Countries with VAT fees - Change in ZEN Charge Policy

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Cash Shop Huddle
*Copied from Shnuggles' posts here and here*

Further Clarification Below:

There was a law passed in Europe earlier this year that placed regulations for all businesses that have operations within the European Union that has forced this change. Companies were given a certain amount of time to comply to these new regulations and that time is now.

Prior to the change, Perfect World Entertainment was paying the VAT taxes for all of our European players and when this law was passed, we explained to the European officials that our company was paying this additional fee for our users so that they can continue to pay in United States Dollars and we were informed that we were no longer allowed to do so. That information came straight from the people in charge of these new regulations for Europe. Perfect World Entertainment was then forced to abide by these new regulations and we were forced to make the change you now see.

If you are playing from Europe, you are no longer allowed to pay in United States Dollars which is why you no longer see that option. This has absolutely nothing to do with greed or wanting more money or any other negative connotation that has been thrown out there in regards to the change. We as a company are simply complying to the new laws put in place in order for our company to continue operations in you local region. Had we not complied to these new regulations, we would have to just pull out of operations in those areas and no longer provide service to those regions.
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    actually that law if there is such a law would apply only to country's that have Euro as currency. Maybe in the US u don't know but not all European Union country's have Euro as currency. ex: Great Britain Bulgaria Romania.

U need to do u'r homework better before posting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • Vratix - Archosaur
    Vratix - Archosaur Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i made it in the first page b:bye
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The EU is in on it too. PWI will do anything for our money yo
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Do not charge, therefore do not really care.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • _MegaWolf_ - Dreamweaver
    _MegaWolf_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    180 Euros = 243.63 U.S Dollars. Clearly you are over-pricing now for more profit. Get a grip and sort it out!

P.S About the 'VAT' I pay VAT on my Credit Card when I buy gold, now Im having to pay MORE?!?
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The European Union will not allow our company to pay that fee as well so many of you will see a "more expensive" amount for purchasing. Again, we are following regulations so anyone whose country belongs to the European Union, regardless of what currency is actually used, will no longer be allowed to pay in United States Dollars.
    Hmm...

So, if you have to charge VAT, and you want to pay the fee anyway, what's preventing PWI from lowering the price of Zen for those paying with Euros?

I'm Canadian, so seeing 2 different prices on items, depending upon which currency is being used, is standard-practice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This shouldn't matter to anyone because, as we all know, everyone here farms their OP gears. At least that is why I hear many rank 9 players say and internet people don't lie.
  • Noriliza - Sanctuary
    Noriliza - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    lol...well theres always my signature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copied from the top of the forum ads, I knew this was really pwusa
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Won't be catching me paying an extra ~ 7 pound per 5000 zen (price someone mentioned in other thread) ...

Why do these forums hate the pound sign?
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ok so can a GM post this new law...............

because not all euro countries are included in this which i have found and others can still pay in usd ill list them

not allowed to use

Belgium, Germany, Greece, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Finland

are allowed

Denmark, Sweden, and the U.K

ok now this is the intresting bit what about these countries using euro ?

Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, The Vatican, Martinique, Guadalupe (Caribbean), Reunion (Indian Ocean), Montenegro,Kosovo (guessing not many from these but they are noted as euro users

ARE YOU SURE ITS NOT MORE LIKE THE VAT IN EURO/EURO USING COUNTRIES HAS BEEN INCREASED BY 4% AND PWI DONT WANNA PAY IT CAUSETHEY LOSE 4% MORE OFF EVERY PERSON CHARGING !!!

anyway im UK we opted out of the euro we aint in this policy thank you very much

awaiting a replies as i found all u said to be completely missing from any new policy
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    You've been paying the fees for cash shoppers so you could keep it USD Currency and fair for everyone correct?

Why not do what someone pointed out earlier then and lower the price of the Euro cash shoppers to better match the average price per USD, such as 7.5 Euros for 1000 zen, seen as you are no longer paying the fees.

Thought not, Greedy company is greedy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    They still need to buy gold from AH even with farmed coins.

But that gold in AH comes from RL cash that has been turned into zen.

Im from europe, i remember that on my old barb here i used to charge with $.

I made an alt some months ago and from what i recall i only had euros option.

Now its been ages since ive been charging with my barb but ill test it now...

EDIT: Just checked. If im ever gonna charge zen again (LOL) i will have to pay in euros.

The rate is the same as with dollars, but euros have like a 10% discount.

45 E = 5000 zen + 300 = 50 $
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited October 2011
    They still need to buy gold from AH even with farmed coins.

But that gold in AH comes from RL cash that has been turned into zen.

Im from europe, i remember that on my old barb here i used to charge with $.

I made an alt some months ago and from what i recall i only had euros option.

