Things that annoy you in-game...

Comments

• mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It might have been said already, but it ticks me off when people think as a psy it's my main job to keep them healed in FB's b:scorn

totally wrong.

It is your job to pull aggro off the cleric and then die.
  • _Wesa_ - Heavens Tear
    _Wesa_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The horn window! b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that would put a demon to shame... We all stand precariously on the edge between darkness and light... And when we fall, we are greeted by only madness and chaos." ~Raogrimm: Galkan Talekeeper, Final Fantasy XI.
    Venomancer 100: _Wesa_ - Semi-Active - Faction Leader: Jerusalem
    Cleric 100: LilyKatt - Retired/Deleted. All storage Characters: Deleted
    On Facebook: Manny's Menagerie
  • Von_Skyler - Archosaur
    Von_Skyler - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    totally wrong.

It is your job to pull aggro off the cleric and then die.
    Ya know, despite how messed up that is, it seems like that's becoming more of my role as time goes by.
    It usually happens like so:

At a boss, full party, tank, cleric, and DD'ers

Tank: Herp derp I got aggo! Go ahead and attack already!!!!

Me: Hm ok *casts Aqua Impact one time...Crits*

Boss: *suddenly loses interest in tank and rushes me, I die within seconds and then squad wipe*

Everybody else: WTF DOOD, Y U STEAL AGGRO!!!1?1?!!?

It's hard out here for a psy :/
    New Siggy, yay~
  • YenSena - Sanctuary
    YenSena - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    DDs that are scared to attack and sit idle until like a boss have 70-50% Hp left.

Its your job to deal damage, if you're scared to get agro and die go play Minecraft or some MyLittlePony games b:angry
  • Encke - Lost City
    Encke - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Recently. It was running what I THOUGHT was an 8x frost. Then going in to find out it was an 8x sin, 7x seeker and level 100 Barb, Mystic and Cleric. And the Mystic was multiing the seeker, who was dead by the bishop's AOE. All the while the cleric was asking the Mystic to heal the barb so she could rez us dead lowbies only to get a reply from the Mystic; Hurr durr I'm not the healer I'm the DD figure out how to rez them and heal the tank.

- Low levels in guild spamming "Can haz frost?" at 3x.

- Doing said frost for guildies of 7x or higher and getting "I don't have hypers! Can haz hypers!?" after spending the time to clear all the way to bigroom and being expected to shell out coin for their levels.

- Low levels not finding people their levels to do BHs and expecting the higher levels in guild to drop what they are doing to help.

- Frost Babies that leave guild because we don't run frost for them RIGHT THEN AND THERE.

- BMs that don't HF when Sage Sins SS to drop the boss quickly.

- Biased groups wanting just Sage Venos.

- Being told to 'link' my weapon as if it's my golden ticket into a BH/CV/WS/Whateverelsetherecouldbe squad.

- Sins in party trying to see who has the bigger fish penor OR trying to one up the barb or bm bragging about how 'they have aggro'.

- Red chat that spams away my pms when I AFK ingame while I'm at work. :c
  • /Slash - Lost City
    /Slash - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    people who sit on their pride to be on the winning factions
  • Helping_Hand - Raging Tide
    Helping_Hand - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    -ppl that dun know how too play their class.
    -ppl that QQ all the time when they die when it is clear they made the mistake too take on something they can't handle at all...
    -ppl telling me what too do.
    -undergeared lvl 100+ sins.
    - dd's complaining when they pull agro...learn your class...make mistakes...die...wait for res or rely more on your own skills/genie or just controll your agro if you can't handle...simple as that.
    -lag that has been there since the new exp.
    -dc/crash in the mid of nw.

should i stop?
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Squad invite spammers. I don't want to squad up for 10 mobs, sorry.

Or like yesterday. I was making a missive squad, we were waiting for our last person. Some noob spams me 10 squad invites in 30 seconds, however the **** he even did that.
    Funnily it also was a pretty known scammer on our server, so yea, go shove your buffs somewhere...

I've been wondering the thing. How can they spam so many invites when it takes the rest of us 30 seconds in between. Was trying to do something private near hidden orchid last night and this low level bm runs up and starts spamming me with join squad requests. Never even bothered to ask at all. Blocked invites. Later though im trying to get invited to a pv squad and im not recieving it because I still have block invites on. Such a pain.
    Things that annoy me, dumb low levels assuming that a high level in their territory means they can have us do quest and spamming us with invites.

Things that i would find useful. An automatic setting that prevents frequent invites from being spammed after you have said no, temporarily blocking that person from inviting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ppl that make squads for BH 69-79 and then are like "I only have a few thousand coins, someone else get free wines plz?" and when everyone refuses to they go like "We can do unwined"... For Arceus' sake if you make a squad make sure you can provide the damn wine or at least make sure you can at least pay split... Those are the kind of squads that just make me go like "**** this, I'm out"...

So anyone else had this kind of stuff happening? And what annoy's you the most in this game while playing?

