Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Soon.

>b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You'll find out soon. :3

2-3

Oh snap! You done gone and did it now!!! b:shocked
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Good luck to everyone that applied. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Those were some creepy reaction images Euthy D:
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    soon.

That word is forbidden! D:
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You'll find out soon. :3

2-3

Oh god, neber gunna happ'n nao?
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    What I think is funny is all of the people looking at this position like some great prize.

"Oh boy! A chance to be on the mod team and work for PWI without pay!!"

Unfortunately, with voluntary mod positions like this, 95% of the people applying apply for all the wrong reasons, seeing the mod position as a status symbol or position of power that they gotta have.

No you're literally just being selfless and offering some of your own time up to help PWI.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    What I think is funny is all of the people looking at this position like some great prize.

"Oh boy! A chance to be on the mod team and work for PWI without pay!!"

Unfortunately, with voluntary mod positions like this, 95% of the people applying apply for all the wrong reasons, seeing the mod position as a status symbol or position of power that they gotta have.

No you're literally just being selfless and offering some of your own time up to help PWI.

Would have to agree with that. It's an issue with moderator positions for... pretty much anything, be it a game or a forum.

Turning the idea into an event like this kind of plays into that line of thought as well, an event that people feel they have to ''win''.

That, and having to apply for a thankless job is a little weird as well. Contacting people that have proven themselves to be fit for the position and asking them if they would be willing to do it would make more sense.

Nonetheless, I'm interested in the position for (what I feel) are the right reasons. If this is the option that is given me, then I guess I'll just have to go with it and see how it turns out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options

You know what? You are absolutely right (That's 1 of the reasons why we're looking over all of the applications). Even though it may look like a lot of fun, there's a lot of things that you may not see. Be sure that you actually "want" to moderate, not just run around with a cool looking avi.

@Awn, the reason we're doing it like this is because we want to see what everyone would/could contribute. Otherwise, yea we could have just picked "our favorites," but that wouldn't have been fair to us.
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You know what? You are absolutely right (That's 1 of the reasons why we're looking over all of the applications). Even though it may look like a lot of fun, there's a lot of things that you may not see. Be sure that you actually "want" to moderate, not just run around with a cool looking avi.

@Awn, the reason we're doing it like this is because we want to see what everyone would/could contribute. Otherwise, yea we could have just picked "our favorites," but that wouldn't have been fair to us.

Nice to hear honesty Kris :)
  • Eariala - Sanctuary
    Eariala - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    as moderator you're always in the middle of what the forum members want to be done, and what the staff wants.

If both are the same, it's a easy job....

If both are different, you as moderator get the blows, the abuse, the annoyance etc... of both sides... Which makes it a difficult, and sometimes a plain ****ty job.
    (just like lower/middle management in every company and you don't even make money for it)

I hope that we will get some great moderators, and hopefully an about 24/7 coverage of modforce available,
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hence why I've said
    truekossy wrote: »
    ... On second thought, I hope some of you don't get it secretly just so you don't have to put up with the cons that come with the position but good luck anyways! b:cute

It really is a thankless job that tends to be grueling and quite taxing and if you don't do it for the right reasons you won't last long at all.

But the ones that can come out of it without being too jaded tend to be some of the best ones around.
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I vote Ron Paul for moderator since he won't be president. b:laugh
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Being a Mod is not that easy and that's the reason I didn't apply.
    I considered that college won't allow me enough time to moderate the forums and I wanted to be fair instead of possibly stealing someone else's chance who can do a better job than me.

With that said, a Mod needs to be patient and be prepared for everything. I don't know how other forums are (I haven't been to any other forum in the past couple of years) but you do need a lot of patience and a backbone to face all the things that happen here.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Speaking as someone with experience leading a faction, yes, you will have to face drama in any position that puts you higher than the others. People will blame **** on you, because simply, you are the one that is in reach for them. Not the developers who messed up that line of code, no. It may be their fault but people will direct their anger at the nearest possible target.

