Things you don't want to hear your squadmates say

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    LOL ikr, on Momaganon I found "best" players ever.
    My 78 cleric see on wc "LF more bh69" ok why not, I need fb there. So I type "Can I join for my fb, I can be support healer for higher cleric". Leader of squad said "Fine."
    Great I got invite. I'm looking around, all what I see, 4 sins 85-89 and bm 85. All sins around 3k hp and bm 4k. Everybody happy "BM gonna tank!"
    So yeah few seconds later I were gone.

I know out there good BMs which re able to tank bh69 but it became so rare + bunch of sins who can't control their dmg.. So I hate to see (when I'm cleric) "BM ll tank" in bh69...
    Of course in level range, not talking about 100+

Might have been doable with smart play... sins use bows with chill on, force stealth after fight's been going on a while, stand by cleric (so can get chromatic heals after AOE), BM keeps alter marrow phys up so pdef isn't totally in the cellar after axe hits (but the magic AOE's going to hurt.)

The likelihood of this happening, though... (I've yet to see any BM I've squadded with use alter marrow on Pole or Nob, and sins being sins are almost certain to be slashing the boss, trying to do their utmost to steal aggro.) I can't even remember the last time I've seen a sin use force stealth to shed aggro on a boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • ShaiFatali - Lost City
    ShaiFatali - Lost City Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    LOL ikr, on Momaganon I found "best" players ever.
    My 78 cleric see on wc "LF more bh69" ok why not, I need fb there. So I type "Can I join for my fb, I can be support healer for higher cleric". Leader of squad said "Fine."
    Great I got invite. I'm looking around, all what I see, 4 sins 85-89 and bm 85. All sins around 3k hp and bm 4k. Everybody happy "BM gonna tank!"
    So yeah few seconds later I were gone.

I know out there good BMs which re able to tank bh69 but it became so rare + bunch of sins who can't control their dmg.. So I hate to see (when I'm cleric) "BM ll tank" in bh69...
    Of course in level range, not talking about 100+

Hey, at least you found a non-BH100 squad that didn't have somebody's main tanking. I thought those were extinct.

I tried to do a BH59 on my cleric, with a 71 barb and 72 seeker. Barb qq'ed so much that he died before he could aggro all the mobs (so that I could heal without dying) and that it was taking so long, I finally caved and brought my 101 bm.

After I soloed 4 paths, the barb suddenly "had to go" and didn't help clear the last path that I needed on my cleric. Not that I needed the help, but, in my opinion, that's bloody rude. Next time I'm going to do the paths I need first, and then we'll see who suddenly has to go b:victory
    A prima luce usque ad lucem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vive, pugnare aut mori.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well I'm a noob at many aspects of the game. But bm has self-heal, they can do a cloud-sprint lap around the lake, sins will be revived by the time they are back.

I'm not saying it's ideal, but not every squad has to be barb, cleric, sin and some other DD. Careful play can replace so-called 'essential' skills. The BM could say "Nobody auto-attack after I cast HF, just rib strike"

Take a bm that level and tank those bosses with 4k hp or less with low refined gear. Most sins don't cancel spells so tanking becoming pointless for those kinds of sins. There is a big difference of seeing what you and playing what you play. Your strategy though sound, will not work when a bm is one shot. That boss can hit close to 7k, and sometimes one shots my 8k bm.
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    True - you can be one-shot. Sometimes. My mystic can take two hits without healing at lv82. The bm - well, not pulled the aggro much and anything should be able to tank a couple of the aoe hits.
    I've ranted a few times about phail squads, particularly in 69, it takes a bit of care to run it.

ShaiFatali, I feel your pain. bh59 isn't hard. My faction did a faction squad run the other day, nobody over level75. it was fun, something people seem to have lost a sense of, too obsessed with levelling.
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Like Desdi said, only one cleric in squad.. so it's hard to rez sin and keep BM alive.

Mayfly you should post that to BM and sins from my squad then, heh. In all my cleric carrier on Sanc. (on Moma. cleric is still low) I saw sin using bow maybe twice and chill of deep maybe once. About BMs marrows.. even in bh100 it's rare for some BMs to use that, so I'm not expecting that in bh69. Like you said, sadly sins rarely using skills and brain.

ShaiFatali I were happy for a second to not see 100s in my squad, but then I checked who I got and how much HP they've got, my happiness went away pretty fast. I'm not saying that everybody 80-90 should have OP hp and end gear almost.. but some minimum is needed when you wanna tank boss which normally barb's tanking.
    Yeah, I know feeling with bh59.. had few times situation when tank left us cause "had to go" after his paths were done.

Jaabg +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Random ws squads are fun. And something I'm not joining again.

Squad was just looking for a DD for metal, so I joined. 2 clerics. One with 8.2k hp bufffed, the other had 5.1k buffed. Second cleric goes with the barb to water. Everything is fine for a while, besides mobs purging me twice. No trouble for me.
    Then the cleric dies, barb follows, water fails.
    Resquad, leader does not want to invite the barb, because the cleric is QQing she got heal agro and died.

