Options
    ...a big **** plus one

(see signature below)

Thank you ^^, more thoughts on the subject would be nice though? b:kiss
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I agree. I don't think this will be so terrible. But this really does belong with the other thread about this. Thanks.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • CynthiaDoll - Raging Tide
    CynthiaDoll - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Full Nirvana gear here we come! b:pleased
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So let me get this straight...
    The game first died when nixes were released.
    It died again when genies were released and then nerfed.
    It died again when packs were released.
    It died again when oracles were popularized.
    It died again when people realized they would never get low gold trade again.
    It died again when tb chars started hitting the higher levels and 5 aps became popular.
    It died again when packs were announced into the cash shop indefinitely.
    It died again when goon glitch was popularized.
    It died again when r9 medals could no longer be got from the dq shop.
    It died again when goon glitch was "fixed".
    It died again when the sale of 11 and 12 dorbs caused "client instability."
    It died again when frost runs were popularized.

... I don't think this mishap will be the final blow.

Word, done and dusted. b:laugh
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    (see signature below)
  • Nareeah - Lost City
    Nareeah - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Thank you ^^, more thoughts on the subject would be nice though? b:kiss

lolyou

myself and my 5 friends have enough TT mats we can't sell to gear up 50 toons in HH
    along with most other TT farmers
    most people with gear today CAN SOLO TT YOU KNOW
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    As title says.

Discuss?
    (Personally I have no idea other than merchanting)
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I don't care if you're a mod or not...are we even playing the same game? Did you even work for any of the stuff on your character or did you have a sugar daddy buy it all for you? Or did you possibly swipe your credit card and *Poof* it magically appeared in your inventory.

Give me a break...how can you even argue that this is a GOOD thing? Are you really going to tell me that...let's say you just made yourself a G16 Nirvana weapon that you busted hump for, you're not going to be royally pissed if now that complete moron on your server that knows nothing about their class or how to play now magically has the same weapon that you spent all that hard time farming just because he participated in one night of Nation Wars (That's 2 hours in case you weren't aware) and can basically get whatever he wants?

I didn't swipe my credit card. In fact, I have a sin I worked very hard to get my nirvy gear on. And I did most of the work for that gear on my own with random squads, not just faction mates taking me places everyday. My faction helped with some of the cost of the dagger by helping me out with getting the tt99 dagger. But I nirvyed it, my leggings, got my rank 8 gear, got my ornaments, and such all by myself. Heck, it took me three weeks of no lifing to get the bracers of blood moon. Which I then sold to get my tt99 bracers.

And I also realize that I'm incredibly lucky that all of that was an option to me and that I can't hold onto my advantage forever. That's how literally everything works. Real life and in-games. Things depreciate in value over time. You got to use it earlier than everyone else. You got to gain money when they were just scraping buy for repairs. Whenever I was like Ugggh I'm soooo poor. I had the option to just shutup and solo TT and FC and get coin at three times the rate anyone else could. That's no small thing. And now that it's been a couple of years since nirvana has been released, that gear is naturally supposed to get cheaper and more widespread as new things get released. That's how games work.

And I have NEVER had a sugar daddy.

Exclude people like me who can **** out a couple hundred/thousand gold. Where do you propose the commoners get 300 mil from?

Same place they got their APS gear from or their rank 8 gear. They save up. They don't get it all at once. They go little by little, piece by piece. Same way I got my stuff. I don't even have +10 yet because I was saving up for the 2nd cast daggers. Now I'll get those daggers dirt cheap and will use that money I was gonna spend to refine them.

• fallingstars125
    fallingstars125 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Zan said all i felt like. doesnt just ruin 100+ tho as warsoul weps are in there too and that...kinda makes any 80+ wep useless till 100. Its a huge gear standard swap over night, n instances are not built for it...atleast not to make gameplay challenging or fun anymore.
  • Aryarie - Sanctuary
    Aryarie - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Don't know how I feel about this so will have to wait until tonight to see. On another note, my small mountain of fortune has turned into a mole hill.

b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    They just had to fix the fee to 750k per rap and 150k per uncanny or something.
    10k is bit too cheap with the tokens handed out ...........

