DQ Items worthless

Comments

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The higher-ups should be afraid about the 'final straw' phenomenon happening. I am sure it will happen someday and take them all by surprise, while it has been built up for a long while, like an avalanche. *shrugs*

Yes, bound to happen. At least with other games, there is a game over, people tend to move on after they have played it out. PWI, MMO's seem to lack that feature, naturally that requires catering for players, but such radical thinking will get us smitten by the powers to be b:chuckle.

NW is a toss up for laying the ground work, dq rewards are not helping the cause, probably in a few new content updates, it might happen. Until that time, i enjoy pwi.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, bound to happen. At least with other games, there is a game over, people tend to move on after they have played it out. PWI, MMO's seem to lack that feature, naturally that requires catering for players, but such radical thinking will get us smitten by the powers to be b:chuckle.

NW is a toss up for laying the ground work, dq rewards are not helping the cause, probably in a few new content updates, it might happen. Until that time, i enjoy pwi.

I'll just observe from the sidelines. There is no need to be angered by this.
    Besides, showing too much passion for something is a dangerous thing. Once you get disappointed by the slightest event, chances are you'll end in sheer depression/frustration (depending on your temperament).

Anyway, I think I am done ranting on this thread.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Ximo - Dreamweaver
    Ximo - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Anyone in the Know could of answered these, not just Val, since it was stated as:

We know you're unhappy with this change, and I'm going to be looking into it.
    Yes no argument and thank you

We'll be speaking with the developers to get more information on the DQ item price decrease.
    This seems more to find out what happened, more information on it, so
    Did Devs know it came in the update. Can answer that once get response.

This is only to find out about the change not why or how it is to be fixed. That would have to come after the determination that it was input, on purpose or by accident.

I'm really sorry about surprising you guys like this, and I'll do my best to keep you better informed in the future.
    This is the part that, and sorry V if you have a leash on but, happens a lot by all customer service departments. ........do my best to keep you better informed in the future..........

So a response after 2+ weeks, with weekends holidays etc., is not ridiculous to expect when your customer base is so large and "Was it intended to be included or not" is what Val said he would be checking up on,,,,.

Give us the "keep you better informed in the future"
  • Fussible - Heavens Tear
    Fussible - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i just made a new barb. it sucks. change it back.
  • Ximo - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    Another patch day come and gone

71 and below are still 1 coin
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    Another patch day come and gone

71 and below are still 1 coin

Just be patient some more... I really did not expect any changes that soon, though it would have been wonderful.
    You'd see a triumphant thread by V4 otherwise, anyway (no, it's not sarcasm, people! b:laugh).

How long it will take time for the issue to be considered (if it ever is)? Who knows.
    Will it be worth it? Sure, if it's repaired.

One like me can only from now on, wait and hope for the best.
  • Poketamer - Dreamweaver
    Poketamer - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi I'm a new player, I used to play PW two years ago but I never get past to the lv60 because I was unable to find players for help me to complete the instances in that time, since I'm from another country our hours diverge.

If the problem was nerf only lv21~31 DQ itens that's understandable, since we stay in those levels for a short time, but nerf all the DQ itens until lv81 It's dumb, It make me wonder if the PW company really understand about the game that they are selling to us. I started my toon yesterday and I don't saw anyone near City of the Lost, anyone I'm serious, not even those people that usually gather matts. I am with a stock of 20 of every kind of herbs because theres no competition.

I don't want to level another toon for suffer the same problems that I got in the past, that was be unable to farm for my itens due of the lack of the players for run the instances, most of the low level toons are alt-Sins, that are fuelled by their lv100 main, theres no room for a player like me anymore.

I saw the skill updates and decided to give PWI another shot, I spoke with some friends and I think that we can make a 8~10 player guild for everyone help each other, but I doubt that they will want to leave their main acc in the other server to come here. PWI used to be the top quality server, the server that all the other ones was inspired to be, but look for what we have now, a server created for bots, they should make rules for the players, not the bots, the bots you simple BAN THEM, Isn't hard to do since USA have strong laws for internet, different of my country, let those people run free It's enforce a bad education for them.

