Options
    Description Unit price Qty Amount
    OffGamers
    Item# US$10 RixtyCode $10.00 USD 1 $10.00 USD
    Subtotal $10.00 USD
    Total $10.00 USD
    Payment $10.00 USD

works for me.
    if ur credit card account is based on EU then it will always convert $ payment to euro. i have an american express card with a $ account
    Forgot to mention that even if my country is in EU it is not in EuroZone. We dont pay in euro. Thats maybe involved in the matter.

Well at least we now know why we havent had patches for some time. All programmers have been busy to **** European players.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Do not charge, therefore do not really care.

Same, gl to others supporting a sinking game b:cute
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    That is for me a total rip off.
    i dont get it, why we dont get like 20% more ZEN OR we just pay 20% less, so it comes to the same we payed a few weeks ago.

VAT ok, but when it stays with 45€ for 50Gold (without extras) they dont see me charging again.

i dont see the point, why we have to pay 20% more then any other country for the exact same amount of ZEN.

No ty
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • Exiirah - Lost City
    Exiirah - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Sad thing is that even with the change, there will still be a significant amount of people with their lolwatnolimit credit cards still charging with these new values and see that its not that big of deal to us b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • victor1337
    victor1337 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Had this issue in another MMO, and after a lot of negative feedback and talks about 'a level playing field for all players' they finally decided to up the 'bonus' zen by an amount equivalent to the countries' VAT rates, so the UK received 17.5% (now 20%) extra.

For example: US player received 20000 +1300 zen for their $200, total 21300.
    UK player received 20,000 +1300 plus 3500= 24800 for a cost of $235 (and yes they had no problem dealing in euros, pounds or any other currency), which gives roughly the same zen per dollar equivalent.

Take this up and send it to the billing department!
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    and i was wrong. u basicly cannot buy from offgamers and use in pwi. there is no Rixty option, there is no Ultmate game card field for the pin. So im sorry that i missled u.
  • SteamyFish - Lost City
    SteamyFish - Lost City Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    b:chuckleb:chuckle

gogogo charge more on a free to play game just to boost your e peen
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    well i think i speak for many European players that if u don't level the amount of zen - euro to zen - Dollars many will not continue charging so b:bye big chunk of money.
  • Purge - Raging Tide
    Purge - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    victor1337 wrote: »
    Had this issue in another MMO, and after a lot of negative feedback and talks about 'a level playing field for all players' they finally decided to up the 'bonus' zen by an amount equivalent to the countries' VAT rates, so the UK received 17.5% (now 20%) extra.

For example: US player received 20000 +1300 zen for their $200, total 21300.
    UK player received 20,000 +1300 plus 3500= 24800 for a cost of $235 (and yes they had no problem dealing in euros, pounds or any other currency), which gives roughly the same zen per dollar equivalent.

Take this up and send it to the billing department!

Sounds fair. I won't be charging any more until PW implement something along these lines.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    This actually started quite a while ago. At some point they started to charge in euros rather than dollars to accounts registered after a certain date (my veno's account is a few months old and had it) while people who registered before that could still pay in dollars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    all i can say is...

Sucks to be you guys :p
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I dont get it.
    im from Denmark, my country does not even have euro as currency.
    I could maybe understand it, if our currency was euro like msot of Europe, but its not.

but hey i dont know the rules of this stuff.. i just find it very weird.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Chibisuke - Dreamweaver
    Chibisuke - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    let me translate:

"If you want to buy your ZEN cheap, use an US Proxy to do so, otherwise, you're paying more".
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    let me translate:

"If you want to buy your ZEN cheap, use an US Proxy to do so, otherwise, you're paying more".

JUst let this game die already...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • LadyDagger - Momaganon
    LadyDagger - Momaganon Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    let me translate:

Tried it, doesn't work
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    some isp's can change country ID. maybe should investiagte if my isp would do that. >,<
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Turd_BurgIer - Heavens Tear
    Turd_BurgIer - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    WOW...JUST WOW

I live in the UK and all i can say is PWE will never see another penny of my money if im to pay an additional 20% more for zen now than i did a week ago.

What the hell is going on with this game...seriously, 1st the prices of the more popular cashshop items are increased. I put this down to a change of personel within the pricing strategies department. Whoever it is im glad he/she isnt incharge of pricing at my local store, id have to pay 5 quid for a pint of milk if he/she were.

I dare say i will continue to play but as soon as I get into a ~removed~b:byeb:chuckle
  • toast223
    toast223 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    what da ****? greed in pwe knows no borders
    why not decrease prices for ppl from greece? their economy sucks so make lower prices for them? oh **** no pwe needs moneys
  • YaFeelMe - Sanctuary
    YaFeelMe - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Too many posts so I apologise if someone said what I'm about to say.

Okay everyone being regarded by this new law involving purchases with Euro might be affected (I will not however). Those that do not charge Zen will not be affected.

