FC Glitch Update

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    We're not going to perma-ban a huge portion of the player-base.

Why not? Other gaming companies do it.

Arenanet for exemple :
    Today we terminated more than 3,700 accounts for botting and match manipulation. In cases where guilds were found to be involved in these activities, the guilds were also disbanded. More than a dozen such guilds were disbanded and many others are under continued investigation. Todays actions are significant not simply because of their immediate impact but also because they represent a new era in enforcement for us.

What are you afraid of?

I doubt 3700 account used the glitch to level their chars to 105...

What we need to do now is learn from these mistakes and move forward, looking toward the future of PWI.

For me, PWI don't have any future. You can be certain of one thing : You'll never get any more money from me unless you fix this major goof of yours in an appropriate manner.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Why were the 105 insurrect lost city sins unbanne and other lost city sins not?
    Here we go again....
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    karmelia wrote: »
    Why not? Other gaming companies do it.

Arenanet for example :

"Today we terminated more than 3,700 accounts for botting and match manipulation. In cases where guilds were found to be involved in these activities, the guilds were also disbanded. More than a dozen such guilds were disbanded and many others are under continued investigation. Todays actions are significant not simply because of their immediate impact but also because they represent a new era in enforcement for us."

If you want to be taken seriously as a company, you have to make serious decisions.... of which PWE does not know how to do. Take note PW....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    It was a failure on our part in not fixing the issue quickly, and a failure on the glitching players' part for breaking the rules.
    Frankie, I am going to be frank, and speak out in the way you know I do. I am no apologetic about this, and I feel it HAS to be said.

Why in the hell did PWE not take action and CLOSE FC when this glitch was discovered? it's very easy to do, and it should have been done the second it was found out.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Frankie, I am going to be frank, and speak out in the way you know I do. I am no apologetic about this, and I feel it HAS to be said.

Why in the hell did PWE not take action and CLOSE FC when this glitch was discovered? it's very easy to do, and it should have been done the second it was found out.

probably because the cash was streaming in either from their sales or from the glitch or the 2 thing combined. they rather pretend to do something and let the money come in instead of losing money and actually doing something.

i am sure if it would actually make more money they would actually get something done. anyone thinking that fixing glitches will earn them more money when u take into account the effort which is better used to chuck out the nxt expansion faster and add some more bugged is delusional.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • CharlieTuna - Dreamweaver
    CharlieTuna - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    a quick thought:

when it broke to the general community in Dreamweaver that this glitch was possible and how it was done (ie. "FC Cookies"), it took less than a week for a facebook "likes" 2x event to begin, not to mention hyper exp stone sale in the cash shop. coincidence?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    IMO probably because the QQ would have made this QQ look minuscule if FCC was closed for 4 months. Think about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ArenaNet wrote:
    Today we terminated more than 3,700 accounts for botting and match manipulation. In cases where guilds were found to be involved in these activities, the guilds were also disbanded. More than a dozen such guilds were disbanded and many others are under continued investigation. Todays actions are significant not simply because of their immediate impact but also because they represent a new era in enforcement for us.

...and oddly enough ArenaNet is still doing VERY well and has one of (if not THE) most anticipated games right now. Sometimes you have to grow a pair and do what's necessary. They even made the mass banning an amusing event for the rest of us. It was hilarious to watch a lot of those people get taken out of the game.

*waits for this post to disappear*
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    ...and oddly enough ArenaNet is still doing VERY well and has one of (if not THE) most anticipated games right now. Sometimes you have to grow a pair and do what's necessary. They even made the mass banning an amusing event for the rest of us. It was hilarious to watch a lot of those people get taken out of the game.

*waits for this post to disappear*

3.7k users is probably not a massive portion of their playerbase. Banning "all gooners" here, not the worst offenders, would probably be a large portion of each server. Just estimating probably 60%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    though u forget their definition of worst offender is randomly picking a few people (like 1%) who did goons. chances are their definition of all gooners might just be randomly banning 50% of the people that actually gooned XD
    Without once retreating,
  • sweetandkind
    sweetandkind Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    For anyone's information, the glitch exists in the Chinese version as well, and they "fixed" it the same way as our version did. What I'm gathering is that since the original dev team of the game is no longer hired by PW Beijing, the current team is incompetent and unable to fix anything within the original code.

