Sweet Sweet Karma!

Options

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Sweetiebot award Desdi - Sanctuary 2 points for letting me play with her tail. b:victory

^ Yup obiviously that so a GOOD reason to give points.

SweetieBot remove 2 points from Desdi - Sanctuary cause ''for letting me play with her tail'' has nothing to do with the forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Touche.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Points are not meaningful to begin with anyway. If this was something that actually had purpose, there would've been a lot more regulations to it.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Wow so much favoritism from the mods that for a second I though I was on the forum of a private server.

I love how when someone else then a precious mod, bot or Asterelle in the top 3 they remove the person.

I don't see why it matters? The points serve no purpose. Not to be disrespectful, but I think Asterelle deserves the points more then Longknife, and no one spams him points for no reason. Either way, I don't really care.
    My question now is, what's the purpose of this?

There isn't one. Getting points given for no particular reason is akin to getting them removed for no particular reason. Honestly, if someone made me more negative then Zan, I'd not give a ****. Why do you care so much?
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I don't see why it matters? The points serve no purpose. Not to be disrespectful, but I think Asterelle deserves the points more then Longknife, and no one spams him points for no reason. Either way, I don't really care.

There isn't one. Getting points given for no particular reason is akin to getting them removed for no particular reason. Honestly, if someone made me more negative then Zan, I'd not give a ****. Why do you care so much?

You.. you can't do that. You can't go more negative than Frenchryu! HE LOVES HIS TITLE!

I used to be in the top three, now I'm like.. uh... I don't even know what place I am, can't say it's a big deal.
    edited March 2013
    Options

That's your opinion and I respect it. Doesn't mean everyone else think Asterelle should win cause he's more loved then Longknife.

Funny, Asterelle create that bot, try to make the winner get a in game prize and people say Asterelle should won... no favoritism at all in there....

If the mods already decided that Asterelle is the winner then close this beside just make it a fake contest, cause obviously they won't let anyone else win.

I'm not always nice, sometime it happen I troll a bit or make a +1 post, I'm far to be the perfect ''poster'' on the forum, but seriously if I got 10 points for everytime I helped people I would have over 500 points, but cause I'm not as loved as Asterelle I will never be in the top. That ''contest'' is not about the most helpful person, but about the most loved person.

I already said many times, I do like the idea of that, it's funny, I love SweetieBot as much as other people and I think Asterelle is a genius for have make that bot, but do that mean he should win a ''contest'' made by himself for that?

What bother me is they want to rewards in game for that. If get confirm that they will not rewards in game for that popularity contest of kissing mods butts then I PROMISE I would not give anymore a single point to Longknife. That's the only thing that bother me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Wait wait wait, they decided to actually give an in game prize now?
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I highly doubt there'd be rewards for it, to be honest. But sure, lets get a confirmation on this.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    That's your opinion and I respect it. Doesn't mean everyone else think Asterelle should win cause he's more loved then Longknife.

Funny, Asterelle create that bot, try to make the winner get a in game prize and people say Asterelle should won... no favoritism at all in there....

If the mods already decided that Asterelle is the winner then close this beside just make it a fake contest, cause obviously they won't let anyone else win.

I'm not always nice, sometime it happen I troll a bit or make a +1 post, I'm far to be the perfect ''poster'' on the forum, but seriously if I got 10 points for everytime I helped people I would have over 500 points, but cause I'm not as loved as Asterelle I will never be in the top. That ''contest'' is not about the most helpful person, but about the most loved person.

I already said many times, I do like the idea of that, it's funny, I love SweetieBot as much as other people and I think Asterelle is a genius for have make that bot, but do that mean he should win a ''contest'' made by himself for that?

What bother me is they want to rewards in game for that. If get confirm that they will not rewards in game for that popularity contest of kissing mods butts then I PROMISE I would not give anymore a single point to Longknife. That's the only thing that bother me.

I cannot speak for Ast or any of the GMs, but I seriously doubt they would take that score board as it currently stands if they ever decided to offer in-game rewards. It would probably reset. As it currently stands, it serves no purpose. There is currently no contest, except who gets to the top of this thread's list. No one ever confirmed in-game rewards unless I missed that post somewhere. The only person who mentioned it was Ast in his initial post.

