FC Glitch Update

Comments

• paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Sir, you are terribly mistaking me for someone who is employed and paid by the company. I'm a volunteer forum mod, and as that I can only remind you that the company will not directly respond to any inquiries regarding user bans.

so you are basically saying that bans were given out to random people who abused frost glitch, then a few elite people can have their bans removed early because they have "connections" and i cant get an explanation why?

so you are saying i must get the same connections and can do whatever the hell i want to and not have to pay any consequences.

this is terrible customer service.

*w2 cannot be released fast enough.
    Here we go again....
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    This is truly epically hilarious. PWI has trolled you all. Did you think they were seriously going to ban for a glitch a year ago where you kill a lot of mobs just because someone made a thread about an update?

They're trolling you and laughing their ***** off. Your tears feed them.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • paralleogram
    edited April 2012
    As Shelly stated disciplinary action administered to specific players is not an allowed topic of discussion on this forum, as it's a privacy issue.

ok without mentioning names why were a handful of people unbanned early?
    Here we go again....
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    so you are basically saying that bans were given out to random people who abused frost glitch, then a few elite people can have their bans removed early because they have "connections" and i cant get an explanation why?

so you are saying i must get the same connections and can do whatever the hell i want to and not have to pay any consequences.

this is terrible customer service.

*w2 cannot be released fast enough.

I'm saying that I'm not servicing any customers, and that I can't give you any information that can't be given to me. You won't get an answer for me, and as I mentioned, neither from the team.
  • Emancipator - Lost City
    Emancipator - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    PWI democracy remember me north korea b:kissb:kiss
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I go to bed; thread @ page 27. I wake up; thread at page 34. Honestly, I didn't know that there was enough people left browsing the forums of this game, to make a thread go that fast. Remember the good ol' pack thread back in the day? Lol. Like, 300 pages of people wanting packs out of the cash shop. Ah, the first signs PWE was buying into other games (which all failed, ultimately).

This thread is amusing. Mods are unhappy. Players are unhappy. Frankieraye seems delighted. Emotionless, lol. I wouldn't expect more from a staff member of PWE.
  • MrFortySeven - Harshlands
    MrFortySeven - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I go to bed; thread @ page 27. I wake up; thread at page 34. Honestly, I didn't know that there was enough people left browsing the forums of this game, to make a thread go that fast. Remember the good ol' pack thread back in the day? Lol. Like, 300 pages of people wanting packs out of the cash shop. Ah, the first signs PWE was buying into other games (which all failed, ultimately).

This thread is amusing. Mods are unhappy. Players are unhappy. Frankieraye seems delighted. Emotionless, lol. I wouldn't expect more from a staff member of PWE.

Yup, today will mark the "OFFICIAL" day of DEATH for this game. Chaos will ensue with all current players breaking all sorts of rules and "ToS", forcing new players to get frustrated and leave. That doesn't matter though right, as long as PWE has their current cash shopping customers. That apparently they're too afraid to lose by actually UPHOLDING their own rules! This WILL hurt them (BAD) in the long run. Especially when you have people like me who wouldn't recommend this game to their worst enemy at this point (not even as a free player)... Eventually the people that cash shop and / or glitched to 105 will get bored and quit and then the game will be officially dead (as in them shutting down the servers). When they COULD do things the RIGHT way. Actually UPHOLD their own rules (maybe lose a few 'customers' in the process), but then at least new people would continue to roll in...

Oh well, I guess they really do want this game to die... Now I will just sit tight until the announcement rolls in that the servers will be going down for good.
  • Umivee - Dreamweaver
    Umivee - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Lol at whom ever posted about linking real death to in-game death.

We all do that on a daily or so bases to play. Trollololol!
  • MrFortySeven - Harshlands
    MrFortySeven - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    While I'm currently on a break from the game since the recent announcement, I've heard from friends on my server there has been an increase in violations - including PK in SP, with people publicly announcing "they don't care cuz they ain't gettin' punished".

How lovely.

^^^ This ~~ as my proof of impending game death ^^^

The sad thing is, this entire thread is proof that they indeed don't care !
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    S0 ya can s0me0ne kindly explain why pretty much all leaders of the maj0r TW facs 0n HT were unbanned :D? N0t saying that I want them t0 be banned c.c but really just w0ndering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Oo_Spud_oO - Sanctuary
    Oo_Spud_oO - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    This punishment is laughable if it was not so serious, random bans for 1 week, sad very sad, and the excuse that its PW fault for not fixing the glitch does not wash.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Looks like they are deleting posts again. Lmao.
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited April 2012
    As Shelly stated disciplinary action administered to specific players is not an allowed topic of discussion on this forum, as it's a privacy issue.

maybe you should worry less about the privacy issue and more about how you are ****ing up the game issue, how you are handing out ludicrous bans that force your player base away issue, that you are not even sticking to the pitiful 7 day bans you have given people but are unbanning them early issue
    or maybe for once do something that shows your player base that you do give a damn issue
  • Umivee - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Looks like they are deleting posts again. Lmao.

