Comments

• CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    reply to the last red message you gave on my concerns,

i dident mean to say that the euro is *stronger*

it has more *valleu*

i dont want to sit around and debate with the economic crissis, couse yea, greece and spain are in trouble, but those 2 are just 2 countries out of the,,, how manny? a lot and in anny case, my country the netherlands, is still healthy.

if we goin to talk about euro vs dollar

might i mention the 10% unemployment over the whole united states,

that said, not to protect the euro, couse i much rather have my old dutch currency back,

i still find it outrageious
  • liamhallett86#4514
    liamhallett86#4514 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    pwi just want more money...excuses in my butt...i had enough off c0cklickers lies. less euro for zen or many will rage for sure
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    theedger wrote: »
    pwi just want more money...excuses in my butt...i had enough off c0cklickers lies. less euro for zen or many will rage for sure

stop wasting money and stop QQing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    PAH, What a surprise....ANOTHER Rep Sale! I think someone at PWE must've been like: "Oh **** we've pissed off half the community.... Quick give them a rep sale to make things better, that will work for sure"

If PWE think that everything will be made better by giving people a rep sale after they just jacked up the prices for half of the, Now floundering, community, they've got another thing coming >.<

So long story Short PWE, Go F yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • NinjaStix - Lost City
    NinjaStix - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Keep crying, I'm absolutely positive someone from PWE is reading your rant.

Oh wait what am I saying, there's thousands more who still give them money & cry less.
    Your rage is unspent in PWE's eyes, this thread will be ignored by all the staff and won't make a difference.
  • WhoCares - Momaganon
    WhoCares - Momaganon Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Keep crying, I'm absolutely positive someone from PWE is reading your rant.

Oh wait what am I saying, there's thousands more who still give them money & cry less.
    Your rage is unspent in PWE's eyes, this thread will be ignored by all the staff and won't make a difference.

Sure there are thousands that will keep giving them money en cry less, but there will also be hundreds that stop giving them money.
    PWI invested money in the new EU servers and a large percentage of those players will stop paying. Those EU servers will die and that will cost PWI alot of money.
  • NinjaStix - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Sure there are thousands that will keep giving them money en cry less, but there will also be hundreds that stop giving them money.
    PWI invested money in the new EU servers and a large percentage of those players will stop paying. Those EU servers will die and that will cost PWI alot of money.

Wrong, less then 20% will actually stop charging despite what others say in the forums (remember only 2-3% actually voice their rage in the forums, the others don't care for the change). That being said, PWE will now be making MORE then they were before now that they aren't paying VAT fees.
  • WhoCares - Momaganon
    WhoCares - Momaganon Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Wrong, less then 20% will actually stop charging despite what others say in the forums (remember only 2-3% actually voice their rage in the forums, the others don't care for the change). That being said, PWE will now be making MORE then they were before now that they aren't paying VAT fees.

Wrong, more then 50% of the players on the EU servers will stop paying.
  • NinjaStix - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Wrong, more then 50% of the players on the EU servers will stop paying.

Wrong, 90% don't care about an increase in price for 2 reasons;

1. Those who spend money on this game, realise that this IS a luxury and only spend there limit, hence most will not STOP spending money, but will spend slightly less.

2. There are 7 other servers that are not directly EU related, those 7 servers are just as equally/more populated due to there extended existance.

Come on dude think about all the aspects not just one-sided arguements.

EDIT: I made a typo.
  • Earthgirl - Dreamweaver
    Earthgirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    reply to the last red message you gave on my concerns,

i dident mean to say that the euro is *stronger*

it has more *valleu*

i dont want to sit around and debate with the economic crissis, couse yea, greece and spain are in trouble, but those 2 are just 2 countries out of the,,, how manny? a lot and in anny case, my country the netherlands, is still healthy.

if we goin to talk about euro vs dollar

might i mention the 10% unemployment over the whole united states,

that said, not to protect the euro, couse i much rather have my old dutch currency back,

i still find it outrageious

Unemployment in some EU countries is over 20% , mostly Euro using countries.

I personally charge the odd few GBP just to buy the useful items like Charms without spending hours farming stuff to buy them from catshops.

I will not even do that now, as I don't see why a non Euro country like UK should pay 20% extra.

Threads saying that PWI will not lose out are a fantasy. If their margins are so tight they have to force this extra charge, then many players in the EU will simply stop buying Zen.

Hiking prices to save their profit margin, then losing sales because of it will negate the change anyway.

This move needs a rethink, before they lose income from EU permanently.
  • Kali - Raging Tide
    Kali - Raging Tide Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I will not even do that now, as I don't see why a non Euro country like UK should pay 20% extra.

Same for switzerland, shame on you PWI. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NinjaStix - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Unemployment in some EU countries is over 20% , mostly Euro using countries.

