Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game

Comments

• quailea
    quailea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Congrats pwi! you screwed over a large portion of your user base and I for one, don't think I'm coming back. I cash shopped occasionally, and am sick of the constant fixation on cash players only, and never mind anyone who isn't supporting your jobs. Nirvy is now worth nothing, despite the fact it's 2x, and even if you DO reverse this and take them out of the forges; will it matter? there's already hundreds of thousands of extra drops floating around out there, and in my opinion the damage is irreparable.

Since IN game mods seem to be virtually nonexistent, but I've seen forum mods, I decided to post this here. So again, congratulations. Should be proud of yourselves.
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Tell me then when did last time lower lvl players get some useful updates/expansions? This far mostly all updates have been for 90+ lvl players.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Gear your faction mates bro.

One result in the longer term could be better and stronger factions and a resurrection of TW as well. From PWI's point of view I hope their income doesnt change too drastically or they will nerf the nation wars rewards.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello everyone,

I am writing this post to give compliments to the Nation War updates that we just recently implemented. First off, I want to say that I had great fun doing this event and it was a great "welcome back gift" seeing as I just returned to the game recently b:thanks I think that the entire event is extremely well planned and I definitely support the fact that even lesser geared people can receive rewards and it is not limited to just r9s. (A friend of mine with gears that are out dated by 2 years received over 200 tokens).

Secondly, I think the rewards implemented are a great way to even the playing field for Cashers and Non-Cashers alike. My compliments goes especially to the Uncanny and Rapture rewards as they allow people with lesser gears to more easily obtain the higher up G16 gears. Additionally, this also makes R9 recast a lot more reasonable for many people out there. This would eventually make PK a lot more challenging than it is right now and therefore would only further make events, pk, and tw so much more interesting. Now everyone who complain about APS sins in pk could also have a bit of peace of mind too, for APS sins will be taking a lot more damage now with all the new gears.

While I see a lot of people complain about these rewards, I feel that these people are being too pessimistic about things. If instead you look on the bright side, you will see that this serves only to make the PvP aspect of the game a lot more competitive, it will make you a lot more stronger and up to par with others.

One of the major complaints that I seen is that Nirvana would be dead. While that is true that the nirvana market may die, the TT and Warsong market on the other hand, would be more than alive. Meanwhile, I think most people will agree that TT and Warsong is much more challenging than Nirvana, so it really isn't a sad loss. Why would TT and Warsong be alive? Well, you can't make nirvana gears without a TT99 base gear. And you can't make G16 gear without warsong mats. Additionally, there are other markets that are hardly affected, AEU would be one such example. Also, there are multiple ways that the devs/GM can revive nirvana too, if we really want to. Simply increase the drop rate of nirvana so that doing nirvana over 5 days has a greater return than doing nation wars for 2 days. Or, make the uncanny and raptures acquired from the event untradable.

Another complaint that I seem to see is that people who already worked hard for their gears are being neglected. However, we got this complaint when the first packs came out, when r8 got really cheap, when r9 got really cheap, etc etc. And yet we move on. Instead, considering the fact that you already have G16, acquiring r9 through other instances should be more than easy now. If not, could also put in a little bit of Gold and support the game in the process.

Now think about it. You remove Uncanny and Raptures, then WHY would anyone still do this event? R8 or Warsoul when you already have G16 and R9? G16 does more damage than r8 and R9 has better procs than Warsoul. So not only does this help everyone as a whole, but it also provides the main motivation for people to even do this event. Besides, don't you think that in the near future, we will be getting other more fun and teamwork oriented instances (like AEU) to counteract the loss of Nirvana?

If for whatever reasons this kills off all other markets then I retract my statement and admit I am at fault. However, I do not predict that happening. Instead, I see this as a great movement to allow more people to become up to par and to allow end game PvP to be a lot more interesting. I also see this as the removal of a boring instance known as Nirvana and the movement to a lot more interesting instances like AEU, Warsong or TT. I also see this as a chance implement a lot of new instances that can be interesting as well.

I give my thanks to PWI for providing such a fun instance with great rewards.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    quailea2 wrote: »
    ...the constant fixation on cash players only....