They find another barb. Second try. I get purged again... twice. Still I'm fine. The BM gets purged and dies in wood. Cleric goes to help, barb dies in water and fails.

Let's just say I didn't give them another chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taiako - Dreamweaver
    Taiako - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "HF pls"

<.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When helping a BH Eden on my BM, this coming from a lvl 96 sin :" I don't have BP, I don't need it."

In FF on my cleric, after bubble boss sin stealth pass mobs into bishop boss and said he will solo it. While we're clearing the bishop mobs sin got purged and dies, moment later " rez plz quick, hypers running out". b:chuckle
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "HF pls"

<.<

Doesn't HF mean strip down to your grungies and Have Fun? That's when I pop on the techno and dance it up nekkid. Though I do wonder why the screams seem to be of being on anger than Ecstacy. Meh, newbie ravers; can't live with them, can't watch em die in FB69 without em
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Doesn't HF mean strip down to your grungies and Have Fun? That's when I pop on the techno and dance it up nekkid. Though I do wonder why the screams seem to be of being on anger than Ecstacy. Meh, newbie ravers; can't live with them, can't watch em die in FB69 without em

Hahahaha! Thank you. I needed that!

Another thing not to hear:
    "I don't want to BB, I want to Tempest!" *does so, pulls aggro, dies* "You're all noobs!" *cleric gets kicked*

This was (paraphrasing on my part) from an FC today, I was on my sin. b:chuckle
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "Hello, my name is Steve-O and welcome to Jackass!"
  • umae
    umae Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The 101 red names sin with swards demanding to know " why the fkn Cleric didnt heal him and she bloody well res him" -.-
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Take a bm that level and tank those bosses with 4k hp or less with low refined gear. Most sins don't cancel spells so tanking becoming pointless for those kinds of sins. There is a big difference of seeing what you and playing what you play. Your strategy though sound, will not work when a bm is one shot. That boss can hit close to 7k, and sometimes one shots my 8k bm.

99% of all sins I've seen do not knife throw bosses whatsoever. Including myself as it's just become a habit since I've never been asked to do such.
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    b:laugh sins with good refine can just tank bosses w/o canceling b:laugh
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    99% of all sins I've seen do not knife throw bosses whatsoever. Including myself as it's just become a habit since I've never been asked to do such.

As a bm, as soon as i learned shadowless kick, i used it every time i could. I learnt i missed spell cycle due to cool down. When barbs did their cancelling well in bh, tt, boss went easily. In the situation where there is no sin, cancelling spells would really help out the tank not to get debuffs on.

At higher levels, only bosses that are truly scary still is voidweaver and the first boss after the exp room boss. The pdef reduction kills me, kicks, cancelling skills are hard to time with those.

But i know, most people have fcc'ed on their alts. Most people doing bh are doing it on their alts and you rarely come across someone doing a bh at their lower level character that is a main. Still, it would be a nice thing for people to learn, it can makes lots of bosses easy.

When i learnt earthquake on my genie at 100, 5 aps, demon phy marrow, 5k hp, i tanked wurlord with bp alone. That allowed me to farm some good money back in the day, now a days, i wouldn't expect people to tank that boss by cancelling his magic aoe and have a phy marrow on, that would result in death if missed even once.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Random ws squads are fun. And something I'm not joining again.

Squad was just looking for a DD for metal, so I joined. 2 clerics. One with 8.2k hp bufffed, the other had 5.1k buffed. Second cleric goes with the barb to water. Everything is fine for a while, besides mobs purging me twice. No trouble for me.
    Then the cleric dies, barb follows, water fails.
    Resquad, leader does not want to invite the barb, because the cleric is QQing she got heal agro and died.

They find another barb. Second try. I get purged again... twice. Still I'm fine. The BM gets purged and dies in wood. Cleric goes to help, barb dies in water and fails.

Let's just say I didn't give them another chance.

Out of interest... did you check what gears the barbs wore?

I can do water on my barb on his own and he has only 19k HP. Gather mobs, run, hhit invoke, bestial rage, sunder+arma them dead, gather new pile of mobs and hit them at time with surf impact and whatever you got until you can use invoke again rinse and repeat.

Guess they lack good tactic these days...
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    From a mystic: "I'm not giving the cleric a ress buff because they are rubbish."
  • Taiako - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    b:beatenup

Old crackheads are worse. Trying every possible way to get clean people to give into bad habits. Even posting in message boards with poorly disguised insults!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    b:beatenup

Old crackheads are worse. Trying every possible way to get clean people to give into bad habits. Even posting in message boards with poorly disguised insults!