4 months is not the quickest they could have reacted by any means. If this was a top issue they could have done an emergency update where instead of localizing a chinese update they could have directly requested a patch to the us version.

They could have had GMs stop this by doing real time monitoring in game.

But why would they do that when the charm sales and rank 9 sales benefit and there is no direct financial harm at all caused by this? This is the pinnacle of what they have been pushing for with all the hyper FCC exclusive to our version of the game.

Making leveling as easy as they can means more money. PWE supported this and players realized it.
  • karmelia
    edited April 2012
    That can be easily done upon investigating the game logs. b:cute

I'm wondering if they are really keeping those logs. And if yes, for how long they are keeping them....
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    Pearlwood - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I think the point was that by letting the glitch exist for as long as it did, some responsibility resides with PWI. In this regard, the temporary ban was eminently fair. I knew some players that thought the glitch was legal because everybody was doing it for so long (except me). I saw one player lay an undined frenzied MS on about 100 mobs in there and it was amazing. I didn't participate and watched secretly from a distance.
  • karmelia
    edited April 2012
    i Just Realized, Ever Since Frankie Has Stepped Onto The Scene, Pwi Has Been Ignoring Their Players.

I Say We Vote For A New Cm
    B:bye

Bring Back Spoon!!!!!!

• sweetandkind
    sweetandkind Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I think the point was that by letting the glitch exist for as long as it did, some responsibility resides with PWI. In this regard, the temporary ban was eminently fair. I knew some players that thought the glitch was legal because everybody was doing it for so long (except me). I saw one player lay an undined frenzied MS on about 100 mobs in there and it was amazing. I didn't participate and watched secretly from a distance.

They should just bring it back and call it legal. Its not really different than all the selling heads people do these days.. just faster.

Also to "watch secretly" means you were in the same instance and were getting your share of the XP. How are you doing that and claiming not to participate?
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ok.
    Let me ask you this in counter question...
    how does a punishment for goon glitching and changing your head size or getting an EG eye on your head can be compare...? *sigh*

Also, a question to pwi community...
    if a player here does support this stupid punishment, would not you agree that the same player has glitched goons on his /her alt.....
    Quile or watever the rat ****...my reason for calling u a glitcher, is simply because you people are so afraid of getting ban and losing your e-life that you start posting from your noob toons to support this type of dis-apt punishment.
    ill rest all my arguements with you with only one sentence..go get a REAL life!..

Heres another way to compare it properly....

How does it compare too The (7-day Ban) I got in 'Year-1' By Solo (Glitch/Thrashing) Gouff "So I could finish up with that part of the needed quest line (The only time I ever did it, BTW.) " with my 40'ish level Character, who needed it finished; and could not find anyone too help finish with it. (Since I was only on then at the times, that the server was usually way dead & everyone was pretty much (Offline or Sleeping)....

Compare too, a (7-day) ban for someone who may have violated the {ToS} up too & Over (20-times) in up too and over (20-payed Gitch runs in JFC) too level say just 2 characters, compare???
    b:surrender

Should not that (7-Day) Ban (Overlap) for EACH Calculated (GLitch Run/Count) that they took (For Say) every run past the first 3 (runs/times), that they knowingly Violated the {ToS} rules...........b:question

For Example:

A player does (25-Glitch Runs) for the said (2-Characters); he doesn't get punished for the first 3, but for the next (22 Runs) they each, pile in a punishment of (7 days) ban for those characters.....

So in the end the combined {Ban Total} is a Banning for=(154 Day's Banning (total/combined) 7x22)

Divide that into:

The first character~(Which Did) "12-Glitch Runs" The first 3 are Freebies, so that character get's a Ban, for the remaining (9-runs) or (63 day's)

The Second Character~ (Which Did) "13-Runs" gets the full (13x7-Day) Punishment of (91 Days) of Banning....

Or say an (Account) also had a 'Calculated limit of 'Glitched Runs' it could accomplish" B4 getting a (Permanent) Account Ban.......(Say the Limit was set at {56-Runs} or (7-runs) per Character Slot.)

