DQ Items worthless

Comments

• misschoo
    misschoo Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    danaya123 wrote: »
    Its been 2 weeks and we still waiting for an answerb:surrender

Yes,a simple answer. You should already know by now.
    Is this going to stay like this or its gona get fixed(this year hopefully)b:sad

How about the 81/91 and the last dq items? Are they going to be lowered to 1 coin too on next big update?

Doubt if it will change. PWI's free-to-play model depends on the Boutique and a constant flow of Zen buying for its revenue stream. To drive players towards putting real-life money into the game PWI has eliminated the principal coin-making resource for low and mid-level players.

I don't begrudge PWI for trying to realize a profit, it is a business after all. I don't care for devaluation of DQ items, but if it's a component of the company's long-term strategy to eliminate items from the Cash Shop that give big-spending players a decided advantage over other players I can accept it. On the otherhand, if it's not a part of such an overall strategy, then the developers ought to have hot grease shot up their collective azzes for shear greed.
  • Xestria - Dreamweaver
    Xestria - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    danaya123 wrote: »
    Its been 2 weeks and we still waiting for an answerb:surrender

Yes,a simple answer. You should already know by now.
    Is this going to stay like this or its gona get fixed(this year hopefully)b:sad

How about the 81/91 and the last dq items? Are they going to be lowered to 1 coin too on next big update?

This right here is it, and all the rage and ranting along with it that comes from the 14th until now the 29th.

Maintenance has come and gone, twice, and as the lower DQ 1 coin issue saw, they as these are still 1 coin.

In favor or not, other ways to do things or not, the issue is ARE THE DQ PRICES OF 1 COIN GOING TO BE CORRECTED OR NOT?

Others have stated that it is already a given or known fact, but we all want an answer one way or the other.

Page 6 of the current 31 back on the 14th
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We know you're unhappy with this change, and I'm going to be looking into it.

We'll be speaking with the developers to get more information on the DQ item price decrease.

I'm really sorry about surprising you guys like this, and I'll do my best to keep you better informed in the future.

- Val
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    "We will ask China to look at this"
    Means: "We shouted into a deep hole; and the echo came back in a different language."

Nothing will be fixed. Even horns are here to stay, for good; despite the efforts of PWI to get rid of them.
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't really mind selling them for 1 coin; but selling for 1coin + not getting an DQ points - that is really annoying.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't really mind selling them for 1 coin; but selling for 1coin + not getting an DQ points - that is really annoying.

Check it week later, I got data about gathered DQ points for 25/11/12 today only.
  • xendark
    xendark Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yeah yesterday i sold 200DQ item and i didn't get the point. b:cryb:surrenderb:worried
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Yeah; it's running 4 or 5 days slow right now.
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Check it week later, I got data about gathered DQ points for 25/11/12 today only.

Did you get all of them?

I've checked my list - says I sold 5 items on the 26th.

I was selling 5-10 of each type every time I finished a quest. Five items in total? That's about as accurate as the government's budget.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Did you get all of them?

I've checked my list - says I sold 5 items on the 26th.

I was selling 5-10 of each type every time I finished a quest. Five items in total? That's about as accurate as the government's budget.

My old DQ counter was at 11k DQ points. After week long update I have 25k DQ points (14k per one day). May be all, but in any case at this weekend I will try to gather more.
  • patik1099
    patik1099 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    george soros and the rothschild emperors are running the game, like irl ya idiots,that or the inbred devs are in bed withem. i want you guys to wake up and go read the obama vid on youtube,the one that gets like 12 million views and read alot of the comments so u know whats going on in the world irl. this is why the game is catering to cash shoppers,cause they want you zombies to wake up cause the the economy in the real world is under attack by glbal pirate banksters and radical arabs and inbred devs
  • kallina077
    kallina077 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I find it hard to understand the logic really. you would think they would make things easy to start and get tougher at high levels when you are committed to the game, who is gonna put money into the game for a L23 char?
    I heard many people complain that servers are Laggy cos so many people online. Maybe this is the soloution.
    I have to say I levelled a char from 27 to 60 much easier than before the update but i havent had as much fun doing it. Realm of reflection is nice for levelling but you dont learn much there. There is no point crafting stuff before l60 by which time its better to buy gear. my day is usually school teacher crazy stones BH then divine then if lucky do a few other quests which are easy cos the mobs are L40 and i am now L62. cash in and jump 2 levels then park in the realm for 4 hours and up 50% ready for tomorrow.
    get the rank armour as and when you can and no need really to participate in the rest of what the game has to offer.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    In a few weeks, this thread will be moved to the lower depths.

End.

What did you expect, really? Read my sig, it explains everything.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Xestria - Dreamweaver
    Xestria - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just gonna wait till the thread dies and we all go away like wounded sheep again.........
    Seems to happen a lot

November 14th you told us and it is China we wait for? Just fix and move on so we can.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by v4liance View Post
    Hey everyone,

We know you're unhappy with this change, and I'm going to be looking into it.

