FC Glitch Update

Options

Comments

• Naychur - Harshlands
    Naychur - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I am just trying to make people aware there are alternative private servers ''psytrac'', the company cannot afford vast advertising like pwi since pwv is a FREE GAME!!!!!!! They make no profit and do it for OUR own entertainment! perhaps u did not like me posting this, but plz show some regard for your fellow players who may not have the money to compete in this game. and fyi 6 hours to some people IS 1-2 days, since some have jobs/school/kids/other obligations. rather then sitting on a computer for years of their life, hey im guilty of that too, but atleast i am aware of other players and not just my self. plz show some concideration and dont be so selfish.
  • Naychur - Harshlands
    Naychur - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    p.s u get 1k gold every 4 hours, r9 takes about 1.6k + rep, so that is 8 hours at the very least...nice try tho ;D
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Attn : I found this on the internet , freely available for anybody to view http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/annual_report.html . From the 2011 Annual Report ( filed May 11 2012 ) I have selected a few passages of interest .

My comments are in GREEN , Normal Text is copied and pasted from the 2011 Annual Report .

Game Life Span

In order for our business strategy to succeed over time, we will need to continually develop, launch and operate new online games or license or acquire new games that are commercially successful. We will need to do this to both replace our existing online games as they reach the end of their useful economic lives, which we believe are typically three to five years for most of our online games, and to meet our growth strategy of operating a larger number of online games that grow our overall player base and increase our revenues.

Existing Games

Although we currently have a number of new games in pipeline, and will target to develop and launch more games in the future, we cannot guarantee you that we will be able to successfully develop, launch and operate any of these new games. Accordingly, any of the following could materially and adversely affect our business, financial condition and results of operations:
    - failure by us to make quality upgrades, expansion packs, enhancements or improvements to the existing games in a timely manner;
    - any reduction in or failure to grow the player base of these existing games, any decrease in their popularity in the market due to intensifying competition or other factors;
    - any decrease in or failure to grow the amount of revenues generated from the existing games; or
    - any breach of game-related software security, prolonged server interruption due to network failures, hacking activities or other factors or any other adverse developments relating to our existing games.

Hacking / Cheating

Unauthorized character enhancements and other hacking or cheating activities could harm our business and reputation and materially and adversely affect our results of operations.... Continued occurrences of unauthorized character enhancements and other manipulations may negatively impact the image of our online games and players perception of their reliability, decrease the number of players, reduce the players interest in purchasing in-game items, shorten the life span of the games and adversely affect our results of operations. Furthermore, once we detect the players who have
    engaged in hacking or cheating activities, we generally suspend their access to their respective accounts, which may result in significant user dissatisfaction and cause some of these players to cease to play the game altogether.

Glitches

Undetected programming errors or flaws in our games or failure to maintain effective customer service could harm our reputation or decrease market acceptance of our games, which would materially and adversely affect our results of operations....From time to time, our players informed us of programming flaws affecting their game play experience, which we were generally able to resolve promptly.

Customer Service

If our games contain programming errors or other flaws, or if we inadvertently delete our customers records or otherwise fail to provide effective customer service, our customers may be less inclined to continue or resume playing our games or recommend our games to other potential customers, and may switch to our competitors games. Undetected programming errors, game defects and unsatisfactory customer service can disrupt our operations, adversely affect the game experience of our customers, harm our reputation, cause our customers to stop playing our games, and delay market acceptance of our games, any of which could materially and adversely affect our results of operations.... Furthermore, customer service, including in-game masters, is critical for retaining customers, and we may not be able to maintain and continuously improve the quality of our services to meet customers expectations....We also will need to continue to expand, train, manage and motivate our workforce, and manage our relationships with our distributors, customers, overseas licensees and third-party service providers.

The 2011 Annual Report is available in its entirety here http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/images/2011_ar.pdf . I have just selected a few passages that pricked my ears .