Please explain how Nation wars does this. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just dont understand where you're coming from. Hasnt this just given a massive reward for non-csers? The csers are also qqing about nation wars for that reason.
  • zaaphiel
    zaaphiel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That made me laugh
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Moral of the story: Don't spend your time and money on a free internet game.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lol im not crying x.x didn't even go to nw was to busy with rl...but when i heard about the reward i was a bit shocked. NW pretty much makes everything in this game worth anything to the average player...worthless now

1.nirvana
    2.r8 recast (can make mats with reward so every1 that recast gets screwed also)

yep so that is nirvana instance and guild base quests 2 big factors of endgame lol

you should be the one crying, i've only played about 4-5months now lol, you've wasted almost a year
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You do realize there are far more things available from those Supply Tokens than Raptures and Uncanny and that they were not the sole focus of bringing this event into existence? The Raptures and Uncanny were only added as a way to recast R9, where they failed was adding the Raps/Canny instead of Summerwind tokens.
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited November 2012

morale of the story: always laugh at nerds when they be raging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    +1 bro. You totally nailed it. This is going to greatly improve the quality of the game. People will be farming TT/Warsong/Lunar more for gear and it will actually be reasonably obtainable. No longer will people have need to search for 5.0 aps only squads. Other squads can clear instances quite quickly with g15+ gear squad members.

I look forward to all the (positive) new changes this brings as well.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You do realize there are far more things available from those Supply Tokens than Raptures and Uncanny and that they were not the sole focus of bringing this event into existence? The Raptures and Uncanny were only added as a way to recast R9, where they failed was adding the Raps/Canny instead of Summerwind tokens.

Yes I do realize it. R9 recast ring, g16 recast cube necks, recast for scroll of tome. I'm sure more people want those than Uncannys and Raptures?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Totally agree. I can now consider gearing up and doing things I rarely or have never done like TW, World Bosses, harder instances that you sit around waiting for op players for. This could be the most 'balancing' thing PWI has done.

To all those cash shoppers out there, just spend your dollars on +12ing everything and you're still miles in front.
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Farmed 1 year 6bil coins and CSd the rest to make r9r2 then u make it FREE ?

Fcken BullShiit .

U killed the game and killed my work .

What r9 have to do with raps and canny? R9 is same expensive and is 100 times better then Nirvana gear. Chill!
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    So you cry because all your work gone to waste you want to quit now? Heres some advice = Don't join Nation Wars and do your thing your usual way. I think Nation Wars is MORE for non-cashers. So if you are going to quit, don't. Because if you quit then your hard work has TRULY been a waste.

I repeat: Cashers keep doing their precious little nirvana etc and non-cashers do Nation Wars.
  • Warest - Raging Tide
    Warest - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Tell me then when did last time lower lvl players get some useful updates/expansions? This far mostly all updates have been for 90+ lvl players.

i am sorry did you miss all of the quest updates that made it much easier to get to lvl 90+
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    edited November 2012
    Do you not realize just how unbalanced the "drop rates" are? Your post makes absolutely 0 sense.
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    edited November 2012
    What r9 have to do with raps and canny? R9 is same expensive and is 100 times better then Nirvana gear. Chill!

He's raging over the fact that he dumped loads of money into getting R9 2nd cast and now they've basically handed out Uncanny and Raptures like somebody just raided a fat kids stash of Halloween candy and didn't know what to do with it all.

It's become incredibly easy to get R9 2nd cast with Nation Wars (which is extremely ridiculous imo).
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Actually it makes sense. Try to use your brains. How do you think ppl have been doing Nirvanas till this day? They just should keep doing Nirvana because clearly NW is for non-cashers. PWI don't have to do updates for paying players all the time. Free players want things too and NW is exactly what we free players needed.
  • Azizsixer - Raging Tide
    Azizsixer - Raging Tide Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Its only free as long as some ppl cash shop...ignorant ppl who can't understand such a simple concept annoy me to no end.

I wonder if no one charged zen --> then no game
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    edited November 2012
    Yes this was so much fun- tw without having to have a faction an have obligations....
    The rewards are great, and to all the people who left catshops up buying raps and stuff for the normal priceb:bye shame on you

People left their shops up buying Raps and Canny for "normal" prices because they didn't expect PW would do something this outrageous.

Again, I'll agree that the event is fun (at least it seemed like my whole faction was having fun) but the reward trading system needs to be seriously reworked. It's great to have an easier time getting gear, but there is such a thing as being too easy.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The thing the cashers will focus on should be charms,dragon orbs,tokens an gold.

