Count to 20000

Options

Comments

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

Ohai!

It's been a while since I visited this thread. Gratz Veneir on getting your last Sage skills!

I just woke up from a nap and I'm still feeling sleepy. I have trouble sleeping in summer due to heat, bugs, sweat, thirst etc. so I have to take naps during the naps but I really hate that...because I feel I'm wasting so much time during the day when I could be during other useful things :/

Thanks, Desdi :3!
    I've been doing more of a nap schedule lately, too... because for some reason I keep waking up at like 0600 even though I"m not going to bed early. Of course, the people in the house view it as 'having an 'up all nigh and asleep in the dayt' schedule and ignore the waking up really early part, aha.

Anti monkey-naughtiness D:<

I just finished killing all three of the 30 mob types for celestial culti in the old world... I decided I don't care if I keep them or not because it was absolutely miserable and I had to make PreeK do all the work. OTL
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    look at all the nubs clumping in here :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    look at all the nubs clumping in here :(

So much noobness >: Save us with your masterpieces, Decep.

#forgetstocount #'counting thread'
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    Options
    venus would be irked to find that im procrastinating on her pic over superhero sketchesb:nosebleed
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    venus would be irked to find that im procrastinating on her pic over superhero sketchesb:nosebleed

Hehehe :3 Those are so fun, though!

Yesterday I did super-speed-sketches on stickynotes, and wouldn't let myself use the eraser, since I haven't done any drawing in a good while... it was a nice exercise. Although the attempted drawing of a harpy pet went questionably because I didn't have room for any of the body past the waist, but still tried to shove the legs in.... so she looks like a halfling.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options

*Tries not cry. Cries a lot*

Just kidding. xD Which superheros are you working on?

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited August 2014
    Options

*Tries not cry. Cries a lot*

Just kidding. xD Which superheros are you working on?
    experimented with superboy

http://lagunal8.deviantart.com/art/Superboy-flab-474775680

once i can memorize more of the bulky muscle placement, batman and superman! hahahaha
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2014
    Options

once i can memorize more of the bulky muscle placement, batman and superman! hahahaha

LOL! That's like one of the funniest super boy ones i've seen. xD

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options

That's pretty cool >3
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    “Stroking it softly as it makes one last attempt to strangle me, I give the possessed scarf the positive energy injection. A tear rolls down my eye as I remember the good times. That’ll do scarf. That’ll do.”
    --Our mad alchemist putting down the haunted scarf that had been trying to strangle him since he found it. (via outofcontextdnd)

This is so sad >:
    11291 harpy plumes on the wall, 11291 harpy plumes, take them down, pass them around, none of the harpy plumes on the wall....
  • krisnda
    edited August 2014
    Options
    What's the origin of this?
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    What's the origin of this?

Dungeons and Dragons--version Pathfinder, and an out-of-context quote from someone who plays the alchemist class (who tend to be really disturbing since they do things like grow eyes all over their bodies, create familiars that are literally tumours on their body, or tear off their own flesh and animate it.... so it makes sense that they were sad about the scarf, even.)
    It's a tabletop game.

• krisnda
    edited August 2014
    Options

Dungeons and Dragons--version Pathfinder, and an out-of-context quote from someone who plays the alchemist class (who tend to be really disturbing since they do things like grow eyes all over their bodies, create familiars that are literally tumours on their body, or tear off their own flesh and animate it.... so it makes sense that they were sad about the scarf, even.)
    It's a tabletop game.

Oh, wow! (I'm actually playing Pathfinder with a few friends lol) One of my friends plays an alchemist and has little white beings with no vocal chords who speak telepathically (but still have teeth for some reason).

Kinda like these guys.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Oh, wow! (I'm actually playing Pathfinder with a few friends lol) One of my friends plays an alchemist and has little white beings with no vocal chords who speak telepathically (but still have teeth for some reason).

Kinda like these guys.