Perfect World should be a P2P game, since everything here require cash, stop to lie for us, the players, saying that we can get everything by hard work.

And I miss the days that the companies had balls to do something like this:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2009/11/23/ncsoft-bans-16-000-****-accounts/

And like some of the players said, they aren't testing the game before of update, so there's no good PWI and bad China, PWI are to blame here too.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    Hi I'm a new player, I used to play PW two years ago but I never get past to the lv60 because I was unable to find players for help me to complete the instances in that time, since I'm from another country our hours diverge.

If the problem was nerf only lv21~31 DQ itens that's understandable, since we stay in those levels for a short time, but nerf all the DQ itens until lv81 It's dumb, It make me wonder if the PW company really understand about the game that they are selling to us. I started my toon yesterday and I don't saw anyone near City of the Lost, anyone I'm serious, not even those people that usually gather matts. I am with a stock of 20 of every kind of herbs because theres no competition.

I don't want to level another toon for suffer the same problems that I got in the past, that was be unable to farm for my itens due of the lack of the players for run the instances, most of the low level toons are alt-Sins, that are fuelled by their lv100 main, theres no room for a player like me anymore.

I saw the skill updates and decided to give PWI another shot, I spoke with some friends and I think that we can make a 8~10 player guild for everyone help each other, but I doubt that they will want to leave their main acc in the other server to come here. PWI used to be the top quality server, the server that all the other ones was inspired to be, but look for what we have now, a server created for bots, they should make rules for the players, not the bots, the bots you simple BAN THEM, Isn't hard to do since USA have strong laws for internet, different of my country, let those people run free It's enforce a bad education for them.

Perfect World should be a P2P game, since everything here require cash, stop to lie for us, the players, saying that we can get everything by hard work.

And I miss the days that the companies had balls to do something like this:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2009/11/23/ncsoft-bans-16-000-****-accounts/

And like some of the players said, they aren't testing the game before of update, so there's no good PWI and bad China, PWI are to blame here too.

It's true that the herb market is a bit dead now, given all of the yuanxiaos available in game. Even apothecary remedies are not that used anymore, so I have loads of low and mid herbs but also nectars.
    Pig iron seems to be the best deal right now when it comes to lowest materials.

Low materials are still in demand in HT... Especially carbon steel, coal and items from monsters like concentrated glue, silk thread and purified oil. It has become my main source of coins now.

It's good to have a little group of friends to advance. It will motivate you to keep going on and you can relax and talk when doing nothing important.

As for those who desire to cap super fast and don't respect in-game rules, I don't bother myself about them. Heck, I even stopped reporting the evildoers.
    But you know, there is a recent thread around talking about people that got powerleveled (and a good chunk of them used that special glitch to get around) who are not even able to play their class properly because they reached lv 100+ without effort... and messing up instance squads and factions because of it.
    I once again say it's just desserts for them (and I openly did state that there). b:sin
  • Fussible - Heavens Tear
    Fussible - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ...f anything, the prices should have been raised.
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post an update on this issue.

Right now, I'm still working with the PWI Team and the devs to come up with a good solution to this problem.

I wish I could promise a quick and clean solution or a reversal of the change, but I can't promise what will happen anytime soon.

Still, this is a high priority for me - anything that hurts our players is cause for serious concern - and I'm fighting to fix this as quickly as I can.

Again, I am sorry for this frustrating situation, but please know that this hasn't been forgotten.

I'll try to keep you guys updated on any progress I make.

- Val
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    v4liance wrote: »
    please know that this hasn't been forgotten.

- Val

Thanks!