Now its been ages since ive been charging with my barb but ill test it now...

EDIT: Just checked. If im ever gonna charge zen again (LOL) i will have to pay in euros.

The rate is the same as with dollars, but euros have like a 10% discount.

45 E = 5000 zen + 300 = 50 $

Before;

$200 = 20,000 + 1,300
    $100 = 10,000 + 600
    $50 = 5,000 + 300
    $30 = 3,000
    $20 = 2,000
    $10 = 1,000

After;

180.00 Euros = $237.81 = 20,000 + 1,300
    90.00 Euros = $118.90 = 10,000 + 600
    45.00 Euros = $59.45 = 5,000 + 300
    27.00 Euros = $35.67 = 3,000
    18.00 Euros = $23.78 = 2,000
    9.00 Euros = $11.89 = 1,000

Summery, 18.9% More expensive now on all options.

http://www.xe.com/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm in the Uk my self, don't really play the game properly anyway and haven't charged in months, but yea as someone said, we don't use euros, we use pounds, If I was charging, I would refuse completely to pay that extra 1 pound 20 pence to charge up to 10 zen per.

Also again as someone stated, why not lower the amount it costs in euros to charge? instead of doing exactly what you said the company isn't? being greedy? if who ever sets the zen costs managed to put down 9 euros for 10 zen, why not simply lower it to 7.4 euros? or to round off, 7?

Such an obvious way to exploit the system that it's beyond funny, it's actually quite sickening, PWE saves money from the fees they're no longer paying, whilst making people from europe fork out more then they should be for this over priced free to play game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If your company was willing to pay the vat for us until this point, what hinders you to raise the zen we get for our monney ? The EU dont care if you give us 1 zen each Euro or 10000000 zen they just want the tax for the ammount of euro transfered to you.

I will not charge a single zen anymore because your game is too expensive now, you recently just lowerd the sale promotion discounts and now you charge us with higher fees for zen even if you have the option i said above to ease this out.

please reconsider and give us more zen for our euros

255 Gold for 180 Euros would be considerate

Anyways Actions speak louder than words, No Euros from me anymore until something happen
    I hate Room 38
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited October 2011
    I'm in the Uk my self, don't really play the game properly anyway and haven't charged in months, but yea as someone said, we don't use euros, we use pounds, If I was charging, I would refuse completely to pay that extra 1 pound 20 pence to charge up to 10 zen per.

Also again as someone stated, why not lower the amount it costs in euros to charge? instead of doing exactly what you said the company isn't? being greedy? if who ever sets the zen costs managed to put down 9 euros for 10 zen, why not simply lower it to 7.4 euros? or to round off, 7?

Such an obvious way to exploit the system that it's beyond funny, it's actually quite sickening, PWE saves money from the fees they're no longer paying, whilst making people from europe fork out more then they should be for this over priced free to play game.

http://www.google.com/finance?cid=717303

Thats why, $0.04 away from its lowest point ever and im highly doubting pack sales and rank sales will bring it back up like it did last time, so now there resorting to plain obvious greed for revenue b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    http://www.google.com/finance?cid=717303

Thats why, $0.04 away from its lowest point ever and im highly doubting pack sales and rank sales will bring it back up like it did last time, so now there resorting to plain obvious greed for revenue b:chuckle

Irony is, they were making more money pre-pack invasion, well...they made a large amount of money to begin with, then it just started to die down, now we look at this and it just cries desperation, I don't know why frankie bothers typing out the **** he's forced to write.

If only they listened to the forum users when they said they didn't want packs but instead want content, oh well, to late and to slow PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
    edited October 2011
    lol by the looks of that pwi is sinking like the titanic look at the dates on the graph too havent we had mass sales since the big fall LOL that is all
  • Sheffix - Dreamweaver
    Sheffix - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This definitely requires clarification for countries not using the euro.

You state it includes the United Kingdom but the United Kingdom already have a clause in the EU agreement allowing them more powers than the Eurozone countries. The United Kingdom have recently declared they will veto this movement since it damages businesses and services, as well as not being in the best interest of the UK.

UK customers should not be subject to this additional cost when the UK itself is excluded from it.

As it has been stated, this tax will be implemented but since the UK will veto is is only applicable to the eurozone (those using the Euro).
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited October 2011
    Irony is, they were making more money pre-pack invasion, well...they made a large amount of money to begin with, then it just started to die down, now we look at this and it just cries desperation, I don't know why frankie bothers typing out the **** he's forced to write.

If only they listened to the forum users when they said they didn't want packs but instead want content, oh well, to late and to slow PWE.

There excessive pack, rank, dragon orb, charm ect sales made the majority of players who dont use the forums get use to the prices it was being offered at were as before people would pay the amount it was sold at regardless, they shot themselfs in the foot with it and relised it far too late. There trying to restore it to how it was by slowing down sales increasing the price in the hope to extend the games lifetime but the damage has been done.

