Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game

Comments

• BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can't really comment as, because i live in the UK, i can't go to them ( 4am in the friggin morning i have to get up )
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well, in 1 month maybe ppl will be happy. then they are done with their gear. then they just do PK and PK cause no reason for farming. then boring.....then....... quit.....

LoL there are many ppl still comeback to this game before... cause this is not private server.

GJ GM and the company
  • Swampfoot - Raging Tide
    Swampfoot - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Great fun event! mixing it up with different people you dont always see in TW was a blast. Everyone was having a blast on vent.

Too bad we were all dumped out in north arch afterwards, even those of us who had gone to other cities to enter. It would be great if forges could be placed in each city and allow folks entering from somewhere other than Arch, to return to the city they entered the event from.. the way it happens when you exit TW.

Overall a very positive experience and truly the best fun I've had on pwi in a very long time!

outside of the disconnect issues and lag. they got this one right! Even the rewards were received a lot quicker than promised.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll have to join on this one. I wrote a pretty negative comment on the state of the game today (and I do still stand by much of what I wrote) but after having participated in this event I really think this is a game changer. Finally, those of us who can't afford heavy time/cash investments got a chance to participate in a fun activity and to do so for some very awesome rewards. I understand that a lot of people got upset with the changes this brings about but a) I'm sure that rather sooner than later the balance will shift towards the heavy CSers and no lifers and b) come on, us regular guys were long due some affection from PW.

I've been here for almost four years (I'm one of those missing the anniversary rewards by under a month) and have never seen an expansion with such potential to make things better for the larger part of the player base. And its not like I hated them all (I'm rather fond of the Earthguard expansion even if I don't actually play that race) but I can honestly say I had a LOT of fun, all of the people I know who participated did so as well, and looking forward to this event as a way to progress (instead of spamming the same instance hundreds of times) without having to be ubergeared as a requirement or spending hours forming squads and, not just that, getting to have the fun PvP TW type experience (only better) as the means for achieving our endgame goals, well, it really is a gift.

Great work PW, more work on this direction and improving on this type of content is the way to go. This is something that could really attract new players. b:thanks
  • NYRRAYN - Lost City
    NYRRAYN - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In light of NWs first run and how much of an impact it has made, certainly with NV dieing a very painful death maybe make the NV instance a soloable one, just tweak those bosses for those that cant make NW because of timezone issues etc so they can at least farm raps an cannies if they are short of in game coin? Just a suggestion dont shoot me ok b:surrender, also was wondering how the lower lvls did in NW....
  • ghost4blind
    ghost4blind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The fact that you can make 1 rap and 5 cannies for 10k and 1 token is absolutely ridiculous. All the weeks spent back in the day to farm all of the nirvana stage 1, 2 and finally stage 3 means nothing now. All of that gear is absolutely worthless with current prices. The market is completely ruined. This game is no longer interesting and I hate it.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    @BungaSakura - I really doubt most of us are getting there in a month, as an 8xer I only got 47 medals as reward, which is pretty awesome but not quite half my endgame. The important thing is it will be fun doing it, for years it's been TW that's kept many veterans around, and that's more likley to keep me playing than grinding the same instance for the 900th time. Also, full endgame requires shards and refines and I'm pretty sure the devs will find ways of getting some more high end goals in. If u are there in a month or two, you probably were already pretty close to being done... Or working on your fourth alt...
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yar...good thinkin without thinkin...LINK

I am sorry you guys feel that way. For me this new update just wants me to play this game more. I refined my armour pieces and weapon on all my alts to +7 just to have more fun.

For me nirvana was never my income source. It was a coin sink. Now that it is gone, i can save those coins for shards, and +10, +11 and +12 orbs. Most players are not like me, F2P merchants, i never entered the vana market, so i don't feel the loss of the market. I just appreciate the fact that i can acquire all end game equipment i want at a fraction of previous cost.

I can spend my time enjoying this game with friends. We can finally start doing tm lunar for fun. Is that a bad thing to do? We can start TM aba, seat, eden, brim and get people, alts the robes the want.