When cashers have higher refines and charms and gems....they will prevail.
  • Alexandreus - Dreamweaver
    Alexandreus - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes I do realize it. R9 recast ring, g16 recast cube necks, recast for scroll of tome. I'm sure more people want those than Uncannys and Raptures?
    Totally agree. I can now consider gearing up and doing things I rarely or have never done like TW, World Bosses, harder instances that you sit around waiting for op players for. This could be the most 'balancing' thing PWI has done.

To all those cash shoppers out there, just spend your dollars on +12ing everything and you're still miles in front.

I seldom ever post on the PWI forums and for good reason... I never had a complaint about anything. The only flaw I find with this event is that, as posted in a previous post, the GMs neglected to put in R9 rewards to the forges.

Now, I sit back and think about it and realize, hey it isn't ALL bad. It puts players on a more level playing field, and allows for people to be able to acquire sets of gear they were never able to acquire before. Whilst the TT market and the Warsong market may be alive and well, it doesn't change that Nirvana market has been completely tanked. It isn't fair on one part to simply say to players who were active that all their trouble for farming their gear was for nothing simply because of an Event. If this was a plot to put players on more even terms, then keep it this way and add an element of making R9 more accessible. G16 is an interesting addition, and would work well in this market, but it isn't the solution when you have R9 recast recast people floating around. All I'm saying, is that be a bit fairer and make R9 at least MORE accessible now more than ever, to even things out even more.

Now for this, cash shoppers simply go +12 everything? That isn't how it works. I spent a good deal of my time and effort and never achieved R9 simply because the gear I worked for or cashed was as good as I wanted it to be, and now more than ever I do NOT want to spend more cash on the game when it simply changed overnight how measly my set of gear is. Whilst I do see the bright side of it, I can't help but feel a bit cheated that everything has just changed so suddenly. It's a dramatic shift, and it will feel rough for the near future but it's something which should at least be made to cater to all those who worked hard for the past years to achieve what they have.
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    For example: If I would have been one of the 100lvl player and done Nirvana and now that NW came up, I would just keep doing Nirvana. Instead of crying my eyes out like most do at the moment. Chillax and go do your usual daily game basis things. If people cry about NW then it means its not for them.
  • M_ - Dreamweaver
    M_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yea if this stays pwi will finally get more competitive pvp game

pk are dead on all servers due to lv105 (third recasts or +12 josd people just 1 shoting every one)

this will actualy give a same chance for anyone to fight with equal gears (tho they will still have to find out how to get refine and gems for their gears)
  • resnov098
    resnov098 Posts: 37
    edited November 2012
    I hear there was an error that allowed the overflow of rewards. i do not know. but wether there was or not. i do expect some sort of compensation for this. And even if i did recieve rewards i do not think its fair for the others. Just putting out something smart and kind.

<----Non cash player, hard working farmer btw

i feel the pain
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I CS'ed so I would not need to farm (although my real CSing days ended almost a year ago). b:shutup

This change makes me slightly sad at the amount of crystals I've had stockpiled, but only very slightly. At the prices they're selling for now, I'll just keep them and maybe one day use them to make something for some alt that I only halfway care about. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just yesterday I had spent 100$ so I could get get my T1 axes, and today... I just got 48 Raps from missing the first half of an event, and the second half not knowing what to do besides kill the other team (Which I failed miserably at that btw).

At the end of it, 48 raps.

My r8r set just got shattered.

I know things could be worse for me, personally. A lot of people have spent a lot more than me, and more $ in 1 day as well.

The Nirv and Trial market is dead, there's no point in them even existing.
    TT and Warsong is going through the roof.
    People will rage quit, like Ulq. But I think more people will pick this game back up now, because they quit when they got to the part of the game where they couldn't afford the cash or time to get good gear.

To me, it's water under the bridge now. I'm over it, I'm just gonna look ahead and get the full T3 set.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • lalala50
    lalala50 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You don't know HOW happy I am to see this! <3b:chuckle

Ulq had been talking so much trash to me,
    all because I mentioned in World Chat that it would be nice to have a Warsoul Weapon with +50 DEF instead of +50 ATT.

Told me I'm too poor, not rich as him, and kept harassing me in whisper and on WC.

(I never said I was gonna BUY one >.> )

Calling me names on World Chat.
    (I never did anything to HIM!)b:angry

<3
    =)
    SheekySheeky (psychic)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No one forced people to C$.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute