth to them.)

There are PLENTY of scenarios where the casters can take a INSANE amount of damage, and they DO benefit from the purify proc, and whether you like to admit it or not, they shouldn't be able to do that.

I get it our opinions on this matter just does not coincide, which really I can not blame you for trying to make an argument that it isnt overpowered, but the simple truth of it is... that there IS a situation NO MATTER how small where someone with this proc benefits greatly, where they SHOULD NOT!... (Ergo my stance on modifying the skill)

• ovenusarmanio
    edited April 2013
    Options
    When you define the sin as "non-factor".. pretty much by definition it won't be a factor in the fight. An undergeared sin that knew its role could actually contribute in a 2v1 though, just instead of trying to deal damage.. solely use skills for the effects. So it could start out by simply teleporting and sleeping the wiz so the bm could run up, then tele stun if the wiz is able to blink out.. and immobilize when possible.. spell cutter + knife throw to interrupt channeling, throatcut after a purify.. there are many many ways for the sin to be a pain. On top of all that, with tidal + deaden + apoth + genie + stealth, just being annoying to kill and taking some damage helps. What doesn't help is herp derp aps for 2 digit damage.. and the same goes if he was trying to help the other side. He would still be FAR more useful on my side being annoying with skill effects than trying to do negligible damage.. purify does punish the noobs more for being noob, but I don't have a problem with that at all.

It punishes everyone on their team, not just the noob. That's my point. The r999 bm could lose because he had a moron on his team. But the same isn't true the other way around. Why should the bm need to have any control over the actions of another person? The non-factor sin would have a factor in the fight, for the opposite team, through no fault of the BM. I think it's a fair and legitimate criticism. That doesn't mean the solution is to necessarily nerf purify proc. I'm sure people could come up with better solutions than me specific to NW that would allow it to be used elsewhere without worry. In fact the more I read this thread, the more I think that would be better than changing the way purify works since I haven't really heard any complaints about other areas of the game.

• Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Options
    There is no proc/skill/effect in the entire game that has no effective cooldown or cost other than Purify Spell.

GoF has negligible cost and no cd, SB has no cost or cd, soul of silence has no cost or cd.. what are you smoking?
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Do those other useless weapon procs actually hinder the ability of the well geared, competent person going for the kill?

lol

I think you meant to ask "Are there any procs other than purge on a wep that allow a lowbie to have a significant role in taking down anything but an r9rr +12 JOSD caster".

While that lowbie with purge is contributing non-factor damage and possibly procing PS, if it lucks out and purges then the caster can go down. However, if another lowbie derps around on a caster the result is that they help the caster rather than hurting.

Against a melee, any outside force that does damage or crow controls hinders it no matter what, whether it be level 60 or level 105.

still with the walls of text that don't make any sense.

looool, whhhaaat planet are you from

The same few people posting over and over again saying the same thing over and over again- forcing the same people to respond the same way over and over again

The proc is fine how it is.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It punishes everyone on their team, not just the noob. That's my point. The r999 bm could lose because he had a moron on his team. But the same isn't true the other way around. Why should the bm need to have any control over the actions of another person?

If you were the BM, just one shot the noob if he isn't helping then.. besides, a noob hitting a barb using beastial rage gives him tons of chi, it would help the barb to have noob(s) hitting him (presumably you should be complaining about that too.. no double standards :P)
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited April 2013
    Options
    If you were the BM, just one shot the noob if he isn't helping then.. besides, a noob hitting a barb using beastial rage gives him tons of chi, it would help the barb to have noob(s) hitting him (presumably you should be complaining about that too.. no double standards :P)

Is there a way to kill your own teammates in NW that I'm unaware of? Since I edited after you responded, I don't think the solution is to necessarily nerf purify proc. There is probably all kinds of soultions you could do specific to NW that would work just fine without nerfing casters in all aspects of the game they use purify without problem.

Bestial rage isn't as bad as purify or there would be a 63 page rage thread about it.

• Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Options
    klys wrote: »
    The same few people posting over and over again saying the same thing over and over again- forcing the same people to respond the same way over and over again

The proc is fine how it is.

^ this times 1 million. Getting tired of repeating myself.
This discussion has been closed.