(Insert fancy image here)
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Enjoy the nap folks that are going to sleep. b:cute

Just tide right now I think. I still have a couple hours :p
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Haha. Try not to overwork yourself either. :P
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And bring your tail back please! :)
    Nuooooo D:
    Kossy why did you edit Tide's post x3???
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited April 2013
    Merging all of them double posts. :P

*pets Ven's tail*
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Merging all of them double posts. :P

*pets Ven's tail*

Staaaphit >: *pulls tail away from* *sits on tail so it's underneath body* 3:<
    Desdi likes her tail being given attention, I don't. x3
    I mean c'mon, if you're going to pet something, pet me not my tail D:!
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013

Staaaphit >: *pulls tail away from* *sits on tail so it's underneath body* 3:<
    Desdi likes her tail being given attention, I don't. x3
    I mean c'mon, if you're going to pet something, pet me not my tail D:!

*gets excited look on my face. Reaches hand out tentatively and pets Ven Ven*

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    *gets excited look on my face. Reaches hand out tentatively and pets Ven Ven*

*purrs~* *nuzzles Warui's paw* :3!
  • opkossy
    edited April 2013
    .... What have I unleashed?!
    edited April 2013

*purrs~* *nuzzles Warui's paw* :3!

*happily pets more* Ven will you teach me how to purr even though I am a psychic fish/humanoid thing?

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    .... What have I unleashed?!

Nothing, this is pretty normal interaction for me o-o
  • opkossy
    edited April 2013
    *pets Ven and the purring fish* o.o
    edited April 2013
    *pets Ven and the purring fish* o.o

closes eyes and falls asleep while being pet accidently*
    No. No! I must stay awake!

• opkossy
    edited April 2013
    You'll enjoy your nap, young lady! b:laugh
    edited April 2013
    You'll enjoy your nap, young lady! b:laugh

after work is over actually I think I will try sleeping for a full six hours at once... Which is normally more than I get in two days combined. XD
    Until then I will enjoy my friends on the forums and generally not doing my actual work since the humans are asleep XD

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    *happily pets more* Ven will you teach me how to purr even though I am a psychic fish/humanoid thing?
    Would you like me to be very technical..?
    Personally I think explaining it takes away from the charm a bit, but alright.

At least for non-cat purring, it actually doesn't have to with the throat much at all, it more encompasses use of the tongue. It also isn't very relevant to breathing: while purrs do sound slightily different if one is inhaling or exhaling when one purrs, as where the primary vibration that it comes from is very close to the beginning of the trachea, one can still purr while inhaling, exhaling, or not doing either. I think that, for persons who haven't been purring for forever, the easiest time to purr would be during exhalation.
    The tongue is a prehensile organ, afterall(the only like that which humans have, if I'm not mistaken), so one can curl it and use the muscles in it and whatnot.
    I'm pretty practiced with purring since I've purred for... since forever, so I can be in some non-optimal contexts and still manage to purr, but it seems the 'easiest' way to purr which someone may start out using, and also the default method at rest.
    At least for me, the tongue is positioned so that the tip is settled right against the back of the two front teeth, and the sides are settled against the back of the very bases of all the other teeth on the top of the skull. It's not 'nessesary' for the bottom teeth to have any contact with the tongue, but if your bottom teeth normally rest sort of 'behind' the top one when your mouth is closed, then the two teeth right under the middle incisors come in contact with the bottom of the tongue, too, which gives extra support. Now, before the actual purr is happening, note/remember that 'you' should be relaxed so don't like... try to shove the very back corners of your tongue that may not feel like they're touching a tooth (unless you have wisdom teeth) onto the end of the gum or anything, that'd be silly. x3
    So because with this type of purring it requires the tongue to be in contact with something, one can't generally purr with their mouth open, or while they're in the middle of talking. Also as a side-note, if your mouth is completily dry you probabily won't be able to purr, so water is nice.
    Okay, so at this point, the muscle in the very center of the tongue has work to do, and by that I mean, if you were to curl it into a U shape, the center is that line going down the middle/the minimum if talking in vertex terms. Those muscles should tense a bit, especially at the very base. So now at this point, the back of the tongue should feel kind of like it's in an ~ like shape, because the base is the most tense and thus highest, where your tongue connects to the bottom of the mouth(the frenulum) is the lowest, and of course there's the muscle in-between. From here there should be some sort of... friction/popping like path that goes along that muscle which ultimantely makes it so the base of the tongue ends up at the lowest point, and the middle of it has moved up, while the sides have gone from being mostily flat to being curved upwards as well.
    Honestily that's the hardest part of purring to explain, which is, in essence the entire reason the purr is made, because it's that friction which creates the sound. I guess basically just think of the back of the tongue doing the wave or something.
    Because of where the basis and all is located, I kind of theorize that purring is why I don't seem to have a gag reflex, since tensing of that spot has been associated with purring and not gagging o_o And the sort of subconscious general tenseness there when one's in a happy mood is where I think purring by reflex has come from, because it's become procedural habit and if there's been any movement there it needs to finish by purring, and since purring is circular in that one needs to reset where the tongue is and blah blah it tends to repeat, therefore giving you more than just one random purr.