Doesn't it sound Fairer, just too (Perma) Ban the account, fully; once that Number was exceeded, then to simply ban only 1 character on the (Violating Account) for a Pathetic (7-days) while leaving all other character's on the account, Fully Playable in a Laughably Faux Punishment Attempt???b:puzzled

Doesn't that sound like a more equitable System of punishment, then the 'Bad Joke' of a System; that they've shown here on this one, Already.....b:victory

And yes, It's still far from flawless... since this form of punishment "If actually based off of an estimated 'XP Gain (Hyperstoned)' per 'Estimated' Run" would (primarily) only focus on the worst of those who (Payed for) & (Hypered) through, for (XP) And not on those, who Actually Ran.. The actual runs into the {FC}....

But this sort of system could still be a building block, to a system; that could also nail those who ran the 'Payed Glitch Service' (Perhaps the (ADMINs) have a Squad History, in the offending Character Account History Logs) That will be able to identify the (Highest level Characters) on those runs, and they can check those 'Characters Accounts' themselves; and be able to Calculate a Coin Gain Per listed Number of Recognized (Squad Runs) type of punishment, for the (JFC) Runners, aswell.....
    b:kiss
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    expecting pwi to shift through hundreds of pages of logs is like asking for world peace, especially when said company takes order from mother company in china.
    Without once retreating,
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I removed posts that were talking about specific disciplinary actions taken against a user. Please refrain from it.
    edited April 2012
    expecting pwi to shift through hundreds of pages of logs is like asking for world peace, especially when said company takes order from mother company in china.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/ranking

Oh wow! Would ya look at that! Already sorted!:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/ranking

Oh wow! Would ya look at that! Already sorted!:D

Again the idea that high level = worst goons abusers.

There are people who gooned from 1-103 that wouldn't be banned by your "sorting".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    not all 105 are gooned, most yes. not to mention there are plenty of people who gooned 1-101 or similar, theres also gooned like 102-103, etc etc 105s are just most obvious, but thats actually just a small FRACTION of the actual gooners.
    Without once retreating,
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    3.7k users is probably not a massive portion of their playerbase. Banning "all gooners" here, not the worst offenders, would probably be a large portion of each server. Just estimating probably 60%.

It wasn't a massive portion of their playerbase, but it was very public and not temporary.

I seriously doubt that banning everybody that glitched goons would result in 60% of the players vanishing from each server. The game is doing a lot worse than I thought if that's even remotely true. Seeing 60% of a server's population go poof because people decide to pack up and leave because the game is being run by a bunch of idiots might be realistic.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    IMO probably because the QQ would have made this QQ look minuscule if FCC was closed for 4 months. Think about it.
    and the sad part? any private server dev would have had it fixed up in 20 minutes...
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I removed posts that were talking about specific disciplinary actions taken against a user. Please refrain from it.

Shelly I'm glad you are back from break to contain the chaos. Though I'm sure you are not lol
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012

There are people who gooned from 1-103 that wouldn't be banned by your "sorting".

However, it was a good reference if they took immediate action on it. The ranking system made it painfully obvious on who was using the glitch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited April 2012

There's a huge difference between being "high level" and being a lvl 104-105 arcane. Will there be exceptions to those whom legitimately grinded to that lvl, yes. People have goals. However with this large of a volume of abusers, it's gotten to the point where they only need to sort through the handful of honest players. I think at this point it's a matter of dropping everyone, and if someone has a legitimate claim to their lvl 103-105, they contact PW to have it reinstated. Thus, PW will only have to sift through 10% of the affected player's logs, if that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, them dang Chineses! This PW isn't PWI it's PW: Waiting for Godot Version. b:shutup

Sure, then what about the people who glitched from 1-101? Isn't that bad too? More people with no gear who don't know how to play at 101, yay! Perhaps its worse than glitching from 104-105? Who makes that judgement? You?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ASS_ASS__IN - Lost City
    ASS_ASS__IN - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Good Job Shelly keep it up :)
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    and the sad part? any private server dev would have had it fixed up in 20 minutes...

Perhaps a kindhearted private server dev could code the fix and send it to China? b:mischievousb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EmeraldFire - Lost City
    EmeraldFire - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    This entire situation is just one big headache. People in this game are going to QQ anyway you look at it. I really wish you would give the gms a break. This was never their fault, they tried to deal with it for the player base (primarily the people posting about it where QQers- now we have the people who got banned speaking up). Play the game and have fun, stop QQing about everything under the ruddy sun. Make the glitch legal, put it back in game, let them all be 105 then they will all shut up.
This discussion has been closed.