You seriously over-estimated your worth in my post. The post I referenced was only for the letters HF, and going from there. I didn't even pay attention to the poster's name, because they didn't matter for the post I was making.
  • Taiako - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    You seriously over-estimated your worth in my post. The post I referenced was only for the letters HF, and going from there. I didn't even pay attention to the poster's name, because they didn't matter for the post I was making.
    Huh...?

I'm confused. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ''INCOMING '' -- you know the **** is about to hit the fan.

''whats BP again ?'' this was a lvl 75 assassin. who i was running TM for.

'' Your a barb, you wont DD in my squad - you just tank '' coming from a cleric in ws, i guess has little to no idea still about game mechanics.

'' Full Delta Last spot for barb '' - ( i joined squad ) - ''great we have a barb , Brb 30 mins food''

'' this life sucks i cant go on anymore '' seriously someone typed this in a squad chat. why though , is beyond me .

my favourite of all time , has to go to the sins; who i share NO love for at all.

Time and time again i get the blame for not keeping aggro when these 3-5k hp sins are triple sparking and attacking boss, getting aggro, followed promptly by a Squish.

1st they blame barb, for not holding aggro, 2nd they blame cleric for not healing fast enough,
    then they get a good old kick from squad leader : - )
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    as far as i know a barb DONT need claw to be helpfull it might help but seriusly u dont need to put claw in ur barb o be usefull.

also about mechanism gues r9 is also part of that mechanism cos bouth are broken same with attack lv and ****.

also to me this sound like you come to pwi after they implemented pack with int gear cos we did just fine before aps showed up and we still do.
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Coming from a lvl 80+ sin

-"What skills? All I do is auto attack and spark, sin don't have stun skills" b:sad

Now I'm a believer that sin are idiot magnets.....b:cry
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    From the leader that made a wave 2 squad at spawn point:

"When we get to wave 2 boss we can port to start and kill there then leave to get wave 3 quest. "

(WTH is the point of doing spawn point!?) -Even before spawn point runs this idea was idiotic.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • JoanCreepers - Dreamweaver
    JoanCreepers - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Today on a bh69 I noticed that a 100 lvl archer was wearing chan FCC rings and a robe.
    "Why are you wearing channeling gear?"
    "Skills cast faster".

On this very BH a cleric unsuccessfully tried to set up BB several times on Pole and Gau. A 101 lvl cleric. Luckily no one died.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    Today on a bh69 I noticed that a 100 lvl archer was wearing chan FCC rings and a robe.
    "Why are you wearing channeling gear?"
    "Skills cast faster".

On this very BH a cleric unsuccessfully tried to set up BB several times on Pole and Gau. A 101 lvl cleric. Luckily no one died.
    umm I BB there all the time. Especially when the tank can interrupt the debuffs being cast, and/or knows how to purify himself. You need to have decent Pdef and MAG points in order to do it successfully, and a low level cleric can't do that. For a properly geared 101, it's super easy, as long as you are aware of your distances and set it up right.

Ends up being a lot easier for the idiots that need the BH, are still wearing R1, and apparently don't know anything about the instance.

But then, I can put BB up there, and I can do it without being interrupted 90% of the time. In the rare case that it is interrupted, I am paying attention and react quickly enough that it doesn't matter.

That archer though... ROFL!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Henawen - Lost City
    Henawen - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    BM- I don't have Dragons (if your on Lost you know who this 101 BM is-and pray he's not in your squad...).
    Cleric- I'm out of manna pots , What is BB?, can you bring another cleric to rez me? >.>
    Seeker- my vortex is only lvl 3
    Sin- blood paint? I didn't lvl that.
    Barb- Rez please
    Veno- I cant get my pet out!

And of course my fav... I've never done this before. = all classes...
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    That's really not a big deal at all unless the sin's saying they didn't even learn it.

BP levels 2 to 10 only increase duration, so it makes sense to leave it at 1 and focus on other skills until you either have extra spirit to toss toward it or get the level 11 books (most notably sage for obvious reasons).
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    BM- I don't have Dragons (if your on Lost you know who this 101 BM is-and pray he's not in your squad...).
    Cleric- I'm out of manna pots , What is BB?, can you bring another cleric to rez me? >.>
    Seeker- my vortex is only lvl 3
    Barb- Rez please
    Veno- I cant get my pet out!

And of course my fav... I've never done this before. = all classes...

This morning i was asked to help with bh snake. Once i got inside, I find out they are halfway to snake, and the original cleric had dropped. Wasn't long until i found out why. BMs dont aoe/aggro runners or hf. I was sealed almost the entire time the rest of the way to snake. The veno asked the bms to hf on the boss. No hfs on snake. On vile she asked them again to hf. Finally, about halfway through vile she asked them again to hf and one bm replied, but its metal. I said so what if its metal, hf. Finally at about 50% hp one (yea , only ONE) of the bms started using hf. That was just.. sad.
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Anyone wants to guess from the fail players written here how much are pure fail/ sux at playing, and how much were born from FC babies? :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!