That'll calm the non-belivers... b:chuckle
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    These would have been good to pay for my crazy stone..
  • booker224
    booker224 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Have you noticed that the drop rate is much lower as well on junk gear and other stuff that could turn into coin?
    Its easy for a new player to get coin. Grind mats, manufacture, sell. Or Decompose and sell the stones they give ;) Another option is to farm herbs, make life powders and those mp pots and sell.
    I agree that the whole dq stuff is a downer but there are other ways to make coin without having to charge gold. Just takes more time.
    And sell to whom? If all the lowbies are making lowbie stuff and can't get coin from drops.. who are they going to sell to, the level 100's+??? DQ drops is/was 95% of the player economy.
    Hey everyone,

We know you're unhappy with this change, and I'm going to be looking into it.
    We'll be speaking with the developers to get more information on the DQ item price decrease.
    I'm really sorry about surprising you guys like this, and I'll do my best to keep you better informed in the future.
    - Val

Val... I will applaud you in advance of any reply you might get from "Looking into this". The effort is appreciated, however, I can tell you what the outcome is going to be. It is the same reasoning behind Head Office ignoring players, having their devs break things with disregard to the player community specially outside of China.

If you think PWI gives a damn about any of us, think again. The following is a quote from a Stock Watch Group. you can read the whole article here: http://seekingalpha.com/article/1033541-here-s-why-we-think-perfect-world-is-worth-16?source=marketwatch

It will answer your questions as to why they don't care. The whole article is fairly short.
    Perfect World has a current market capitalization of close to $515 million and net cash balance of $399 million. This implies that the market values its entire business at $116 million, which is just slightly above what the company reported in its Q3 2012 earnings. (Read our earnings article: "Perfect World Banks On New Games To Drive Revenue Growth.") November 28, 2012
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    Dear V4,

I just hope you and the GMs will show the devs that we, the players of PWI, are not an afterthought and that this kind of issue will not happen again. They need to acknowledge us as a legitimate part of their playerbase and their revenues. They have to treat us fairly, separate to what they see about the community of their version (I mean by that that if they see PWI -a Free to Play game, right?- as full of bots, they are gravely mistaken).

I will also paste verbatim what I posted in my own thread (about the DQ system page being unstable):
    "I have to say that I am not very positive on this. Such mess-ups will happen again and again, with us as the recipients of the trolling."
    (Yes, that's my feeling on the issue and I am certain I am not alone having this impression).

If only you could tell us if it's going on a favorable way or not... but I believe it's impossible.

Anyway, do your best. People have placed big expectations on you.

Thanks.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    booker224 wrote: »
    Have you noticed that the drop rate is much lower as well on junk gear and other stuff that could turn into coin?

I still get loads of crappy weps, forever and a day pet food, too many "medium health potions" and a bajillion of the now worthless <DQ81. All of which only add up..(if I feel like farming that long) to about 40k.
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    booker224 wrote: »

I've been playing low-level chars almost exclusively for over a year, and this is
    my experience: when I first go into an area to start killing mobs for a quest, the
    first several I kill will drop several items (mats, coin & gear). But the more
    mobs I kill, the less drops there are.

For example, just this past week I started a new cleric and was doing a quest
    killing mobs that dropped cotton thread. I got about 10 cottons threads with the
    first dozen or so kills. So I continue to kill even though I already have enough
    mobs for the quest, just to get more cotton to up my manufacturing skills.
    But the more I kill, the less frequently anything drops.

I noticed this several months ago but thought it was just bad luck. But seeing
    the same trend for over a year now, I'm beginning to think it's a mechanism
    built into the game.
  • Ximo - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the followup, .

Gotta say that all the options to make cash take up way to much time just to be able to PLAY A GAME. It may be ok for someone who is bored, has a high level toon or other things they can do when stop leveling. But as a low level I am the one who turns on PS. I come back later and no, its not there, FUN?

August zapped dq's November zapped more dq's so is January to be the zap of all of em?