For the record, I never was against Longknife getting loads of points. I was just testing removing them, because I thought the bot was broken.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited March 2013
    Options

What is SweetieBot Karma good for anyway?
    Karma gets you placement in the table below of PWI Forum High Scores. In the future you may be able to redeem Karma for in-game prizes (if I can convince the GMs of the idea)
    v4liance wrote: »
    I think this sounds like a fun system. The mod team and I will be keeping an eye on it to see how it goes.

Do you think you could set SweetieBot up to do monthly leaderboards, or track historical growth in karma over time? I'd love to run monthly karma contests.

- Val

To me it sound like a ''maybe''.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

I think you're missing the point... "Points" Have no meaning o.o, it's not a contest, it is just a bit of fun, think of it as "likes" or "+1's" A contest has a reward, this doesn't. o.o
    You randomly spamming points for no real reason other than you seem to have some sort of weird fetish for Longknife just takes the fun out of getting points for doing something clever and "earning" them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    To me it sound like a ''maybe''.

Exactly. Maybe. As of this moment no prizes are able to be obtained as a result of your rank on the high scores.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

I don't care either. I haven't been awarding myself the points anyways, have I? Too bad we're not on the same server or you'd know by know I criticize for the sake of it sometimes; not to be a ****, but because I think if you see a problem with a system or plan or whatever, you should speak up; sometimes criticism leads to improvement, which is VURRY NAIS. :3 Since we're not, you'll just have to take my word for it.

But I got called here after hearing I got several points removed, made one joke post, got the points back within a day then taken away again, and now I'm removed from it entirely, and I simply have to ask:

1) Why remove me if as EVERYONE says, there isn't a point to these? And who's to judge what's legitimate and not? I mean ffs you can check Harshlands subforum right now and see I've got two birthday threads for me. And if you're saying Bella's needlessly awarding them, why not revoke HER ability to award points or tweak how often people can award points? Why remove me from the list entirely when I didn't even spam myself? (I tried! Then took points away from Sweetiebot when she wouldn't let me!)

2) What's the purpose of this if the thread ITSELF says it has no purpose, but the mods basically pick and choose who deserves points? Doesn't that render everything else moot?

I'm simply speaking up because the first thread simultaneously says "HERE, KARMA, GO WILD LOL" and then says "Maybe we can use this to give out awards in-game!" For a system that entertains the thought of being utilized to give out in-game awards, it certainly doesn't have anyone NOT involved with governing the list at the top, it certainly doesn't take into account that one might be liked in game or simply RANDOMLY awarded points for a post elsewhere or that it might be a massive problem if mods -basically- pick and choose who's at the top directly with a hand of god.

I hardly feel this'll EVER be taken seriously given the circumstances, and given that the OP entertains thoughts of BEING taken seriously, yeah, it might be wise to tweak the system or DECLARE a purpose. Cause as it is now, it looks pretty hypocritical to simultaneously say it's for anything and then remove someone from the list entirely (when -I- didn't do anything) because you disagree with them being on the list.

I think you're missing the point... "Points" Have no meaning o.o, it's not a contest, it is just a bit of fun, think of it as "likes" or "+1's" A contest has a reward, this doesn't. o.o
    You randomly spamming points for no real reason other than you seem to have some sort of weird fetish for Longknife just takes the fun out of getting points for doing something clever and "earning" them.

Right. It's for a bit of fun.

I haven't paid the system any mind, but for example, today alone I was told by Bella (a guildie) that a mod took "a buttload" of points from me and that I was high on the list before. I check the thread I'm linked to and see the post, and as it so happens, today is my birthday.

So my reaction, fun-loving and nothing but, was to get back those points in one day flat. I simply told some friends I know from game that tend to frequent forums and like my posts about it and asked them to give me points for my B-day.

Bam. I got the points back. The points the mod removed, I got back immediately. And I promise you the people I asked to award me said points, they would all tell you they DO agree with the context of my posts, particularly on Harshlands subforum. That was my little fun-loving joke to get those points back.

And that was my intention. I was going to make a point that if I TRULY wanted, I have enough people that agree with my posts that if I simply asked them to award me points when they agreed with me (as I think basically none of them give a **** about this system), then I'd easily be able to re-earn the points the mods took from me.

That was my joke: I wanted to get it going so that I'd get 100 or so taken away and re-earn 100 or so over and over. But now I can't have that joke because apparently I'm "abusing the system" when there ISN'T A SYSTEM.

I've basically been tossed out of the "fun" for no reason whatsoever.
    As for why Bella has been awarding me points constantly, I can't say. I didn't tell her to do it; she's the same person that told me about this thread and I didn't know it existed before she pointed it out. But I know I've gotten points from people I don't even know and I know the very people I asked to award points today always agree with points I make about Harshlands politics, nor do I see why "it's my birthday" wouldn't count as a legit reason.

I simply want to be allowed to continue having fun with the system, but I've been cast out of it entirely.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Sweetiebot, give 10 points to oVenusArmanio

Venus needs some points too.

^ Other example of mod giving points for NO reason, but yet normal players can't.
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    This really does sound like a fun system that can be engaging and rewarding. This ties into the suggestion I made a while ago about creating engaging forum events that can award players either on the forums or ingame, or in some other mean.

But I think stricter rules should be in place, such as upping the post requirement to 100 posts or so.

If it was just a ''contest'' for fun then why mods make some people ignored by SweetieBot?
    If it's for fun why they remove thousand points from someone saying the person don't derserve it?
    If it was only for fun they would not care that a no name person have 5000 points over everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I wonder if SweetieBot been turned off. She has been rather quiet o:

The entire system is not very well thought out to begin with for the purpose of the points being anything useful, so.. yeah
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Zheii - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    If it was just a ''contest'' for fun then why mods make some people ignored by SweetieBot?
    If it's for fun why they remove thousand points from someone saying the person don't derserve it?
    If it was only for fun they would not care that a no name person have 5000 points over everyone else.

You're really turning this into such a big dramatic thing, when it's really not.
    Please remove whatever crawled up your derriere and died there cause your going to end up runing the points system for everyone.

Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Honestly I think you guys simply cared too much.... Get some fresh air. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You're really turning this into such a big dramatic thing, when it's really not.
    Please remove whatever crawled up your derri

Sorry about that.. I'll go ahead and pull out now.

Also, your post got cut off, but I fixed your color.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I don't care either. I haven't been awarding myself the points anyways, have I? Too bad we're not on the same server or you'd know by know I criticize for the sake of it sometimes; not to be a ****, but because I think if you see a problem with a system or plan or whatever, you should speak up; sometimes criticism leads to improvement, which is VURRY NAIS. :3 Since we're not, you'll just have to take my word for it.

But I got called here after hearing I got several points removed, made one joke post, got the points back within a day then taken away again, and now I'm removed from it entirely, and I simply have to ask:

1) Why remove me if as EVERYONE says, there isn't a point to these? And who's to judge what's legitimate and not? I mean ffs you can check Harshlands subforum right now and see I've got two birthday threads for me. And if you're saying Bella's needlessly awarding them, why not revoke HER ability to award points or tweak how often people can award points? Why remove me from the list entirely when I didn't even spam myself? (I tried! Then took points away from Sweetiebot when she wouldn't let me!)

2) What's the purpose of this if the thread ITSELF says it has no purpose, but the mods basically pick and choose who deserves points? Doesn't that render everything else moot?

I'm simply speaking up because the first thread simultaneously says "HERE, KARMA, GO WILD LOL" and then says "Maybe we can use this to give out awards in-game!" For a system that entertains the thought of being utilized to give out in-game awards, it certainly doesn't have anyone NOT involved with governing the list at the top, it certainly doesn't take into account that one might be liked in game or simply RANDOMLY awarded points for a post elsewhere or that it might be a massive problem if mods -basically- pick and choose who's at the top directly with a hand of god.