Being a mod requires a thick skin and a cool head. Else you might just end up like konariraiden. Pretty damn cool guy but couldn't stand the heat. Not everyone's tough enough to take the **** being a mod comes with sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Being a Mod is not that easy and that's the reason I didn't apply.
    I considered that college won't allow me enough time to moderate the forums and I wanted to be fair instead of possibly stealing someone else's chance who can do a better job than me.

With that said, a Mod needs to be patient and be prepared for everything. I don't know how other forums are (I haven't been to any other forum in the past couple of years) but you do need a lot of patience and a backbone to face all the things that happen here.

So in other words, we're all hoping Yulk applied?
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    as moderator you're always in the middle of what the forum members want to be done, and what the staff wants.

If both are the same, it's a easy job....

If both are different, you as moderator get the blows, the abuse, the annoyance etc... of both sides... Which makes it a difficult, and sometimes a plain ****ty job.
    (just like lower/middle management in every company and you don't even make money for it)

Exactly.
    Most of the time, both are different, so mods have to face not-so-happy customers/players lol
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I applied... doubt i'd get itb:chuckle
  • Razikeal - Raging Tide
    Razikeal - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Wether or not I get the position won't greatly effect that ill still help to the best of my ability >:o!!!! Good luck to all :p
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I really dont want to badmouth the mods, but its no wonder people get annoyed when theres the case that the mod cant see the difference of forum rules and personal opinion. So, its a bit rude to close threads because of spam, multithreads etc but ignore other threads just because they think they are funny or whatever.

People need to see that our mods are not responsible for bad things ingame and not for PWEs blindness depending the players suggestions, but the mods should also see that they have a role in every thread here and should actually act responsible with his or her words and answers as well.

So, to make things short. I just hope the new mod will be fair and kind, but also duteous b:pleased
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • gamekillz
    gamekillz Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I applied when I saw this thread up. Many might not know me, i'm a regular at the Runic Games forums and even have a sticky there, but i'm willing to help out with one of my favorite communities. I know that i'm not popular, but I can be friendly, reasonable, and a sound thinker. Even if I don't become a mod, I think its time I stepped it up from lurker status. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sit tibi vita longa et omnia bona
    Pacem et vitam longam
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Good Luck to the one that gets chosen :)

I must say that dont envy the position at all and I feel for the one that gets it...be prepared to have strangers bugging you nonstop and kissing up and for people you thought were your friends turning on you because they think they can get away with murder because they know you

As a former mod of the GameShark/MadCats/Datel/InterAct forums i know exactly what you will have to go through especially after having hate sites made just in my honor :D

I hope you all the best and I hope you can handle all of the responsibilities that go with it. Just remember to do what you can with all the people and try to have fun and not take all the whining and complaining serious because you had to take care of business :)

Good Luck :)
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    One big reason I'm sure I won't be chosen is that when I'm just a regular member of a community with no special responsibilities or the like, I tend to... not hold back at all on people who kinda deserve it. b:chuckle

I'd end up being far more pleasant overall, I suppose, when I hold myself back in those situations... but anyone going through my post history and seeing how I responded to certain people that were acting... well... stupid, for lack of a nicer term, would never be able to tell. Case in point: How wildly my posts would differ between talking to... say... MystiMonk back in the day compared to offering genuine newbies or people who put forth some effort advice on the same subject.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Case in point: How wildly my posts would differ between talking to... say... MystiMonk back in the day compared to offering genuine newbies or people who put forth some effort advice on the same subject.

Poor MystiMonk, so sweet and utterly wrong about so many things :(
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Poor MystiMonk, so sweet and utterly wrong about so many things :(

But at least MystiMonk can take comfort in the fact that I never did get that ban s/he was threatening to get me with.

... Oh wait, that's the opposite of comforting. Oh well! b:laugh
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    where did kawaiiderp go?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    where did kawaiijen go?

I believe Hurricane Sandy affected her internet b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Nice fix.b:chuckle

And I wouldn't doubt it. It hit pretty hard in NY and NJ. The snowstorm that followed didn't do anyone any favors, either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I vote for the grey scrotal monster NowItsAwn's siggy is fighting for forum mod.

Just curious if more GM presence will also be added soon, since you have a pool of applicants looking to contribute their time already.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

She was gone before sandy hit though. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~