pure magic or some vit?

Options
XSINNERX - Lost City
XSINNERX - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Cleric
okayyy so basically my cleric is r8 with tt99 shoe and sleeve and warsoul of heaven, all gear refined to +5 with 1/2 gear sharded with immac cit and half sharded with immac garnet, my hp is 4.5k. I am pure magic and the damage is good but I am insanely squishy in pvp especially against sins even with a charm and plume shell/79 skills they can kill me in their 6 second stun... if i domain they just stun me again with tele stun or anything else, and if they have tidal on and my sleep fails there's basically nothing I can do... I was wondering would adding some points into vit help me out? an r9+11 psy told me pure mag is the best but is she correct? plox help...
Post edited by XSINNERX - Lost City on

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    +10 HP/VIT point

10 HP

at r8

b:bye

EDIT: sins will be sins

Not much to do about that

EDIT: EDIT: lol @ immacs for lv 100 cleric
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    P.def>Hp.

Which cape you use? Try to get one that give p.def.

A lunar ring can help too.

It's the problem with pure magic, if no high refine the hp is low, you have 2 choice refine your gears higher or try to add some vit.

As Walpurga said sins are sins, some cleric with 6k hp cannot do nothing as well so even if you had a 500 hp that will not save your life, try to get more p.def (i don't know how much you have, but if you are half gear garnet that's prolly around 2-3k which is a one shot in PvP nvm your hp)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • XSINNERX - Lost City
    XSINNERX - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    +10 HP/VIT point

10 HP

at r8

b:bye

EDIT: sins will be sins

Not much to do about that

EDIT: EDIT: lol @ immacs for lv 100 cleric

erm... 10hp? i wasn't talking about 1 point dafuq...
    and immacs at lv 100? pretty normal if you ask me? :S
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Majority of people i see have flawless so immac is good, not the best, but not bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    If you're going to go with immaculate garnet; why not Exclusive Garnet?

Cape and ornaments make a big difference here.

I notice the vit builds mostly in Warsong and Rebirth, especially when they have **** for weapons. Why should my tank be built to tank and cleric not built to heal?
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    erm... 10hp? i wasn't talking about 1 point dafuq...
    and immacs at lv 100? pretty normal if you ask me? :S

You get 10 HP per point, which at your level kind of goes to waste. You'd have to put a lot of VIT to make any sort of difference, so it's very, very inefficient.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'd say the worst heals come from a dead cleric.

50 points more or less in magic really won't make a noticeable difference in heals with a decent weapon. 500 HP, on the other hand, would give you (OP) an increase of ~11% in your HP.

Vit loses its usefulness as your gear gets better (which is why any R9 will advise you to go pure), but the extra survivability from it when you have less than adequate equipment is quite valuable.

I personally have 60 VIT right now and about 7k hp unbuffed and I'm not planning on resetting it anytime soon. The extra HP is just a bit more tangible than healing power, which I don't need any more of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

50 points more or less in magic really won't make a noticeable difference in heals with a decent weapon. 500 HP, on the other hand, would give you (OP) an increase of ~11% in your HP.

Vit loses its usefulness as your gear gets better (which is why any R9 will advise you to go pure), but the extra survivability from it when you have less than adequate equipment is quite valuable.

I personally have 60 VIT right now and about 7k hp unbuffed and I'm not planning on resetting it anytime soon. The extra HP is just a bit more tangible than healing power, which I don't need any more of.

Bingo. +1 000 000
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • thumbs
    edited August 2012
    Options

No toon should repeatedly go to something they can't handle.
    50 points more or less in magic really won't make a noticeable difference in heals with a decent weapon.

If they can afford a decent weapon; they can afford decent equips/ refines.

Bullpoop! You kill slower, heal less per spell, you use a lot more pots, and you look at a costly reset cost down the road. Going vit at any time is flippin stupid.
    edited August 2012
    Options

I U.
    thumbs wrote: »

I see a lot of cleric with a R8 weapon +6-7 with sapphire with **** gears (OHT, npc, mold 7x, etc..)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i liked the hybrid build if u are under 5k hp base. once you hit that hp though, you should start turning those vit pts into magic, no doubt about it.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Was getting **** from a friend last night who saw my 4.7k hp cleric. I'd replaced my boots that were +6, had +8 vit, and 4 x immac citrines with G15 boots, unrefined and unsharded so I lost a bit of hp.

Anyways, I remember when 3-3 was BH and every squad wanted 2 cleric because of the bosses random aggro unless you had around 5k hp. Then you were a pro cleric and could solo heal anything in the game you wanted. Many cleric's back then were doing 3-3 with weaker armor, weaker weapons and 3-4k hp.