Now most people wont buy packs @ 80 silver becouse before they were 36, now people wont buy +10 orbs @ 50 becouse they were 20, now people wont buy 20,000 zen for $238 becouse before it was $200.

See the plain truth PWE, you ruined this game, if you had followed the game model from Wanmei you wouldnt be suffering and closing PWE Titles like HOTK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    well ...... lol ......... that is all
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    There excessive pack, rank, dragon orb, charm ect sales made the majority of players who dont use the forums get use to the prices it was being offered at were as before people would pay the amount it was sold at regardless, they shot themselfs in the foot with it and relised it far too late. There trying to restore it to how it was by slowing down sales increasing the price in the hope to extend the games lifetime but the damage has been done.

Now most people wont buy packs @ 80 silver becouse before they were 36, now people wont buy +10 orbs @ 50 becouse they were 20, now people wont buy 20,000 zen for $238 becouse before it was $200.

See the plain truth PWE, you ruined this game, if you had followed the game model from Wanmei you wouldnt be suffering and closing PWE Titles like HOTK.

What game company's like this tend to do, is listen to the fact that about 5% of the player base uses the forums, perhaps the other 20-30% will simply read some of the forums and the rest don't even do so much as check, so they use that info to say "well since it's only 5% of the player base moaning about these packs, who the hell cares!!", I mean really, I can't remember one time that the forum users have been listened to and instead completely ignored, soon as 2012 hits, this game is going in the trash heap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *One week later*
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited October 2011
    What game company's like this tend to do, is listen to the fact that about 5% of the player base uses the forums, perhaps the other 20-30% will simply read some of the forums and the rest don't even do so much as check, so they use that info to say "well since it's only 5% of the player base moaning about these packs, who the hell cares!!", I mean really, I can't remember one time that the forum users have been listened to and instead completely ignored, soon as 2012 hits, this game is going in the trash heap.

id say it already is, i get more fun from lol: domination and at half the price, no wait, a fourth the price, no waait, no price at all. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Before;

$200 = 20,000 + 1,300
    $100 = 10,000 + 600
    $50 = 5,000 + 300
    $30 = 3,000
    $20 = 2,000
    $10 = 1,000

After;

180.00 Euros = $237.81 = 20,000 + 1,300
    90.00 Euros = $118.90 = 10,000 + 600
    45.00 Euros = $59.45 = 5,000 + 300
    27.00 Euros = $35.67 = 3,000
    18.00 Euros = $23.78 = 2,000
    9.00 Euros = $11.89 = 1,000

Summery, 18.9% More expensive now on all options.

http://www.xe.com/

noticed that to...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lalena - Sanctuary
    Lalena - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I cant see why some replies to Frankie are trying to say they should not pay the extra increase when he made it plain it was a VAT issue, and nothing whatsoever to do with a persons homeland pays in Euros or Pounds or any other currency.

Im from the UK, and i dont like increases any more than the next person, but i fail to see why guys are trying to put blame on PWE when theyve held out on this as long as they could. The big beaurocratic machine known as the EU is all encompassing in Europe, and it is they you should whine at, not PWE.

Cmon guys, it still is a free game if you choose it to be, buying Zen is not compulsory. This increased cost in buying Zen is a pain yes...but its reality..everything costs more these days in the present economic climate and this is the EU trying to raise revenue to get through these harsh times. You may not like it....i sure dont..but its the state of how things are now.

On the issue of EU and non-EU nations like Norway...well i dont know, but i guess it makes sense to treat all nations in Europe with equal measure.
    edited October 2011
    the vat was only increased in euro using countries (4%) so your saying lalena we should pay euro rates as a country not using it nor wanting to nor having any connection to the euro apart from footing some of the bill because of its massive failure as a currency

charge our currency or yours and seen as yours is a no go then ours is the way if not i predict a glum income from euro

i know games that charge countries in their currency regardless that the company might be on the moon
  • rainbowyoshii
    rainbowyoshii Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    some ppl in this thread are so insanely uneducated to the point where every time they post a kitten dies.

srsly ppl get a ****ing clue.
  • Merenth - Archosaur
    Merenth - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    some ppl in this thread are so insanely uneducated to the point where every time they post a kitten dies.

srsly ppl get a ****ing clue.

You must have seen my signature at one point.b:thanksb:chuckleb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates
  • SirHammer - Heavens Tear
    SirHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Clearly PWI is gonna lose a lot on that change cuz many ppl will simply stop charging zen, 20% increase(when u compare EUR to USD) is quite a lot and many ppl just won't do it.
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    J_Balt - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Good thing new games coming out soon b:victory
This discussion has been closed.