August, to have people use them as where intended. (all kinds of rant on that, didn't do any good back them I see)
    November, because China has it in their version. (will see, see above)

Left Pay to Play games a bit ago to be able to have FUN without constantly dumping cash into something the DEVs had no intention of listening to their customers about. Now a FTP game is wanting me to Pay to Play? And DEV/CS is controlled by China, ??? So who do you think will end up gettin the cash, if we do play a GAME to Have FUN?

Just let them know that it won't be NEW players comin in to help fill up the Cash Shop.

Remember that the draw to free to play games is that it requires no monthly fees. No cash from the DQ seems to now require using the cash shop.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    To Ximo:

In fact it is not ok for me to be bored and stop leveling, since I majorly lost interest in grinding outside of 2x on my characters (most of them being in the 6x range).

I am not dependent of the cash shop since I am not a boutique items buyer. I am not using in-game gold either and I had to do it that way, given the crazy rate we got nowadays.

As for new players, I knew for a while that they would feel excluded instantly (gold rate, nerfed DQs, long-time players being in the 100x (via legitimate ways or not), etc.
    For them to gain in-game coins fast would mean invest in lots of "zen" aka real money.

I am glad I joined the game about four years ago.

To tell you the truth, I still feel I don't need to use the cash shop options to get fast coins. It is because first I have accumulated a nice amount of coins per characters during the years. I harvest a bit and sell to merchants too.
    Secondly, I don't buy boutique items even by coins and I got lots of saved equipment for my alts and mains. I don't aim for r9 either.
  • zetsuboi
    zetsuboi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    where you need dq items or cash shop(gold) because we got nw now? :D

no but really. it made me quite sad when i started veno some days ago and i picked up dq's and they were 1coin. also all those items that were really good income many years ago (buddhas hand) and other fancy low lvl stuff that gave good money theyre all 1 coin also :)

give or take. at the moment only way lower level people get money is to farm herbs/mats or get lucky item drops and sell them.

oh wait? nobody really buys low level mats and herbs much... so basicly you can only make money once u reach like 50-70lvl and can start gathering mats and herbs around that level.. u might get some money from that but even then those arent really pricy also still not so many ppl buy them..

ppl mostly buy high lvl mats for subs and wines n stuff. high level herbs.. oh wait forgot.. leather and so on are good :) so.. when you reach something around 50-60lvl. you can start farming compound oil. leather and other stuff. problem fixed. just farm those mats :P easily 15-20k each.

should get 50-60lvl quite easily by doing quests since that sirens of war patch boosted them. still would be good if dq's were worth something. i can say that lowbies actually get some million coins by just selling dq's from 1-50lvl. at the moment its not so new player friendly. they might end up quitting because its quite impossible to get money lower levels without dq and all *decent* gears are so expensive as alot stuff price go up all the time.

old times you could farm and quest from 1-60lvl and then somehow use up all ur coins to get tt60 set or so.. now if you leveled from 1-60 normal ways. you could maybe barely buy 1 tt60 item. also i remember dq items helped ALOT at lower levels years ago when i started. how do lowbies get money for potions and such now? even when dq's were worth quite alot before they got nerfed and now nerfed again to 1coin.. all money on lowbie did go quite like from hand to mouth. all you got. gone on repairs and potions and for upgrading items. (thought on otherhand u get small charms on quests these days and depends on class really. ranged classes got it easier but melee classes have quite big repair/potion expenses.)

hope you get it fixed soon :P
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post an update on this issue.

Right now, I'm still working with the PWI Team and the devs to come up with a good solution to this problem.

I wish I could promise a quick and clean solution or a reversal of the change, but I can't promise what will happen anytime soon.

Still, this is a high priority for me - anything that hurts our players is cause for serious concern - and I'm fighting to fix this as quickly as I can.

Again, I am sorry for this frustrating situation, but please know that this hasn't been forgotten.