+1 for pokemanz and what really annoys the **** out of me is when people join a squad then go afk..............the other day the leader of our squad was bringing in his sin to give us bp (ok no big deal) but when he left to make room lead went to this mystic they then went afk for good 20 mins finally they left and we where able to start doing what we where trying to do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ya know, despite how messed up that is, it seems like that's becoming more of my role as time goes by.
    It usually happens like so:

At a boss, full party, tank, cleric, and DD'ers

Tank: Herp derp I got aggo! Go ahead and attack already!!!!

Me: Hm ok *casts Aqua Impact one time...Crits*

Boss: *suddenly loses interest in tank and rushes me, I die within seconds and then squad wipe*

Everybody else: WTF DOOD, Y U STEAL AGGRO!!!1?1?!!?

It's hard out here for a squishy DD:/

In the same theme.

The shortage of barbs who spam FR on the boss.

Got a squad last night where the barb actually did this. I'd forgotten how easy a BH can be when a barb holds aggro.

Without that you need a Mystic along who makes sure everyone has FP and is ready to heal at a moment's notice. ffs, how hard is it to see someone's HP bar plummet, select them and hit heal?
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've been wondering the thing. How can they spam so many invites when it takes the rest of us 30 seconds in between. Was trying to do something private near hidden orchid last night and this low level bm runs up and starts spamming me with join squad requests. Never even bothered to ask at all. Blocked invites. Later though im trying to get invited to a pv squad and im not recieving it because I still have block invites on. Such a pain.
    Things that annoy me, dumb low levels assuming that a high level in their territory means they can have us do quest and spamming us with invites.

Things that i would find useful. An automatic setting that prevents frequent invites from being spammed after you have said no, temporarily blocking that person from inviting.

I've wondered how they are able to spam like that too. Same goes for the people in world chat able to spam the same exact thing within seconds of each world chat when it would tell me to not post messages so fast.

All I can figure is they are using some third party program to break the system.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Raps/canny prices

Guildies who leave because theres no 50 lvl 100+ whatever to herpderp fc for them, no million 100+ clerics to run AEU always when they want it and what not, I am happy how we got active players from ALL level ranges so people can actually get help from their own level range and play the game instead of us high levels playing it for them

Guildies complaining I dont invite enough certain lvl/class and when I ask if they want to be executor and help us rest then nooooo, they cannot do such thing.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Von_Skyler - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    I nearly forgot one more thing...Sins, Barbs, and BM's, usually around my level, trying to flex their e-penors and charging through instances with no buff's or help. Only thing that pisses me off more is when they rage quit when someone calls them out on their inability to solo every thing under the sun. b:scorn
    New Siggy, yay~
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've wondered how they are able to spam like that too. Same goes for the people in world chat able to spam the same exact thing within seconds of each world chat when it would tell me to not post messages so fast.

All I can figure is they are using some third party program to break the system.

Not that I want to encourage anyone to abuse this, but you can easily spam these invites through the squad window ( T ). Enter their name at the bottom right, and all you need to do is push one button repeatedly. I frequently use this when a member of a squad DCs and the squad moves on; instead of whispering them all the time, keep the T window open and spam that button. You'll get a bunch of "invalid user" or "offline", until the invite finally catches once the player logs back on.

I also believe that when the recipient of the invite denies said invite, the 30-second waiting period does not apply ( but not totally sure of that ). I've been spammed with invites before and I just let them sit.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I nearly forgot one more thing...Sins, Barbs, and BM's, usually around my level, trying to flex their e-penors and charging through instances with no buff's or help. Only thing that pisses me off more is when they rage quit when someone calls them out on their inability to solo every thing under the sun. b:scorn

People who use text colour to prove their individuality, point, uniqueness and end up using a colour that makes their post illegible. No offense but i skip over those posts, no matter how great they are.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think my pet peeve is char's with full inv when going in new instance/bh/tt/fws ect, second would probaly be clerics that heal you before you get agro on mobs then get facerolled by them all at once, then scream bloody murder on why i did not roar on my barb. It seems alot of noobs don't realise you cant roar and invoke at the same time b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Von_Skyler - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    People who use text colour to prove their individuality, point, uniqueness and end up using a colour that makes their post illegible. No offense but i skip over those posts, no matter how great they are.

People who automatically assume a person is using a different font color to prove their individuality, point, and uniqueness, when said person just likes the way blue font looks.

In a nut shell, assumptions~
    New Siggy, yay~
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    People who automatically assume a person is using a different font color to prove their individuality, point, and uniqueness, when said person just likes the way blue font looks.

I make no assumptions, but just want to say that blue text DOES make your
    posts virtually unreadable. Gotta say, I tend to skip them as well--too hard
    on the eyes.

Back on-topic: I get annoyed when I see a player wc'ing for help with some
    boss, so I pm them, offering my help. No response. So I wait a bit, thinking
    they may have missed it, and pm again. And again, no response--but I do
    see the player continuing to BEG for help in wc. This has happened several
    times lately--and I'm starting to take it personally.b:worried
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2013

But it's so hard to read b:cry. Even highlighting doesn't make it any prettier.

I was debating if i made an assumption or a generalisation, i am leaning towards generalisation.

ponyduck - could you be blacklisted?
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ponyduck wrote: »
    I make no assumptions, but just want to say that blue text DOES make your
    posts virtually unreadable. Gotta say, I tend to skip them as well--too hard
    on the eyes.