Wow, just saw world chat, people are selling canny for 135k to 200k each. They have 200 canny. That is 27m for 2 hours work. Vana may be dead for you guys, but to me the vana market is still alive.
  • velone2
    velone2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I started game with some 'visa help' over 2 years i spent maybe 100 euro.
    I made cleric. Cleric farmed some coin for my baby sin. Than i realized how to make coin in game beside farming, at that time prices was down so i made enough in 2 months to make my sin to 5.0 - simply to farm Nirvana. stage 1 nirvy weapon +10 and some refines for unbuffed 7.8k HP.
    I traded, crafted, farmed for that. I was proud of myself - i know for some of u it might sound funny... but i was very happy I made it.
    To have daily income i made R8 wizzard - just to daily farm casters, i also placed her in corona so she can get tali on 2x - I MADE WIZZY JUST FOR CASTERS!!
    For about few months slowly i was farming raptures when 2x was on, to make that stage 3 daggers. Spent hours in Nirvana. I wanted my sin to be decent geared.
    Now new event came... My raps are worthless. My gear on sin is worthless.
    Now any player for about 100$ can afford gear i was working for about a year.
    There is million + players that feels same way as me.
    Disappointed. Sad. Raged. *****.
    I would understand some changes, but not a change that decrease price by 70%.
    Event at 4-5 am my time.
    I feel exploited. All my plan I made over a year blown up.
    Raged ppl cant even post on facebook PWI site cause some moderators dont want them to:
    Sorry, the application you were using is experiencing a problem. Please try again later.

Fali Fali Fali
    Question is why? So many farmers will leave. Ah maybe server is too busy LOL
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i can't attend on sunday! as it will be monday 12noon my side. b:sad

i propose adding one more on sat 8pm, which will be sunday 12pm noon for me.b:chuckleb:thanks
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    moved to existing topic about this issue. b:thanks

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Hail Overlords! b:chuckle
  • Savor - Lost City
    Savor - Lost City Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    3rd cast r9 by end of January at this rate going from 0 rank 9 to 3rd cast lol So good.
    My main was Susamajii The Lost City Barbarian.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nation Wars was amazing. I was working with people I don't even like, to go against people I love! Brilliant!

It really brings a new aspect to the game. And the rewards? Unbelievable. The gap between cs'ers and no lifers and those who can't afford to drop $1000's and have lives, well...shrunk within minutes. Brilliant.

Keep it the way it is! Well...maybe bind the rewards to the specific account (not character). That may appease the QQ'ers a bit. Not by much b:kiss
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    @BungaSakura - I really doubt most of us are getting there in a month, as an 8xer I only got 47 medals as reward, which is pretty awesome but not quite half my endgame. The important thing is it will be fun doing it, for years it's been TW that's kept many veterans around, and that's more likley to keep me playing than grinding the same instance for the 900th time. Also, full endgame requires shards and refines and I'm pretty sure the devs will find ways of getting some more high end goals in. If u are there in a month or two, you probably were already pretty close to being done... Or working on your fourth alt...

lawl, u see canny and rapt price drop like crazy.... and if ppl dream that there are many new player around. i guess dreaming is just a dream....

if u are 8xer can get that medal then how many medal that lvl 100+ can get that. i guess there will be alot PK and TW around. but beside that is just meh....
  • XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear
    XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh soz, guess that won't happen anymore, gg
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    moved to existing thread about this issue.

• XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear
    XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    now i know why they got exta mods, cuz nirvana is over, why bog down customer service, just get some lackys to handle the qq
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Merged threads about nation wars in general. Guys please try to keep all discussion in one place.

• velone2
    velone2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yea moved, removed thats how u handle the issue
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    velone2 wrote: »
    yea moved, removed thats how u handle the issue

Indeed it is, yet I sense some unwarranted sarcasm?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    . If you guys want to discuss the nirvana market crash, this is the place to do it. Normally, we close threads when people make duplicate threads about the same issues. But for now I'm just trying to keep all the discussions in one place because this expansion has numerous issues people want to discuss. Including servers vs server, dq price nerf, new changes, nirvana market crash, skill rebalancing, and many people can't even get into the game so tech support is posting double time. A whole new client was released by the way. I'm just trying to make sure everyone gets heard and that none of these important issues get bumped to the second page because everyone wants their own thread. I appreciate your guys understanding during this busy time.