- Val

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I do have to say though, the only solution here is to revert the DQ back to normal price for our game version. Dragon points won't fix things this time. And there is absolutely *no* reason why they shouldn't revert it - we do not have the same problems in our version of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    a new player cannot make enough coin to level their skills unless you have a higher alt with coins or use a credit card. enough said.... new players will not ever stay unless they have $$$$$$$$
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    condo2009 wrote: »
    a new player cannot make enough coin to level their skills unless you have a higher alt with coins or use a credit card. enough said.... new players will not ever stay unless they have $$$$$$$$

That's not really true. Even before the DQ nerf spirit was always the problem at lower levels. Coin only starts becoming an issue at around 80+ when you start maxing out skills, getting sage/demon stuff, and catching up on the skills you had to ignore earlier.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • condo2009
    edited December 2012
    OPKossy wrote: »
    That's not really true. Even before the DQ nerf spirit was always the problem at lower levels. Coin only starts becoming an issue at around 80+ when you start maxing out skills, getting sage/demon stuff, and catching up on the skills you had to ignore earlier.

if I started a new toon now with no credit card or alt to suck off of, by level 45 you cannot skill any more. make one and find out.
  • booker224
    booker224 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Have you played and levelled a character recently? With the way quests are set up, you level so dang fast from 1 to 50 it's scary. It is impossible to complete all the quests on any given level before your onto the next level and set of quests.

You can delevel back to 0 a few times to get them all in and have good spirit points for skills, coin is an issue right from the getgo. If you level your skills you run out pretty fast. Plus don;t forget, even with Healing and Mana goodies, depending on class you still have to buy from the NPC or turn to the cash shop.

Then there's gear repairs or buying gear/weapons. So it's more true than not.
  • roriomaka
    roriomaka Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    my archer is a main and i cant even afford my freakin arrows anymore. wth pwib:surrender
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Really? Coins were never an issue for me at all, I had a highest char at 92 (sage)... I have all the sage books for two chars too.

@Booker, buying potions from NPCs? Nonononono.... You're doing that way wrong, paying for potions from NPC are completely bad.
  • condo2009
    edited December 2012
    mm2000 wrote: »
    Really? Coins were never an issue for me at all, I had a highest char at 92 (sage)... I have all the sage books for two chars too.

@Booker, buying potions from NPCs? Nonononono.... You're doing that way wrong, paying for potions from NPC are completely bad.

"were" is the big word, try doing it now with no credit card and no one to buy your mats! you can't
  • Agnija - Momaganon
    Agnija - Momaganon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    coin is huge problem for low lvls. i could make more coin if i could farm crafting mats but its impossible, im running around with 11 free inventory spots free, was time when i had to farm dqs to make bank bigger cuz i had only 3 inv spots free. new daily with wordcards takes 8 bank spots, all the gems and random craps from stashboxes, tons of pots *thanks to free daily charms* takes tons of places and all other random **** that will be useful in later levels. at lvl 49 im flying around with 3k in pocket and 390k spirit. cant afford even a cupboard stone. was trying to sell dq20 and 31 items in ah for some coin but got all of them thanks to dead server. and people who havent made new chars now shouldnt even comment lol. i remember how easy it was to grind for 1h on lvl 20 turtles to buy bank or inv row when servers opened, now i dont know wth i can do to get even one cupboard stone. kinda regret making cleric, veno atleast could make some kinda coin of solo tt at lvl 63
  • condo2009
    edited December 2012
    bumped
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Yeah - that's just not true any more.

Gave my mini cleric alt a million coins.
    Up until level 35 or so; sure - spirit was the limit.

Hit level 50? And completely out of coins. No expenditure other than repairs and skills.
    Admittedly; part of that is the seasonal quest and the BH and divines give crappy coin reward compared to their XP.

But mainly it's just pure lack of coin. And this was during 2x!

(Side note: Levelling 0-50 is WAY TOO FAST. I shouldn't be saying "Ok, I've got an evening - time to snag another 10 levels" - but I sure as heck was. No cheating with frost; just playing the game.)
This discussion has been closed.