Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game

Options

Comments

• Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This seems like a good place to put this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWaXv7aTlJM

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    moving this to the existing topic about this issue.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Personally, I had a deep look at this already, but since this is almost catering to my play style it does not hurt me as much. I can't say the same for others sadly.

If it caters to your play style and you're happy with it then more power to you. I'm glad they introduced something that you enjoy. However, not everyone is the same or has the same goals/ambitions. They can't completely replace a PVE farming instance with a PVP one as not everyone enjoys PVPing (just like some hate PVE).

Nobody will want to run Nirv anymore...why bother if you can spend 2 hours and make thousands of canny or raps? Eventually with the major availability of the drops Nirvana gear will become the "standard" and then all that's left is to CS R9.

I personally enjoy farming and grinding for my gear (even if it's in a boring and outdated instance designed for a few classes). It feels good to finally get that piece of gear I've been after. My wife and I farmed Lunar to make Lunar Nirvana armor and got laughed at by quite a few for not taking the "cheap" route and going TT. In the end we were far happier with our choice as we were some of the only ones (at the time) to have that gear.

By doing this they might as well have made PW a single player game tailored to a specific genre of gamers which is a shame.

*EDIT* YAY for abuse of MOD powers. Stop combining threads just because you can. They may be of a similar topic but they don't belong mashed together.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    As if nirvana is the only free to play market. Or that farming nirvana was something the majority of f2p players could afford to do. It's still to early to tell if this a good change IMHO. In the end, the players are debating this now. The gms are evaluating. We shall see how things turn out. In the meantime, please keep discussion of this issue to the existing topic.

• ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Moving this to the existing topic about this issue.

• BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Have you seen the coin rewards from quests? At lvl 100+ different quests can give me 1~5m a week. Lower levels have more than enough to get their skills. My archer has max skills for all things at lvl 32 from coin drops. I have yet to sell any hay, rough fur, glue or other items o it. We get free charms now, 24 hours, that is just pure awesomeness. There are things that help, but most people have not started a new alt in a long time. There are lots of ways to make money at lower levels, even with "dq nerf".

The positive side of dq nerf is that people will finally take the dragon quests seriously and get OP gear themselves rather than paying 20~40m for it.

I have to confirm, I've made recently after the update a low level char for testing, and at lv.20 it has 100k coins and all skill maxed, so, seems like so far quest rewards gives enough money, can't tell on the long period yet.

The fact that players are forced to level to make money now...its kinda sad.
    Then yeah off course someone would say that they could sell the mats from mobs, but what if they need to upgrade their manuf. skills and thus need the said mats?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Moving this to the existing topic about this issue.

• Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If it caters to your play style and you're happy with it then more power to you. I'm glad they introduced something that you enjoy. However, not everyone is the same or has the same goals/ambitions. They can't completely replace a PVE farming instance with a PVP one as not everyone enjoys PVPing (just like some hate PVE).

Nobody will want to run Nirv anymore...why bother if you can spend 2 hours and make thousands of canny or raps? Eventually with the major availability of the drops Nirvana gear will become the "standard" and then all that's left is to CS R9.

I personally enjoy farming and grinding for my gear (even if it's in a boring and outdated instance designed for a few classes). It feels good to finally get that piece of gear I've been after. My wife and I farmed Lunar to make Lunar Nirvana armor and got laughed at by quite a few for not taking the "cheap" route and going TT. In the end we were far happier with our choice as we were some of the only ones (at the time) to have that gear.

By doing this they might as well have made PW a single player game tailored to a specific genre of gamers which is a shame.

*EDIT* YAY for abuse of MOD powers. Stop combining threads just because you can. They may be of a similar topic but they don't belong mashed together.

I agree with you, I also enjoyed farming and merching for my r8 recast and nirv as of now, but almost see this as a bit of a break from that. Personally the most fun aspect of this game for me is PvP, so being able to get involved a little quicker is nice.