Back on-topic: I get annoyed when I see a player wc'ing for help with some
    boss, so I pm them, offering my help. No response. So I wait a bit, thinking
    they may have missed it, and pm again. And again, no response--but I do
    see the player continuing to BEG for help in wc. This has happened several
    times lately--and I'm starting to take it personally.b:worried

I agree with the blue text.

I also have that no reply problem, keeps wcing and ignores my help b:cry
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm sure it's been mentioned about players asking you to link your wep
    when forming a squad being an annoyance. But in kind of a turn-about on
    this topic, I always do something that I'm sure annoys others: when
    they wc looking for squad members, and say "link wep", I'll pm them
    saying I can go, and give my class & level.

When they invariably come back & ask me to link wep, I say "don't worry,
    it's good enough." There's always a pause, and I tend to enjoy what I
    imagine is going on at the other end. I'm a cleric, and usually the
    squads I offer to join are the ones who have been wc'ing over & over
    needing an ep, so you know they're kinda desperate. Now, does squad
    leader swallow his pride at being so rudely replied to by this uppity cleric,
    and invite anyway?

There's usually a pause, and one of two things then happen. First one,
    leader just says OK & invites me anyway. Second one, he flat out
    rejects me, saying all manner of abusive things, because I won't link my wep.
    Invariably some minutes later, the "knock-knock" squad invite comes.

I know, I'm mildly evil.

Fortunately, this practice of asking for wep link seems to be fading. I'm
    glad of it because it always annoys me (<--back on-topic, even tho it's
    no doubt redundant, old & uninteresting).

(Basically just waiting for the servers to come back up, lol)
  • _Elaiya_ - Heavens Tear
    _Elaiya_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    idiots in world chat. those who swear their horns off, insult each other, spam, etc, etc. We really should get a mute button:)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ponyduck wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been mentioned about players asking you to link your wep
    when forming a squad being an annoyance. But in kind of a turn-about on
    this topic, I always do something that I'm sure annoys others: when
    they wc looking for squad members, and say "link wep", I'll pm them
    saying I can go, and give my class & level.

When they invariably come back & ask me to link wep, I say "don't worry,
    it's good enough." There's always a pause, and I tend to enjoy what I
    imagine is going on at the other end. I'm a cleric, and usually the
    squads I offer to join are the ones who have been wc'ing over & over
    needing an ep, so you know they're kinda desperate. Now, does squad
    leader swallow his pride at being so rudely replied to by this uppity cleric,
    and invite anyway?

There's usually a pause, and one of two things then happen. First one,
    leader just says OK & invites me anyway. Second one, he flat out
    rejects me, saying all manner of abusive things, because I won't link my wep.
    Invariably some minutes later, the "knock-knock" squad invite comes.

I know, I'm mildly evil.

Fortunately, this practice of asking for wep link seems to be fading. I'm
    glad of it because it always annoys me (<--back on-topic, even tho it's
    no doubt redundant, old & uninteresting).

(Basically just waiting for the servers to come back up, lol)

I do something of the same thing. I'll pm class+ lv and say i dont join squads that require weapon link for bh, squad, whatever. If however they insist on a weap link, I will link weapon back, and once they see the +10, i get that knock knock... and i always deny invite. I had someone call me a wanker and BL me just the other day bc i refused inv after they insisted on a link for an extra dder. I did tell him i didnt join a squad if i was required to link, but hey he insisted.b:chuckle

I understand about the entire 'undergeared' issue, dont get me wrong. There was a cleric joined bh snake squad once that wanted a second healer, after checking gear was understandable why.. lv 77-85 gear. But its always easy to look at gear and say, were sorry, you cant live through this or your weapon is just to low and replace said person.

And as far as the person that BL me, for all he knew i coulda just stood there and auto attacked with my +10 r8 sword instead of debuffing/actually playing it. Its not all about refines/weapon.
  • mrcharlythree
    mrcharlythree Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    People who ask for help running an FB or cultivation boss in faction, then if nobody helps them that evening (or within the hour), quit faction and start shouting for help on wc.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    Also these help needers who already have a high lvl in squad.. Like I was told they need tank in 59, I joined squad.. lvl 101 archer in it. I left.

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Sins who QQ when they die

Sins who kill steal

Sins who appear from stealth, stunlock and APS **** YAY your character which would be completely able to kill said sin in other circumstances

Sins who rush and pull and fail

Sins who ruin my pulls

Sins who aps at Captivation

Sins who don't subsea or even earthen rift afterwards

Sins

• Cellerus - Archosaur
    Cellerus - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Sins who appear from stealth, stunlock and APS **** YAY your character which would be completely able to kill said sin in other circumstances

ig and watch them die b:chuckle
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    IG is always on CD when sins appear with my luck if I enter NW... xD o well AD helps unless I carry flag

• Colum - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Clerics who RB after my demon spark... I mean seriously.

• Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    IG is always on CD when sins appear with my luck if I enter NW... xD o well AD helps unless I carry flag

you're a barb and you die to aps sins? Please tell me they're S3 b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1