*clicks on link* ....*very long sigh*
    *slowclap* Alchemists are beautiful.
    Glad to hear someone else here plays D&D :3

################################
  • krisnda
    edited August 2014
    Options

*clicks on link* ....*very long sigh*
    *slowclap* Alchemists are beautiful.
    Glad to hear someone else here plays D&D :3

################################

Yea, it's nice to get some of your creative juices out in roleplay. I just wish someone would have told me about catfolk though ><. I'm a half-elf summoner. xD b:chuckle
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Yea, it's nice to get some of your creative juices out in roleplay. I just wish someone would have told me about catfolk though ><. I'm a half-elf summoner. xD b:chuckle

Well, catfolk don't appear to be a level adjust race, so that's good.
    They can get extra bardic knowledge, what--
    Though that kind of reminds me...
    a common theme, or, rule, really... in my group is that if they know you have a fettish for something they won't let you play it, and bisexual tengus are a no. (not that they can't be that orientation it's just, if you say 'I want to make a bisexual tengu' at character creation people are going to think you're going to be sexing up their campaign.)
    I kind of figure I shouldn't play the spider people because I"d get way too excited... and would probably want to put socks on them because /potential/....

Edit:: even doing a google search for bisexual tengu results in someone having the same problem, wow.
  • krisnda
    edited August 2014
    Options

Well, catfolk don't appear to be a level adjust race, so that's good.
    They can get extra bardic knowledge, what--
    Though that kind of reminds me...
    a common theme, or, rule, really... in my group is that if they know you have a fettish for something they won't let you play it, and bisexual tengus are a no. (not that they can't be that orientation it's just, if you say 'I want to make a bisexual tengu' at character creation people are going to think you're going to be sexing up their campaign.)
    I kind of figure I shouldn't play the spider people because I"d get way too excited... and would probably want to put socks on them because /potential/....

Edit:: even doing a google search for bisexual tengu results in someone having the same problem, wow.

I can understand what you're saying, but I think as long as that sort of thing isn't "in the game" then there's no reason to exclude people (I mean, doesn't that sort of thing happen for reals anyway xD, <-ignore).

I had to read this several times to get it, and this is the only face I could make lol.

Now+this+is+just+getting+boring+_27619fadc006216fd21ae42a9c71221f.jpg
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I can understand what you're saying, but I think as long as that sort of thing isn't "in the game" then there's no reason to exclude people (I mean, doesn't that sort of thing happen for reals anyway xD, <-ignore).

I had to read this several times to get it, and this is the only face I could make lol.

Now+this+is+just+getting+boring+_27619fadc006216fd21ae42a9c71221f.jpg

I've been up a very long time and my brain is in coffee mode, sorry. Half of my posts today haven't made sense when I read them again a couple hours later.
    Note: I haven't drank coffee. It just feels like I have because I"m having the same disorienting effect in the back of my head.

It's not really an 'excluding people' thing so much as 'flesh out your character as a person, don't just revolve them around an orientation'. That goes for anything, really, but orientation tends to be a bad one because tabletop isn't really for involved palava like that.

########
  • krisnda
    edited August 2014
    Options

I've been up a very long time and my brain is in coffee mode, sorry. Half of my posts today haven't made sense when I read them again a couple hours later.
    Note: I haven't drank coffee. It just feels like I have because I"m having the same disorienting effect in the back of my head.

It's not really an 'excluding people' thing so much as 'flesh out your character as a person, don't just revolve them around an orientation'. That goes for anything, really, but orientation tends to be a bad one because tabletop isn't really for involved palava like that.

########

Nah, it wasn't because it didn't make sense, it was just that part was all. Now that you explain it, I do see what you mean. More "my character is a summoner/alchemist/assassin/whatever and this is their storyline," rather than "I'm a half-elf and he/she is (insert orientation) and because of that they like to "hug" everyone they see.

Yea, I'm more for the first one lol. My friends and I have had some interesting adventures xD. how's your experience been?
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Nah, it wasn't because it didn't make sense, it was just that part was all. Now that you explain it, I do see what you mean. More "my character is a summoner/alchemist/assassin/whatever and this is their storyline," rather than "I'm a half-elf and he/she is (insert orientation) and because of that they like to "hug" everyone they see.

Yea, I'm more for the first one lol. My friends and I have had some interesting adventures xD. how's your experience been?