We'll be speaking with the developers to get more information on the DQ item price decrease.

I'm really sorry about surprising you guys like this, and I'll do my best to keep you better informed in the future.

- Val
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    karmelia wrote: »
    In a few weeks, this thread will be moved to the lower depths.

End.

What did you expect, really? Read my sig, it explains everything.

You want to compare people, fine. But don't just say nothing will happen (even though I know your just being trollish), because there been any changes that have happened since I val came here. But please, tell me all about how this won't be changed.
  • mondrake
    mondrake Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    maybe pwi want make somethink like was in lineage 2 if you buy 100 arows for 100 from npc so can sell to him back fro 10k :)
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    You want to compare people, fine. But don't just say nothing will happen (even though I know your just being trollish), because there been any changes that have happened since I val came here. But please, tell me all about how this won't be changed.

because there was no bot problem when they changed the 21 and 31 dq and they didn't change those back, so they will NOT change these back either and we ALL know that!
  • krisnda
    edited December 2012
    condo2009 wrote: »
    because there was no bot problem when they changed the 21 and 31 dq and they didn't change those back, so they will NOT change these back either and we ALL know that!

Mhmm, ok /scarcasm.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Mhmm, ok /scarcasm.

You shouldn't be sarcastic because he is right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • krisnda
    edited December 2012
    You shouldn't be sarcastic because he is right.

I can when people can't even tell me what Val has done for you to make assumptions. b:chuckle
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well he must have heard SOMETHING back already, surely. Been over 2 weeks now and you are telling me PW China hasn't responded to his communication to them regarding this? Even if it was in the negative, like "no, we will not be reinstating the prices on the DQ items", at least we would have an answer. Even if they hadn't answered back at all, at least he could give us a status update. That is all i ask of someone in his position. Started off very promising, and is slowly going the same way Frankie did.
  • misschoo
    misschoo Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Contentiousness is not my aim, but I've got to wonder about the wisdom of foisting cookie-cutter solutions on vastly different player populations.

Fundamental game changes that play well in China often don't do so well in Western cultures. And I presume (giving PWE benefit of the doubt) the DQ drop prices were altered to dissuade would be botters and farming syndicates; nothwithstanding, this being no particular problem on the US servers.

I'd be very surprised if DQ drop prices are hard coded; rather, I'd presume they're alterable on an administrator's dashboard, similar to Boutique items and drop rates. So, I've got to ask is PWE asleep at the switch? Dead from the neck up? Are they so dim-witted they cannot determine from past experience what will play well in their Western markets and what will not? Or is this just another, if trivial, bit of fallout from rampant nepotism and mismanagement at the corporate office?

Several weeks have passed since the question about DQ drop rates was initially posed. I think if PWE cares in the least about its player base they will provide a response concerning long-term disposition.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can when people can't even tell me what Val has done for you to make assumptions. b:chuckle

Refresh my memory what has been done besides making the Ini thing legal?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am not saying Krisnda would have said something wrong but isn't useless sarcasm/mocking bit unnecessary from a moderator?
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2012

All he has done is allow secret passage to be a pvp instance and ini edits b:avoid
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Well he must have heard SOMETHING back already, surely. Been over 2 weeks now and you are telling me PW China hasn't responded to his communication to them regarding this? Even if it was in the negative, like "no, we will not be reinstating the prices on the DQ items", at least we would have an answer. Even if they hadn't answered back at all, at least he could give us a status update. That is all i ask of someone in his position. Started off very promising, and is slowly going the same way Frankie did.

And four days of that was a national holiday in which most people do not have work. Y'all are expecting a completely unreasonable timeline when dealing with possible programming changes in the game that have to come content bundled in a minimum of 4 weeks time. And those 4 weeks are only after they've been decided on to definitely happen. So even that isn't a timeline in which we can look at for a change. I understand how frustrating this is, and how we want the change to happen now. I want the change to happen soon too. But it's just one of those things that can't be fixed quickly. Which sucks but it just the way it is. After all, there is still the matter of the fact that the devs have to be talked to about the issue and they have to make sure the solution they are offering meets the requirements of what China wants it game to be like. Since this is China's game. PWI just publishes it.

All in all you will just have to be patient. I know that's a lot to ask given the past, but this is a new CM. And so it's only fair to give him that chance. Everyone should maybe stop judging people by the actions of completely different people. Because that's just completely unreasonable. Everyone is their own person and it is unfair to assume he'll fail and deride him just because you were not happy with the way Frankie did things. Let him be judged by his own actions or lack thereof, in a reasonable timeline.
    misschoo wrote: »
    Contentiousness is not my aim, but I've got to wonder about the wisdom of foisting cookie-cutter solutions on vastly different player populations.

Fundamental game changes that play well in China often don't do so well in Western cultures. And I presume (giving PWE benefit of the doubt) the DQ drop prices were altered to dissuade would be botters and farming syndicates; nothwithstanding, this being no particular problem on the US servers.