Now I also agree that this does eliminate that sense of accomplishment gear wise, but I suppose the most I can do now is go with it and move on to something else in the game.

As for the merge, I personally think that this should not have been merged with other thread Berserk created. They are two totally different discussions.
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ooohhh shiny mod powers activate lol jk

Anyways Ive been reading this quietly for a while (and am going to try the wars tonight to see what comes of it)

Yes there are other ways of making money but not only is it painfully slow-ish, if everyone starts doing the same thing, that area of the market will become over saturated. And not to mention the fact that poeple (hopefully) have lives outside of this game-and we dont feel like spending hard earned money if the benifits aren't going to be somewhat apparent. It'll be much easier to separate the noobs from those that knwo how to play I think-because a noob handed all that power is going to be painfully obvious than the TT 90-99/R8. You COULD have made a case that they might've been old school ro couldn't afford better gears back then. In no way am I agreeing completely to the changes as I was raising a sin in the background and had coin invested in it to farm.

Zanir I am with you on that point about lunar-people on my server laughed at me, saying there was no point because it was too pricey. Ultimately though it proved to be a great investment and turned into a trend that poeple started going down when they realized too fast that they would not be able to resell their armors, say, if they suddenly were able to CS R9. Funny stuff XD

I will admit I like the option due to my work and school schedule being hectic but I recall when I was in that weird summer stage between graduating high school and going into college how fun but tough farming was for my gear. Perhaps its time for me to pick back up my old ways of making money because regardless of teh economic winds what I did was ALWAYS needed....

(BTW am I alone in drolling over the availability of warsoul weapons now not being 50k in RL dollars lol)
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I moved it because the posts were all pretty much about how the nirvana market crash is affecting people. If you guys want to discuss the nirvana market crash, this is the place to do it. Normally, we close threads when people make duplicate threads about the same issues. But for now I'm just trying to keep all the discussions in one place because this expansion has numerous issues people want to discuss. Including servers vs server, dq price nerf, new changes, nirvana market crash, skill rebalancing, and many people can't even get into the game so tech support is posting double time. A whole new client was released by the way. I'm just trying to make sure everyone gets heard and that none of these important issues get bumped to the second page because everyone wants their own thread. I appreciate your guys understanding during this busy time.

b:thanks

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:thanks
    Keep up the good work b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    edited November 2012
    Options
    My thread wasn't discussing the crash, I was trying to discuss ways to FIX the issue and still keep everyone happy. Don't really see how it's related other than discussing the topic in general. The other thread devolved into a giant QQ fest which is why I made mine.
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Better moved than closed because-

a)it serves to **** off alot of people
    b)makes other people create threads about said thread complaining about the aformentioned complaint that was in closed thread along with a "mods are XXXXX" (insert fav explicitive here)
    c) just comes off as kind of rude/rule mongering/not listening/etc.

I can point out examples in which the devs here gave a small f u to CN's way of running things such as-

TW mirage rewards (oh there was a huge QQ fest over that)-its somewhat came back but there's still coin rewards
    SP PK-simple flagging in script not hard at all >.<
    Initial work-arounds for DQ nerf (yeah it was crummy rewards system hasnt been updated but thats what the comm. is here for-to be heard and to suggest changes)

So devs can't hide behind "Oh well...uh we cant cuz big daddy china says no" You have even a R9 recast tailored for our version only-don't tell me you can't pull stuff out if you REALLy wanted to. Im pretty such you can add a tag on the nirvy mats to be non-tradable so that it somewhat restores the market if things do get super bad.
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Even making them unable to be traded wouldn't solve the issue. Nation Wars are so simple that anyone can get them in mass quantities, thus making the issue of being able to trade stones a non-issue. The concern here (at least mine and I'm sure others too) is that they basically made Nirvana a free hand-out in terms of gear only to more easily facilitate the recasting of R9. Great for one tier of players, bad for another (mainly the people who busted hump to get their stuff).