On the surface , they seem to recognize how their games need to be ran and the risks / consequences of failure to deliver. So how is it that the end result has gone so horribly horribly wrong b:sad b:sad
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    oxytorch wrote: »
    Attn : I found this on the internet , freely available for anybody to view http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/annual_report.html . From the 2011 Annual Report ( filed May 11 2012 ) I have selected a few passages of interest .

My comments are in GREEN , Normal Text is copied and pasted from the 2011 Annual Report .

Game Life Span

In order for our business strategy to succeed over time, we will need to continually develop, launch and operate new online games or license or acquire new games that are commercially successful. We will need to do this to both replace our existing online games as they reach the end of their useful economic lives, which we believe are typically three to five years for most of our online games, and to meet our growth strategy of operating a larger number of online games that grow our overall player base and increase our revenues.

Existing Games

Although we currently have a number of new games in pipeline, and will target to develop and launch more games in the future, we cannot guarantee you that we will be able to successfully develop, launch and operate any of these new games. Accordingly, any of the following could materially and adversely affect our business, financial condition and results of operations:
    - failure by us to make quality upgrades, expansion packs, enhancements or improvements to the existing games in a timely manner;
    - any reduction in or failure to grow the player base of these existing games, any decrease in their popularity in the market due to intensifying competition or other factors;
    - any decrease in or failure to grow the amount of revenues generated from the existing games; or
    - any breach of game-related software security, prolonged server interruption due to network failures, hacking activities or other factors or any other adverse developments relating to our existing games.

Hacking / Cheating

Unauthorized character enhancements and other hacking or cheating activities could harm our business and reputation and materially and adversely affect our results of operations.... Continued occurrences of unauthorized character enhancements and other manipulations may negatively impact the image of our online games and players perception of their reliability, decrease the number of players, reduce the players interest in purchasing in-game items, shorten the life span of the games and adversely affect our results of operations. Furthermore, once we detect the players who have
    engaged in hacking or cheating activities, we generally suspend their access to their respective accounts, which may result in significant user dissatisfaction and cause some of these players to cease to play the game altogether.

Glitches

Undetected programming errors or flaws in our games or failure to maintain effective customer service could harm our reputation or decrease market acceptance of our games, which would materially and adversely affect our results of operations....From time to time, our players informed us of programming flaws affecting their game play experience, which we were generally able to resolve promptly.

Customer Service

If our games contain programming errors or other flaws, or if we inadvertently delete our customers records or otherwise fail to provide effective customer service, our customers may be less inclined to continue or resume playing our games or recommend our games to other potential customers, and may switch to our competitors games. Undetected programming errors, game defects and unsatisfactory customer service can disrupt our operations, adversely affect the game experience of our customers, harm our reputation, cause our customers to stop playing our games, and delay market acceptance of our games, any of which could materially and adversely affect our results of operations.... Furthermore, customer service, including in-game masters, is critical for retaining customers, and we may not be able to maintain and continuously improve the quality of our services to meet customers expectations....We also will need to continue to expand, train, manage and motivate our workforce, and manage our relationships with our distributors, customers, overseas licensees and third-party service providers.

The 2011 Annual Report is available in its entirety here http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/images/2011_ar.pdf . I have just selected a few passages that pricked my ears .

On the surface , they seem to recognize how their games need to be ran and the risks / consequences of failure to deliver. So how is it that the end result has gone so horribly horribly wrong b:sad b:sad

Woha "We will need to do
    this to both replace our existing online games as they reach the end of their useful economic lives, which we
    believe are typically three to five years for most of our online games"b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • XTrigger - Archosaur
    XTrigger - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Woha "We will need to do
    this to both replace our existing online games as they reach the end of their useful economic lives, which we
    believe are typically three to five years for most of our online games"b:laugh

b:surrender Isn't PWI 4 years old this year?
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

CHHEEEEEWWWWWWwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!b:shedtear

b:embarrass___Oh Darn!????!!
    I've Seemed too have Splatted something? Back Up, Onto Everyones Screens??!!!!b:fatb

Sorry! About that..................... Must be an Allergy???????b:quiet

PS: BuMpItY! BUMP!!!!!!!!(b:avoid)

Back to Page #1 it is.........HEHHEHEHEHEEHEHeheeheeeee......^o^'
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Back to the first page you go!
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    Reaperarm - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    "We will need to do
    believe are typically three to five years for most of our online games"

Typical mode of operation for a game company such as PWE. Get the licenses to run the game, build a nice player base with said game, when the time is right pump them dry till it dies. All the while they keep operating costs to a bare minimum. Hence the issue we have here with no gm to player communication and no resolvement of issues such as the goon glitch in a timely manner. As well as no punishment for the abusers of that glitch.
    If you find yourself hopelessly pulled towards running into massive amounts of mobs in a vain attempt to aoe them all to death.......You just might be a bm.
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Oh no no no no no. We're not done here Mr. Thread.b:angry

Back to the top you go.b:bye
    If you find yourself hopelessly pulled towards running into massive amounts of mobs in a vain attempt to aoe them all to death.......You just might be a bm.
  • Alchemystt - Heavens Tear
    Alchemystt - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Good job. Now where is the action for the Nirv Caster Glitchers? Still waiting for an update.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1327771

your a jerk
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Good job. Now where is the action for the Nirv Caster Glitchers? Still waiting for an update.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1327771

Answered : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16693581&postcount=192
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So I take it this has become a +1 thread? Since we are mindless bumping it and not really adding IMPORTANT and USEFUL posts to this thread anymore.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So I take it this has become a +1 thread? Since we are mindless bumping it and not really adding IMPORTANT and USEFUL posts to this thread anymore.

Yeah it's pretty much become the "keep the hate for gms alive thread"

Purple
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    thank you for contributing to it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Oh No! You're not going off the first page Mr. Thread!!!
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ..+12
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited May 2012
    Options
    +13 refined gear say whaaA?
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    this statement is false
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    this statement is false

That statement is true.
  • ImperfectDan - Archosaur
    ImperfectDan - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    OH YEAH GRATZ.... and what about who DIDNT abuse of that **** glitch??? its not fair.. next time a glitch comes i will ABUSE ON ALL MY TOONS.. since i will just have 7 days of ban

ALL R EQUAL FOR LAW???? not HERE....

funny how PRIVATE servers r growin so much.. and pwi is losin alwas more users.... ... u wonder why??.....
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I'm impressed /dry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • fearstrike
    fearstrike Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Looks like the GM's altogether stopped posting on this thread, haha, any thoughts? No wonder they're making the level cap 109. So people will shut up about 105 and they can go "Its legit"
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    this Statement Is False
    truekossy wrote: »
    that Statement Is True.

Impossibru!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kda89
    kda89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ntkn wrote: »
    or how about KFC?

why don't we call it KTB (kill the b-ish) ;..;
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    fearstrike wrote: »
    No wonder they're making the level cap 109.

b:puzzled

But even if they did, that accomplishes nothing. Not unless they change the amount of exp needed to get there, so that we could reach 105 as easily as 102-103.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

PWE still doesn't give a **** I see.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    b:puzzled

But even if they did, that accomplishes nothing. Not unless they change the amount of exp needed to get there, so that we could reach 105 as easily as 102-103.

To be honest... I think the EXP to get to 105 is actually the EXP requirement to get to 109~120

My logic is if you look at the EXP table after you hit 99 the exp requirement skyrockets up.
    It's more noticeable after 100 but going from needing 30mil for 99 to 67mil for 100 to 267mil for 101 and so forth is a very drastic change.

See source here.

Compared to the previous levels that don't have even close to that EXP increments
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Reaperarm - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Options
    AH HA! I found you Mr. thread. Back up you go.

Taking bets on how long before thread gets closed.
  • DreamDrops - Dreamweaver
    DreamDrops - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Please Mr Reaperarm,

'If I place a bet' on the life of this thread the Mod's & GM's no longer want to read.

Can I be paid in Tokens???? Pretty Pretty Please :)

As they, as a cheaper low end form of currency for mana/crab etc. has now been messed with as well.
    There are NO Adults in this World,

Just old Children, with Wrinkles b:chuckle
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Damn! This thread still hasn't been closed lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.