I've mostly watched games; one of my friends drug me into his campaign since I live at his house, so this is my first one. Everything was random generated, and this happened::

I'm playing as an Alchemist Strix who was adopted by an Ancient Wyrm Red Dragon... and since we started at level ten, went with the doppleganger setup where my real body is at home with my mom and I"m in the exploration party with a different body.
    I don't get HP whenever we level up so sometimes I'm just like 'yo hold this' to my best-friend in-game (connection roll from generation) regarding any magic items, and then go off myself and make a new body. He's seen me do it a few times by now, we figure, so he doesn't mind that much. It'll probably freak out the party members the first time they see me do it, though.

My partner made a character, too, and his rolls were:: only his mother is alive. He committed a crime as a child. That crime was murder. His motive was 'for fun'. It was a clergyman that he murdered. His father was a clergyman. It was perfect. So he's a dwarf who murdered his father as a child for fun and is "evil as ****". (He's a crossbowmen, too. Which means I get to take alchemist formula 'protection from arrows, just in case.)

Only problem is that the GM keeps mentioning out-of-game the possibility of killing my mom and unfortunantly, my character is about as likely to cooperate as a Paladin is to use poison and pickpocket. :x +I'd probably have to make a new character, since the strix would have no reason to stay in the party after that and probably would try to kill them.
    .....also I rolled that I have a twin and I figure she's living with the dragon, too, and wouldn't want her to get hurt, either. My character places way more value on family than I do; it's easier for me to play characters as different people if I give them different values than me.

• ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2014
    Options

I'm taking both of your lunch monies now. b:avoidb:chuckleb:laugh

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options

I'm taking both of your lunch monies now. b:avoidb:chuckleb:laugh

Venu I want to eat a popsicle for the flavour, but I'm cold.
    This is the trolliest first-world-problem.

I don't have lunch monies, but you can have peppermint candies
    *dumps bags upon bags of peppermint on Venu*
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2014
    Options

Yay! Peppermint candy! *takes the bags into a baggy and carefully sorts them out on color. Makes sure to get one of each even though it usually makes no difference to taste and then stashes the rest* *NOM NOM NOM*

And Ven, do what I do in such a situation. Snuggle into a nice cozy blanket and eat the Popsicle anyway! \o/

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options

Yay! Peppermint candy! *takes the bags into a baggy and carefully sorts them out on color. Makes sure to get one of each even though it usually makes no difference to taste and then stashes the rest* *NOM NOM NOM*

And Ven, do what I do in such a situation. Snuggle into a nice cozy blanket and eat the Popsicle anyway! \o/

They're all the same colour x3.

Haha, I see! I don't have my heating pad available to help with warmth anymore, though...
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2014
    Options

*Sees dream candy shattered. b:sad* xD

That just means you need double blankets Ven. Double the snuggle, double the warmth. It's science. b:chuckle

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options

*Sees dream candy shattered. b:sad* xD

That just means you need double blankets Ven. Double the snuggle, double the warmth. It's science. b:chuckle

Don't blankets depend on your own body heat to heat up, though >:? and then it keeps it in?

Also... what do you think about this colour on the crown princess dress/sleeves? I already have black tiger lillies (which is why it isn't white) and I'm trying to find a way to make an orange-based fashion set look good....
    tumblr_napf4sEQtE1tb45hvo1_400.png
    Might have to change a someone's hair colour for it to work out, though.
    I love playing my mystic but I need a good fashion set especially for her >:
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2014
    Options

Nope the formula for blanket heat is (snuggles + blankets). You can increase you snuggley quotient by adding people and stuffed animals. It only makes sense.

As for the fashion, I've never been a particular fan of that set in that color. Just looks off somehow to me. :3 But I do think those sleeves in orange with other pieces looks cute. :3

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options

Nope the formula for blanket heat is (snuggles + blankets). You can increase you snuggley quotient by adding people and stuffed animals. It only makes sense.

As for the fashion, I've never been a particular fan of that set in that color. Just looks off somehow to me. :3 But I do think those sleeves in orange with other pieces looks cute. :3

>: I'd get snuggles but my partner is gone till tomorrow. And all my plushies are stuffed in bags because there was a lice problem a while ago and I couldn't keep them lying around. I could furiously snuggle with the blanket itself, though x3!!
    I've just been hugging onto my little white blanket instead of plushies while sleeping.

Nnnnn, okay.... any colours you would suggest instead?
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I like it Veneir. I say keep the colors that way.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2014
    Options

I haven't really played around with those shoes so it's hard for me to say.