Not just an increase in the fee to manufacture them, some people have more money than brains and would just sell gold to make all of their tokens into canny/raps. By increasing the amount of tokens it takes to make it it will maintain market stability while still making them easily accessible (to the same degree that running Nirvana is).

Personally I don't think there should be a fee to make them (at least not more than what it's at now). People worked for their tokens (even if they didn't do much) they should be able to make some profit off that time same as if they ran Nirvana and sold their drops. A simple increase in the number of tokens needed to make them would solve the issue. That or if they set a cap on the number of Supply Tokens that could be earned per night (we're talking a severe decrease). I used an average of the "normal" numbers I saw tonight in WC and Faction chat, there were people who got some insane numbers of Tokens (600+).

Again, it's an MMO and we should be free to choose what we do with our things.
    edited November 2012
    Options
    As title says.

Discuss?
    (Personally I have no idea other than merchanting)

buying zen?

b:shocked
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Full Nirvana gear here we come! b:pleased

What's the point of even calling it Nirvana gear if you don't farm it in Nirvana?
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lunar, warsong, sell badges at 2m again b:cute (i can hope right).

Lunar, tt to make base gear for nirvana 3rd cast. Sure people are OP now, but it still takes time to make those gear.

Soloing bh on 6+ toons b:laugh. Saving on teles, because you don't have to world chat for squads.

The balance will depend on the players and whether the changes are reverted, changed. If a sizeable portion leaves and new players don't enter, that will be sad for the game. If changes are reverted to making canny, rap exchange a bit more expensive, that can fly. Removing canny, rap from the forges can fly as well, will be unpopular, but i can live without it.

Merchanting always wins for me. Btw, did you sell the ghost lord ribbons that you farmed? Mine sold out at 900k. I got 50 more afterwards, but never got around to setting up shop.
    edited November 2012
    Options
    buying zen?

b:shocked

uh Did you even read the title?
    Merchanting always wins for me. Btw, did you sell the ghost lord ribbons that you farmed? Mine sold out at 900k. I got 50 more afterwards, but never got around to setting up shop.

uh actually after that thread of some months ago I moved my efforts from TT to Nirvana....guess Im gonna go back lock myself in there?...

Seems like an horrible idea,all Nirvana-addicted farmers(o well some of em),will move back to the old TT, causing the already over-farmed instance to be even more OVER-farmed, making the already over-saturated TT market even more OVER-saturated.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i dunno... you gotta brainstorm i guess...test stuff out, search areas... same thing we had to do when the server first came out several years ago >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This game has a lack of trying to get new players into their member base, and even if they do it new players are not able to afford the kind of gear veteran players already have without spending thousands of dollars. PWI's subscriptions are decreasing, current members are depleting, they needed a solution. This update will allow the NEW PLAYERS who have joined the game late able to obtain gear that people have spent years to get (I know, but it's for the benefit of the game, right?) I know many of you guys are mad after spending so much time (like me), and probably money as well into the game to obtain the kind of gear you have now, but think of it for the benefit of PWI.

So therefore, to allow this game to have an actual FUTURE, this is what they needed to do. So good for you pwi, I was contemplating on quitting but now I guess il stick around and see what you guys are up to.

You're forgetting the fact that now DQ drops are completely nerfed, newbs will be forced anyway to quit around lvl 50-60... How the heck are they supposed to lvl their skills when they can't even grind the coin for it properly? And how about pots? And no skills make terrible class to play and no pots makes a lot of stuff impossible as well... So yeah they made Nirv gear available for everyone IF they'll even manage to make it to 100 1st without having to spend real money... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
    edited November 2012
    Options
    uh Did you even read the title?

yep. I just bought zen. It's cool, i got gold and people buy it for coins.