Now 5k hp is considered low and squishy, but it doesn't change the fact that its still enough hp to heal whatever you want even without much player skill.

My opinion is the same now as it has been for almost 4 years. Vit is not needed for a cleric but is nice if you are unskilled, have slower reaction times, or haven't quite learned to play your class. Some cleric's just like it for the comfort factor.

I still consider the pure magic build to have better survivability. You'll have stronger heals, kill faster, and have stronger magic defenses. Not to mention your tank will stay alive better. After about level 55 the majority of mobs will either be killable before they reach you or prefer to stay ranged and use magic attacks so in most cases magic offers more defense than vit. But if you feel more comfortable with a bit of hp and haven't learned how to use your 3 shields and 3 seals then vitality is the way to go. I'd suggest capping at 53 so you can reset later.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ''This message is hidden because thumbs is on your ignore list.''

Tempting, tempting... ah, what the hell.
    No toon should repeatedly go to something they can't handle.

Because every BH/RB/whatever squad is always the same? Even when doing the same thing, sometimes you need to handle a bit more or a bit less depending on who you squad with. A little extra VIT can help you squeeze through those harder times.

That's just simple elitism stemming from the fact that you can afford it. There is 1 weapon slot, there are 8 armor/ornament slots. It's not like refining a weapon costs that much more than refining a piece of armor.
    Bullpoop! You kill slower, heal less per spell, you use a lot more pots, and you look at a costly reset cost down the road. Going vit at any time is flippin stupid.

Here you have my damage calculator spreadsheet. I filled in my own build there, assuming I have 50 MAG more than I do now. Here is the same build with 50 MAG less.

Now I know you're a nitpicking elitist (which earned you that prestigious spot as only person on my forum blacklist), but if you're really going to argue over that difference then you're taking it to a new level.

So yeah, might as well not bother replying because I'm not gonna bother reading it this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Sakubatou pretty much sums it up.
  • thumbs
    edited August 2012
    Options
    That's just simple elitism stemming from the fact that you can afford it. There is 1 weapon slot, there are 8 armor/ornament slots. It's not like refining a weapon costs that much more than refining a piece of armor.

If you can't afford to go to the movies with your friends; you might mooch off them. Here you are mooching off strangers to compensate not for lack of ability (because monkeys can play this game), but for laziness or selfishness.

An Elitist would have much higher standards. I simply request people be adequately built for their role in a squad. A mooch bag vit build cleric that has it's squad potting because it can't heal sufficiently shouldn't be burdening their squad.

8 armor slots means 8 pieces of equipment that can be very cheaply refined to +5 or better. Weapon refining to compensate for your **** build / advice is not so affordable.

Rather than spend a single day working on equips; you prefer mooch bag vit build and go buy fashion, flashy mount, etc instead. -pro!
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Tweakz bitc.hing about vit build again ............. invalueable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I should start a drinking game and take a shot every time tweaks says 'mooch' or a derivative of that word. b:pleased
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I should start a drinking game and take a shot every time tweaks says 'mooch' or a derivative of that word. b:pleased

Enough of an indication for me to keep his post hidden.

Funny thing is that I've even done a BH with him before, didn't say a thing while I still had 110 VIT back then (which I found to be a little bit over the top after all). Finished without any trouble.

So keep on going, forum crusader.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Enough of an indication for me to keep his post hidden.

Funny thing is that I've even done a BH with him before, didn't say a thing while I still had 110 VIT back then (which I found to be a little bit over the top after all). Finished without any trouble.

So keep on going, forum crusader.

He's on your server? Lucky you. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2012
    Options
    He's on your server? Lucky you. xD

yes i have seen him quite a lot and also have been together with him on TERRORIST (he abandoned that too) , it's like he was a complete different person.

bipolar syndrome i just say
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    A mooch bag vit build cleric that has it's squad potting because it can't heal sufficiently shouldn't be burdening their squad.

Wait....wait...wait? You're telling me all this hatred is because you might have to use a couple of pots when you're in an instance?!!?!!! That's why you insist on other people spending millions of coins that they don't have? To save you a couple a thousand coins on POTS! Sorry, but you're the mooch. You want everyone to have elitist gear regardless of their ability to have it because you don't want to have buy pots. Mystery solved.

BTW, you clearly are elitist. Or are you saying that in addition to Rank 8/tt99 shoes and sleeves/warsoul helm all fully sharded isn't good enough, it has to be +10 as well? Please. Look at her gear. If they can't afford high refines (which is when you start moving out of many people's budgets) that doesn't make them mooch bags. It just means that maybe a bit of vit or some better ornaments are in order.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _LuleKnight_ - Archosaur
    _LuleKnight_ - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver do you want be my friend spartaxoxo?
    and i write you message read it b:kiss
  • _LuleKnight_ - Archosaur
    _LuleKnight_ - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I think pure magic
    because you can always find Barbarian tank
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Wait....wait...wait? You're telling me all this hatred is because you might have to use a couple of pots when you're in an instance?!!?!!! That's why you insist on other people spending millions of coins that they don't have? To save you a couple a thousand coins on POTS! Sorry, but you're the mooch. You want everyone to have elitist gear regardless of their ability to have it because you don't want to have buy pots. Mystery solved.

BTW, you clearly are elitist. Or are you saying that in addition to Rank 8/tt99 shoes and sleeves/warsoul helm all fully sharded isn't good enough, it has to be +10 as well? Please. Look at her gear. If they can't afford high refines (which is when you start moving out of many people's budgets) that doesn't make them mooch bags. It just means that maybe a bit of vit or some better ornaments are in order.

Actually you are wrong ...... his hatred of VIT builds is because he tried them himself and failed miserably to understand their mechanics and way of playing.

its the typical idiotic attitude . When u fail at sth , you critisise it beyong any logic to hide your inability to act. He is a troll , abrasive rude , and delusional unfortunately , thinks he has support in here while in reality , everyone bashes him and ignored his opinion

So just dont give him attention ..... like all h@oores , he will leave someday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thumbs
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Actually you are wrong ...... his hatred of VIT builds is because he tried them himself and failed miserably to understand their mechanics and way of playing.

its the typical idiotic attitude . When u fail at sth , you critisise it beyong any logic to hide your inability to act. He is a troll , abrasive rude , and delusional unfortunately , thinks he has support in here while in reality , everyone bashes him and ignored his opinion

So just dont give him attention ..... like all h@oores , he will leave someday.

Hey idiot; I also see it from the victim perspective of you stupid vit builds. Wiz's, Barbs and other tanks shouldn't have to chug down on pots to make up for your mooch bag butts.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hey idiot; I also see it from the victim perspective of you stupid vit builds. Wiz's, Barbs and other tanks shouldn't have to chug down on pots to make up for your mooch bag butts.

*takes a shot*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Options

I pity you ..... really b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    1 point in vit will generally increase your survivability by a higher % than 1 point in magic will increase your damage. But this will get less effective as you get a better weapon and higher hp from gear. But vit is never a "horrible choice" because as your defense gets better, those points in vit work harder.

Currently my mystic w/ 9981 hp, 5400 p. def and 88 def. lvls gains ~7.5% more survivability from 50 points of vit. Keep in mind cube neck/demon's pearl increases hp from vit to 10.5, and each pt in vit also increases physical defense.

50 points in magic would increase my unsparked damage by ~6.5%.

Every 70 points in magic is equivalent to a lvl 10 spirit's gift buff. Compare your damage with and without the buff, then decide whether that's worth gaining 735 hp and ~350 p. def and m. def.

P. def from vit doesn't get buffed by Vanguard spirit, however.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Elvenne - Raging Tide
    Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I have some Vit added on my cleric because clerics don't really neeed Full Magic with some Vit added you feel a lot safer and when your gear is not so hot the Vit can really help out a lot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

I can normally tell a cleric's amount of vitality by a quick glance of their gear and the effectiveness within 10 points. Trust me, barbs know. We just become afraid to say anything because commenting on vit is basically pointing out how weak their heals are and insulting them and soooo many cleric's rage quit over little things.

me: "Hmm, you have about 70 vit?"
    them: "72 vit, got a problem with that?"
    me: "Nah. Just was noticing a difference in heal strength so perved the gear."
    them: "Vitality doesn't make me a bad cleric. My heals are just as strong as a pure magic clerics."
    me: "Well, slightly weaker than a pure cleric with the same weapon, but that's what weapon refines are for :D"
    them: "OMG you a***ole. Find another cleric then. *QQmoar ragequit*
    me: ....?

Yah. Simple observations and pwi dramatic over reactions.

Two things to add. One, I'm guessing pvp vs pve servers have different cleric needs. In PvE there really is nothing a cleric needs to add vit for but it would be wrong of me to say "all cleric's don't need vit" because I'm guessing surviving a pvp gank long enough to seal, get away, and get heals going is something pvp server clerics need to worry more about.

Second is I normally know the squads I'm running with and I can expect the barbs to aggro mobs or other players to risk their own lives to save me since I can rez them. They in turn know that I can focus on healing and give them the strongest heals I can manage. That's probably a big reason I'm pure magic is because I can trust my tanks to tank and so I focus on healing. I don't weaken my own effectiveness to save my own *** because I can expect other players to be doing their jobs usually.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory