Sweet Sweet Karma!

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Sleeping is for the.... *sleeps*

~_~

This is what I mean by funny word cloud.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    SweetieBot take 1 point away from Decus - Dreamweaver for blowing my mind xD.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    SweetieBot take 1 point away from Decus - Dreamweaver for blowing my mind xD.
    Krisnda removes 1 point from Decus - Dreamweaver!
    Decus - Dreamweaver now has a total of 57 points and is in 7th place.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ~_~

This is what I mean by funny word cloud.

Looks like that should be on the wall of a demented chiropractor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The problem with word clouds is that its really hard to predict how big things are going to be when you first start. Like you put the first word at a certain size but the next hundred words are the same size so it gets really big. Or the next hundred words get tiny really fast and its too small. Also there is an issue of whether the length of a word should effect the font size. Should a frequent word use a smaller font just because it's longer? The original version of the word cloud code I found had some font-scaling stuff at the end to try to normalize the size but it was really glitchy and kept causing word intersections so I had to remove it.

I had to add a lot of custom scaling effects but it is just not aesthetically pleasing for all word distributions.
    I want something that looks like this:
    reportr-word-cloud1.jpg
    rec_word_cloud.png160-challenge-word-cloud-raw.png

There are just so many values you have to tinker with to get nice results like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • krisnda
    edited March 2013
    I get you, it does look cool though.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Excuse me good sir, it would appear you have no idea who the **** you are messing with. b:cool

Sweetiebot remove 10 points from oVenusArmanio for messing with the God Damn Longknife. And on his birthday at that!

I removed the points before your birthday. :3 And we apparently share the same birthday. o.o Sorry, I did not see this yesterday but I was out until 3am after my friends kidnapped me.

Sweetiebot, award 10 points to Longknife for having the same birthday as me.
    I think you're missing the point... "Points" Have no meaning o.o, it's not a contest, it is just a bit of fun, think of it as "likes" or "+1's" A contest has a reward, this doesn't. o.o
    You randomly spamming points for no real reason other than you seem to have some sort of weird fetish for Longknife just takes the fun out of getting points for doing something clever and "earning" them.

Pretty much this. Yea, they can be rewarded for pretty much anything. But spamming is against forum rules, so I didn't think it was appropriate for them to be awarded as spam in random other threads that had longknife had never commented in. If you want to reward him for a post, say so in the thread that he did it in. That way it's not just random longknife spam in thread that doesn't belong.
    They should make SweetieBot ignore a whole server, like ''SweetieBot, ignore Harshlands''. That would be fun. b:laugh

I have a question though, if someone get ignored by SweetieBot, is it just for the karma points or for everything? Cause if they want to make me unable to vote karma idc, but wouldn't be fair that I cannot use any other ''services'' she can offer.

I didn't ignore you because i wasn't sure if there was a way to just limit your ability to remove karma (and nothing else) for a few days, and besides it wasn't just you. I know Longknife is a popular poster and didn't get all the points only as spam, so I just took half the points. IT wasn't such a large amount he couldn't get them back right away anyway.

I personally don't care much about the points, just as long as they aren't rewarded in such a way that ruins them entirely and breaks forum rules to boot. If we ever did use it as a reward system for in-game, which there aren't any current plans to do so that i'm aware of, then they would be definitely be reset.

I hope that clears things up.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Haven't read through whatever I missed, so if it's already been suggested then oh well.

But...

That could be a neat feature, setting it so that SweetieBot can ignore someone for a certain duration of time, from one hour to one week. That way there's more options than just ignoring a certain user indefinitely.
    edited March 2013
    Haven't read through whatever I missed, so if it's already been suggested then oh well.

But...

That could be a neat feature, setting it so that SweetieBot can ignore someone for a certain duration of time, from one hour to one week. That way there's more options than just ignoring a certain user indefinitely.