Normally, I don't really feel all of this going on all too much so I had to be hyper-sensitive to everything to write this, and now I feel weird because I was like in the middle of purring the whole time trying to figure out how to explain it aha!

.....you asked me to teach you this is what you were given OTL
  • opkossy
    edited April 2013
    .... Well then!

And yet I somehow expected a post like that. XD
    edited April 2013
    holy fish and the great Wall of text. Anyway guess what?! I actually tried this for a few minutes and now I can purr!
    I am showing my husband when he gets here! XD using it every chance I get now!

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    holy fish and the great Wall of text. Anyway guess what?! I actually tried this for a few minutes and now I can purr!
    I am showing my husband when he gets here! XD using it every chance I get now!

:33!!!! Yaii!! I did something good :3!
    .... Well then!

And yet I somehow expected a post like that. XD
    I needed a long post as a rite of passage into my 2K post range because of how often I was posting earlier B| Now I finally feel as though I can request a second colour and not have cheated to get it. (I didn't expect to have the rest of those posts until the end of the weekend x-x)
  • opkossy
    edited April 2013
    Haha. A nice long post can be a great thing depending on context and content. I think that one was well done as now.. well... Warui can purr. b:pleased

And congrats on the colors once you get them!
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Haha. A nice long post can be a great thing depending on context and content. I think that one was well done as now.. well... Warui can purr. b:pleased

And congrats on the colors once you get them!

:33 It's wonderful, isn't it~
    And thankies!
    edited April 2013
    home now! Sleepy time I suppose... Anyway my husband said I was acting young again by being so excited by my new ability to purr but I think he is probably just upset I figured out how to do it before him. That it what I chose to believe anyway!

...... It still made him smile when I did it on the car ride home. Before I fell asleep in the car f:surrender car rides! So sleepy!

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    home now! Sleepy time I suppose... Anyway my husband said I was acting young again by being so excited by my new ability to purr but I think he is probably just upset I figured out how to do it before him. That it what I chose to believe anyway!

...... It still made him smile when I did it on the car ride home. Before I fell asleep in the car f:surrender car rides! So sleepy!

*purrs* That is good. x3 And of course 'ya should re-direct him to the post explaining it if he was indeed "just upset [you] figured out how to do it before him" so that he can figure it out and purr, too :3
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Would you like me to be very technical..?

*snip*

This post raised the intelligence quotient of this thread by like five points. Much appreciated.

b:thanks
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm sleepy, but I'm up, 'sup ya'll?
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    This post raised the intelligence quotient of this thread by like five points. Much appreciated.

Yaii :3!!
    Did you try to purr, too :3?
  • opkossy
    edited April 2013

This thread had an intelligence quotient? I thought it was so far into the negative we just decided to call it nonexistent.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *comes in and curls up*
    Need someone to brush my fur and pet me while I fall asleep :3
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This thread had an intelligence quotient? I thought it was so far into the negative we just decided to call it nonexistent.

Only because you post here silly
  • opkossy
    edited April 2013
    Only because you post here silly
    Pfft. Blatant lies!
    *comes in and curls up*
    Need someone to brush my fur and pet me while I fall asleep :3
    *pets the Desdi* Enjoy the sleeps!

On a side note, I'm having spicy ribs with white rice for my nomnomz right now.