b:thanks

Just gonna repost this here. Anyway, it's the weekend atm. So the best thing to do is remain calm. We probably won't get anymore responses about this than we already have until Monday. In the meantime, please make sure you're posting any ideas you may have about to fix this issue too! Anything and anything helps. b:pleased

::passes out cookies to everyone::

edit: Thread renamed at request of OP. Thanks NowitsAwn

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Basically now you can get all your alts g15 gear for free and refine it +5~+7 for free. That is currently good gear for any instance. There may be hardly new players, but this allows people to gear alts and keep interest in the game. There is still money to be made from this instance for quite some time.

1) People will go for g16, r9 3rd cast gear.

2) Tomes will be next on list.

3) New rings, cube neck, cape, r9 ring will be on the list.

All those items will take a few months to a year or to farm for a person. Personally i think this will keep the player base interested. Yes there were some wars where it 10 vs 1 (me). I lived just fine in those tw, you actually get more points in those for personal score. This also teaches people to take a greater interest in their class. For now i can only say good things about this. Once i have acquired all gear, +12'ed it, i might get bored with this. I hope they bring out +13~24 by that time b:shutup.
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    First Nations Wars just ended and i have to say...

TY GMS

Event was enjoyable moving between lands, choosing which to defend/attack and when to bail on a war you know your gonna lose. And having players from different factions help each other instead of killing one another was interesting (never thought i'd have Chinatown bodyguards). And then the rewards b:dirty hooooly **** its actually gonna be possible to farm 3rd cast r9 w/o CSing. Thank you for this event.

i gues people are more mature on LC, in here some people seemed to let me die when i had the flag just because we are in enemy factions b:laugh

would be realy good if we could see the land name when you put mouse over it, this way would be a lot better to coordinate with squad. but the event was great imo
  • Mr_Kinetic - Harshlands
    Mr_Kinetic - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why aren't NW at 2 different times so everyone would have a beter chance attenting it.. I am once again disappointed in organisation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GoddezzOfWAR - Archosaur
    GoddezzOfWAR - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am sickened by what took place today....many peeps have worked YEARS for their goal-BETTER GEARS, and now those people are slapped in the face royally by this war concept.
    *This message approved by The President of the BRING BACK nilnil CAMPAIGN b:victory
  • SLITNOT - Heavens Tear
    SLITNOT - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No issue all good my side lol.

Great event might scam a few more years of my life after that.

The prices look great already seen a few guildies living it up, great end game affect.
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No issue all good my side lol.

Great event might scam a few more years of my life after that.

The prices look great already seen a few guildies living it up, great end game affect.

and when you get your endgame gear which you worked...not-so-hard-for...is it as rewarding? Does that make you want to keep playing....or bored? When you have no squads left to join think back on this
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    and when you get your endgame gear which you worked...not-so-hard-for...is it as rewarding? Does that make you want to keep playing....or bored? When you have no squads left to join think back on this

Some will find themselves bored and quit, some will have fun leveling tons of alts since gearing them is cheap.

Some will have fun in PK, or just NW.

And of course, some who put too much value in virtual possessions will quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quailea
    quailea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    good, *** nirvana and spending all my time there during 2x, boring and repetitive. good riddance to bad rubbish.

I have a g16 5aps sin and BM as well as this character too. I was happy when they made BHaba/sot non-soloable and im happy about this too. I just hope coins stay somewhat in demand for cash shoppers so the gold market doesnt die, and a way for coins to be farmed, for the farmers.

That's just why people are upset though; Nirvy was a farming staple for a huge portion of the server, and now it's worthless. How are we supposed to farm coins? TT?
    If all the BM's and sins who were farming nirvy turned around and started farming TT, there would be a huge influx of TT mats, and the same issue that happened with the nirvy mats would happen again. there's only so many people who need TT gear, and once you have one set you're usually good for 10 levels. and yeah; everyone needs it. But, if there's no new users coming and no way for them to buy it with PWI having recently killed the low level DQ items worth (reducing each item to 1 coin only, when previously they were near 1000.)

Where is your PvE non-cash coin coming in from?