It works good.
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The point is this isn't a f2p game anymore...don't like it?
    edited November 2012
    Options
    yep. I just bought zen. It's cool, i got gold and people buy it for coins.

It works good.

Oh yeah I guess it works wonders for ya b:bye
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Seems like an horrible idea,all Nirvana-addicted farmers(or well some of em),will move back to the old TT, causing the already over-farmed instance to be even more OVER-farmed, making the already over-saturated TT market even more OVER-saturated.

TT mats are hard to sell, just checked prices. Sure i can sell them, but the 100~200m becomes 40~50m. Might as well keep them for now for future alts, friends who might need them.

Lunar mats is an option. Only 3 shops that regularly buy and sell lunar mats on our server. I know quite a few people save lunar mats.

Yes, we know you cash shop :). Awesome for you. BerserkBeast i believe is a more F2P player, he prefers to farm gear for free rather than using real money. Your comment is similar to how I come to you and say, "Sorry this year due to high taxes, your income is cut to a 1/4, and you have no bonuses or benefits". What will you do if your work place implemented that policy? You either quit or live with it.
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    seriously?

if u are refering to canny and rap being cheap now, ask how the catshops that were buying ur canny and raps where they get their coins from.

sell seal of war is also ok...
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I haven't had such a wonderful meal of tears in some time.

FEED ME YOUR TEARS!

b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I wish those who are so happy about these changes had a deeper look at things like the above guy.

Personally, I had a deep look at this already, but since this is almost catering to my play style it does not hurt me as much. I can't say the same for others sadly.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Since this mostly talking about the nirvana crash, gonna move this thread to the existing one this issue.

• RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So easy to make money in PWI!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
    edited November 2012
    Options

Its still early to say,but the weight of bad things in this game its slowing getting heavier than the weight of the good things, not sure if said it right.

There were bad things in this game before this expansion, don't assume that only because there are more Im simply going to quit, when 51% of the things will be bad then yeah I will probably quit.
    So easy to make money in PWI!

Oh yeah right
    Yes, we know you cash shop :). Awesome for you. BerserkBeast i believe is a more F2P player, he prefers to farm gear for free rather than using real money. Your comment is similar to how I come to you and say, "Sorry this year due to high taxes, your income is cut to a 1/4, and you have no bonuses or benefits". What will you do if your work place implemented that policy? You either quit or live with it.

Yeah Im an old style RPG player who's too used to fight monsters(PvE) rather than people(PvP), I don't like this PvP expansion and the fact that I have to PvP now to make money(Maybe). And I thought I was in a PvE server!
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You're forgetting the fact that now DQ drops are completely nerfed, newbs will be forced anyway to quit around lvl 50-60... How the heck are they supposed to lvl their skills when they can't even grind the coin for it properly? And how about pots? And no skills make terrible class to play and no pots makes a lot of stuff impossible as well... So yeah they made Nirv gear available for everyone IF they'll even manage to make it to 100 1st without having to spend real money... b:surrender

Have you seen the coin rewards from quests? At lvl 100+ different quests can give me 1~5m a week. Lower levels have more than enough to get their skills. My archer has max skills for all things at lvl 32 from coin drops. I have yet to sell any hay, rough fur, glue or other items o it. We get free charms now, 24 hours, that is just pure awesomeness. There are things that help, but most people have not started a new alt in a long time. There are lots of ways to make money at lower levels, even with "dq nerf".

The positive side of dq nerf is that people will finally take the dragon quests seriously and get OP gear themselves rather than paying 20~40m for it.
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Merchanting,TT,Lunar,Warsong,Power Leveling(While it last),DQ Farming,AEU,Other services for low levels,BH, Skill Book Farming etc etc etc...There are many alternatives, all I will say about Nirvana is that it simply was one of the easiest farming methods. It is just a little more challenging now.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    moving this the existing supply token and nirvana thread. b:thanks