I know! lol

--

Where did Shelly's post go. ... my sides
  • IGhost - Harshlands
    IGhost - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Man, all you needed to do was reset lvls to 103, or 100 so they have to do 1 lvl normal fcs to use their r9s again ,and everyone wouldve been more than happy. No creativity or did yall just planned to do want ever is easier so it be over anyhow..
  • chaoticshelly
    edited April 2012
    I can ssure you, the only posts that have been deleted were deleted because they violate the forum guidelines to an extreme extant, not because the opinions expressed in them are against the company, its staff or the game.

@Umivee - Dreamweaver I just had to check and reposted now. b:thanks
  • Umivee - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    I can ssure you, the only posts that have been deleted were deleted because they violate the forum guidelines to an extreme extant, not because the opinions expressed in them are against the company, its staff or the game.

@Umivee - Dreamweaver I just had to check and reposted now. b:thanks

Oh ok <3s
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2012

I'm definitely not delighted, nor emotionless. The instance boss wasn't changed quickly enough by a longshot, and the end-result was widespread exploitation. We're not going to perma-ban a huge portion of the player-base. We're not going to roll-back 8 months worth of peoples' effort. It was a failure on our part in not fixing the issue quickly, and a failure on the glitching players' part for breaking the rules. What we need to do now is learn from these mistakes and move forward, looking toward the future of PWI.

We're going to ahead and turn on 2x EXP/Spirit for one month, from 4/25 to 5/23. I know it's not a solution to this situation, but it should be something that we can build on.
  • warcrafte
    warcrafte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    FRANKIE
    plz this is very important we do not want to harm ppl by asking u 2 bann them we need to MAKE THEM STOP RUINING OUR PVP so why not reset everyone's lvl to 103 ??? no one was higher than 103 before the glitch or idk find a solution because higher lvl sins or archers now r ruining everything and that would give us more competition and more to achieve i know plenty of ppl who stopped CSing and quitted game cuz of that glitch so FRANKIE could u plz for on this then all the QQers would shut up and u would prove that gms r actually FAIR
    36pages of complains so far don't u think that all the pwi community ask u 2 do more?or r all our comments useless ? plz FRANKIE ik that u r fair and u r trying ur best 2 make this game playable but it's just not enough .............................
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Franky, it seems you forgot to add the "/drops" part in your sentence b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Emancipator - Lost City
    Emancipator - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'm definitely not delighted, nor emotionless. The instance boss wasn't changed quickly enough by a longshot, and the end-result was widespread exploitation. We're not going to perma-ban a huge portion of the player-base. We're not going to roll-back 8 months worth of peoples' effort. It was a failure on our part in not fixing the issue quickly, and a failure on the glitching players' part for breaking the rules. What we need to do now is learn from these mistakes and move forward, looking toward the future of PWI.

We're going to ahead and turn on 2x EXP/Spirit for one month, from 4/25 to 5/23. I know it's not a solution to this situation, but it should be something that we can build on.

panis et circenses <----
  • frankieraye
    edited April 2012
    Franky, it seems you forgot to add the "/drops" part in your sentence b:surrender

It's just Exp/Spirit, since the whole FC ordeal was based on Exp rates.
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    Monkeytoes - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2012

lol....so now exploiting glitches is considered effort?
    love how the 2x wont start for another week, so that those banned won't miss any of it!
  • paralleogram
    edited April 2012
    Some ppl who were removed from ranking are unbanned

Why the favoritism
    Here we go again....
  • warcrafte
    warcrafte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012

LOL frankie u know better than me that hyper+2x do not stack instead of x12 we get x13 so pretty mutch NOTHING
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    love how the 2x wont start for another week, so that those banned won't miss any of it!

...it was as much "effort" as anything else you'd do in game. Killing thousands of mobs is no less effort than afking.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • FrostGlitch - Lost City
    FrostGlitch - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    and its not naming and shaming. i am giving an example.

a high level sin was banned. qq'd on forums, wc and probably had her large CSing guild spam tickets and is now unbanned. also, probably because her guild mate is known for being very good friends with frankie.... another reason why HE was never banned for any of his breakage of TOS.

I would like to know the reasoning behind this.

why is it there are select few people can get away with anything?

it is not a rumor. i saw it with my own eyes.

explain it or have someone who will.

do your job as a customer service rep aka PWI staff and get my question answered.

You can't always get what you waaaaaaaaaant.
  • frankieraye
    edited April 2012

Glitch lasted 4 months, I'm counting everything people have done since November.
  • chaoticshelly
    edited April 2012
    ...it was as much "effort" as anything else you'd do in game. Killing thousands of mobs is no less effort than afking.

While it takes effort, it shouldn't have been available to begin with, nor should it have been available for as long as it did. It does feel like exploiters are being commended for their efforts, while the rest of the players who avoided from violating the (now useless) ToS - have been punished far greatly than those who did.
  • paralleogram
    edited April 2012
    You can't always get what you waaaaaaaaaant.

How many of your friends did you get off by knowing Frankie

Why are some ppl removed from rankings due to frost glitch unbanne when you said it was a 7 day ban
    Here we go again....
This discussion has been closed.