Sounds good. I'll add this eventually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    SweetieBot, please award Zanryu - Dreamweaver 3 points for suggesting a neato feature. >:(
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    SweetieBot, please award Zanryu - Dreamweaver 3 points for suggesting a neato feature. >:(
    Decus - Dreamweaver awards 3 points to Zanryu - Dreamweaver!
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver now has a total of 21 points and is in 13th place.
    Decus - Dreamweaver can still award another 27 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• //\//iko - Dreamweaver24
    //\//iko - Dreamweaver24 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hmm so how does this work exactly?

*Edit* why is it everytime i log on the site and go to the forums it resets my posts/ thread grace period
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013

That was extremely difficult for you, wasn't it?
    edited March 2013
    hmm so how does this work exactly?

*Edit* why is it everytime i log on the site and go to the forums it resets my posts/ thread grace period

It's a forum bug due to having "/\" in your name.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18725201&postcount=170
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    It's a forum bug due to having "/\" in your name.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18725201&postcount=170

ty, lol

kinda sucks seeing that i should be up over 1k posts but meh
    edited March 2013
    ill just use my other account to troll forums on
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    That was extremely difficult for you, wasn't it?

You haven't the slightest idea how much effort that took. b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Sweetiebot award 10 points to v4liance, genotypist, and DefenderofDreams for the quality corner.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited April 2013
    Sweetiebot award 10 points to v4liance, genotypist, and DefenderofDreams for the quality corner.
    oVenusArmanio awards 10 points to v4liance!
    v4liance now has a total of 156 points and is in 2nd place.
    oVenusArmanio awards 10 points to genotypist!
    genotypist now has a total of 10 points and is in 50th place.
    oVenusArmanio awards 10 points to DefenderofDreams!
    DefenderofDreams now has a total of 11 points and is in 31st place.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2013
    The list is getting a bit long...
    I think I should break it up into a monthly list and an all-time list?

Wouldn't that just make it longer... <_<

Should we have a reset?
    Maybe it's not so long... the top forum poster list is 200+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    A reset sounds fine with maybe an all-time highest and (second) lowest.

And we keep Zanryu's BM at that score all the time just because. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It would be impressive for him to ever work his way out of that hole, i think that's why he's stopped posting from his bm though f:hehe
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    The list is getting a bit long...
    I think I should break it up into a monthly list and an all-time list?

Wouldn't that just make it longer... <_<

Should we have a reset?
    Maybe it's not so long... the top forum poster list is 200+.

Record the Top/Lowest 5 or 10 or whatever, then reset. Keep track of the top ones in a smaller All-Time list? Idk. Just keep Zan as lowest ever in the history of SweetieBot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited April 2013
    Maybe top 100 instead of 200?
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    N'awwwww.
    Just pester Hey, You! to make Karma appear under our post count and don't even bother with a list f:money
    x3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited April 2013
    N'awwwww.
    Just pester Hey, You! to make Karma appear under our post count and don't even bother with a list f:money
    x3

^ this idea.... f:victory
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ^ this idea.... f:victory
    You know that idea actually popped into my head like... day one of karma and I'm surprised the next time it came up was also me mentioning it x-x
    f:confused

It would be impressive for him to ever work his way out of that hole, i think that's why he's stopped posting from his bm though f:hehe
    Haha no, he stopped posting because he wanted to stay at 999 posts. Well until he accidentally posts as his bmy again in probabily-not-to-long-a-time. Kinda like when he stopped posting at 4444 on his cleric for a lil' while. It was an inside-joke that his karma was that low, aha~.

"Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited April 2013
    SweetieBot give Veneir - Dreamweaver 10 points for having a good idea :3
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited April 2013
    SweetieBot give Veneir - Dreamweaver 10 points for having a good idea :3
    Krisnda awards 10 points to Veneir - Dreamweaver!
    Veneir - Dreamweaver now has a total of 85 points and is in 6th place.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Could you have sweetiebot maintain a googledoc or something so that she could just have a link there? Anyone who wants to see their karma is already going out of their way to do it, clicking an extra link wouldn't be the end of the world.

Also, could karma be included in analyze me?
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
This discussion has been closed.