I hardly feel this'll EVER be taken seriously given the circumstances, and given that the OP entertains thoughts of BEING taken seriously, yeah, it might be wise to tweak the system or DECLARE a purpose. Cause as it is now, it looks pretty hypocritical to simultaneously say it's for anything and then remove someone from the list entirely (when -I- didn't do anything) because you disagree with them being on the list.

As I said, I didn't have a problem with you getting loads of points. If I were moderating it, I'd've silenced Bella and not you, as you stated. Also, as Zsw said, the system is not well-thought out and is certainly lacking in a rigorous structure; but, it's a fledgling system with no real stated purpose for the moment. Again, as I said previously, I cannot speak for Ast, but I am fairly certain the slate would we wiped clean if and when a reward system was put in place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Sorry about that.. I'll go ahead and pull out now.

I fixed it! it wouldn't let me post the word "derriere" with the ' over the e as it should be, and kept cutting it off x_X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I fixed it! it wouldn't let me post the word "derriere" with the ' over the e as it should be, and kept cutting it off x_X

Poor Zheii. :(
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Poor Zheii. :(

ikr?! Q.Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options

Yea that drives me nuts too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It has nothing to do with the points people have and everything with how they are being awarded lately. Let's say for example, there is a post in the BM section about HF and a person posts "Sweetiebot give xx points to xx user for being cool." without xx user even posting anything. That's spam plain and simple and points will be removed because of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
    edited March 2013
    Options
    They should make SweetieBot ignore a whole server, like ''SweetieBot, ignore Harshlands''. That would be fun. b:laugh

I have a question though, if someone get ignored by SweetieBot, is it just for the karma points or for everything? Cause if they want to make me unable to vote karma idc, but wouldn't be fair that I cannot use any other ''services'' she can offer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    Options
    As I said, I didn't have a problem with you getting loads of points. If I were moderating it, I'd've silenced Bella and not you, as you stated. Also, as Zsw said, the system is not well-thought out and is certainly lacking in a rigorous structure; but, it's a fledgling system with no real stated purpose for the moment. Again, as I said previously, I cannot speak for Ast, but I am fairly certain the slate would we wiped clean if and when a reward system was put in place.

I would hope so.

Likewise, I don't really care. I'm only speaking up because if we're to ASSUME that the current system is how it's gonna be, then I -BASICALLY- see a bunch of people saying they're gonna take a trip to Japan while flying towards Antartica; I speak up because yeah, I DO hope that if this system is to amount to anything, the people in charge are aware of it's blatant flaws. Don't know why my involvement was removed and not hers, don't know WHY IN THE HELL mods have the right to literally undo everything in two seconds flat, don't know why anyone's surprised if this devolves into a popularity contest if it -literally- lists no purpose whatsoever.

Having said that, I'm going to say that I'm too OP for this popularity contest. b:cool And if you re-add my rights to partake in it? Promise you you'll still see me at the top, with or without Bella's involvement.

Yep, I'm that OP. b:cool
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited March 2013
    Options

SweetieBot give 5 points to Zanryu - Dreamweaver for be nice and fix Zheii post's color. =3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It has nothing to do with the points people have and everything with how they are being awarded lately. Let's say for example, there is a post in the BM section about HF and a person posts "Sweetiebot give xx points to xx user for being cool." without xx user even posting anything. That's spam plain and simple and points will be removed because of it.

Ok, but I literally have about 80 points from today alone cuz birthday, aswell as a couple from telling it like it is about Harshlands PK. :U

And also I kinda have to say "lol you gotta be kidding me" if you truly think Bella's the only one who would award me karma. I mean take a look at Harshlands forum now, take a look at Harshlands last year.

PRETTY SURE I could get a crapton of karma points if I wanted. Just a hunch. b:cool
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Having said that, I'm going to say that I'm too OP for this popularity contest. b:cool And if you re-add my rights to partake in it? Promise you you'll still see me at the top, with or without Bella's involvement.

You still can partake. You merely cannot award points to anyone else. I could award you points if I were so inclined to do so, and the bot wasn't taking ages to process points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I like cake.
This discussion has been closed.