RIP Enrage!

Options

Comments

• Xatem - Heavens Tear
    Xatem - Heavens Tear Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    RoC is not back and will never be back. The few of us with ties to RoC simply went to back to our old home before Enrage existed. We welcome the new friends we've made over the years into our small TW community, but we will not be rebuilding it.

If we decide to re-join the major TW scene again, we will join another faction we find acceptable. I wonder if any major faction will be interested in ~15 people of questionable reputation but undeniable skill and experience for their TW uses :P

Start over and make your own? 15 is a good founding start off.
    "When everything is said and done
    So looking for answers if only one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Turn my back the urge has gone
    Left with no reason we come undone...."
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    If we decide to re-join the major TW scene again, we will join another faction we find acceptable. I wonder if any major faction will be interested in ~15 people of questionable reputation but undeniable skill and experience for their TW uses :P

You make it sound like very skilled criminals b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Start over and make your own? 15 is a good founding start off.

Why would I want to do that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The few of us with ties to RoC simply went to back to our old home before Enrage existed.

QQ... I don't think I am welcome back to my "home" before Enrage. Although I did heard that they have a thread for every application. And in certain applicants... spawn killing is a big no no. LOL.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    QQ... I don't think I am welcome back to my "home" before Enrage. Although I did heard that they have a thread for every application. And in certain applicants... spawn killing is a big no no. LOL.

They do have a thread for every app. Some of them get quite long and heated b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    They do have a thread for every app. Some of them get quite long and heated b:laugh

WTF... I hit 104 yesterday after hours of vos and ff... and my freaking icon still shows 103.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    You make it sound like very skilled criminals b:shocked

Fitting, for ex-Enrage cores no?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Xatem - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Why would I want to do that?

Eh. If you cant join em. Start your own and make it better. Just a thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Eh. If you cant join em. Start your own and make it better. Just a thought.

I'll let you know if we can or cannot join 'em in case we ever decide to try applying to 'em. Who knows we might get lucky b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

We should make guilds pay us to join them.

Something like 10m per week per person + initial payment of webcam session by a suitable female member to Best BM. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    We should make guilds pay us to join them.

Something like 10m per week per person + initial payment of webcam session by a suitable female member to Best BM. b:cute

Drakon comes in mind somehow....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Drakon comes in mind somehow....

He did say 10m, not 10 dragon dollars.
  • legionexcel
    legionexcel Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

Minor issue, the bigger picture in the application you refer to might have been one of trust, considering the person in question was also the one sharing enrage forums with other factions
    b:shutup
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Minor issue, the bigger picture in the application you refer to might have been one of trust, considering the person in question was also the one sharing enrage forums with other factions

Ahhhh trust... must be why only half of the server and their dogs instead of all know whats going on in rad's forum.

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options

Don't know which one you're talking about cuz spawn killing seems to be a popular sore spot for Rad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • legionexcel
    legionexcel Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Ahhhh trust... must be why only half of the server and their dogs instead of all know whats going on in rad's forum.

Very true, but believing you can trust someone and knowing 100% you can't are two different things.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Don't know which one you're talking about cuz spawn killing seems to be a popular sore spot for Rad

Rad... spawn killing... good memories. Believe it or not... a +6 stun xbow spawn barrage hurts tt60/70 armors more then +12 r9 spawn barrage on nirv/r9 armors.

• Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

Some reason petty things take up the most time makes me glad im retired.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Some reason petty things take up the most time makes me glad im retired.

Take me with you b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Does anyone who uses the HT forum section actually still play lol. Seems everyone has quit xD
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Does anyone who uses the HT forum section actually still play lol. Seems everyone has quit xD

Hey, I still play.

On certain days of the weekend.

Between the hours of 8 and 11 PM server time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Darkhawkbarb - Heavens Tear
    Darkhawkbarb - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    im still here way too much
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

does sitting at south count. if so, i still "play"
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • Xatem - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options

Im on break but I still play. I take short vacations and come back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The day is finally here, where Enrage is officially dead.

I don't want to make this too long, but it may end up that way as this is the last, official thread for Enrage. I am only going to talk about the past while of Enrage, not the entire history.

Only a few months ago, Enrage was at the top of the faction chain. Eating people up in TW, practically steam rolling everybody. Things were normal in Enrage. People were having their fun doing what it was that they enjoyed and besides little bits of drama every now and then, the faction was strong.

As time went on after those few months, Enrage's spirit began to die off. It first became noticeable when drama between leadership and the "Karma" group became public, and roughly 20 people left to follow Jenguin to her faction. This was the first severe blow for Enrage. We had lost a good amount of our seasoned TW'ers, but even with that loss, we were okay as a faction. GD won their first 1v1 against Enrage shortly after that group left, but we had fun nonetheless. I congratulate GD for coming such a long way and being able to defeat Enrage in a 1v1 TW. You deserve the title of #1 TW faction as of right now. :)

After that point, PWI had announced an official map reset, and that it was going to be done again every 6 months. This announcement was another huge blow to Enrage as it meant a good portion of our time, would be spent dealing with noob TW's, and having no fun at all. This was especially so if factions were on another side of the map from us. A lot of people did not like this update, and it was a huge shot to Enrage. The part of the game we specialized in, was basically gone. More people had left the faction due to this update, for obvious reasons. After that, more people started to spill out left right and center for various reasons such as real life issues, not wanting to be in a dying faction, bored of the game, etc etc. For whatever reasons people had, Enrage was dying off, and we were left with about 165 people.

A good portion of the active Enrage members left had been spending their time on another game, and this caused ill-content with a lot of people. It made some people leave, it made some people go inactive and it caused too much unnecessary drama. I am not going into further detail on this part.