Let's say PWi was paying 20% VAT on every purchase that was made, now let's assume that 20% of all of those charging Zen with Euro get angry and Ragequit or refuse to charge Zen. Guess what?

If it comes down to 20% less purchases, PWi isn't losing, nor gaining anything.

Continue being stubborn because you feel like you're being ripped off, but in reality (Aka the real world, where you can purchase useful things that you can touch, see & even smell), you were being ripped off in the beginning for virtual property, you lost the game before it started.[/QUOTE] b:laugh
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    This definitely requires clarification for countries not using the euro.

You state it includes the United Kingdom but the United Kingdom already have a clause in the EU agreement allowing them more powers than the Eurozone countries. The United Kingdom have recently declared they will veto this movement since it damages businesses and services, as well as not being in the best interest of the UK.

UK customers should not be subject to this additional cost when the UK itself is excluded from it.

As it has been stated, this tax will be implemented but since the UK will veto is is only applicable to the eurozone (those using the Euro).

THIS! ^

You better be reading this PWE......

I have some Nails....anyone want to help me put the final few in the Euros coffin so we can get back to having a normal economy? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Sanctimonia - Lost City
    Sanctimonia - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    THIS! ^

You better be reading this PWE......

I have some Nails....anyone want to help me put the final few in the Euros coffin so we can get back to having a normal economy? :)

I think ill join you matey!b:angry

Think ill go and put money into another game maybe WoW or **** b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    BS ill be ****ed if im paying in EUROS im BRITISH ffs. *** that **** im not charging anymore it now costs way too much. its almost 20 pounds MORE per 100 zen! i cant afford that ****. greed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    After I farmed over 300 cannys and over 100 raptures in the last month I don't feel like I'll ever need to charge anything.
    Honestly,I've farmed almost all my equip but R8(Which isn't the most expensive part),and in a couple of months I'll have enough money for a pan gu tome and ta-da,5 aps Sage Sin.

So I do not care anymore
    b:laugh
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol...well theres always my signature.

i lawled b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • Earthbrand_X - Sanctuary
    Earthbrand_X - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I live in Hungary which is in europe, in the EU, we dont have Euro here , for me this new Ripoff means 20% more for that 50 gold , 20% VAT is a bit high i think

50 USD = 11.100 HUF , current exch. rate is 1USD = 222 HUF

45 EURO = 13.500 HUF , current exch. rate 1 EURO = 300 HUF

TY FOR THE CHANGE PWE IM NOT CHARGEING ANYMORE

if it was 40 Euro it would be still higher but that +3 could be the VAT...

Im really interested with the % of VAT they must pay, 20% i doubt
  • gorwulf
    gorwulf Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    as i said before that in lord of the rings can pay in usd, i was looking in metin2 now and is the same can pay in usd too

ps: hello kittycat see your ~censored~ again soon :P
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    1 euro is more then 1 dollar

since 1 euro = 1 gold
    1 dollar = 1 gold

means europian players have to pay more, for the same item right?

bs imo

~ edit

i sometimes sank in some spare mony, like 20 dollars, but since it is 20 euros now its way to expencive, rather play a P2P MMO
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    it may just be me, but whenever i have been in a foreign country ( i am from the USA ) and i wanted to use american dollars, the places that did take them would never give a fair exchange rate, but always charge a premium on their non standard currency

a) to protect them from fluctuations in the foreign exchange rates that would cause them to lose money ( the dont convert the money every time they get it, only periodically )

b) because they can

another game i also used to play charged $5 usd permonth to play, but also 5 pounds or 5 euro per month

i see why people are upset, but this is fairly standard practice, both for mmorgs and any retailer in general dealing in a foreign currency
    and since pwi is in the USA, the euro is a foreign currency to them

you guys had it good until now, but what they are doing now is pretty normal
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    pyro

europian players have to pay 25% more then they used to

comparing with money exchange in foreighn countries where they actually *sell* there voluta * currency * for your money for onely a small %

20-25% raise in zen price is a lot, concidering the Euro has way more valleu then the dollar
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    pyro

europian players have to pay 25% more then they used to

granted, but one could argue that in most games, that is standard practice, and they were good to you until now

comparing with money exchange in foreighn countries where they actually *sell* there voluta * currency * for your money for onely a small %

regardless, the principal remains, they are protecting themselves from fluctuations in currencies before they can change those into dollars

20-25% raise in zen price is a lot, concidering the Euro has way more valleu then the dollar
    That is absolutely untrue. the fact that 1 euro = more then 1 dollar does not mean its a stronger currency. in fact, with the problems the euro is having now, specifically concerning Greece and Spain, one can argue that its very smart of them to so this, and protect themselves from a potentially large swing in the exchange rates in the near future

answers in red
    again, what it seems to come down to, to me at least, is that they have good reason to do this, but are they trying to hide the real reason for their actions behind some excuse, like most suspect they did with dorbs 11/12
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
This discussion has been closed.