I'd be very surprised if DQ drop prices are hard coded; rather, I'd presume they're alterable on an administrator's dashboard, similar to Boutique items and drop rates.

You'd assume wrong. The DQ prices are something only China can fix, that's why we have the DQ points system in the first place. Because that what happened the last time this happened. And it took much longer than the time v4liance has taken thus far to come about. There is just some things he can't say much about until he has more concrete answers.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey everyone,

Going for a big conflict around here will not solve anything. Once again, I will state I have been tired of changes that went against us and this systematically without any warning.

But nothing has been decided yet, or so it seems. Of course, I also would like to have an update on what is happening now, since what's at stake is quite important... People are fed up with seemingly reassuring discourses without any solutions (empty promises, right?).

I am sure many people could potentially leave since DQs is an important part of non cash-shopper coin source (merchanting and material-farming do not do/solve all, you know?). Don't forget that the people that play without investing real money in the game can take away boutique items or gold from the cashshoppers, with coins of course. They also farm materials to sell to merchants or are merchants themselves.
    Cash-shoppers will be in trouble if no one is there to sell them materials for wines and such...
    Basically, the whole game community structure will break.

I can wait two more weeks or even a month or two. By then, I'll give more time to my PSP games, even if I am sure no one does care.

Basically, I'll just idle a lot once 2x ends, to try to sell materials I have harvested so far. I fear I won't have the intense wish to play anymore if this issue is not properly solved (and I refuse a new system like the DQ points rewards). I strictly refuse to sell my DQs to NPCs for one crappy coin... What is worse, the DQ rewards page is unstable... It's a sad state of things.

And then, on a more personal level, I know that moderators are asked to defend the official game management and game changes (I remember when MagicHamsta got scolded because he was too honest, it was hilarious and sad at the same time -I miss the silly guy by the way-), but there is no need to lash out on them, they are just doing their part.
    I certainly would not be able to do what they are doing, since I need my freedom of expression when something controversial such as this one occurs. b:surrender

Finally, I just hope PWE China will finally take our playerbase under a more serious, fairer light, since I presume we are just an afterthought for them at times (while the monthly, yearly cash amount that is sent to them must be pretty significant). We need a change.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2012

It's not Val, it's PWI itself, so he is knocking his head against a wall for nothing and in the end, all you mods will get the brunt of things. Happened before and it will happen again!
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    We request; again; that you request that PW-china improves its communications.

If the problem is, yet again, that PW China won't tell you anything - humbly request that in future, they do!
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is it just me or most people QQ, asking for updates are a new batch of players? b:question

Past experience, blessing page takes 1~2 weeks to fix. Blessing glitch took 8~12 months? Goon glitch, there from the start, popular amongst tw nations for a few months before popular on server. Took 2~4 months to fix? Caster glitch, there from start, took 1~3 months to fix? Every time secret passage is changed 1~2 months to fix?

You send a ticket, a useful solution is 1 week to 3 months?

Why in the big bad world, should the dq issue be fixed in a matter of days to a few weeks b:sad ?

It is not a simple matter of switching the yes, there is smexy politics and back door deals b:chuckle, some healthy backstabbing. Once all the intrigue is done, it will be a few months before they come to a decision. Until that time, either save your dq items on alts, npc them for dq points, or sell them to players. I have seen people buying dq items on sanc worth 50k dq points for 5m~18m, that is way better than the prices of old dq items at any level or even current prices. I fail to see the issue, yes collecting 50k might be a chore, but if you get 1~10k worth, people will still buy that.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is it just me or most people QQ, asking for updates are a new batch of players? b:question

Past experience, blessing page takes 1~2 weeks to fix. Blessing glitch took 8~12 months? Goon glitch, there from the start, popular amongst tw nations for a few months before popular on server. Took 2~4 months to fix? Caster glitch, there from start, took 1~3 months to fix? Every time secret passage is changed 1~2 months to fix?

You send a ticket, a useful solution is 1 week to 3 months?

Why in the big bad world, should the dq issue be fixed in a matter of days to a few weeks b:sad ?

It is not a simple matter of switching the yes, there is smexy politics and back door deals b:chuckle, some healthy backstabbing. Once all the intrigue is done, it will be a few months before they come to a decision. Until that time, either save your dq items on alts, npc them for dq points, or sell them to players. I have seen people buying dq items on sanc worth 50k dq points for 5m~18m, that is way better than the prices of old dq items at any level or even current prices. I fail to see the issue, yes collecting 50k might be a chore, but if you get 1~10k worth, people will still buy that.

Healthy backstabbing? It's become too redundant for it to be 'healthy' (even if I understood your sarcasm... I sure don't need tough love. I got plenty of that already).

The higher-ups should be afraid about the 'final straw' phenomenon happening. I am sure it will happen someday and take them all by surprise, while it has been built up for a long while, like an avalanche. *shrugs*
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
This discussion has been closed.