The next big hit to Enrage was the leaving of the likes of Aesthor, scrubby, Kyia, Kashin etc. A massive argument between some of the officers and the leaders broke out on the officer forums, and at one point, it caused said group leader, Aesthor (yes you're the leader!) to leave. Surely with the loss of probably our 10~ strongest people, it was done after that. After that as well, people kept pouring out of the faction and we ended up with only 129 or so people after that week. Within just a short while, Enrage had lost roughly 70 people.

Last week's TW came, and we managed to defend 2/3 lands with only 55 online. Was too bad we couldn't show to SilvrDigrz, because I'm sure it would have been fun. Once the weekend had past, to present day, Enrage was left with 112 people. I don't know who left at that point.

Now, we come to what happened today. There was a thread on the Enrage forums requesting something be done so the faction doesn't die, via Dajaji. The thread turned into me finally (long overdue..) stepping up and basically saying "I am willing to take leadership of the faction, and get us back up." Anne ended up saying no to the idea, as well as other requests the previous day to give up lead. I tried my hardest to convince her to give me leadership, because we could have recovered, or at least I felt we could have. The final answer was no, and in one last ditch effort, a do or die situation, I asked that if people wanted the faction to keep going, and to not just die off like it was heading, that they take the time to post on that thread, and show Anne their support for me getting lead. I forced nobody to post, and roughly within 20 minutes, at least a dozen people spoke up and supported the idea of a lead change/me getting it. A few minutes after, the forums were locked to where nobody could post on it, and Anne/Zaph logged on to PWI, and kicked almost 100 people with no notice.

http://prikachi.com/images/500/4544500U.png
    http://prikachi.com/images/501/4544501n.png
    http://prikachi.com/images/502/4544502C.png
    http://prikachi.com/images/503/4544503S.png
    http://prikachi.com/images/504/4544504Z.png
    http://prikachi.com/images/505/4544505E.png

The person who said "But I asked if anyone wanted lead, and nobody stepped up!" was the one to kick everyone when someone finally stepped up and personally asked for lead.

Anneliesse and Zaphael, have killed Enrage. I know both of them did a lot of work to keep Enrage alive in the past, but as of recent, their efforts or lack there of, put Enrage to death.

I personally thank you for the work you put into the faction, but in the end, you both screwed up, and you upset a vast majority of people to fulfill your own personal desires.

There you have it, a semi-brief outlook on what happened to the great Enrage. The legacy we have left behind will never be outmatched, and nobody shall come close to what we've all done over the years.

I thank everybody who helped make Enrage what it ended up being, for better or for worse. Everything happened for a reason, and everybody in one way or another, has had an impact directly or indirectly on Enrage.

Rest in Peace Enrage.
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    1. love that most of your "support" comes from people who weren't here for the first time (and also people who..ironically enough...all play pwv with you)
    2. too little too late. love how you think you can run 2 factions on 2 versions of the game (oh yeah, thats right... you arent being attacked for that yet...guess that's just zaphy that gets attacked)
    3. LOL that we screwed up. i only did what my ex officers asked of me.... just took me a month to realize they were right. sorry, but they were.

good luck to you, all of you. let enrage die as was intended. its history. ancient history.
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Wow, is all I can say.

I think I remember saying that passing lead to Anne wasn't your best idea, yes she did a great deal of good and I have no idea of the reason why you passed lead to her, but OMFGWTFISTHIS.

Someone was WILLING to try and rebuild Enrage, and as you had stated before Anne "Take leadership(whatever you said), Mystic was WILLING. It seems a good deal of members also agreed with him.

Remember, it's the members that are the faction, not the leader.

/nonfactorout

//ishoulduninstallpwi

///ifeellikeredmenace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    1. love that most of your "support" comes from people who weren't here for the first time (and also people who..ironically enough...all play pwv with you)

I'm sorry, don't you play that as well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Lunaryl - Heavens Tear
    Lunaryl - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

It really doesn't matter who supports him, Anne.. I don't even think it would matter if it was someone else who stood up and said they would lead. People just wanted some sort of change. That has always seemed to be one of the biggest issues with Enrage.. it was always about what "was" not what "will be". Too many people still see the guild as it was in the beginning.. but people come and go, things change, adaptations are made. Too many times have I heard "that's not the Enrage way" or "old Enrage was never like that", but things can't always be as they once were.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forsakenx - Heavens Tear
    Forsakenx - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Wow, is all I can say.

I think I remember saying that passing lead to Anne wasn't your best idea, yes she did a great deal of good and I have no idea of the reason why you passed lead to her, but OMFGWTFISTHIS.

Someone was WILLING to try and rebuild Enrage, and as you had stated before Anne "Take leadership(whatever you said), Mystic was WILLING. It seems a good deal of members also agreed with him.

Remember, it's the members that are the faction, not the leader.

/nonfactorout

//ishoulduninstallpwin

///ifeellikeredmenace

I think you said all that was on my mind. Mystic was in Enrage how long? I'm sure he loves this faction as much as most of us older members did. I was in two factions in pw. Enrage was home to me for about 2 or more years. I'm aware I'm no longer in enrage so i have no say, however, Anne, I didn't know you too well, but you did seem reasonable. I'm sure you realize Enrage doesn't belong to you, I believe fully this descision is not yours to make, it's Enrages. And it seems to me, they want to keep it alive. As a past member who loved enrage, I agree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free Signatures pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87021

≈ 338 signatures made, and counting b:thanks

Screen Shot & Signature guide pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99031
This discussion has been closed.