I personally charge the odd few GBP just to buy the useful items like Charms without spending hours farming stuff to buy them from catshops.

Threads saying that PWI will not lose out are a fantasy. If their margins are so tight they have to force this extra charge, then many players in the EU will simply stop buying Zen.

Hiking prices to save their profit margin, then losing sales because of it will negate the change anyway.

This move needs a rethink, before they lose income from EU permanently.

It was stated by Frankie that this was a LAW that has been passed, hence said law means that PWi must inforce it (this means they don't have a choice). ugetitbro?
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It was stated by Frankie that this was a LAW that has been passed, hence said law means that PWi must inforce it (this means they don't have a choice). ugetitbro?

As was previously pointed out, quite a few EU countries are not in the Euro.

Therefore the Law does NOT apply to them, UK included.

Although they are member states, Non Euro countries are not subject to the 20% vat rate, and the UK will veto the vat change in the EU Parliament.

They DO have a choice, but instead they applied a blanket charge to the whole EU.
  • NinjaStix - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Options
    They DO have a choice, but instead they applied a blanket charge to the whole EU.

They DO NOT have a choice, because they are included in the afected area. kthnxbai
    edited October 2011
    Options
    They DO NOT have a choice, because they are included in the afected area. kthnxbai

Actually they do, but I see your mind is made up.

Even so, you can't ignore simple fact.

Sovereign countries not using the Euro have their own exchange rate mechanism within the Global markets. it is not wholly subject to EU Law. US visitors to the UK don't buy Euros, they buy GBP.

All they have to do is apply the change to the Euro, not the other Sovereign EU countries.
  • NinjaStix - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Actually they do, but I see your mind is made up.

Even so, you can't ignore simple fact.

Sovereign countries not using the Euro have their own exchange rate mechanism within the Global markets. it is not wholly subject to EU Law. US visitors to the UK don't buy Euros, they buy GBP.

All they have to do is apply the change to the Euro, not the other Sovereign EU countries.

You do realise that if you charge your Zen using paypal you can put said cash into your papal account, then make the payment in another currency.

No arguement will validate the amount of negativity this is causing, because there is always a simple solution that most people ignore.
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The national governments of the European Union decided long time ago that there should be a VAT that has to be at least 15% in all EU countries. This has nothing to do with the Euro itself although players from countries without Euro have to pay with it.

More info here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_Value_Added_Tax
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nonetheless, forcing non Euro users to convert National Currencies into Euros, then into Dollars is effectively a double charge and that is wrong. It will obviously effect PW revenue.

You do realise that if you charge your Zen using paypal you can put said cash into your papal account, then make the payment in another currency.

No arguement will validate the amount of negativity this is causing, because there is always a simple solution that most people ignore.

Thanks for this suggestion, I will certainly consider it.
  • Arroo - Heavens Tear
    Arroo - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    We Pay more to get Less Great PWI !

You wont see money from me anymore !

I hope ALL European Player do the same ....

GL PWI

bla bla bla not greedy haha get a life :D
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Further Clarification Below:
    There was a law passed by Europe earlier this year that placed regulations for all businesses that have operations within the European Union that has forced this change. Companies were given a certain amount of time to comply to these new regulations and that time is now.

Prior to the change, Perfect World Entertainment was paying the VAT taxes for all of our European players and when this law was passed, we explained to the European officials that our company was paying this additional fee for our users so that they can continue to pay in United States Dollars and we were informed that we were no longer allowed to do so. That information came straight from the people in charge of these new regulations for Europe. Perfect World Entertainment was then forced to abide by these new regulations and we were forced to make the change you now see.

If you are playing from Europe, you are no longer allowed to pay in United States Dollars which is why you no longer see that option. This has absolutely nothing to do with greed or wanting more money or any other negative connotation that has been thrown out there in regards to the change. We as a company are simply complying to the new laws put in place in order for our company to continue operations in you local region. Had we not complied to these new regulations, we would have to just pull out of operations in those areas and no longer provide service to those regions.

Thank you for your efforts to let us pay in USD. Isn't it possible that we pay in Euro and pwi is adjusting its prices (if pwi is still willing to pay the VAT ofc)? You may "adjust" the price for Europeans for 50 gold like 31 Euro + 20% VAT? What was the law called that was passed in Europe and those people in charge (simple curiosity)?
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Arroo - Heavens Tear
    Arroo - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Naw.. cmon.. PWI is not Greedy .... haha

I cry for every Euro now that i put into this Game :D

i wonder if the janitor drives a ferrari :o
  • liamhallett86#4514
    liamhallett86#4514 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    guess i have to play free from now. actually very good news for us europeans... PLAY FREE NOWb:pleased
  • boogieman1968
    boogieman1968 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    PWI you have just made a fatal mistake.... i will not be donating another UK Sterling
  • Shijoru - Sanctuary
    Shijoru - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Those rules exist since 1.1.2011 ... PWE is a bit slow D:

" Electronically supplied services, provided by suppliers established in a third country to non-taxable persons (B2C) established in the EU, must be taxed at the place where the customer resides or has a permanent address [Article 58 of the VAT Directive]

Example 44: If a private person residing in Sweden makes use of a Japanese on-line library, Swedish VAT will have to be paid on the amount the Japanese company charges. "

Can be found on:
    http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/taxation/vat/how_vat_works/vat_on_services/index_en.htm

for german or french gamers select ur language in the top right corner
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Those rules exist since 1.1.2011 ... PWE is a bit slow D:
    They weren't slow, PWE was actually covering those costs themselves until they were forced to add the VAT fees by the law. So, basically, PWE has been giving European Union customers a discount on Zen for almost a year or more now, and they haven't been tooting their own horn about it. People should be thanking them for the last year or so, but instead they're ******** at them for something that is the lawmakers' fault, not PWEs. Retaliating against PWE for this only punishes the people who've been quietly giving you a discount all this time.

At least, that's my take on the situation based on what I've read here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • _Morigan_ - Harshlands
    _Morigan_ - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i really hope u guys are as stubborn as i am and dont charge any more.

Not a single cent more for this greedy company.

If u want, u are able to treat us fair. Everything else like new law is bullsh..

Example:

Thats the way it is:

company sells lollipops (or whatever u want) worldwide
    country of origin: germany, mexico, sumatra, china (doesnt mater at all)
    prices worldwide: different from country to country (go try google for whatever u want)
    taxes aso: different from country to country
    remember, country of origin is the same every time
    companys profit: different from country to country
    -> companys problem if its more or less

This works for nearly any article sold worldwide and now u xxxxx (sorry im out of words i want call you) change zen rate for all non us csers and say "sorry its not the companys greed, its law" and want ppl to believe this?
    Who the hell do you think you are?
    I have a little buisness too and if i treat my customers like you do, i have to close soon.

your game=your prices, your customers and finally your philosophy of doing buisnes.

thanks a lot pwe for showing your real face once more.

regards

Morigan

(100% cs free since 05.10.2011)

b:bye
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

If u want, u are able to treat us fair. Everything else like new law is bullsh..
    [snip]
    This works for nearly any article sold worldwide and now u xxxxx (sorry im out of words i want call you) change zen rate for all non us csers and say "sorry its not the companys greed, its law" and want ppl to believe this?
    Just because you don't want to believe it's true, doesn't mean it isn't true.

Just read Shijoru's link a bit further up this page. It makes it pretty clear that how you think things work, at least regarding this case with electronically provided services (which is quite different than lollipops, mind you), are not correct and the company is indeed required to charge the EU's VAT tax.

If you can show a law that disproves that, I'd like to see it, but completely made-up lollipop company examples are neither evidence of anything, nor are they exactly relevant since it's a different kind of service.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i really hope u guys are as stubborn as i am and dont charge any more.

Example:

Thats the way it is:

company sells lollipops (or whatever u want) worldwide
    country of origin: germany, mexico, sumatra, china (doesnt mater at all)
    prices worldwide: different from country to country (go try google for whatever u want)
    taxes aso: different from country to country
    remember, country of origin is the same every time
    companys profit: different from country to country
    -> companys problem if its more or less

Who the hell do you think you are?
    I have a little buisness too and if i treat my customers like you do, i have to close soon.

your game=your prices, your customers and finally your philosophy of doing buisnes.

thanks a lot pwe for showing your real face once more.

regards

Morigan

(100% cs free since 05.10.2011)

b:bye

you have studied a lot of international finance i see *insert sarcasm here*

companies do not make less in some countries because they charge different prices, they tend to go for the same profits everywhere
    the reason why the prices charged are not the same equivalent country to country tends to do with cost of labor, taxes, ect, which pretty much do not apply in this case

really, dont comment on something you dont know much about
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • flumper
    flumper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ok i cant put what i want...it wont let me..

I WILL NOT SPEND ANOTHER PENNY ON HERE..SORRY..TILL YOU REVERT TO THE UK POUND...

THANKS..

The European Union's (EU) Internal Market (sometimes known as the Single Market, formerly the Common Market) seeks to guarantee the free movement of goods, capital, services, and people
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    PWI forums seems to be too dumb to recognize the euro sign and deleted the whole wall of text that came after the sign *sigh*. So to make it short: Here is another European player who is not going to pay 45 euro instead of 35-38 for 5000 zen. You decide on the euro-zen.rate just as you decide on the usd-zen rate... So stop trying to make fun of us and offer a fair conversion rate. Until then a lot of EU-players aren't going to charge a single cent.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
This discussion has been closed.