I still stand by my earlier statement that raps/canny either need to be completely removed and replaced with Summerwind tokens or have their manufacturing cost altered to stabilize the market again.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The nations war rewards are great, please keep them the same. Thank you an good jobs devs.
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yeah the wars was very fun.

Please keep the good rewards an thanks
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The nations war rewards are great, please keep them the same. Thank you an good jobs devs.

How do you figure? lol Have you checked current prices on stones? On the European servers we dropped from 1m+ raps and 500k+ canny to under 100k each (for both) within minutes after Nation Wars ended.

How quickly is that surplus of Nirvana mats going to get used up? How long before nobody wants to buy Warsoul fragments? How about R8 recast mats?

Making anything overly accessible is a huge mistake, don't be so quick to think it's such a good thing.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    While I am not a PVP player, I did like these Wars. A fun way to learn my toon for TW (hey, now I know not to get in the middle of the mess unless I know to survive). My reaction time has increased for things like anything coming after me, etc etc.
    Semi-long paragraph short: These Wars were fun!

I also like the fact that you can get R8 mats (I was thinking r8r on one toon or another), raps & uncannies with the tokens. It helps players that hate Nirvana (I actually do not like running Nirvy squads. At all.)

There are some negatives, mostly to farmers. Someone mentioned that PWI is starting to look like the private servers. Others are quite mad, as you can see from these posts.

Something I thought of: make them bound OR up the fee needed to make the raps/uncannies.

b:cute
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yes this was so much fun- tw without having to have a faction an have obligations....
    The rewards are great, and to all the people who left catshops up buying raps and stuff for the normal priceb:bye shame on you
  • Warest - Raging Tide
    Warest - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ok this NvN reward system is just a joke right ok do they honestly plan to keep it to were i can get over 1400 cannies (Etc.) in just two hours. do they seriously plan to keep it this way or is there going to be a nerf to the whole system in the next update because as it stands it is too much reward for 2 hours.

any one else wana throw in their 2 cents
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    TY PWI for ****ting on everyone who ever farmed nirvana for t1/t2 and for those who farmed r9t3...good job i guess this was your big plan on balancing the game [sarcasm]

where is the common sense, tired of dumb GMS and who ever is in charge.... lost for words lol

I miss the old pwi that was simple
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Dont QQ

High lvl players wont always get their ways, so live with it.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Its a debatable idea.

This is a F2P game right and since R9 came out everyone qqing that it became P2W so now theres an option for non-csers to get good gears much more easily.

It seems like its F2P again to me in a way and I like it. I can finally consider getting good gears without spending my life or life savings on R9.
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Don't cry, its just a game.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If they keep it like this it kills Nirvana. Nirvana is the main reason that people wanted high aps characters. Other classes will be able to get squads much easier now. Especially if other people are better geared.

I think its much better for the game as a whole. Sucks for those that cashed their stuff, but you were king of the hill for a while and still have a head start on gear before everyone and their mom has g15+

g15 is the new r8.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I couldn't agree with you more MageMERC ^^ Tho I am still 61lvl, but this is good news for me. Knowing that there is a other way to get good gears and weps :D
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Goodbye trials and nirvana, its like i never knew you at all.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Warest - Raging Tide
    Warest - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Dont QQ

High lvl players wont always get their ways, so live with it.

i am not QQing i just think its a little over the top i never farmed nirvy anyway and i agree its a good way to get cannies but 1400+ in 2 hours just dosent feel right even in a FTP game you should still have to work to some extent for your gears..... it just dosent feel right that every thing is completely handed to people now a day's
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i am not QQing i just think its a little over the top i never farmed nirvy anyway and i agree its a good way to get cannies but 1400+ in 2 hours just dosent feel right even in a FTP game you should still have to work to some extent for your gears..... it just dosent feel right that every thing is completely handed to people now a day's

Gear your faction mates bro.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Farmed 1 year 6bil coins and CSd the rest to make r9r2 then u make it FREE ?

Fcken BullShiit .

U killed the game and killed my work .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .